Nausea support thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 97 Old 06-29-2010, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me either. Mama, have you tried a really strong toothpaste, Altoids or the like?

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 97 Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the tip on the prenatals. I didn't take mine this morning and had a much better morning. Still a bit queazy, but we went to the zoo and walked around and I felt okay the whole time.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#63 of 97 Old 06-29-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family4Christ View Post
Me either. Mama, have you tried a really strong toothpaste, Altoids or the like?
Thanks for the suggestions, Family! Unfortunately, tooth brushing time is a gag fest around here. It's my least favorite activity. And mint just seems to make the awful taste worse.

Ugh...is there no hope for me?

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#64 of 97 Old 06-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, Family! Unfortunately, tooth brushing time is a gag fest around here. It's my least favorite activity. And mint just seems to make the awful taste worse.

Ugh...is there no hope for me?
Should be just a few more weeks of it to go and BAM like a light switch it will be gone!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#65 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words, mommytoallh! And I'm glad that cutting out the prenatals was helpful to you, chrfath!

AFM - Well, this is my 6th day off vitamins and it does, indeed, seem to be helping. I switch to chewable prenatals tomorrow.

In the meantime, my nausea has subsided quite a bit, and my food aversions are easing up. I'm even thinking about making roast beef tonight! "Thinking" is the key word, though, we'll see what actually happens...

But the decreasing symptoms makes me a little worried, which is crazy, I know! My midwife suggested stopping the vitamins for a bit and it worked, so I should be happy, right?? But I thought things would continue to be bad for a few more weeks, and I'm trying hard not to be anxious about a lack of sickness. I *am* still tired and moody and achy, after all.

So could it be that my morning sickness and related symptoms are winding down already, at 9 weeks?

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#66 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

It could be - some people say that weeks 7 and 8 are the worst. I puked up all my dinner last night. This sucks. I'm 7 weeks 4 days today, and miserable.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#67 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're miserable, Twinklefae!

But I'm happy to hear that you've heard others say weeks 7 and 8 are the worst! My nausea and related symptoms started at week 6 and peaked at about week 8.

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#68 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Ugh I'm 8w2d today and feel like I'm going to vomit at any given moment.
I have found, that large quantities of SunChips help.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#69 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 05:50 PM

The nausea doesn't seem to let up much anymore, last time it really hit about 7 weeks so I guess I'll wait and see what happens...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#70 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 06:21 PM

Well at 7 wks on the spot I've had my first real waves of nausea! Here we go! Hope it does not last as long as with DS!

Mom to K and R

#71 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 PM

I think i am weird, i feel nausous most of the time and the only cure is to eat! I just feel like I am so starving I am sick.........i will probably gain a ton! It is hard to find something i want to eat. bagels and cream cheese usually help. I started feeling sick at 4 weeks so i hope to be done around 10-12 weeks but right now thats still weeks away and not much of a consolation. Plus we are vacationing with family and my husband does not want to tell anyone. Everyone is concerned about my low energy!! i wish they would all just guess it so i could sit around and do nothing without feeling bad. But hubby just lost his job and this is #6 so some family might flip out and we just dont need the drama right now.

has anyone tried ginger tea. i bought some packaged stuff that was horrible but the fresh ginger in boiling water with a little honey is really good and helps! i also carry around peppermint candies!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#72 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayathomemommy View Post
I think i am weird, i feel nausous most of the time and the only cure is to eat! I just feel like I am so starving I am sick.........i will probably gain a ton! It is hard to find something i want to eat. bagels and cream cheese usually help.
Oh my god I could not have said it better myself. At this point I am so sick of eating but if I stop I feel 10x worse. My doctor told me to eat all of the time and he was right. Can't wait for this to be over

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#73 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Oh my god I could not have said it better myself. At this point I am so sick of eating but if I stop I feel 10x worse. My doctor told me to eat all of the time and he was right. Can't wait for this to be over
Yep...same here. At this point I'm only nauseous and vomiting when I get really hungry. At the same time, nothing sounds good and I have no appetite so it's hard to keep feeding myself. But if I do keep eating I feel almost normal!!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#74 of 97 Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Ive decided my body is just plain weird. I decided to try B6 again cause Im desperate. Im not taking care of my babies properally (ok, I have a 3 yo and an 18 month old so I call them my babies), not taking care of myself, not taking care of my house and my hubby isn't here so I needed to try something. Well, B6 made me sicker than anything. 10 minutes after I took it I spent a about half an hour in the bathroom getting sick. So, It didn't work. This morning I saw I still had some BComplex left from before I got pregnant. I took one and within half an hour I felt a ton better. I have no idea why i couldn't take B-6 without getting sick but I can take B Complex, don't ask me but Im not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Since im feeling better I think Ill go take a shower and do some laundry by then maybe it will stop raining and I can take my girls to the park. They would really love that.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#75 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 12:53 PM

I think I found the cause of that icky metallic taste in my mouth! I've read that it's due to high levels of estrogen, and it seems that vitamins make it worse!

A few days after stopping the Rainbow Lite prenatals, the taste started to diminish. Last night I started taking the Vitafusion chewables and, lo and behold, the taste returned about 10 minutes later!

I think I'll have to start taking my vitamins before bed. At least now I know the culprit!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#76 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Does anyone else have a "safe smell"? So many odors make me nearly gag, but I can take a nice big whiff of a freshly cut orange and it makes me feel better. The other thing I'm loving is my aloe vera spray. It just smells so fresh that it makes me feel better right away.

Pregnancy is weird.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#77 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Does anyone else have a "safe smell"? So many odors make me nearly gag, but I can take a nice big whiff of a freshly cut orange and it makes me feel better. The other thing I'm loving is my aloe vera spray. It just smells so fresh that it makes me feel better right away.

Pregnancy is weird.
i have a few essential oils i sniff if i'm feeling really gaggy after smelling something gross...so far i've used lemon and peppermint and felt better.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#78 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Mamas, are any of you having a continuous sour stomach? I've been moderately nauseous for several days now (right after posting about only having it mildly ) and if I go longer than 2-3 hours without eating, I get a sour stomach and when I eat, I get one. Well, I guess I pretty much always have one

#79 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family4Christ View Post
Mamas, are any of you having a continuous sour stomach?
Me! My stomach just hurts. I am only occasionally nauseous and mostly just burning/acidy/sour/painful. Yuck. However WHILE I am eating my stomach feels fine.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#80 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM

I'm having the sour stomach going on too. Did I mention that I am looking forward to the 2nd trimester?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#81 of 97 Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Nothing is helping right now and it sucks being sick and hiding it. I haven't left the house much. Dragging myself to the gym and outside with the kids.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#82 of 97 Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Yuck yuck yuck. I eat as much as possible, too, to stave off the yuck. It doesn't help 100%, but it pushes it back away from the forefront a bit. I've been doing alot of canned soup, it feels like a meal, but i don't have to cook it. Fruit salads, cheese and crackers. And I'm absolutley ballooning after losing 8 pounds in 2 or 3 weeks, I've returned to my pre-pg weight in ONE week. I look very unmistakably pg. And not telling.
#83 of 97 Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 PM

It is so on here! the past couple days have just been nasty! ladies, how will we get thru this????

Mom to K and R

#84 of 97 Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombrooklyn View Post
It is so on here! the past couple days have just been nasty! ladies, how will we get thru this????
ombrooklyn, you and I are only due a day apart, and my morning sickness has just gotten fierce! UGH! I'm trying to stay positive, believing that it's a GOOD sign that my hormones are kicking up to do their thing :-) I experienced bad morning sickness with my other 2 pregnancies (both healthy boys), and it kicked in with them right around 7 weeks. In the end, it will be worth it!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#85 of 97 Old 07-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Oh my good night! Every week it kicks up a notch. Now, I am so thirsty, but when I drink a little water, I almost throw up. I feel like if someone nudges me, I'll throw up. Ugh. All for a good reason, but I just wanted to whine!

#86 of 97 Old 07-07-2010, 10:27 PM

Today has been my worst day yet, all pregnancies combined. I just got back from Urgent Care where I got a shot of zofran and some IV fluids. I also got a prescription for zofran. I really hope this makes me feel better. DH had to take the day off again today. My mom has offered to take the day off tomorrow. I hope I don't have to take her up on it. I'm so useless right now. At least I'm feel slightly better after getting rehydrated, though.

#87 of 97 Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 AM

I have been taking B6 --100 mg spread throughout the day, and it has helped ALOT. I am pretty amazed actually. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I'm not sure if maybe I just have less nausea this go around, but my 1st 2 were pretty horrible. I know typically they say to pair B6 with unisom but I tried that once and I could not lift my head from the pillow. So, I tried just the B6 and it's been great, so far...
#88 of 97 Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 AM

I have been lurking...mainly feeling too lazy to even write - now isn't that pathetic. I will be 10 weeks 1 day tomorrow, and this past week has been my worst. I have been nauseous since week 6, but this week I've had increased vomiting and migraines along with it. I feel guilty that that my 6 and 2 year old boys are having the most boring summer vacation ever (oh, and I'm definitely not winning any mom of the year awards)!

And, I just can't wait for 2 trimester! No particular foods seem to be a magic cure. I just need to eat regularly or things go downhill fast! Keeping my electrolytes up seems to be helping a bit.

Hang in there!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#89 of 97 Old 07-08-2010, 09:11 PM

OMGoodness. I cannot believe I have missed this thread with all the searching I have done on how to relieve nausea in pregnancy. I thought I was not going ot make it last night. And, usually, I am no baby about stuff like this. I can normally muscle through an illness without a problem. This pregnancy is by far the worse re: nausea. I can stomach little else than cheerios and oyster crackers. Seriously. And, we are a family who eats little to no grains with the exception of quinoa and buckwheat. I cannot even look at the box without making a run for the bathroom. I dont know how I am going to make it. And, I am also not on the top of the Mommy of the Year Award list. The kids have watched more TV in the last 2 days than the last several months combined. But, I can barely even get teh TV turned on for them, let alone do anything else for them. I almost broke down and called the doc for an Rx this morning. But then I felt better in the morning than I do at night. Augh!! Plus, I cant sleep, so I cant even sleep off the nausea. Sorry to complain. I am not really complaining, I am loving the fact that i will have alittle one in several months, but Augh, just a little peace for my stomach!
#90 of 97 Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM

I actually was feeling better but today and especially right now I feel horrid. So nauseous. I can't even muster the mental strength to take my prenatal, I know it won't stay down....ugh, I feel gross. It's like I was teased with feeling semi normal for a few days. blah.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page