**~~ Weekly Chit Chat ~~** June 13-19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Though I'd start the new thread.

I'm so tired, it's as if I didn't sleep at all last night, but I went to bed at 10pm...

I already need a nap

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#2 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 09:35 AM

Tired and CRANKY. I had a conniption fit last night because I couldn't have the snack I wanted. And my boobs were sore. Ah the joys of pregnancy.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#3 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 AM

WEll, I'm happy to say that I woke up this morning to the sound of ds peeing! He was able to get our of the chair on his own, get to the bathroom, pull down his own pants, and pee! I am so relieved. I realy think he's turned the corner. He told me today that the Doctors said it would be really bad for the first 3 days and now that it has been 4 days it doesn't hurt as much. It will still be a long 3 1/2 weeks of rest, but I am so glad he's not in so much pain now.
I am not really feeling pregnant, except getting up at night to pee. I guess a lot of the time I have a not good taste in my mouth - but not sick. My boobs don't even hurt. I am still poasing and the test line was darker than the control yesterday. I am feeling good about this one and I am trying to enjoy feeling good for now. I have gotten very sick with all the others so I know it's right around the corner.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#4 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Amy that's great about your son! It must be a relief to see the end is in sight.

My symptoms come and go, nauseau and exhaustion although maybe it's the weather but I've felt extra tired the last 2 days. On and off headaches too (which is normal when I'm pregnant, yay). Although my nipples are very tender all the time. Nursing hurts. Alot. I still have a few $trees to take, but it's not like they can get much darker, once they are really really dark I think that's the end of the road. AND if on the off chance it was a little lighter, I would have a nervous breakdown for sure....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#5 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 09:53 AM

I'm also not feeling so pregnant. A few days ago I was really struggling with lower back pain but I've been doing some yoga mama every morning and that seems to have helped. I must confess I also POAS yesterday to make sure the line was indeed darker. I've been feeling the increased blood flow down there which I don't remember from the last times.

It's Sunday so I'm going to start our bread for the week. Have a wonderful day!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#6 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 AM

6 weeks 1 Day here! friends saying they can already see a baby bump; I am trying to ignore that! haha...maybe you show a LOT earlier with your 4th?

Went the museum where my husband works last night and saw a great exhibit on Cleopatra; strong female historical figures always energize me

Still working out and feeling great about that; I have to work a birthday party today as well.

My first appointment is Tuesday.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#7 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 AM

I'm 6w2d and there is definitely already a little bump there. I am nauseous on and off throughout the day and have sore boobs by night but I wouldn't trade it for anything! DW won't let me by anymore HPTs, so it is going to be a long 1.5 weeks until the u/s. We spent this weekend wandering around Babies R Us to get a sense of how we might want to decorate the nursery, which was a lot of fun. I am in love with a comforter that has bees, dragonflies, and snails. We are going to an open house in a couple hours too, it has been a very "nesty" weekend

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#8 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
strong female historical figures always energize me .

I am TRYING to get my hubby on board with going to the Science Center today but I don't think he's going for it. He worked really late last night and is moving pretty slow this morning...

I've spent the morning trying to fill up our freezer with some meals so my husband and child don't starve if this morning sickness hits me like it did last time! Spinach Pizza and Lentil Soup. Mmmm.

Anyone else trying to really enjoy eating and brushing their teeth in case the morning sickness takes away those enjoyments for awhile?

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#9 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 02:43 PM

My boyfriend proposed last night!

He says he's been carrying around the (fabulous, sparkly, gaudy vintage) ring around for weeks now, and wants everyone to know, for the record, it was coming before baby.

Soooooo excited. Not excited to tell my ex, but this news will go over better than news coming at the end of July that I'm pregnant.

I'm feeling pretty good these last few days, less tired. I get the message from baby that this is the calm before the storm, so I'm trying to use the energy I *do* have to get things done and caught up before exhaustion sets back in, and maybe morning sickness. I'm 5w today, it didn't hit till 6w with my daughter. I didn't get sick with my son. I don't know if it's the difference in hormones or if maybe it was because when I got pregnant with my daugher, my son was only 8mos old and I was still nursing (a lot) and nursed through the pregnancy. My body has had a break, and time will tell. Have mild cramping and some stretching/pinching/shooting ligament pain but otherwise feel pretty normal. I remember having "normal" days with both of my previous pregnancies, so I'm not worrying (mostly) and am counting my blessings that I'm not exhausted and sick with two kids to take care of.

My first appointment is 5 weeks away, seems like foreeeeeverrrrr.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#10 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
My boyfriend proposed last night!

He says he's been carrying around the (fabulous, sparkly, gaudy vintage) ring around for weeks now, and wants everyone to know, for the record, it was coming before baby.

Soooooo excited. Not excited to tell my ex, but this news will go over better than news coming at the end of July that I'm pregnant.

I.
omygosh! so exciting! congrats! Do you have a date? will it be before baby or after?

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#11 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Congratulations, Tresa! We found out we were preggo with our first about 5 months before our wedding. The only two big issues were having a dress that fit right (I had to get my fittings pretty close to the wedding to make it right!) and not being able to drink more than a class of wine at the reception!!

Momma Moo- I am in search of a good lentil soup recipe. care to share yours???

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#12 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Tresa! That's wonderful!

I just took a nap, woke up with a headache and immediately required Doritos.

Oh boy.

Michelle ~

#13 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Congrats Tresa! We got engaged just before I found I was pregnant with DS! How very exciting!

I dyed my hair blue today (semipremanent dye, no ammonia fumes) and am really happy with it!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#14 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 05:50 PM

congrats Tresa!!! how wonderful!!!!

#15 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Congrats Treasa!

Symptoms here are getting worse. I had to get up in the middle of the night last night because I was so sick to my stomach then waking up this morning was horrible, I didn't want to get up. I forced myself to eat something now Im praying it doesn't make a re appearance.. But looking on the bright side of things, I didn't get morning sickness either time I miscarried so Im taking this as a good sign.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#16 of 61 Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 PM

Well, I'm feeling pretty exhausted this evening, but we had a great night out to eat with friends and then an impromptu trip to the beach

In other more stressful news, my grandfather nearly choked to death at lunch today My mom was there, thank God, and noticed that he was choking. They finally were able to successfully do the heimlech on him. He was taken to the ER afterward and has now been admitted on seemingly unrelated things. My mom was describing all of it in great detail (how he was turning gray, white, and blue) and now I feel like I'm going to throw-up...and my m/s hasn't even hit yet.

No plans for the week yet, but I would like to squeeze in some fun things and get the house in order before my dreaded m/s starts. My other two pgs, it has lasted from 5-10 weeks. Blah...so not looking forward to that part.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#17 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Congrats, Tresa! That's so great! Many blessings to you and your soon to be hubby!

Carriebft, I feel silly even writing this because I'm not so great at measuring out recipes a lot of the time - I just eyeball it - but I can tell you what I do.

So for yesterday's Lentil Soup I did...
8 cups of vegetable stock
8 cups H20
a 16 oz bag of dry lentils
a few cups of chopped onions
a few cups of shredded carrot
pepper and salt
and let it cook on medium for a couple hours
You can saute the onions in a little vegetable oil before you add them if you want, it helps bring out the flavor

Mrs.-Mama, how scary about your grandpa! I hope he is doing well. I am trying to squeeze in a ton of stuff in case the m/s hits me too! Gah - stressful!

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#18 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM

I cleaned my laundry room yesterday. Don't know if it's because my fiance will be moving in soon and I want the house to be organized when he moves in (so it's done my way because he's very tidy and wouldn't be able to deal with my clutter and I wouldn't be able to deal with someone else's organizing job inside my house) or if it's hormonally driven, like pre-needing help if/when exhaustion hits, nesting. I am the type to be embarrassed about an unorganized linen closet. There are worse vices than letting your type A personality out to play once in a while, right?

I have a Super Nose!! I can smell everything, anything...so far it's not grossing me out. Weirding my friends and family out, though. I walk into a room and comment on the smell before even thinking about what I'm saying.

The fearless talk about eating lunchmeat has me rethinking my abstinence on that matter. I craaaave it and am getting grumpy that I can't have it. Will re-research it...looking as much in favor of its safety as possible. Miss Jimmy John's....

Had some scary cramps while I was at work last night, they seem to be nothing though. Relatively uncomfortable symptom -free today again. Hmm...

#19 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
Had some scary cramps while I was at work last night, they seem to be nothing though. Relatively uncomfortable symptom -free today again. Hmm...
I have some minor cramping...hard to tell if it's actual cramping or gas I basically feel like I'm getting ready to start my period any minute (it would have been due tomorrow). Trying not to stress, but I will be testing again tomorrow!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#20 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 11:28 AM

Cramping is normal, cramping is normal, cramping is normal. This is my mantra.

#21 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Congratulations Tresa!!

momma moo - Thanks for sharing your recipe!! I'm really craving some lentil soup but it's so hot out!!

I'm really anxious for morning sickness to start. I'm 4w5d now....I can't remember when it started with my 2 kids. My first pregnancy I didn't have it at all and that ended up as a missed miscarriage....so yep..pretty anxious for it!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#22 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM

Hi! I added an intro in roll call but I'll mention here that I'm due Feb 14! Valentine's Day! Baby #3.

Not feeling very pregnant. Not showing at all and am not feeling tired nor are my boobs sore. Just found out three days ago and was very shocked when I took my pee test. DH had had a dream about us fighting over an unplanned pregnancy and that prompted me to take a test the next day, even though I wasn't technically late. He took the news surprisingly well, lol! I am very excited even though we thought we were through after our two boys, who by the way both had their birthdays this past week.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

#23 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 05:21 PM

Welcome andisunshine!

DH got a new job. Fingers crossed that this one sticks.

I am so so so tired tonight. And it's the last night of Sparks. And I have to do the dishes.

#24 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 PM

we are still trying to figure out what house we are going to move into in a few weeks... i cannot make up my mind for the life of me. im sure dh is going crazy that i cant decide... i'm 6ish weeks today, and our 1st appointment is on thursday...im anxious and scared...my symptoms are kind of all over the place...i didnt have much m/s with ds or dd...the m/c pg i just can't remember...i'm not currently have much m/s at all, but my hip/back hurts like the m/c pg, except its the opposite side this time. i keep picking every symptom apart...i've kept diaries about each pregnancy so i can compare but now i wish i had written more details back then!

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#25 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Andisunshine

Congrats on the job twinkle!

Baby3 - my symtpoms are all over too. I'm waiting patiently for more severe nauseau to kick in. I know it didn't start before 6 weeks, with any of my 3 pregnancies. I only really puked with my 2nd one, and just once or twice. I was a little crampy, twingey last week but aside from bloated, crazy sore nipples and exhaustion, I feel ok!

Oh my friend who is due July 15th went to the hospital this morning.....she wasn't sure if she was in labor, but since I haven't heard from her since then I'm thinking she is having a baby right now!

Michelle ~

#26 of 61 Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM

Hey, how bout this Finn- Ill give you my morning sickness.. Then you can throw up all you want (totally joking by the way, I don't mind it since for me its a good sign).

DH just found out one of his Marines are pregnant due around the same time I am. Made me really grateful to be married to a wonderful guy, her baby's daddy is denying the baby could be his. Poor kid, I feel for her, shes only barely 19 and has no one over here. I had DH give her my e-mail address just in case she wants to talk to someone.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#27 of 61 Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 AM

I'm not feeling any symptoms yet... except peeing all the dang time. Not my least favorite symptom though. So I'm ok with this. If only it'd stay that way... I am planning on calling my MW tomorrow. Since my babies were both so early, I like to get started on my care right away. They were making noises about a cerclage last time... Seems I have an incompetent cervix. I'm not looking forward for bed rest with a toddler AGAIN. So I may let them... This was a terrible month to get pregnant. Lol. I just had surgery. I have a kidney stone that I wont pass. I have a stent to get out. I just had an xray, have been drinking and was on vicodin (surgery related of course) for a couple weeks.... Horrible timing. And I couldn't be more excited.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#28 of 61 Old 06-15-2010, 12:52 PM

finn...i didnt throw up (morning sickness related) with any of my other pregnancies...(knock on wood) but i did catch stomach bugs which made me soooo siiick...it was horrible...i have noticed that with my other pregnancies, even the m/c i had the tingly boobs (which made me test and it was always a bfp) and i didnt have that this time...

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#29 of 61 Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 PM

I also don't have sore breasts yet which is really odd. They hurt SOOO bad for the other two. Maybe this means this is a boy? or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I just scheduled my first prenatal and I'm excited, it's not for an entire month but I'm fine with that. It's a LONG drive out to my midwife's office. I'll be eight weeks then.

#30 of 61 Old 06-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Tiiiiiiiired. Brain dead. ... ... ...

Growing something today.

That's all I can manage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page