Food Journal Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So does anyone follow the brewer diet while they are pregnant?

that is what I always try to follow. of course I suffer with severe morning (noon and nite) sickness the first 14 to 20 weeks so during that time I focus on keeping as much down as I possibly can whatever it is since losing weight is NOT ok. then when the sickness abates I always try and follow the brewer diet which is high in protein.

Lori T. DH Joey Momma to...DS21, DDIL19, DD19 (EDD11-22-10), DD9, DD5, DD2 & another Blessing EDD 2-13-11
#32 of 36 Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM

I tried it once but I couldn't choke down that much protein! LOL

The kids and I harvested a bunch of blueberries yesterday and so we made vegan ww blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning.

Lunch was just new potatoes (our garden), homemade vegan sausage, eggs from our chickens and cheese. The protein was needed!

Dinner... we might grab something to eat after we hit up the gym this evening.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#33 of 36 Old 07-02-2010, 06:01 PM

With the nausea I've been dealing with I've just been following my mood and eating whatever sounds good at the time. Since I got up today (worked last night and crashed when I got home), I've had a BLT on whole wheat. The last few days I've been craving Mexican food.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#34 of 36 Old 07-03-2010, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

So my prenatals have starting making me sick...I've switched over to FLinstones for a while I don't feel like I really need them, I know I eat well, but I guess I just wanted that certainty.

breakfast- oatmeal with yogurt and blueberries
lunch- apple, granola bar, pretzels, sandwich
dinner- stuffed artichokes, steak and potatoes

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#35 of 36 Old 07-04-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

So tonight is my first try at making rapini greens- I've used them to make pesto before but never just cooked them. My dad does them all the time when we are up at their place. We are having the greens with homemade marinara sauce and gnocchi. I found a recipe that says to boil them a bit in salted water and then saute with garlic and olive oil. seems simple enough!

Day 2 of using the Flinstone vits and no issues so far.

hmmm..now I found this rachael ray recipe that has you cooking the greens in chicken broth http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html that seems like it would make for more taste.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#36 of 36 Old 07-04-2010, 05:11 PM

I have been eating lots of beans the past two days after reading they can help with ms. I don't think it is working. Beans and cheese plus grapes. I think that is all I have eaten in two days. Sigh...

I can't take prenatals either, nor B6 which helped me last time.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page