Forum Jump: 

#1 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New thread for the week.

Happy Father's Day!

Anyone have any appointments this week?
I have our u/s on wednesday....nervous but excited.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#2 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 AM

In my last ddc we used to link the new thread in the old weekly thread so that way if no one would miss it- esp if they had it bookmarked! Can we do that here? Does anyone mind?
#3 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

How do I do that? Just cut and paste?

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#4 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 AM

My appointment isn't until July 8th....still a ways to go.

I think my m/s is starting to kick in. Earlier than I expected it to but I'll take it!
Who knew I would be so excited to toss my cookies?

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#5 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 AM

Hi! I posted on the roll call thread, but I wanted to jump in here, too.

My name is Cami, 31, and we just found out yesterday that we are having baby #5 around the end of February. I'm so excited!!

Our other kids are 22 (dsd), 10, 7, and 3.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#6 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Cami! I remember you from the ONE thread over in TTC.

Anyone doing anything special today? We're heading to the beach soon. My husband actually made me pancakes for breakfast but I couldn't eat them at all, ugh. I'm finding it so hard to eat anything, everything smells or tastes gross to me. (so unlike me, I'm such a foodie)

Michelle ~

#7 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 AM

I made DH breakfast in bed this morning. I should have made my food at the same time because now i'm laying back in bed (he went back to sleep) hungry but too nauseous to get up and make something

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#8 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 11:09 AM

I might be interviewing a midwife this week. We have two midwife options in our area and I'm trying to decide between the two of them.

Not much going on today, I made breakfast this morning for DH (the nausea hasn't kicked in yet), and B. made him a picture of our family (complete with baby in my belly).

I also took pictures this morning, I'm starting out about 20 lbs heavier this time and my belly currently looks like it did when I was about 15 weeks with dd. Granted it's not baby at this time.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#9 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post

Anyone doing anything special today?
We're visiting my IL's this am and we'll visit my dad later this afternoon. Other than that, we don't have big plans. Maybe I can get dh out for a bike ride this evening. That would be great

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#10 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 PM

Thanks ladies... I'm still anxious, but I will bring the birth report thing they gave me to the next appointment and talk about and see what they say. If they insist on flat on the back pushing in case of pre-E, I will switch to the birthing center in Denver. It just is a 2 hour ride... Yikes.

I'm tired all the time and I just can't eat a lot, I'm down 5 pounds already. i know with DS I could eat starting in the second trimester.

DH won't be home til 2pm since he had his shift in the missile bunker (we're Air Force) and he is gone for 36 hours during such a shift. I bought a little card and we will BBQ since his mom and my parents are here visiting. He isn't really the type who likes celebrating so it will be low key (the man wants nothing for birthdays or Christmas!!!).
#11 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Hey ladies! We had a nice day yesterday with my Dad, and DH is taking the day to go out with his buddy.

I'm with all of you on the no eating thing. I have this constant ball of indigestion right above my belly button. I keep trying though.

My first appt. with my family doctor is Friday. I won't find out about the midwifery clinic til next month. At least I know that my family doctor is fantastic. She was very supportive when I had DS.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#12 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Holy Canoli! I have been gone for a week and need to catch up. What have I missed?

Also, my morning sickness started during our 6 hour car ride to Galveston... blah... not a fun week.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#13 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

How gross am I? My mother bought me a box of chocolates for my anniversary last week and I basically ate the while box myself. I didn't even share them with DH. I have been craving chocolate.....that is the ONLY food that is appealing to me right now.

How fat am I going to be?

Michelle ~

#14 of 82 Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
How do I do that? Just cut and paste?
Yes just cut and paste the address of the new thread over in the old thread- like an outside link.

No appts yet since we just found out and I need to find a new MW and maybe talk to a HB MW too. I want to look into different hospitals too- I've birthed all 6 at the same and it's ok but I think there is better, if I can't do HB.

Someone posted somewhere HGC (?) levels are higher w/girls than boys anyone know the truth w/that. Also would the same be true w/twins? I ask because my pee test turned positive while I was still going so obviously mine are pretty high this time around- where as w/my last (son) I had to ask DH what he thought it was kind of light. ???
#15 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
How gross am I? My mother bought me a box of chocolates for my anniversary last week and I basically ate the while box myself. I didn't even share them with DH. I have been craving chocolate.....that is the ONLY food that is appealing to me right now.

How fat am I going to be?
I can't stand sweets right now. I'm having a slimfast because I went to a big family thing with my dad today... And I just can't imagine eating more calories today. And it's the cappuccino flavor... I want to gag.

Today was DH's first father's day. And with 3 kids all of the sudden. (well... 2 and the sesame seed in my uterus...)

I am so flipping exhausted. I guess that is a good sign... And the queasy feeling. But I'd really rather NOT have m/s this time around. Can it be the 1st yet? I want my appt.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#16 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 AM

I've got an appointment to interview a midwife on Tuesday, and will be contacting 2 NMD's who do homebirths today as well, to set up interviews. I really want a homebirth this time around! And I have plenty of time to plan, there will be no moving from state-to-state mid pregnancy, etc. like with DD.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#17 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 AM

My ultrasound isn't until July 9th (I'll be 7wks), so I still have a few weeks to go.

Right now I am 4 1/2 weeks. With my last 2 children, I got really bad morning sickness, but it didn't start until weeks 6-7.

Our TWO WEEK family vacation on the beach begins at the end of this week. We planned this vacation a year ago, and I've been looking forward to it every day since. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't start puking while I'm on vacation. Baby, if you're listening, maybe hold off until the day we get home?

Right now I am having no other symptoms besides fatigue, forgetting things left and right, and crazy vivid dreams! I'm trying to not get nervous about not having morning sickness yet (since I've had it so badly with my other two)...trying to remind myself that I got it with them at 6-7 weeks and right now I'm only 4 1/2 weeks. This is the earliest I've ever found out I'm pregnant (found out at 3 1/2 weeks with this one). In the past I didn't find out until 6 weeks (with my first), and 5 weeks (with my second!)

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#18 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Been bad about posting. I'm feeling pretty sick - unusually early for me. And I dread knowing it's going to get worse. We leave on vacation 7/3 for a week long cruise and I should be full on puking by then. I'm feeling very anxious about that. And it's very busy around here now that school is out and I have 5 kiddos home full time! Planning a trip to Costco today. I actually love going there with them - they are great, fun, and helpful. Ok, I love going everywhere with them. I'm just feeling overwhelmed lately. Being exhausted and sick doesn't help. I'm looking forward to the second trimester!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#19 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 09:44 AM

I'm not even 5 weeks and already starting to feel queasy. This didn't start until 7 weeks with dd.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#20 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM

Ugh. So so tired today. I could sleep on my living room floor, I swear.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#21 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 10:16 AM

I'm not sick yet, and I'm 7+1. I'm just really, really tired.

Went to my GP today to get everything started, high-risk pregnancy, so there was a lot of paperwork, referrals, requisitions etc. But now it's all done, and that is a relief. And my BP is good, so we're very happy about that!

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#22 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

I feel so gross today. I forced down 1/2 cup of half caff coffee to take the edge of the pounding headache and ate some toast. I felt better as I ate the toast but now I feel gross again. I guess it's nauseau but just an overall gross feeling...bloated and blah.
Oh and it's beautiful here today, 85, sunny, perfect and of course I'm stuck home working (I work from home doing project management/editing/proofing) and my husband (who is in grad school now) got to take the boys to the beach. Boooooooooo.

Work stinks. I wish I could go back to bed.

pixie, I'm tired too....i've been going to bed by 9pm and can barely drag myself out of bed at 7am...

Michelle ~

#23 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Today has to get better from here...

Had dreams last night where there was an infant whose mom left him and he was crawling around and crying, and I couldn't do anything about feeding him (breastefeeding is the only option in my dreams, I guess). Then in a later dream, I lost the baby I'm carrying now but understood it was all part of the divine plan so I could star in a musical where I would be a singing mermaid (and the play was months away and I couldn't be pregnant in a mermaid costume, nor could I have the mental energy required to memorize lines to be in this play...especially since I am not a theater person at all, it would be like me trying to take calculus). Woke up, relieved not to be bleeding, and my son asked for pancakes for breakfast, we were out of ones I had in the freezer so I made a new batch...still half asleep, with no caffiene.

Fiance is sick, doing that man sighy whiney thing everytime he coughs. I make him breakfast, he comes out and wants a kiss to thank me for making food for him...ew, while I'm eating. Gross, get away. He always does that, I've got to stop it soon. Especially since eating is so pleasurable for me and by doing that he A) interrupts my eating, and B) just, ew. Wet cool lips, gross, man, I'm eating here!

Am I certifiably insane yet?

Then the other man in my life, my 4y/o, finds me the instant my bottom hits the chair by the computer after I've finally fed everyone and sit down to eat, myself, while I read emails (and catch up here), and he's asking for his turn. Wont' leave the room, is hovering. Is chatting me up, totally ignoring my requests for a few minutes of quiet time while I read and eat, chat chat chat...gab, gab, gab...who can concentrate with all this?!!!!

And I'm having weird cramps, especially cervical sharp shooting ones. Kind of feels like period cramps. Maybe my dreams were premonitions? If they were, I hope it goes ahead and does its thing so I can have a drink tonight.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Today will get better from here. Or I'm going to go hide in a cave.

Thanks for listening/reading. Bah.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#24 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 AM

I have my ultrasound tomorrow, I can't wait!! I have been getting the most sick at night when I want to go to bed it is the worst but I'll take it. The humidity luckily has not been too too bad @ night but it is only a matter of time. The bean & I will be hiding out in the AC soon, I think.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#25 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM

I agree, today has to get better! I woke up to go to work (love my job!) and felt awful so I rescheduled. I thought I'd lay back down with DH (he works nights) and dreamed I had had a miscarriage, that I was getting married but didn't really want to and while people got ready for pictures I tried to talk to my Dad about not wanting to get married (we were in the elevator alone) but the elevator was moving too quickly like it was crashing, and about food. The reason I lost the baby in the dream was that I didn't eat/drink enough. I had many, many dreams about food. I was so hungry when I woke up I was light headed but at least the nausea had passed.

I have so much work I need to do but no motivation. Watching Star Trek:TNG and surfing the web...trying to decide what to eat next. The rice krispies with banana and milk didn't last long...just so tired...

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#26 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 04:30 PM

I had a panic attack at work and got sent home! My day has got to get better! I don't see how it could be any worse. Lately I have really been feeling like I just don't belong in the work world. What happened today just makes me feel that way even more. I have never had a panic attack before. It was really scary. A supervisor overheard me talking with a coworker. He of course assumed we were talking about our company but we were actually talking about her boyfriends company. I totally kept my cool while talking to him but instead of apologizing for eavesdropping he sent me to the head boss. As I started talking to her my whole body got really tingly and all the sudden I couldn't breathe. It was totally crazy. I've never felt that way before. Me and the other girl explained ourselves to my boss as I was feeling dizzy and shakey. She understood and said no biggie. The other girl went away just fine but I had a total melt down. I started hyperventilating and sobbing uncontrolably. Of course everyone kept asking me what was wrong so I am trying to explain while trying to catch my breath. Didn't work very well. My boss said I was making a big deal out of nothing and I should just let it go. It's kind of hard not to replay stuff when people keep asking you what happened. I got sent home! I had to come home and explain myself to my dh. He gave me a hug but I could tell that he wasn't that understanding. We really need my job and I'm sure what happened was a little scary for him. It was scary for me. I have no idea why or how that happened. Whats even worse is I have no idea how to prevent that from happening again. I really can't lose my job. I feel so anxious. This day has just got to get better.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#27 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 04:51 PM

trekkingirl, I've had random waves of intense anxiety that I know could easily escalate into a panic attack if I didn't catch them and concentrate them away. What's up with that? I sometimes chalk it up to eating chemically laden food (food coloring, especially, does it for me, and MSG makes my heart race like nuts now that I'm pg).

Just wanted you to know there's someone else out there getting broadsided by anxiety since people around you are giving you the weirdo vibe.

My day is getting better. Ish. Definitely feel the pull of energy from the little growing one. I feel better now that my fiance left for the day. He's so all up in my face, like another kid. I know it's hormones and totally natural to despise, at times, your partner...he's not taking waves of irritation/hatred well.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#28 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

trekkingirl, I have lots of anxiety too. Actually I was diagnosed with GAD a while back but went off of meds when i was pregnant with #1 and never went back on. I'm going to say that I will be going on them again once we're done with kids. I'm not a med kind of person but the difference to me was striking.

I hope you're feeling better, work and the whole environment can be such a trigger. Being pregnant doesn't help either. I've been pretty stressed about this pregnancy....to the point of full on anxiety attack. Not fun.

Tresa - I totally agree about the despise. I get so annoyed so easily....I'd rather take it out of my dh than my kids though, so he gets the brunt of it. He can deal, he's been through it before.... i doubt he even listens to me anyways.

Michelle ~

#29 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 PM

I had very severe anxiety problems through high school and much of college, my stomach would always get upset first and it would usually end in a panic attack. Are you having any morning sickness or indigestion that could be triggering your anxiety as well as work?

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#30 of 82 Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 PM

well I've spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out a WAHM situation. I was thinking if I could work from home I might avoid panic attacks. And yes Nintendork, I had neusea all morning before all this went down. Work has always been my trigger, but today was monumental, or just mental. I've never been sent home before. I'm usually just over emotional occasionally. Today was my first panic attack. It was like I could feel all the oxygen leaving my limbs through my blood stream. Like when your foot falls asleep, but all of my whole limbs. Then I felt like I was being held under water. Really terrifying. I was thinking about talking with my doctor about this, but I really don't want to be labeled with any mental health stuff. I hope to foster after this baby hits toddlerhood and I don't know what kind of checks they do. I looked through the WAHM well. It's all overwhelming. It's been an overwhelming day. I think I just need to chill for a bit. At least I didn't get fired.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page