Whose pregnancy is still a secret? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 7w3d and we haven't told our family yet. Just a few friends of mine that don't live near by....

It's hot here and I've been wearing tanks and stuff around the house....and I look either really chubby lately or pregnant....oppsie.

The catch is, my ridiculously nosey inlaws live next door and I'm the caretaker for my mother who lives with us...sooooo....

I'm waiting for someone to flat out ask me, can you imagine? how rude would that be? "Your stomach is really pudgey lately, are you pregnant?"
Me "Um no? I'm just constipated I guess..."

Anyone else still hiding it? My last 3 pregnancies started off in the winter and it was WAY EASIER to hide a pregnancy under a hoodie or a sweater for sure...

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The secret's out here. We told very shortly after finding out. We usually wait a little longer, but we went ahead and spilled the beans this time

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM

Yup, my two best friends know, and SO's best friend. Nodoby else. I'm 7+5 today.
I'm wondering about telling my mum too though. Not sure yet.
But the rest of the family and friends has to wait until the U/S around 12 weeks.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Still a secret here. Haven't even told the ODC. Probably a bit to do with the residual effects of telling ppl about past pgs, and how we hate the comments on our large family!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 AM

Only our families know.

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

Old 06-25-2010, 11:42 AM

We both have large families that all go to church together, so we can't tell ANYONE until we're ready for the world to know. I did tell my sister and one close friend, but that's it.

We were originally thinking 12 weeks, but I'm with finnegansmom - it's so hard to hide this time! I'm really looking poochy. By the end of the day I look 4 months pregnant. Ridiculous, considering the baby's the size of a lentil.

We have a big family reunion coming up on July 10th - I'll be 8 weeks by that point and past my first dr appt, so I'm thinking we'll spill the beans then.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Some friends know and my siblings, mom, and in-laws. We are going to tell my dad this weekend and wait til 12 weeks to tell the rest of our friends.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 PM

DH's family knows, his mom is an OB and we called her very early on with this pregnancy because I conceived with my IUD still in place (it's since been removed safely) and she was a great source of info even though she's several states away from us.

We're waiting till after my first ultrasound (6/30) to tell my family. I'm nervous how they'll react. They were very supportive after we had our twins but have made several comments about DH and I being "done" after 2 kids. They may have negative things to say about surprise #3. (or they could surprise me and be happy. I guess we'll see)

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post

We were originally thinking 12 weeks, but I'm with finnegansmom - it's so hard to hide this time! I'm really looking poochy. By the end of the day I look 4 months pregnant. Ridiculous, considering the baby's the size of a lentil.
This is my problem! My evening I'm HUGE and BLOATED and so blubbery.
I can't suck it in, I just can't, it hurts.

I need to figure something out....I can't hide my girth under a tank top for 5 or 6 more weeks.... yikes

Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 PM

We have big mouths & we told everyone.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM

We are still pretty early, 4w4d, so we haven't told anyone. Well, except for my online friends. I would tell the families, bc I know mine won't say anything, but DH's mom is a blabbermouth (which has it's good points, she can really get news out!) and if we lose teh baby, I don't want to have to untell people in the grocery store, kwim? We live near his family in a small town where everyone knows everyone.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-25-2010, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My family know and a couple of my friends but that is all. Scared to tell everyone since last time we did that we ended up losing the pregnancy.

Mom to K and R

Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 PM

I'm seven weeks now, but we told my parents at 5 weeks and my brothers at 6 weeks. We will tell DH's parents this weekend. And after our 8 week exam on Tuesday, we'll tell the rest of the family. It's too hard for us to hide it because everyone knows we were doing fertility treatments since Jan.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM

The only people that know I'm pregnant is my partner and my mom. Because I've had miscarriages before I'm not telling anyone else until 12 weeks.
I hate telling people. My partner and I aren't married and even my doctor rolled her eyes when I told her we were pregnant the last time. I'm not looking forward to having to share the news with anyone because I can't think of any single person who is going to be excited (and that makes me feel sad).
Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by understars View Post
The only people that know I'm pregnant is my partner and my mom. Because I've had miscarriages before I'm not telling anyone else until 12 weeks.
I hate telling people. My partner and I aren't married and even my doctor rolled her eyes when I told her we were pregnant the last time. I'm not looking forward to having to share the news with anyone because I can't think of any single person who is going to be excited (and that makes me feel sad).
Why would your doctor roll her eyes? That's rude, I would find a new doctor...
I'm sorry you feel sad.
I'm sure people won't be excited for us either, at least our family. Both of our families love misery....they would never see a birth as a happy occassion. A baby to them is a source of stress, work, and financial hardship. My friends on the other hand are normal people who find enjoyment in life and welcome births and love babies. They don't say "how are you going to afford it?"
I wasn't married when I found out I was pregnant with #1...we ended up getting married and now are expecting #3. I don't care what people think about that, life's too short to worry about people passing judgment.
to you.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 PM

We are still kepping the secret. The kiddoes know, but noone else. I think the other girl scout moms suspect because I have not been doing activities because of the morning sickness. But I will be hiking and ccamping again once I stop vomiting. We will tell then at about 12 weeks.

Mama to 8 little ones by birth and adoption. S 14, E 12, G 10, C 9, K 7, N 6, R 5, Ch 3 and baby T 9 months

Old 06-25-2010, 05:20 PM

People who need to know, know (my girlfriends I can't party with anymore for sobriety requirements of pregnancy and my need to go to bed at 9pm). Df has told a few people. Mostly we're keeping it on the DL until we hear a heartbeat. Both so we don't have to spread bad news if baby doesn't stick, and also so I don't have to field pregnancy questions for as many weeks. I'm not a big details sharer with the world at large and people can be so nosey about pregnancy, yk?

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:40 PM

I've told mostly everyone but a few of the daycare parents - but that's coming out too! (Told one more today)

No doctor should roll their eyes at you. : That's just awful! My doctor was thrilled for me and said "How exciting!"

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 PM

We've told our immediate families and a few friends, but that's about it. I'm 8 weeks so I don't really mind if people start to know but I haven't yet made an announcement on facebook or anything.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM

I am only five weeks. No one will know for awhile.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM

I think everyone knows about mine...he told his mother & then it spread like wildfire...and I'm only 5 weeks along.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 PM

I'm only 5 weeks, so just my husband knows (and the internet, ha). I want to wait to tell the families until after my first appointment, or ideally after the NT screen. I hate the attention and scrutiny pregnant women get, so I'd love to put that off.

One of the managers at work asked if I was pregnant last month (when I wasn't) and enough people heard about that incident that I think I'll be able to get away with not telling anyone there for awhile. I'm kind of wondering how long I can go without telling work.

Mama to DD (March 2008) and expecting another breastfed, cloth-diapered little one in Feb 2010.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Haven't told many people...besides the internet.

DH knows of course and he is over the moon.

My midwife knows so I can get added to her calender before she stops taking clients due in that month.

My chiropractor knows because I am undergoing therapy for an injury I sustained in Feb. and I needed to make sure we were safe with them.

I told 2 friends that I KNEW would be excited and supportive one IRL and the other I messaged her over the internet...she is an old friend and we no longer live local to each other.

We told our oldest DC last night (DS21 and his wife and DD19). we will wait to tell the littles (dd9,dd5 and dd2) until we are ready for everyone to know for obvious reasons.

Because I am so "old" and this is our 6th baby and our DD is expecting....I don't expect lots of positive comments. pair that with the fact that I have a history of early losses (four of them) mostly between 7 and 9 weeks. and we are waiting a bit to tell others.

Blessings
Lori

Lori T. DH Joey Momma to...DS21, DDIL19, DD19 (EDD11-22-10), DD9, DD5, DD2 & another Blessing EDD 2-13-11
Old 06-27-2010, 01:03 AM

My best friend knows and some online people know. And my daughter, who has managed to keep quiet about it. We want the marriage thing to sink in before we tell people. So we'll do that after the u/s... which is scheduled for the 23rd. It seems so far away!

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 06-27-2010, 10:50 AM

Dh knows, the internet know, LOL, and 3 of my friends IRL... My children don't know yet, neither does my family. They will know soon enough!

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by understars View Post
I am holding off as well, a few I told told me that they were sorry I was pregnant. I know I am unmarried and 18 years old, but shouldn't it be at least somewhat happy, if not happy?

I told My boyfriend, hes supportive but confused.
My best friend says she is sorry and my grandma gave me horror stories of child rearing, and hinted at abortion (she took that back thankfully and told me I would be a good mom).
I told 2 coworkers because I was stressed, they were supportive and neutral.
OH, I told my college Fin. Aid person, everything is being worked out! THAT took so much stress off.

10ish weeks or so I will tell the parents (mine and his), after we move out.

Lueah 6/10 and Gwen 9/10
trying for 2 after college before I am 27! I Chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=guthu
Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthu View Post
I am holding off as well, a few I told told me that they were sorry I was pregnant. I know I am unmarried and 18 years old, but shouldn't it be at least somewhat happy, if not happy?

I am sorry you are dealing with this. Babies are a good thing but they are also a lot of work and lifechanging. Your friends and family are probably just worried about you because they love you.

My first was a honeymoon baby. We were young and just married and hadn't planned on kids for years. I got pregnant and found out too late to have an abortion. My friends were not supportive and I had a job, a savings account and was married. They were just worried about me and it came out harsh (I wasn't happy about it either but it still hurt, so I understand your pain).

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthu View Post

I told My boyfriend, hes supportive but confused.
My best friend says she is sorry and my grandma gave me horror stories of child rearing, and hinted at abortion (she took that back thankfully and told me I would be a good mom).
I told 2 coworkers because I was stressed, they were supportive and neutral.
OH, I told my college Fin. Aid person, everything is being worked out! THAT took so much stress off.

10ish weeks or so I will tell the parents (mine and his), after we move out.

What a tough situation. My sister in law is single, diabetic and pregnant. Her parents were so sad for her and angry that she had made her life so much more difficult. All they ever wanted for her was to be happy and successful and they definitely see this as a road block. Because my SIL is in such bad health this pregnancy could kill her which adds a further dimension of stress and worry to the equation. Now that the dust has settled and everyone has finally accepted the pregnancy, her parents (and her brother and I) are still not happy that she got pregnant but we are SO EXCITED about the baby and can't wait to welcome her into our family. I think sometimes people are angry and sad about situations but they still love you and your new little baby regardless.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
What a tough situation. My sister in law is single, diabetic and pregnant. Her parents were so sad for her and angry that she had made her life so much more difficult. All they ever wanted for her was to be happy and successful and they definitely see this as a road block. Because my SIL is in such bad health this pregnancy could kill her which adds a further dimension of stress and worry to the equation. Now that the dust has settled and everyone has finally accepted the pregnancy, her parents (and her brother and I) are still not happy that she got pregnant but we are SO EXCITED about the baby and can't wait to welcome her into our family. I think sometimes people are angry and sad about situations but they still love you and your new little baby regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl View Post
I am sorry you are dealing with this. Babies are a good thing but they are also a lot of work and lifechanging. Your friends and family are probably just worried about you because they love you.

My first was a honeymoon baby. We were young and just married and hadn't planned on kids for years. I got pregnant and found out too late to have an abortion. My friends were not supportive and I had a job, a savings account and was married. They were just worried about me and it came out harsh (I wasn't happy about it either but it still hurt, so I understand your pain).
Yeah, I know it will be stressful but they are stressing me out more, it is not helping, I was stressed before they helped. I have helped raise some babies and children in my life, I know what I am about to face.
I decided to ditch a lot of commercial ideas and things for this to reduce stresses.
All things work out somehow in the end, hopefully for the best.

Lueah 6/10 and Gwen 9/10
trying for 2 after college before I am 27! I Chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=guthu
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM

I am 7w 6d and only told a few friends and just told fiances parents and sister this weekend since we saw them and rarely do. We just had a m/c in April so kinda keeping things secret for a little longer. Probably will tell soon but it's getting obvious by my expanding middle.

User Tag List