~*~*WEEKLY CHIT CHAT*~*~ July 4th - July 10th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm right there with you.
I think most of my insecurity is because we don't have insurance this time around so I am not seeing an OB. With my other pregnancies I could call in anytime and come in for a heartbeat check...anything to put my mind at ease. This time I don't have that. I'll be seeing a homebirth midwife but not until 12w. I'm 8w4d now so it's still quite a wait!

I keep waiting for my belly to start doing SOMETHING so I can know the baby is growing nicely...but so far my belly is no different.

I had a u/s last week and saw the little bean and heartbeat. I thought I would feel so much better afterwards but I guess not!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#32 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM

thankful, it's the same here. my insurance will not kick in til Aug!

Mom to K and R

#33 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombrooklyn View Post
We went to a party last night because my DH was being honored and I told his friend who was drunk and rambling, "finish your story or i'm going to puke on you" and he said "why? are you drunk?" of course I said "no, i'm pregnant!" I couldn't help it, it slipped!
He asks how far and I say 2 months (just easier the dealing with the week thing sometimes) and he says "well, that's not a sure thing"!
What a totally awful thing to say!! s It never ceases to amaze me how rude and inconsiderate people can be.

I'm sure everything is fine. I think it's pretty natural to worry - even if you have had an u/s. I'm just trying to keep busy and not dwell on the negative. I picked up some non-birth related novels to get into and I'm going to do some sewing this week. Before you know it, we'll all be in the 2nd trimester feeling these babies somersault in our tummies! Can't wait!

Vera - Feel better! Peppermint tea sounds yummy!! I'm loving lemon right now. Oh, and now I'm totally pro waiting on u/s - I'll never have another early one. Now I'm just on track to more just to ease my mind. On one hand, I'm happy to at least be able to acknowledge the baby that never will be, but the selfish part of me just wishes I never knew. Ignorance is bliss.

Family reunion tomorrow, so people are trickling in. I have 7 sisters, 4 still at home and 3 married, plus my aunts and uncles and their kids. Should be fun!!

Speaking of which, I called to get the date for my follow-up u/s yesterday and now I'm SO confused. So, at the u/s on Wed. the tech told me the babe with the hb measured 7+4 and the babe without measured 7+1. My dr. told me that the tech told *her* the babe with measured 7+1 and the babe without measured 6+2!! What? I questioned it because I *know* what she told me. Heck, I watched her measure them! The dr. said that she probably went back and re-measured after I left? Can they even do that? The whole thing is bizarre to me. So of course it just makes me more anxious to know for sure if it's going to be 1 or 2. I'm geared up for 1, so I'm not disappointed, but I need to know 100%, ya know? It's scheduled for 7/19, so 10 more days.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#34 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM

whoever said that to you "that's not a sure thing" is a UAV and i would have punched him in the face! ugh.

You are pregnant no matter what! I was feeling so much like that (not realllly feeling pregnant just sick and crabby and periodless), but then yesterday I had my U/S and i'm walking on clouds! It was sooooo relieving and great and the baby was ADORABLE. It was literally dancing around in there.

Seriously, i'm still mad that that person said that to you. Even if something happend and you (general you not you-you) lose your baby along the way, you were still pregnant and it was still your baby! kwim? What a jerk! Wait, can I say jerk? I mean...UAV!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#35 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 PM

I agree with the pp's about "sure thing" statement - horrible thing to say.

ps...what does UAV stand for?

(Thanks! LOL...I couldn't figure it out!)

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#36 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
ps...what does UAV stand for?
UAV = User Agreement Violation; we agree to no name-calling, so calling someone a UAV is the way around it

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#37 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 PM

ah, thanks girls!!

DH just said that the guy was a little on the drunk side and his comment was completely insensitive and had his wife been there she probably would have slapped him

And good to know what a UAV is!

Mom to K and R

#38 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombrooklyn View Post
i am so not good at the weekly chit chat but i have to pop in once in a while.

Does anyone else still not feel confident in their pregnancy? I haven't felt like this is a healthy pregnancy from the get go and I don't know why. just can't shake the feeling.

We went to a party last night because my DH was being honored and I told his friend who was drunk and rambling, "finish your story or i'm going to puke on you" and he said "why? are you drunk?" of course I said "no, i'm pregnant!" I couldn't help it, it slipped!
He asks how far and I say 2 months (just easier the dealing with the week thing sometimes) and he says "well, that's not a sure thing"!

Comments like that make me feel even more disheartened about this pregnancy. I laughed it off but obviously it bothered me if I'm taking the time to type it out! LOL.

So what are you doing to keep yourself calm in this time before first appts and u/s's?
I just feel like there's nothing going on down there. I'm somewhat sick but that is no comfort to me because I was very sick after having my m/c and had no spotting or anything. It was gone for months before I even knew and had to have a d&c.
Got any reassurance?
With my son i used the mantra "if my belly is growing the baby is growing" but it feels to early for that (7 wk 1 d).
I worry about this too, but I tell myself that there's nothing I can do about it either way, that this is where I'm supposed to be right now, believing I'm pregnant, feeling (a little bit) like I'm pregnant. It's a big lesson in surrender for me, and I suck at it.

I have another week to wait before I go in to hopefully hear a hb via doppler at my first prenatal appointment, and it seems like forever away. I WILL feel more settled about it once I have confirmation that my uterus is growing and there is someone in there, alive. I find myself trying not to get too attached to the idea of another person joining our family quite yet...but at the same time I've had this sense of peace about this baby coming since I had a feeling a during the cycle I got pregnant that the beginning of the end of an era was coming (life with just my two kids). Idk. And I hate the wait, but I can't do anything about it. There's nothing we can do when the babies are on the inside but hope and wait. I prefer to put my energy toward being centered and staying more positive than negative, . if the loss is coming, it's coming whether I enjoy this time right now or not. ANd what a shame, if things end up working out, that I didn't enjoy this time right now, that I wasted so much energy worrying, yk?

I scold and shame and bully myself out of negative thought patterns and worrying, basically.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#39 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 PM

uuuugh om, I am not sure what would fly out of my mouth if someone said that to me!

molly- have fun with your reunion, sounds like a grand old time. sorry about that discrepancy in dates at least with your family reunion some of that time will just fly on by!

I hear ya Tresa, I'm waiting for my appointment on Tuesday to hopefully hear a heartbeat on doppler. I'm not expecting that we will but really praying (I'll only be 8 weeks so it may be just a tad too early) and then I'll feel a lot better about coming out. I think I'm going to go ahead and post something on FB anyway soon, just trying to decide how to do it.

I'm about to try a little salt water irrigation for the first time to help my sinuses and then a spicy bowl of chicken broth before I have to go to my other job tonight. My day gig today was nasty, glad that's over with!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#40 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
I worry about this too, but I tell myself that there's nothing I can do about it either way, that this is where I'm supposed to be right now, believing I'm pregnant, feeling (a little bit) like I'm pregnant. It's a big lesson in surrender for me, and I suck at it.

I have another week to wait before I go in to hopefully hear a hb via doppler at my first prenatal appointment, and it seems like forever away. I WILL feel more settled about it once I have confirmation that my uterus is growing and there is someone in there, alive. I find myself trying not to get too attached to the idea of another person joining our family quite yet...but at the same time I've had this sense of peace about this baby coming since I had a feeling a during the cycle I got pregnant that the beginning of the end of an era was coming (life with just my two kids). Idk. And I hate the wait, but I can't do anything about it. There's nothing we can do when the babies are on the inside but hope and wait. I prefer to put my energy toward being centered and staying more positive than negative, . if the loss is coming, it's coming whether I enjoy this time right now or not. ANd what a shame, if things end up working out, that I didn't enjoy this time right now, that I wasted so much energy worrying, yk?

I scold and shame and bully myself out of negative thought patterns and worrying, basically.
Actually great advice, thank you!
After reading this I went and did a 10 min meditation while DS napped and it really helped calm me.

Mom to K and R

#41 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 PM

I have lost a lot of meals lately! I definately have way worse morning sickness with this baby than with my two previous. Is that an indication of anything? I was thinking it means that I will have a girl. With my 1st, my DD I had to eat constantly to not get sick. DS not bad at all. Even when I eat this time, I start gagging and have to run to the bathroom. Sometimes pretty bad. I have only lost two pounds, so it's not as bad as some posters, but bad for me.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#42 of 48 Old 07-10-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I'm home with DD today as she woke up with a tummy bug early this morning, so both of us are home throwing up today.. What fun. At least I get to sleep I guess.

My house is a disaster and my in-laws are coming (they are full-time missionaries in Guatemala) on Sunday, I'm not ready to have company at this point in time.
Hope you both feel better soon! I can't even imagine having a bug during this ms time. Hope it passes quickly!
#43 of 48 Old 07-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Ugh. Sorry to hear about all the sick moms and kids.

ombrooklyn, that guy was way out of line. I've never had an early ultrasound, and I'm puking all the time, so I'm pretty sure everything is fine with the baby, at least.

I'm so so so much sicker this time than I was last time. I could eat last time. Looking at the garbage didn't make me throw up. I'm making an appt. as soon as DH gets paid next week and I'm going to try Diclectin. This can't go on.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#44 of 48 Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM

Twinklefae, I hope you can get some relief soon. I know exactly how miserable it is. I also have been much worse off this time than with previous pregnancies. I am on zofran now and I feel so much better. Still less energetic and some very very mild nausea, but I can eat, drink, play with the kids, and talk about food now

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#45 of 48 Old 07-11-2010, 05:09 AM

It is 3:12am. I just threw up for the 4th time since 8pm. I peed myself this last time. I have broken blood vessels around my eyes, down my face, across my neck. I look like I've been strangled. I feel awful. I cried because I hate that I peed myself. I'm going to miss church tomorrow from being tired. I was looking forward to it.

BAH!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#46 of 48 Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 AM

oh so sorry for those that are sick

I think there is a trade off however. I've never gotten m/s but EVERY time I get pregnant my immune system CRASHES. Yes, I thought I had a terrible cold and worked through it all on Friday, but come to find myself in bed all day Saturday with bones aching, chills, amongst other discomforts- looks like it could be the flu.

I always try to look on the bright side, I'm giving my child to be wonderful immunity. Having the flu with baby on the inside is much less nerve racking that with the baby on the outside. Last bout was when my 2.5 year old was 3 months old and had I not been completely delirious with fever I'd have worried myself crazy.

Off to gargle more salt water and try another cup o' tea.

Hope ya'll are having a slightly better go of things this morning. I certainly hope that the sickness ends for those that are (we're closing in on that 1st tri ladies!!!) WOOHOO

On a bright note. I had planned for DH and I to go out for our anniversary alone yesterday- needless to say I cancelled (but I'll reschedule again in a couple of weeks) so I went ahead and outed us of FB and I feel relieved! It's so nice to not be 'hiding' anymore. Now I can feel happily fat, not hiding the fat look!

#47 of 48 Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 PM

echospriritwarrior- Sending you immune boosting vibes and a wish that you recover quickly.

Last night after I posted here I started dry heaving constantly. So finally I broke down around 5am and took 2 benadryl. It worked! So wonderful! Of course, it knocked me out as well but that was fine. I'd highly recommend for those having bad bouts of the sickness ("Come on, come on, get down with the sickness, you mother get up, come on get down with the sickness!" ) who are also needing to sleep.

So you really think this will go away at 12-13 weeks? Friends and my pregnancy journal are telling me not until 16-18 weeks...it doesn't really matter how it goes, whatever it takes to make a healthy baby...but I'd sure love to be able to put a date on my calendar!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#48 of 48 Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM

Oh that just sounds horrible Jenne I'm so glad the benadryl worked though!

I thought that m/s ended around the end of the first tri, but I've never had it, I'm just blessed to get sick ALL THE TIME with whatever nasty bug is in circulation. (Having a cough in labor and especially during recovery is NOT cool- thankfully that was only once so far)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page