Does anyone feel super FAT? Do you just instantly balloon with #2+? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel so fat! I am only about 6, maybe 61/2, weeks or so. But my belly is huge and I'm already busting out of certain pants. This is #2 (but 3rd preg after loss in Jan) - is this what it's like with #2? This feels really early for me to be so fat. Maybe just bloating and water retention that are making it stick out? AI yai yai. We haven't been telling people because of the earlier loss so I guess I'll just have to be chunky looking for a couple more months till we can tell people the reason I'm a round little muffin... (And hey - as long as baby sticks, I'm not really complaining...)

bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 PM

DDCC -

yep! bloating! Even if you had multiple babies in there, they wouldnt be large enough to make your uterus grow just yet... but indeed bloating is a main problem with early pregnancy.

#3 this time I felt like I was showing right away due to it... it went away around 8/9 weeks and at 10 weeks became actual baby belly (and has just grown from there!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:19 PM

yes, me!

this is my second pregnancy and i am 8 weeks today. and it is RIDICULOUS how fat i feel. right before i got my BPF i let a friend from church who is pregnant and due in sept borrow like all of my summer and early fall maternity clothes...and i think i need them back. haha.

i just feel fat and gross. it's not a baby bump, it's just...blarghhh

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .
Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 PM

This is 2nd pregnancy in 3 months ( I was 12.5w at my last m/c) and BOY, one of the things that made me think I should test was all of a sudden things were not fitting! Like seriously not fitting! And I tend to run on the smaller side as far as showing goes, I was in normal jeans with DD until 6m and wasn't in maternity at 12.5w last time... so hopefully this is a good sign You'd think it would wait a few weeks though - I'm only 3w5d today...gotta love the bloating.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-19-2010, 04:31 PM

Oh my yes, I'm almost at 5 weeks and I'm having the worst bloating and I can't "suck in" my lower tummy anymore! This is my 3rd baby, but my sons are 7 & 5, so it's been a while for me. So any pudge I'm feeling is definitely from this little baby <3

Hmm, i said "worst" bloating--but I really mean it's the best, b/c we want this baby soooo badly!

Happy tattooed mama, madly in love with my 2 sons and my tattooist partner. Expecting darling #3 in 02/2011!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM

I'm bloated, I alwasy get so bloated...I don't "show" like really look pregnant until 20 weeks....I just look fat up until then. Yay me.
Although this pregnancy, I have no appetite. At all. I remember with the last 3, I ate the entire first trimester and gained like 20#.....each. Gross.
I'm still wearing normal pants but I have bella bands waiting in the wings for when the waists are too tight....I'm only 6.5 weeks though so I have time to pudge out.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 06-29-2010, 05:16 PM

Yup. Number 2 definately did that to me as soon as 1 month! Surprisingly, number 3 hasn't yet (which makes me a bit jealous...even at 10w, I barely look preggo!)
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 PM

That's how I feel, it's #2 for me and I'm not showing but don't feel quite as comfortable in a form fitting top now that I'm 8 weeks....

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 06-29-2010, 09:32 PM

Weeks 5 & 6 were the WORST for bloating. I was thinking I was going to have to make an announcement sooner rather than later. But in the last few days (I'm 7 wks tomorrow) things are definitely settling down. I'm still pooching in the evening, but nothing like that all day bloat I was experiencing last week. Blech.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 PM

I posted on here 10 days ago just being bloated and now I'm downright big and round.
So alot can change in 10 days.
I wonder if it's because I was pregnant over the winter (for 13 weeks?)
Or this is my 4th pregnancy in 4 years?
I feel big.....the humidty doesn't help, I always feel fatter when I'm really hot. LOL...

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 PM

I would just like to add I'm reading this while eating nutella and peanut butter from the jar.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah, I feel fat, but that might also be because I can't stop eating!!!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

So when I originally posted this I later realized that I felt that way because I was ...ahem...constipated. Now I'm not constipated but I still look about 4 mos pregnant and am really only 9 weeks. I'm even kind of embarrassed about it in front of my husband and have been wearing baggy clothes to hide it which is hard in the heat. But the issue is also that I am craving mac & cheese and pizza at almost all meals so I think that might also have something to do with it...

And I just wonder what makes a baby belly before it's the baby???? Is it preparing for the uterus to come up out of the pelvis and makes a big poochy hole there maybe?

bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.

User Tag List