What are your symptoms? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 06-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So week 6 brings some wonderful new symptoms. I am seriously sensitive to smells, constantly nauseous, ridiculously bloated and so tired I'm having trouble getting my eyes to work together. I basically want to sleep ALL THE TIME!!!! And everything makes me cry; movies, ads, newspaper articles, everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 58 Old 06-13-2010, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwife View Post
Been in bed ALL day today! I am tired like no body's business, nauseous, and just feel like you-know-what! I feel like I have the flu!!!

Oh, and I think I might be a little cranky!!
THIS IS ME!!! I took a nap today, I hate taking naps. And woke up with a headache and am so cranky....I just let my boys watch Thomas DVDs after dinner now and I'm literally just vegging. I've been trying to put away laundry all day and it's like, I can put away 3 things and have to sit down. I almost feel weak I'm so tired....

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#33 of 58 Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra_lea View Post
I am 6 weeks tomorrow, and things are starting to really kick in for me. I was tired cranky, crampy....

Now I am EXHAUSTED (feel like I'm hovering between life and death), and the nausea is starting to stir up. I'm hungry, nothing sounds good. Then I'm starving, but feel sick after I eat. I feel like I'm under a deep fog. I'm forgetful and I feel a little slow (mentally and physically:-)

Yes, it is all coming back to me. I need to remind myself that this only a phase and I will survive.
Is it really only a phase? I feel like this, although it has gotten slightly better. I am really sad about it and depressed that I might have to feel like this for 7 months.
#34 of 58 Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmulberry View Post
Is it really only a phase? I feel like this, although it has gotten slightly better. I am really sad about it and depressed that I might have to feel like this for 7 months.
Yes hon, for most people it's just a phase, and the 2nd trimester is SO much better.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#35 of 58 Old 06-14-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Yes hon, for most people it's just a phase, and the 2nd trimester is SO much better.

It really does get better, but I know how hard it is to imagine that when you're right in the middle of it. Just do what you can to get through it

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#36 of 58 Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 PM

Thank you for the reassurances ladies! I need to hear it. It is making DH sad that I am going through this and I think he feels guilty.

I just feel like an unmotivated blob.

I have a garden that is starting to overflow with produce that I planned during the winter with such hope, and I am so unmotivated to pick and preserve anything. All I want to eat is meat, and fruit. The smell or thought of cooking vegetables makes me nauseous. And I used to be a person who could eat a giant bowl of swiss chard for dinner!
#37 of 58 Old 06-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Ummmm...

Ohhhh my boobs! <-----none of this
squeamish
tired
slightly more hungry
short periods of nausea

With my healthy pregnancies, I hit severe m/s roughly around 5 weeks and it ends 18-20 weeks. After my recent loss (where I didn't have m/s to speak of), I'm looking forward to nausea. Y'all will need to remind me I said that in a couple weeks

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
#38 of 58 Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmulberry View Post
Thank you for the reassurances ladies! I need to hear it. It is making DH sad that I am going through this and I think he feels guilty.

I just feel like an unmotivated blob.

I have a garden that is starting to overflow with produce that I planned during the winter with such hope, and I am so unmotivated to pick and preserve anything. All I want to eat is meat, and fruit. The smell or thought of cooking vegetables makes me nauseous. And I used to be a person who could eat a giant bowl of swiss chard for dinner!
alright i'm TOTALLY guessing you are having a boy! When i was pregnant with DS i wanted steak every night!!!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#39 of 58 Old 06-15-2010, 10:48 AM

New to this pregnancy:
sore nipples
constant nausea, esp to garbage and raw red meat

The Friends that are Returning:
Moodiness
Constant hunger (and extreme moodiness when refused food in a timely manner)
Excellent sense of smell (my house stinks)
Exhaustion
Gagging on my toothbrush daily
Cramping
Brain drain
Craving pancakes and OJ (mmmmm...lunch idea!)
#40 of 58 Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Nothing too eventful yet! Ask me again in a few weeks Right now, I'm a little more tired and a little more hungry than usual, oh and I also cry at the drop of a hat! My boobs are sore, and the lovely green veins are showing up everywhere.. I have very pale skin so they are extremely noticeable! I'm also peeing constantly, but that's in part because I've upped my water intake. Overall I feel pretty good

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
#41 of 58 Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 PM

My boobs are killing me, they started hurting last week and were the "clue" that I should pee on stick.
Also the MS with this pregnancy is way worse than with my twins. Even water makes me queasy. I was hoping for a week or more before the MS hit, but apparently I won't be that lucky.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#42 of 58 Old 06-15-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtwinMama View Post
My boobs are killing me, they started hurting last week and were the "clue" that I should pee on stick.
Also the MS with this pregnancy is way worse than with my twins. Even water makes me queasy. I was hoping for a week or more before the MS hit, but apparently I won't be that lucky.
Maybe you are having triplets this time

#43 of 58 Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Maybe you are having triplets this time
OMG don't even jinx me (DH said the same thing when I nearly lost my breakfast this morning....)
It'll be a happy day when I get my first ultrasound and they only count 1 bean! *fingers crossed*

From what I understand, ID twins just happen, Frat. Twins can be hereditary... thankfully there is no history of twins in my family.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#44 of 58 Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 PM

Anyone else have a "full" sensation in their lower belly? I also have occassional naseau, insomnia and being very tired, emotional, nipple pain when DD nurses, and peeing a ton .. but I am not confirmed pg. Wondering if I am imagining all this.

forever following the lead of a colorful active little monkey
#45 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 AM

Moooooody! Mainly teary and impatient, those are the two key features. Trying to keep it in check and test out if things are real or not before I freak out, but I don't know how well that's actually working.

Nipples super sore. Lots of weird crampy feelings in abdomen. Really tired but not getting any extra sleep. Need DH to go out of town so I can be a sappy ball of laziness! Last time I felt I was pregnant before I ever missed a period. Felt the presence of baby. Had m/c with that one. This time don't feel presence. Don't know if it's because I don't want to get excited, or if it means its really not going to be viable.

Hoping for the best in February 2011!
#46 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM

My breast are a little tender, I'm tired, and hungry (but I'm not sure if it's more than normal).
I'm waiting for the nausea. I'm 6+3.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#47 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Well, I'm officially late now and I feel very queasy this morning...to the point that I didn't want to have to hide it from DS, so we told him this morning. He's so excited and I guess we will be telling our families soon. The child cannot keep a secret

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#48 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM

I am not having as many now. I had a virus over the weekend, so that was most of my issues.

Now, my boobs are tender, I have the fullness the uterus area, and weird twinges. I am constantly thinking I am starting to miscarry!!! I hate that!

I am hopeful that the strong symptoms will start soon.
#49 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM

Anyone else having diarrhea? Ugh...it's like water (TMI, sorry). I don't remember having this before with my other 2, so I can't help but worry a little. Then again, I've never had m/s start so early either. I think it's partially pg-related queasiness and partially the stress of thinking about having more children than I have hands.

#50 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj's_mom View Post
Anyone else have a "full" sensation in their lower belly? I also have occassional naseau, insomnia and being very tired, emotional, nipple pain when DD nurses, and peeing a ton .. but I am not confirmed pg. Wondering if I am imagining all this.

I do have a full sensation, too. I have tested positive, but am worried that since my last two pg's have ended in a miscarriage, this one will to. So, every pain or twinge makes me on edge!!

(((HUGS))) I hope you get a BFP soon!
#51 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Mrs. Mama, no, I'm at the other end. Just can't get anything moving!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#52 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Mrs. Mama, no, I'm at the other end. Just can't get anything moving!
Me too! Majorly. It's hard work..phew! lol

Mrs. Mama I actually think you might wanna call your provider about that one...Hopefully it's just a stomach bug or something. I don't want to totally freak you out but I had diarrhea when I lost my first pregnancy and I know it is a sign that you can be in labor in late pregnancy because your body tries to flush itself out. Again I reallllly don't want to scare you, but maybe call and see if they want to see you?

#53 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Mrs. Mama I actually think you might wanna call your provider about that one...Hopefully it's just a stomach bug or something. I don't want to totally freak you out but I had diarrhea when I lost my first pregnancy and I know it is a sign that you can be in labor in late pregnancy because your body tries to flush itself out. Again I reallllly don't want to scare you, but maybe call and see if they want to see you?
Is there anything they could do, though? I'm trying not to worry, but I kinda can't help it

#54 of 58 Old 06-16-2010, 11:07 PM

Are you having any other symptoms that make you suspect your hormone levels are off or is this the only thing "off" in your body?

I looked in some herbal medicine books...they suggest upping your vitamin E intake, it helps baby stick.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#55 of 58 Old 06-17-2010, 09:06 AM

A call in to the Dr never hurts. It could possibly just be a stomach bug...or something totally normal. I do want you to know that I always had diarrhea in early pregnancy. Not sure why I was never constipated like the books said I *should* be. I actually googled it last night when i saw this and read about many many people who have the same thing. Your digestive system can either slow down (which is more common) or speed up..giving you diarrhea.

If it's worrying you I would definitely call the dr..if only for peace of mind.

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#56 of 58 Old 06-17-2010, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Anyone else having diarrhea? Ugh...it's like water (TMI, sorry). I don't remember having this before with my other 2, so I can't help but worry a little. Then again, I've never had m/s start so early either. I think it's partially pg-related queasiness and partially the stress of thinking about having more children than I have hands.
I've never been constipated while pregnant and have had days where things are "looser". Maybe you're just a little dehydrated?

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#57 of 58 Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 PM

I finally have some symptoms worth reporting! M/s is setting in! It's still mild, but here. And very early for me. I am 5w 1d, I usually don't start feeling sick until 7w. Dh is convinced we are having twins. Also my boobs just started hurting. I am so exhausted and crabby. And I am very to be feeling this way!

And to Mrs-Mama diarrhea has always been one of my first symptoms with all my pregnancies. It's actually what made me think I could actually be pregnant this cycle. I say it's normal for some women.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#58 of 58 Old 06-18-2010, 08:48 AM

I think I must have had a stomach bug. I felt horrible all day yesterday and kept having episodes of diarrhea. Not feeling 100% this morning but much better. DH didn't even go to work yesterday because I felt so incapable of doing anything other than running to the bathroom.

I did end up calling my OB and she thought that it must be a stomach bug and that if it continued for more than 24 hours to come in and get rehydrated with IV fluids. I don't think that will be necessary at this point.

New symptom (do they come daily?): Crying at the drop of a hat over the littlest nothingness.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page