Silly Dating/Weeks Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I have dated and redated my calendar so many times at this point it isn't *even* humorous anymore! Please help! How many weeks am I?

My LMP was 4/29.

Am I 7 1/2 weeks soon to be 8 on 6/17

or

Am I 6 1/2 weeks soon to be 7 on 6/17

I guess it doesn't really matter. I just don't know whether CD1 starts week 1 or if CD7 is week 1.

Thanks for the help!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 AM

CD 1 is the beginning of week one, but really long cycles can throw that off. Do you know when you ovulated? If your cycles are weird, you can subtract 14 days from your ovulation day and that would be "day 1" of your pregnancy. At least, that's how the doctors figure it out and how online due date calculators work.

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
#3 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 08:06 AM

Yup, everyone is 'meant' to O on day 14, so when they are calculating your EDD, that's what they are assuming. I O'd on day 26 this cycle, so obviously that doesn't work for me and I just added 2 weeks to my O date. So, I'm 5 weeks today!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#4 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 AM

The first day of bleeding of your last period is 0w1d.
The first day AFTER ovulation is 2w1d
Oddly, I ovulated on cd15 so it works both ways for me.

Ovulation is more accurate, with my second son I ovulated on cd20 os using LMP gave me a DD of 1 week earlier.

This is a great calculator which will tell you weeks based on O or LMP.

http://www.c-point.com/JavaScript/ca...calculator.php

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#5 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I've moved the LMP date to coincide with Oing on CD 15. My pregnancy journal is what has caused this tizzy!

Thanks Finnegansmom for the 0w1d. That's what exactly what I needed. My pregnancy journal refers to that as Week 1 which kept throwing me for a loop.

Thanks for the replies and the help!

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#6 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 04:53 PM

DDCC here , yeah when you are 0w3d you are in your first week. I am 8w0d and at the start of my 9th week

The XwXd is saying what has past, the you are in your X week is saying what you are going thru.

Think of it like this, when your baby is 6months old, you say they are in their first year of life.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#7 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 PM

my lmp is also 4/29 I o'd on the 15th of may. I am 6w4d. sounds like you are too.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#8 of 14 Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 AM

I hate that the first two weeks after LMP are counted as "pregnant" because, well, you just aren't until that egg implants! That, and because my kids like to "bake" extra-long, I give both the fetal age (actual pregnancy length) and the pregnancy length that everyone else counts together.

Inquiring Mind: How far along are you?
Me: 6-8 weeks

According to the calculator, I'm 8w2d.
#9 of 14 Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 PM

Hello all Im new here, first time ttc, havent had my first appointment yet, thats next week, just checking if i can get some good information.

I tend to O later in my cycle than most, but still have a regular 28d cycle.  I O'd on cd 20, does that mean i am a week off, and my due date would technically be a week later?

Or is it normally up to the doctors.

Breakdown

cyd #1              Oct 21

Ovulated           Nov 10-12

missed BF        Nov 18

Positive test      Nov 23

any information is much apperciated,

#10 of 14 Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome...your question would probably best be answered over in the Trying to Conceive forum...but fertility friend or an ovulation based due date calendar could also help!

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#11 of 14 Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM

yes this is talked about regularly in the TTC area of the forum

since i see you are new i want to first say WELCOME!

please look around at the various catagories and sections and you will learn a lot and find we are a great group of helpful ladies (and guys)

as for your question, in a nutshell:

it you completely know when you o'd, then go by that date and you can correct your LMP to "match up" if you would like to have things be smooth at the end. many doctors will not believe you in the slightest or only pretend to if you don't have some sort of proof (charts are rarely proof to them, they usually need something like an u/s and a trigger shot or iui or the like)

if you don't chart, its very hard, many of the other easy signs can be many days off if not confirmed. a 8 day LP seems very very short. but if that is the case you can go here to use a known O date to get a accurate EDD http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/eddc.htm just enter your known O date rather than asking it to figure it out.

if you don't chart and you really think you o later than day 14, you may ask for a early "viability scan" the early ones are very good at correcting dates. you can sometimes say that your cycles are very wonky (even if that is not the case) to justify getting one if they don't want to and you do.

im sure you will find other ladies going thru the similar thing in the TTC area or the latest Due Date Club, which is currently July '11 (August will open shortly for other ladies similar to you that will go in there)

and most of all, congrats on the positive test!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#12 of 14 Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

Welcome...your question would probably best be answered over in the Trying to Conceive forum...but fertility friend or an ovulation based due date calendar could also help!

Jenne

I might be totally confused, but aren't YOU the op??? AND isn't this an old old thread?? lol Maybe i'm having total preggo brain but I do not get this post right now.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#13 of 14 Old 11-29-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post

Quote:

Jenne

I might be totally confused, but aren't YOU the op??? AND isn't this an old old thread?? lol Maybe i'm having total preggo brain but I do not get this post right now.

She is, but a new poster asked another question on the end - which obviously isn't going to attract the attention it would in a new thread in another forum.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#14 of 14 Old 11-29-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post

Quote:

Jenne

She is, but a new poster asked another question on the end - which obviously isn't going to attract the attention it would in a new thread in another forum.

ROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Jenne

02/11/2011   

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page