Anyone not get bad morning sickness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my 4th pregnancy, and while I do get bouts of on and off nauseau, sometimes all day long, I'm not a puker. I have only thrown up maybe 3 or 4 times while pregnant ever.

I'm 6w1d today and maybe I feel on and off nauseau, mouth watery, food aversions, it's nothing too bad at all.

It's kind of stressful, since if you go on the internet you'll read people saying more morning sickness means a better outcome.
I actually wish sometimes I felt worse, and I know those who have really awful MS are giving me the bird right now (sorry!)

Anyone in this boat? I find myself relieved whenever I have a wave of nauseau hit....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#2 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
This is my 4th pregnancy, and while I do get bouts of on and off nauseau, sometimes all day long, I'm not a puker. I have only thrown up maybe 3 or 4 times while pregnant ever.

I'm 6w1d today and maybe I feel on and off nauseau, mouth watery, food aversions, it's nothing too bad at all.

It's kind of stressful, since if you go on the internet you'll read people saying more morning sickness means a better outcome.
I actually wish sometimes I felt worse, and I know those who have really awful MS are giving me the bird right now (sorry!)

Anyone in this boat? I find myself relieved whenever I have a wave of nauseau hit....

i coudn't have said it better myself, this is my 2nd pregnancy with DD it was the worst MS during this time (i'm 5w5d today) and up to 12 weeks but this time nothing major so far same symptoms as you, i had my first US yesterday and everything is normal i even got to see a heartbeat and Dr is happy with everything

i guess all pregnancies are different and just cause you dont have bad MS it don't mean something is wrong with your pregnacy
#3 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 AM

I have two wonderful and healthy children (5 and 2.5 years) the 5 year old has only ever thrown up twice a little bit in her life and the 2.5 year old never. I never have had morning (or all day) sickness. I just don't think we're upchuckers.
Maybe it's because I struggle with low blood sugar and I am very accustomed to waking up queasy (pregnant or not) and just nurse myself slowly with a hot cup of tea with a little honey in it.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#4 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 AM

I'm just not a puker and never have been. I've thrown up 4 times in the last 10 years, and 2 of those times were when I was pregnant with my DS. I had 3 weeks of ms with him, about weeks 8-11. It was really mostly nausea and food aversions, though. Ewww, eggs and fish made me want to hurl. Just the smell of them. But yeah, I've been a little grossed out by the look of leftover chicken this week, but that's really it. I hit 6w0d tomorrow, and some women say that's when it really hits for them. We'll see.

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
#5 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 AM

I usually don't get it bad, just the nausea and food aversions, rarely throw up. I threw up maybe 10x my first pregnancy, once my second (but not from m/s, I had a bad cough that made me gag), none my third. This time I did throw up twice last Tuesday, because I also caught a 24hr tummy bug from my son so on top of my regular nausea it was awful. But since then it's been back to normal for me.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#6 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 AM

I have two sons and never had morning sickness with either. Not once. Every pregnancy is different!
#7 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM

I understand.

Bypassing the m/s and still having healthy baby would be like hitting the jackpot for me! I would also be comforted to have the normalcy of m/s, since I have had it with the last 6 live babies, and not with the 2 miscarriages.
#8 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 AM

I never had ms with DS - just felt a little weird and eating salty things seemed to help. also profound exhaustion weeks 6-9. I too am wishing for feeling more weird right now! so nervous after the loss in Jan when I felt very few pregnancy symptoms and would often ask my husband - 'do you think I'm still pregnant?' only half kidding... but its still really early in this one!! glad to hear all the mamas who never had ms & had healthy babies.

bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.

#9 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerspacemama View Post
I never had ms with DS - just felt a little weird and eating salty things seemed to help. also profound exhaustion weeks 6-9. I too am wishing for feeling more weird right now! so nervous after the loss in Jan when I felt very few pregnancy symptoms and would often ask my husband - 'do you think I'm still pregnant?' only half kidding... but its still really early in this one!! glad to hear all the mamas who never had ms & had healthy babies.

(((HUGS))) I feel this way, too. And I am feeling less and less pg with each day that passes. Which is just like I felt with my last two m/c. Plus, now that I am doing the progesterone cream, I am fearing that a m/c might be delayed. I'd almost just rather go on and get it over with. Maybe I'm too pessimistic!?!? Or just going nuts!!!
#10 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM

With my twins I had almost no morning sickness and it freaked me out. Every twin mom I spoke to would tell me how awful their morning sickness was and I was worried I would have a MC at any time... obviously that didn't happen.
This go round, I'm nauseous already. I haven't thrown up but sometimes I wish I would and get it over with.

I kinda wish this pregnancy was more like the last as far as morning sickness. (minus the multiples,lol)

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#11 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerspacemama View Post
I never had ms with DS - just felt a little weird and eating salty things seemed to help. also profound exhaustion weeks 6-9. I too am wishing for feeling more weird right now!
That is how I feel, "weird". Kind of this weird low grade nauseau, I'm never hungry or starving, and I don't want to eat, but the weirdness goes away when I eat, so I do, which is why I always gained 20# or something horrifying like that in my first trimester. it's a weird kind of gross feeling (like being really hungover or something but not puking). potato chips and salty things and lemonade and sour things taste awesome to me. Like at any given time, I could be sitting at my desk with a can of Pringles in one hand and a bag of sour patch kids in the other (AND I usually eat super duper healthy, but it totally goes out the window for some reason in the 1st trimester)

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#12 of 28 Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 PM

Ha! I am not nauseous, per se, but I totally have no appetite whatsoever. That should have clued me in last week as I was expecting my period and usually get the munchies bad but instead I was just not hungry at all. I even lost a few pounds which was also not normal. I need to focus on eating healthy foods beause frankly our diet so far this summer has been a lot of barbecue fare including chips which I cannot resist.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

#13 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwife View Post
(((HUGS))) I feel this way, too. And I am feeling less and less pg with each day that passes. Which is just like I felt with my last two m/c. Plus, now that I am doing the progesterone cream, I am fearing that a m/c might be delayed. I'd almost just rather go on and get it over with. Maybe I'm too pessimistic!?!? Or just going nuts!!!

How are you feeling mama? I have days where I feel awful and days where I feel better, I think that's part of being pregnant. I'm not as tired as I've been but I've been going to bed so early (before 9pm) and basically lounging all day long.

Also, I wonder if the body gets used to being pregnant. I remember with my first, I was miserable the first trimester but looking back, I don't think my symptoms were any worse....now, in my 4th pregnancy in 4 years, and having spent 3.5 of those year nursing, I'm usually tired and my breasts usually hurt....i even feel like I'm used to the nauseau, or know how to take better care of myself. (maybe).

Michelle ~

#14 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 09:38 AM

Ok, I normally get super nauseous and have heavy food aversions while pregnant, but don't throw up, BUT my SIL just had a baby in May with no morning sickness whatsoever (frankly I was kind of jealous lol!) She said she just felt a little more tired than normal.

That being said, I've also heard that when you are pregnant with boys, the m/s isn't as bad because the HCG levels tend to be higher with girls? Not sure, but I do know I always have fast rising and high betas, so I'm thinking that is why I get so nauseous.

ETA: I should add that SIL had a boy - so I'm wondering if this is fairly accurate, seeing as I had a girl?

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#15 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 AM

I didn't have any morning sickness with my daughter, and so far with this one (@6 wks) haven't had any either. Any touch of nausea I had (usually caused by smells) could be easily counteracted with some extra attention to the vitamins/mineral balance in my meals. That said, I go through spells of being extremely tired and have major cravings for really spicy food
#16 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 10:52 AM

No. But my evening sickness is out of hand!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#17 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 04:00 PM

Yeah, I usually get nauseated, but I've never thrown up *knocks on wood*.
I hope that will continue.
I'm actually not even nauseated yet, just a little if I forget to eat.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#18 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Yeah, I usually get nauseated, but I've never thrown up *knocks on wood*.
I hope that will continue.
I'm actually not even nauseated yet, just a little if I forget to eat.
We're actually due the same day!

I've decided that I feel better this time around because it's the first time I've been pregnant in the first trimester in the summer....it's always been winter and I'm trapped in a stuffy house. This time, I'm outside almost all day with the kids and I think the fresh air does wonders....

Michelle ~

#19 of 28 Old 06-19-2010, 11:16 PM

I am so glad so many of you feel mild sickness! I have a friend who is due same time as us and she throws up all day and will up until 5 or 6 months along! I feel so bad for her.

I am like most of you. I am mildly nauseous, more so when i am hungry. funny some loose weight in 1st trimester, i eat like crazy to feel better and will gain right off the bat. i wont throw up but will feel like throwing up, wish i would throw up at times. this time around sleeping is uncomfortable, already i am limited to side laying positions which is annoying. but i am so tired that i sleep fine in the middle of the day when i have things to do.

for me keeping busy is the key. i might not want to do anything but fresh air and being out and about forces me to ignore the nagging little sickies and think of other things. it helps that no one knows and we are trying to keep it quiet so i have to act not sick too!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#20 of 28 Old 06-20-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
We're actually due the same day!
Oh, my due date buddy!

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#21 of 28 Old 06-20-2010, 08:14 AM

I'm don't actually vomit and MS is mostly just nausea based a super high sense of smell- everything chemically smelling is killing me, perfumes, soaps, etc. I've noticed it's gotten less and less (MS) w/each PG up till this one. And mine doesn't peek until 9-12 weeks and runs longer 20 weeksish.
#22 of 28 Old 06-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Ugh, smell sensitivity! I went to Costco a few days ago and the smell of the samples was revolting. There was an overriding smell of salmon patties throughout the building and it seriously made me cover my nose as I was trying to shop. I went in craving some specialty cheeses and there was a cluster of sample stands right next to the cheese cooler so it was distracting to say the least. I couldn't spend the time I wanted browsing as I had to get away from the throng of people eating bites of salmon patties.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

#23 of 28 Old 06-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Oh gosh - the smell sensitivity is starting to hit here - I have a bad sense of smell anyway but when I get pregnant it's like it goes into overdrive - I had no idea things smelled SO much! I remember being pregnant with DD at Christmas and having to smell all the trees to get the smelliest one to cover up the smell of our pantry (for some reason it really stunk to me). Already the trash can is REALLY stinky - I'm just super glad we're pregnant during the summer so we can have the windows open! With DD and the last baby, I was pregnant during the winter and it stunk - literally.

Morning sickness usually hits at 5.5w for me, so I have about a week and a half to go before it's unbearable... hopefully the ginger chews I got will help.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#24 of 28 Old 06-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Reassuring to hear I'm not alone in worrying about having limited symptoms. Last PG (ended in loss) I felt PG all the time! This one I don't and have to keep reminding myself to eat well etc. I am tired and irritable, crave spicy foods sometimes, but rarely nauseous except to feel aversion to smells. I am 5wk though so am hoping maybe something will kick in next week. Sort of a catch 22 since family is coming to town and we're keeping it a secret. If they see me puking they will guess immediately!

Hoping for the best in February 2011!
#25 of 28 Old 06-20-2010, 03:41 PM

I was only mildly nauseated and had some food aversions with DD. This time 'round, I have yet to experience anything, though it's early yet. I hope I don't. Not sure how I'll function without coffee (that smelled like bad tuna w/ DD), which I've cut down to 2 cups/day (loosely defining "cup", anyway).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#26 of 28 Old 06-21-2010, 12:57 PM

Hi - I am also not really sick at all. In fact, I had tons of energy in the beginning and felt great. I have just started to see/feel a little tiny bit of tummy uneasiness from time to time, worse when I'm really hot (summer, finally!) or really tired. This is my first. I have heard it is hereditary - I don't think my mom got any nausea with me or my sister. Like others have posted, I hear it can vary so much person to person and even pregnancy to pregnancy.

Bottom line - no worries! I'm grateful, and though I have heard the same worrisome things, I think we should just enjoy : )
~deb
#27 of 28 Old 06-21-2010, 01:07 PM

So far (knock on wood) I have had zero morning sickness-which is really different for me. All of my previous pregnancies have been barf city. I do have a super scent nose and have had some headaches but otherwise doing great.

My last pregnancy with twins was the worst-I had to be admitted to the hospital 2 times for dehydration so this is a big change. Trying not to think of anything negative that could be associated and believing it is my reward for making it through last time!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#28 of 28 Old 06-21-2010, 02:46 PM

This baby is starting the nausea a bit soon than DS. I'm about 6w4d and I feel a bit queasy. With DS it started at 8 weeks. I'm not puking, and I can still get breakfast down, but I just feel crappy in the tummy. Looks like it's time to stock up on San Pelligrino and all-natural,organic Ginger Ale. Preggy Pops didn't help last time. Maybe they're just for women who REALLY have ms.

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page