I'm already stressing about names - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-16-2010, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is gonna make for a long pregnancy

My ds' name is Trent, he was named for the Trent river in our hometown, his name was picked months before we got pregnant.

My dd's name is Bridget- she wasn't named until she was 4 days old, though it was really the only name we both agreed on during the whole pregnancy. We like to have the names mean something, so Trent was obvious, Bridget came about because dh compared it to the "bridge" in our hometown over the river I'm pretty sure I gave him 3-4 name suggestions every day and he shot each one down. He's very picky. The middle names aren't too hard, we name them for family members or people special to us.

This baby is going to be impossible to name.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM

How about River then? It works for either gender

Yeah, I know. I'm not as funny as I think I am. Anyway, I wouldn't stress too much about it. DH and I argued about the name in the delivery room. It was a fight that started at 20 weeks when we found out he was a boy. I presented him with a spreadsheet (yes, I'm a huge nerd) of about 30 names, and insisted he pick one. There were a few on there that I knew he hated, but there were also a handful that met his criteria for a "good name for his son." In the end, and down to the wire, he picked from the list.

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 PM

Men are so weird. Last pregnancy, I must have suggested the name "Alice" about 15 times, and he turned it down. FINALLY got him to read the baby name book himself, and what does he suggest? Alice.

DS is a boy, so it didn't matter, but really!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have a possible theme going on as well since both DS's and DD's names are roots of Virginia cities So, I guess we could look at a map...or just stick to the traditional baby name book route

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 PM

We have a girl name picked out but are having a hard time with a boy name there are some names that we like but I am not sure I love any of them. At least we have time, right?

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 PM

are there any rocks near that river and bridge? You could name the baby "Petra" I know a little girl with that name and she is so cute. We also call her Petch for short which I think is cute.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 06-17-2010, 01:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ours is going to be named after DH if it's a boy (BORING, but a discussion we settled years ago, sigh). If it's a girl...I don't know. Some variant on one of my sisters' or my girlfriend's name for the middle, probably, and for the first...we could stick with the Elvish thing. DD likes the name "Elizabeth." I'm partial to Freydis, but have a friend who uses it as her SCA name, and Thordis, but DD chose that as HER SCA name.

Good thing there's lots of time to decide.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Old 06-17-2010, 03:46 AM

We have a boy's name. And are pretty fond of a girl name. But don't have a middle name for the girl name. Plus, it's the name of a girl who I hate and is in love with my man.... So... I want to like it less than I do. heh.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 AM

I have absolutely no idea what to call this one if it's a boy. Me and the dad simply cannot come up with good boys names. Now if it's a girl it's so much easier. Can have twins even and still not have to rack my brain to name them

User Tag List