~*~*WEEKLY CHIT CHAT*~*~ June 27-July3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2010, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting the new thread!

Hope everyone has a great week. I can't believe July 4th is next weekend, crazy! The summer is flying by....

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 11:46 AM

The summer is flying by and I am SO behind in my class! ack! It is hard to get the motivation when all I want to do is sleep, lol.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 PM

Don't remind me about 4th of July. DH is going to be gone so Im going to have to deal with the hurt looks his girls get when they see other children with their Daddys but the girls dad isn't there. They get really upset about it.

However, I can't wait for the 9th to come! THats when DH is scheduled to return woohoo. Lets all pray it happens, if it does it will be 3 weeks earlier than he was suppose to be

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 06-27-2010, 12:14 PM

We go on vacation this weekend and I am starting to really feel anxious. It's starting to sink in how difficult it's going to be to be on a cruise ship sick as a dog with 5 kids! We are going with a bunch of other people also; my in-laws, 2 nieces, my nephew, and 3 sets of our close friends. 20 in all. I will have tons of help. One of our friends actually said to me while we were planning the cruise "Now don't go screw things up & get pregnant before the cruise!" Little did she know we had been trying for 8 months! Oh well, I'll figure out how to deal. I just keep thinking if we didn't try this cycle we would have missed it! I'm so glad we didn't!
My u/s is Thursday and I am excited to see a healthy heartbeat! I'm sure it will come quick because I'll be spending my week packing, which will be so much harder sick.

I hope everyone is managing ok this week!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM

I must be pregnant because I almost forgot about 4th of July until you ladies reminded me! I'm excited for the 4th because it's the day before my first prenatal w/my home birth midwife - we should get to hear the heart beat.

It's really hot and humid here which is awful but I imagine we'll BBQ or something on the 4th, we're visiting family in WI mid July which will be more the family get together since our families don't live near us.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 06-27-2010, 01:22 PM

It's Canada Day on the 1st - which is Thursday. I'm really looking forward to it - I'm taking Friday off too. We're going to a friend's party on the 1st and then heading to my parents cottage for the weekend. It'll be fun!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:06 PM

I don't know anything about Canada Day, what is the history of it?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:14 PM

ooo ooo bittersweet news! the last independent scrapbook store in my area is going out of business! so sad to be losing the store but today everything is 75% off. Baby scrapbooking here I come!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:45 PM

This week is going to be busy - my mom and brother and 1 of my sisters are flying in on Tuesday from cross country, and I have to go pick them up at the airport about 2 hours away - then my other sis is flying in on Thursday or Friday (I should go check lol!) and I hae to pick her up from the airport an hour the opposite direction! Then mom, brother and sister are leaving on Sunday the 4th, and other sis is leaving on teh 5th... so lots of driving. And DD's 2nd birthday is on Saturday (the reason they are flying in), so it's going to be craziness! Plus, if past pregnancies are any tell, the m/s will be hitting this week... so yikes. I got bad m/s with DD, even worse with the last pregnancy, so I'm hoping it won't be even worse this time...

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-27-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoallh View Post
We go on vacation this weekend and I am starting to really feel anxious. It's starting to sink in how difficult it's going to be to be on a cruise ship sick as a dog with 5 kids! We are going with a bunch of other people also; my in-laws, 2 nieces, my nephew, and 3 sets of our close friends. 20 in all. I will have tons of help. One of our friends actually said to me while we were planning the cruise "Now don't go screw things up & get pregnant before the cruise!" Little did she know we had been trying for 8 months! Oh well, I'll figure out how to deal. I just keep thinking if we didn't try this cycle we would have missed it! I'm so glad we didn't!
My u/s is Thursday and I am excited to see a healthy heartbeat! I'm sure it will come quick because I'll be spending my week packing, which will be so much harder sick.

I hope everyone is managing ok this week!
I so know what you mean! When we decided to ttc, if we got preggo on first try it would have worked out that i'd have a 4 month old when we go on our big family Disney trip. Now because of when I got pregnant i'm going to be like 34 weeks! and then fly back at 36 weeks! aahh. It's not that I planned it that way, but I didn't want to take the month off in case it was "our month" to get preggo...and obviously, it was!!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 06-27-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
I don't know anything about Canada Day, what is the history of it?
Canada Day is the anniversary of the day that Queen Victoria granted us our independance in 1867. It's basically the same thing as the 4th of July, except with less blue. We still have fireworks, flags and the day off.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Canada Day is the anniversary of the day that Queen Victoria granted us our independance in 1867. It's basically the same thing as the 4th of July, except with less blue. We still have fireworks, flags and the day off.
Cool, glad we all get to have a little fun in July. Did Canada fight for Independence or was Queen Victoria nice about it? I feel so silly knowing so little about our giant neighbor the North!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Cool, glad we all get to have a little fun in July. Did Canada fight for Independence or was Queen Victoria nice about it? I feel so silly knowing so little about our giant neighbor the North!
Nope, we're Canadian. We went and asked politely.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 PM

Had a meltdown this afternoon, I'm doing okay now. I never fully expected that finding a careprovider would be this difficult. I'm not willing to put my family into debt for a homebirth when our insurance would cover a hospital birth, and yet I'm struggling to find a hospital to birth in! I don't want an OB because I'm scared that it's going to mean an easy way for another c-section and yet I'm having a hard time finding a CNM that is "allowed" to take me on. Ugh. I told DH that maybe we'll just find an OB for prenatal care and we'll have a baby in the bathtub at home.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 06-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Had a meltdown this afternoon, I'm doing okay now. I never fully expected that finding a careprovider would be this difficult. I'm not willing to put my family into debt for a homebirth when our insurance would cover a hospital birth, and yet I'm struggling to find a hospital to birth in! I don't want an OB because I'm scared that it's going to mean an easy way for another c-section and yet I'm having a hard time finding a CNM that is "allowed" to take me on. Ugh. I told DH that maybe we'll just find an OB for prenatal care and we'll have a baby in the bathtub at home.
Sorry you're having a hard time finding a provider. What was the reason for your c-section? Is it something that's likely to happen again?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 06-27-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Sorry you're having a hard time finding a provider. What was the reason for your c-section? Is it something that's likely to happen again?
I don't think so, but there's really no telling. It was a positioning problem (ROT) coupled with the "out of time" OB mentality. B. never got past +1 station. I figure if it comes down to it I'll go see our family doctor until I figure out where I'm going to deliver. It's just terribly unfortunate that women have to put forth so much work/energy/money to find someone/somewhere they feel safe birthing.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Nope, we're Canadian. We went and asked politely.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I don't think so, but there's really no telling. It was a positioning problem (ROT) coupled with the "out of time" OB mentality. B. never got past +1 station. I figure if it comes down to it I'll go see our family doctor until I figure out where I'm going to deliver. It's just terribly unfortunate that women have to put forth so much work/energy/money to find someone/somewhere they feel safe birthing.
Ya know, it really just depends on the OB...mine was pretty great. Just be super up-front about what you expect and what is and isn't ok. You might find somebody great!

Amy - I went on a cruise at 18 weeks pg with my DD - and it was awesome! Of course, I was past the sickies, but there is so much to do and you'll be so busy that you (hopefully!) won't even have time to think about it! Where are you guys going!

Hi all!! I just totally hijacked your thread! Hoping maybe I could butt in for some chit chat? I've deserted my BCC birth board in favor of some more like-minded mamas (that would be you gals!).

I'm Molly, 26, Mom to one spunky, active 28 month old daughter (also a Feb baby!) and #2 due 2/16 and wife to my DH of almost 5 years. We live in Maryland and I'm currently working part-time outiside the home and counting the days until I can quit and be a full time SAHM. Never thought that's what I would want, but now it's ALL I want.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 AM

I'm taking my kids to the 4th of July parade for the first time this year. I'm pretty excited about it!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post

Amy - I went on a cruise at 18 weeks pg with my DD - and it was awesome! Of course, I was past the sickies, but there is so much to do and you'll be so busy that you (hopefully!) won't even have time to think about it! Where are you guys going!

Hi all!! I just totally hijacked your thread! Hoping maybe I could butt in for some chit chat? I've deserted my BCC birth board in favor of some more like-minded mamas (that would be you gals!).

I'm Molly, 26, Mom to one spunky, active 28 month old daughter (also a Feb baby!) and #2 due 2/16 and wife to my DH of almost 5 years. We live in Maryland and I'm currently working part-time outiside the home and counting the days until I can quit and be a full time SAHM. Never thought that's what I would want, but now it's ALL I want.
Hi Molly! We took a cruise to Alaska 2 summers ago when I was 20 something weeks with ds and I agree it was awesome. But I was not sick. This time we are cruising Florida & the Bahamas. Not my first choice, but the huge perk is we leave out of New York so we are taking a bus from home to the pier the morning we leave. No flying sick with 5 kids is great! I keep telling myself that the movement of the boat will cancel out the sickness!
Oh and Yeah for being a sahm soon! I think it's the best job in the world!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 PM

So is anyone else having to resist the urge to pull all the baby stuff out? I keep thinking I could just haul it all upstairs and see what I kept... I know we passed a lot of on or got rid of a bunch due to moving multiple times.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So is anyone else having to resist the urge to pull all the baby stuff out? I keep thinking I could just haul it all upstairs and see what I kept... I know we passed a lot of on or got rid of a bunch due to moving multiple times.
I cleaned out the closet where the baby's stuff will go. In there are the cloth diapers I've been saving/buying. I love looking at them.

I haven't gone through the clothes yet, they are in the attic. I will once it's not as hot but when I'm still small enough to get up there. And then I'll hang them up. I'm not sure if we're going to do a nursery for the baby, since he'll sleep with us for a year at least anyways.

My maternity clothes have been taken out of storage - my summer stuff is in the closet and my winter stuff is in the crawl space behind our closet.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 06-28-2010, 11:57 PM

I have been collecting all the free baby stuff folks around here are getting rid of. This baby is on a budget, LOL! I gave away everything to ease dh's mind that we were done with baby #2. I knew all along we would have a third baby and have to get all new stuff. Women's intuition. Someone gave me a bag of cloth diapers and g diapers. So that will help a lot. Does anyone know if you can use a g diaper as a diaper cover instead of buying the disposable part? That's what I was thinking of doing.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post
Does anyone know if you can use a g diaper as a diaper cover instead of buying the disposable part? That's what I was thinking of doing.
Totally! I used them with just a plain ole' prefold as an insert - although they do sell cloth inserts specifically for g diapers that I've heard are super absorbent and worth the money.

I haven't gotten anything out for baby yet! I'll probably wait until the fall to really get into it. We're still not sure where we're going to put this little bambino - if it's a girl, it'll bunk with our DD, if it's a boy, he'll get the guest room. BUT, we're team green, so we have to wait to February! S/he will be with us for at least the first year anyway, so we've got plenty of time.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 AM

I overhauled my closet the other day when I had a spurt of energy. I remember from the last times I was pg, waking up one morning and not being able to fit into anything...so I drug out a size bigger of everything I have in storage so I can at least have something to wear when I go out clothes hunting.

Otherwise...feeling very much in love with all soft horizontal surfaces. I think I've got a girl in there. I wasn't sick with my boy, was very ill with my girl. Classifying my experience of the last week that doesn't look to let up as "very ill." Ugh.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 AM

Im bad, I bought two cute onesies already. They were on sale and my daughter pointed them out and asked if she could get them for the baby. Whats a mom to say to that? Of course I had to point out that those were boy clothes so if we had a girl she wouldn't be able to wear them (my DH is very much into boys clothes for boys, girls clothes for girls). One of them has dogs all over it and the other dinosaurs.

Other than that my symptoms keep coming and going. One morning I wake up throwing up the next I wake up almost normal just really tired. Its driving me crazy.!

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 06-29-2010, 05:19 AM

DD has taken to telling me there is a baby in my tummy. And yesterday she said there was one in hers. I don't know if I should let her out of the house lest she blow the secret before our u/s on the 23rd.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:21 AM

Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 AM

Wow, you're brave, we haven't told DD yet. She would TOTALLY blow it. She's a chatterbox and goes to my mom's 2x a week while I work. I'm SO excited to get to tell her, though. Sounds silly, because she's only 2, but my cousin is pregnant right now and she loves to touch her belly and talk about the "baby in her belly". She is obsessed with babies, so I think she's going to like the idea of a new baby that's all hers.

So do you guys wait to tell until you hear the hb? My first appt. is this Thursday, so the earliest I would hear it is 4 weeks from then and my *next* appt, I'd be 11 weeks. That seems like such a long time to wait! Especially we see either my family or his practically every day. We all go to church together, so we can't do any selective telling, it's got to be everyone or no one. We have terrible secret-keepers in our family. LOL

I'm having classic "morning" sickness, but it usually subsides by the afternoon. And SO tired. I have no problem conking out mid-day for a shared nap with DD, but I can NOT fall asleep at night. It's so annoying. I'm thinking of skipping a nap today and seeing if I sleep any better at night. Or maybe just taking a shorter nap?

Anyone reading any good books? I just picked up "Homebirth in the Hospital" at the library yesterday and I'm already halfway through it - it's fantastic (and a very easy read). I'm reading Spiritual Midwifery too, I'm through the birth stories and muddling through the "to the parents" section. Good stuff.

Whew, I'm long winded this morning. Hope you all have a great day!!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM

No, I've told everyone already.

I'm giggling about your classic morning sickness - mine seems to be the opposite. I'm at my best in the morning, and it goes downhill so that I can hardly eat any dinner, and feel sick and tired and go to bed!

DS is a little mixed up - we're getting a new daycare child next week, and he's pretty sure that she's the new baby.

User Tag List