~*~*WEEKLY CHIT CHAT*~*~ June 27-July3 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 06-29-2010, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, DD left for Texas with my mom on Sunday. In the day and a half she was here, mom took us to Kohl's and bought me a pair of maternity pants I can wear to work and a new pair of sandals. DD also got new shoes. She also brought with her the cloth diaper stash, maya wrap, and kozy carrier I'd lent her to use with my baby brother and sister (now 3 and 2), along with 2 bassinets (one the kind on a stand, one more of a moses basket), a bouncy seat, and the baby bathtub I'd given her. DD will be returning with hand-me-downs and a carseat, too.

A friend who had a baby 2 months ago gave me her maternity clothes, so I'm pretty well set in that department. We just need to replace the cieling fan in DD's room with a regular light and put in a twin/full bunk bed so that I have a place to sleep with the baby.

Morning sickness has started for me, mostly with vague nausea and a hyper sense of smell. I'm skipping my morning coffee today, hopefully it helps and I don't just get a headache on top of it.

Oh, and I found an NMD who will take me for a homebirth! I really like her, too. Have my first appointment scheduled for July 26.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#32 of 47 Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ravin, congrats on finding someone for your homebirth. That's great.

I'm so tired and gross feeling right now. I feel like I want to stick my finger down my throat to feel better, which I know I won't....

I so want to go to bed but since DH is 100% useless at bedtimes I have to get the boys bathed and ready. Then I'll start the nursing fight with my toothy toddler who will try to slap me if I unlatch him. uggggggggggggggggg

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#33 of 47 Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 PM

wow my boobs are so sore I couldn't even imagine trying to nurse right now. Do they not get so sore if you are already lactating or something? I can't see how else that would work!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#34 of 47 Old 06-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Mine don't hurt at all. With my last pregnancy I kept getting negative pregnancy tests but my breasts were killing me so I knew I was pregnant. I'm still nursing so maybe that is it?

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#35 of 47 Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post
wow my boobs are so sore I couldn't even imagine trying to nurse right now. Do they not get so sore if you are already lactating or something? I can't see how else that would work!
My nipples have been sore since ovulation, but now it's downright painful. either i have no milk or just more hormones but my whole boob hurts when he nurses. and he'll be nursing and I keep picturing my breast as an empty juice box and I cringe....

my son only took one failed swipe at me when I unlatched him earlier.
he's about to be 2, so pretty much every interaction spawns a tantrum.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#36 of 47 Old 06-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
DS is a little mixed up - we're getting a new daycare child next week, and he's pretty sure that she's the new baby.

My breasts feel normal. If I didn't feel so tired and sick every night, I"d be concerned.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#37 of 47 Old 06-30-2010, 11:08 AM

My breasts were fine at first but now its driving me NUTS to nurse. If it wasn't that it gives my baby girl (am I allowed to call her that, shes 18 months old, so in my eyes still very much a baby) such comfort Id consider weaning her.

Im soo happy, DH was suppose to be gone for 6 weeks but it looks like he might be back next week instead of the middle of July!! Im so happy, I miss my hubby so much and i want him home. I know I shouldn't complain cause so many women have it so much worse than I do but honestly I miss my hubby!

Oh and I officially love my SIL, I always know I did but I def know now. Shes getting married (Im so happy for her!) but shes told her fiancee he has to wait until at least April cause she knows I wouldn't want to fly pregnant with two children and she wants us there. She confided to me she knows how uncomfortable I am pregnant and wants me to enjoy her wedding. Don't I have an awesome SIL?

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#38 of 47 Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Oh and I officially love my SIL, I always know I did but I def know now. Shes getting married (Im so happy for her!) but shes told her fiancee he has to wait until at least April cause she knows I wouldn't want to fly pregnant with two children and she wants us there. She confided to me she knows how uncomfortable I am pregnant and wants me to enjoy her wedding. Don't I have an awesome SIL?
Aww, she does sound great! How sweet

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#39 of 47 Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 PM

boob - tekkingirl and others - yes my boobs are sore! i am not nursing, since this is my first, but I am wearing sports bras and tank-top-bras most of the time. And I think they have grown. Maybe I'll stop by Target or some other not expensive place soon to tie me over, I'm sure they'll keep growing.

Telling people - We have only told a few people. I am 9 weeks now - next week we go in for our 2nd apt and hope to hear the heartbeat. We are then going to tell our parents and siblings - just the fact that miscarriage risk is higher earlier on is making us feel like we should wait a bit. I am so looking forward to asking my mom all sorts of questions though, even though for her it was 30 years ago! It is aslo tough not to tell other people - maybe we'll wait for results from that 1st trimester blood screen (I am not high risk for anything, but still....). Also, I am lucky, I have been only mildy funny-tummy feeling and tired, so I don't have to deal with hiding real morning sickness. I feel for all of you who do/are!

SAHM - yeah, i never thought this is what I would want to do. But as I have watched my friends have kids in the past couple years I am so excited and it feels so good to finally really be on the way. It also feels like such a conflict to all the "you can do anything" and "girls are just as good at science" and "you make your own career to" messages that I've gotten growing up in New England. It will all work out : )

Happy week everyone!
#40 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 AM

Im happy today, it looks like my DH might be coming home next Friday, which cuts his trip in half! Im feeling horrible so it Im praying it happens instead of it being extended. The girls are being a handful so I could really use his help.

What are you all doing for 4th of July? Im not planning on doing anything other than go to church for the first hour and come home. Ill probably keep the girls inside most of the day because DD1 seeing other children with their dads is going to make her have a complete tantrum. Shes 3 1/2 but she can have doozes when she wants to. She misses her Daddy and isn't happy hes gone (up to the day before hand we didn't know if he was leaving or not they kept on going back and forth).

Anyone elses's house a complete disaster? I can't seem to get anything accomplished and when I do I turn around for a minute and the girls have destroyed it.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#41 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Had my first prenatal yesterday. Wow, that really made it feel real. Went really well - not that they did anything exciting. Just got a pelvic exam (my uterus is growing "like it should"), talked to the insurance lady (does anyone else's dr/midwife do that? I love that they have someone in house that explains stuff too you!) and had my first u/s scheduled.

Usually my doc doesn't do one until 18 weeks, but I mentioned I was feeling anxious this time around and she said she'd send me next week so I could see the heartbeat. Woo Hoo! You have no idea how happy I am about that. It's scheduled for next Wednesday - when I'll be 8 weeks exactly.

Busy, busy weekend planned. Heading to the beach this morning with my cousin and our little ones, then a wedding rehearsal tonight (I'm singing) then a wedding and a funeral tomorrow. Sunday will be church and then a BBQ. I think I shall plan to sleep all day on Monday!!

OkiMom - Yeah, my house is a cyclone. Like, a health hazard. And I don't even care. So happy your hubby gets to come home early! Business trip?

Debbie - When did you have your bloodwork done? I know that with my 1st pregnancy I didn't even hear the results - I think they really only call you if something is wrong. Maybe you could call the office to check?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#42 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Im happy today, it looks like my DH might be coming home next Friday, which cuts his trip in half! Im feeling horrible so it Im praying it happens instead of it being extended. The girls are being a handful so I could really use his help.

Anyone elses's house a complete disaster? I can't seem to get anything accomplished and when I do I turn around for a minute and the girls have destroyed it.
Congrats on hubby coming home, what a relief!

My house is a disaster too and people keep wanting to come over! We haven't told our friends yet so its hard to come up with an excuse for them not to.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#43 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM

I told my boss today, we live in a relatively "small town" and next week we have a big party to go to.. B. will be there and sharing the news and some of those people are people we work with, so we wanted to head it off and make sure we told the boss first before news spread otherwise... DH has to tell his boss and then I guess we'll go ahead and spread the news via facebook. :P

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#44 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 02:00 PM

My house is semi-straight but needs to be dusted/vacuumed/bathrooms cleaned. DH has been wonderful about picking up after the kids. I try throughout the day, but they are very good at wrecking the house

I'm having the hardest time changing poopy diapers lately. I've switched to disposables until DD poops (then switch back to cloth) so that I can avoid having to wash out a diaper. Seriously can't handle that right now. I'm so thankful for the 3-day weekend coming up...DH has been so great about everything

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#45 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM

My house is also in serious need of cleaning which I am slowly doing now.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#46 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
My house is semi-straight but needs to be dusted/vacuumed/bathrooms cleaned. DH has been wonderful about picking up after the kids. I try throughout the day, but they are very good at wrecking the house

I'm having the hardest time changing poopy diapers lately. I've switched to disposables until DD poops (then switch back to cloth) so that I can avoid having to wash out a diaper. Seriously can't handle that right now. I'm so thankful for the 3-day weekend coming up...DH has been so great about everything
I'm doing the exact same thing with my twins. They're very predictable in their bathroom habits and it keeps me from gagging while I scrape poop from the cloth diapers. Normal it doesn't phase me, but this past week I can't handle the smell at all.

In other news, we're telling my parents about the pregnancy tonight. DH and I are taking the twins to the beach for the weekend and inviting my parents to join us. I can't wait to tell them!

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#47 of 47 Old 07-02-2010, 08:47 PM

Momma_molly, My husband is a Marine. Several times a year hes unit goes to other countries and help trains their military in non-lethal measures. Currently hes in Mongolia, in Feb he was in Thailand, in September hes going to Guam to train some American units. He might have to go to the Phillipines as well. Hes a busy guy but he enjoys it (all but being away from us, he doesn't like leaving me and the girls). Its one of the reasons that Im excited to be moving back to the states, Id rather do a 7-8 month deployment (Marine deployments are shorter than the Armys) than having him show up at home one day "Hey Im leaving for three to six weeks tomorrow, can you help me pack". Short trips are killing the kids right about now since by the time they adjust to him being gone hes back and by the time they adjust to that hes getting ready to leave again.

Im glad its not only my house. I think Im going to use this weekend to clean up the house at least enough where I don't cringe when someone walks by our sliding glass windows and look inside (or maybe I should make curtains.. nah, can't find a curtain rod big enough over here to hang them).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page