~*~*WEEKLY CHIT CHAT*~*~ July 4th - July 10th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another week another thread. We are getting closer and closer ladies!

So Independence Day now has new meaning for me as it brought independence from nausea! I am still exhausted, thirsty and full of heartburn but my constant stomach pain and food aversion has been replaced by hunger!

I got to go watch the Rangers play (and lose) yesterday with the inlaws. The weather was perfect and the fireworks were really fun. I also always enjoy the food at the ballpark, especially the nachos and hot dogs. How was everyone else's 4th?

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#2 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Limeades from Sonic

We had a great 4th of July yesterday but skipped the fireworks in favor of watching them on TV at home. DS was terrified of them last year and since it was late anyway we didn't push the issue.

DH and I test drove a minivan today but it smelled like smoke and shook horribly at 65-70 mph. Oh well...we've got plenty of time to keep looking. Anyone have a minivan and 3 children? How do you have the children arranged? I'm thinking infant in the 2nd row and the 2 older kids in back. But, then I can't pass stuff back to my older ones (drinks, snacks, etc). It would almost be more convenient to have the infant sitting with DS(4 years) in the 2nd row and DD(will be 2 years) in the 3rd row, but then I wouldn't want her to be lonely...she's use to sitting right next to DS.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#3 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 PM

Our 4th of July was staying at home with a sick belly and not eating any yummy 4th foods. Oh well....we did walk down the street on Saturday night to see a few fireworks with DD but after about 5 minutes she said she was ready to go home and I was pretty happy about that. We stayed in last night and watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" which was pretty cute. That's about it, though. Now I must return to laying around in an exhausted, achy, queasy stupor... anyone else dreaming about the second trimester yet? :P

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#4 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 06:29 PM

DH fixed our air conditioning in the car today! I can't even begin to say how excited that makes me. We spend roughly 2 hours driving everyday, I'm so excited to have a working air conditioner again.

Feeling queasy and yucky as well, I'd like to sleep it off....

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#5 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 06:45 PM

I've decided I'm probably still pregnant, cause no cramping or bleeding...though my nausea has stayed away. Counting blessings, right? I'm off greasy and spicy food, maybe there's a connection.

While my kids were gone with their dad for a long weekend this past weekend, df and I got a lot done...we nested together! He moves in in a few weeks, so there was lots of closet cleaning, storage sorting, cleaned the garage...took two carloads (very full carloads, took the carseats out of the car and crammed it full) to goodwill and have bags of stuff to pass along to friends. Dug out boxes of diapers, blankets, burp rags, nursing pads, baby carriers, etc. Three huge boxes, really? And made room in the kids room for baby clothes in a few drawers. Fiance is stunned and a little worried about how much STUFF babies use (well, babies the way I raise them, cloth diapers, cloth everything, really, does take up a lot of space, I'd forgotten), and I told him we haven't even started in on the bouncy seats, infant seat, swing, cosleeper or crib, etc. Baby steps, though, right?

I have a nice full chest again! And tmi? During sex the other day, I felt my uterus. Big, bulky thing in my lower tummy getting shifted around. Forgotten what that felt like. Kinda ruined things for me at the time.

We talked about names the last night when a storm knocked out the power for a couple hours. Got a couple ideas for the middle name to go with the first name we have picked out already and looked for names we could give baby while it's on the inside (for prying family and friends who won't give up asking, mostly). Thinking we coule be inappropriate and give reference to the city baby was concieved in (Lawrence, Dallas), the booze we drank that night (Boone, Jaegar...we didn't, but, ya know), go for the overcompensation route and be uber masculine (Ace, Blade), or something awkward sounding (Derwin). Hope I don't step on any toes by naming names in a less than positive light. We're being total brats about this faux name picking thing. Having fun though.

And...I am wearing all my cutest skinny clothes before I have to bid them farewell. I'm guessing another couple weeks at best. Anything that's not super low rise in pants is gone. Shirts that fit my much smaller chest are on the chopping block. Gap Maternity here had 30%off everything in the store today, I scored a couple sleeveless tops. Getting used to looking so round. I like it! But usually, I'm like Olive Oyl.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#6 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 PM

Had a great weekend - lots of fun at my Canada Party and then off to PEI to my parent's cottage for the weekend.

Still feeling like crap. None of my clothes fit. It's awful. And I'm so so tired. And whiny.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#7 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm, maybe not all of my food aversions are gone but I was able to do the dishes and open the refrigerator today without gagging.

Tresa I think your and your DFs name options are hilarious, I will have to mention it to the husbandit. So far the people in our lives who know I am pregnant haven't been very talkative about it which Ia m glad about, hopefully it will stay that way.

#8 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 PM

so I have a name picked out for a girl. it's a unisex name but I would never use it for a guy. Even though a guy on the SF Giants has the name, and an upcoming new male hip hop artist. Anyways my mom calls me today and pleaded with me to reconsider the name. She started to say he would blah blah blah. Then I had to stop her in her tracks. Mom, that name is for our girl, if we have one, not our boy. Then she says it won't go with my other kids names. My other kids names don't go with eachother! One is classic 1800's and the other modern american. I am not telling anyone else any name ideas. Why must people give opinions. The only reason my mom thinks my kids names go together is because they are who they are. Kids grow into their names. Siblings names go together because they are siblings. They are referred to in a set, right! Anyways the name isn't set in stone, but it is the only name DH and I agree on so far. We have lots of time, I know.

AFM today I feel like I have risen from the couch. I barely had morning sickness and my energy is way up. I'm really glad I didn't stay up to go see fireworks. I was almost worried something was up w baby, but then I realized I should enjoy the break from being sluggish and sick. Anybody else starting to feel more like themselves? I hope it lasts!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#9 of 48 Old 07-05-2010, 11:06 PM

trekkingirl, you need a fake name to give to nosey people. If I even started to entertain a convo about names with anyone in our families...I'm too sensitive to do it, I know. And I have some pushy people in my family. Would be a train wreck.

Speaking of train wreck, anyone catch the wretched post-breakup interview with Jake and Vienna tonight? Oy.

#10 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Before I got pregnant the husbandit and I were talking about possible names and when I mentioned one name that I really liked my mother's husband ridiculed me until I nearly cried, my mother had to make him stop. He is normally a really mild mannered guy and it just came out of the blue. I just don't get why anyone would go out of there way to make someone feel so bad or why anyone would feel so strongly about what name I give my child.

#11 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 AM

I don't usually tell people our names til the baby is here - less arguing that way!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#12 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 AM

We don't even mention names we are considering. I refuse to invite unwanted remarks about names we like. I have found once the kid is here, and it has the name, no one says anything as they are so enamored with the new baby!

DH is having mild panic attacks everyday about having four kids. He is already stressing about where to put the kid. We won't have to worry about that for three years. I feel badly for him... our house is a small one level three bedroom rancher. But I refuse to go bigger! We CAN make it work. We really have no choice! LOL

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#13 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 10:44 AM

All the negative reactions about baby names sounds familiar. I suggest you follow Twinklefae's advice and just keep your baby names to yourself until baby is here! If you tell people, you always get the "Oh, I used to know this awful kid down the street who picked his boogers and peed his pants when I was growing up and that was his name!" or whatever. It's ridiculous. With DD, we kept the name to ourselves until she was born and that way people just gave us "the look" of disapproval but didn't say too much about it. With this baby, I've let the picked out name slip to a few people and I'm not too happy about the slip up! Gah! I must have been distracted...

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#14 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl View Post
DH is having mild panic attacks everyday about having four kids. He is already stressing about where to put the kid. We won't have to worry about that for three years. I feel badly for him... our house is a small one level three bedroom rancher. But I refuse to go bigger! We CAN make it work. We really have no choice! LOL

They go outside...when they're noisy.

#15 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 PM

We spent the weekend in upstate NH. The drive was kind of brutal, but we go the same place everywhere so happy that we got to keep up the tradition for the kids sake. They have an old fashioned celebration which I LOVE, the kids spend enough time in our high-tech world! They have things like an egg toss, pie eating contest, potato sack races, bbq, fireworks, live music, face painting, relay races, etc. The girls loved it and I think this is the last year that I'll be able to dress them up in super cute red, white, and blue dresses. They are getting so grown up and starting to have their own fashion opinions.

Oh, and I think we have a boys name and girls name picked out (although both are different names from the names we had two weeks ago that we were sure about...roflol...I wonder how many times we will have "for sure" names picked out). For now the baby is nicknamed Roo.
#16 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 12:38 PM

We didn't mention names with DS, cause he was nameless anyways for an hour or so after birth... This time we really know our names and shared them, but the families have been nice enough to not say anything.
the nausea still stinks, vitamin water keeps me alive, and whatever I drink needs to be really cold. The midwife prescribed me something for the really bad days (I even vomited water up last weekend). I hope this nausea passes as quickly as it appeared! DS seems to notice, he is really gentle with me and keeps dragging the cat to my feet and gestures to me that I should cuddle him and the kitty. I think he knows cuddling makes me feel better, so cute.
#17 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 12:45 PM

We've been throwing names out at random over the past few years, but we haven't sat down and discussed names since actually getting to the point where we need one.

With DD we picked out two names, a boys name and a girls name and we didn't tell anyone names until DH came out and announced that our dd had arrived- complete with her name.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#18 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post
the nausea still stinks, vitamin water keeps me alive, and whatever I drink needs to be really cold.
Yes over the last week or so I can't seem to get drinks cold enough. I have two chipped teeth and so rarely ever put ice in anything but now I fill the glass to the top first with ice and then add water. So weird.

#19 of 48 Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 PM

I've been MIA, such a busy weekend.

Nausea and exhaustion are seriously kicking my butt, but I'm not complaining. Let's me know baby's doing okay in there!

Names are all set on our end - Charlotte Grace for a girl (getting a little popular, but I still love it!) and William Oren for a boy (both of our grandfathers names). I always share names on our birth board, but not IRL. I think it's fun to keep it a secret and no one can criticize the name of a baby that's already here.

I have my first u/s tomorrow!! I'm so excited to see this little bean. We still haven't told anyone but I'm thinking DD might figure it out after tomorrow. Or at least say something to give it away. Especially since we're getting together for a family bbq tomorrow afternoon right afterwards. We shall see. Still haven't made her "Big Sister" tshirt that I planned to make.

Sorry, this was all me! Personals next time, now I'm headed to bed.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#20 of 48 Old 07-07-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post
I always share names on our birth board, but not IRL. I think it's fun to keep it a secret and no one can criticize the name of a baby that's already here.
We're the opposite. I don't let other people's opinions get to me. It's not their baby. But I choose uncommon names and I tend to jealously guard them from other pregnant women. It's not so bad if they aren't due around you... But who wants a DDC where every other woman with a baby of the same gender chooses the same name? (This, of course, would never happen due to taste but STILL)

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#21 of 48 Old 07-08-2010, 01:43 PM

So.... u/s yesterday was super confusing. We immediately found the babe with a nice heart beat (woo hoo!) and then she found a 2nd babe (talk about a shock!) measuring a couple days smaller than the 1st w/o a heartbeat. So, baby 1 was at 7+4 and baby 2 was at 7+1, which she said wasn't totally uncommon with twins.

I know it's probably pretty unlikely that the 2nd twin is actually viable after not seeing a hb, but it's going to KILL me to wait 2 weeks until my next u/s. We were planning on telling all our family about the pregnancy this weekend, but now with this unknown hanging out there, I want to wait until we know for sure.

Twins totally explains why I'm SO much sicker (is that a word?) this time than I was with DD.

I'm anxious. And sad. And happy that I got to see one heartbeat. *sigh*

Now I'm going to actively try to occupy my mind and just try to relax. What will be will be.

Since we're talking names....

Random confession: Sometimes I visit the babycenter name board just so I can chuckle at the crazy names. Best one today: A combination of her father and his father's name. The best part? The mother notes that they got the idea from "Twilight".

#22 of 48 Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM

I'm home with DD today as she woke up with a tummy bug early this morning, so both of us are home throwing up today.. What fun. At least I get to sleep I guess.

My house is a disaster and my in-laws are coming (they are full-time missionaries in Guatemala) on Sunday, I'm not ready to have company at this point in time.

#23 of 48 Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post
Random confession: Sometimes I visit the babycenter name board just so I can chuckle at the crazy names. Best one today: A combination of her father and his father's name. The best part? The mother notes that they got the idea from "Twilight".
They have a maternity shirt that says Renesme on cafepress. I about died. I remember when I read that book I was so upset at the name beacause I knew teenage moms everywhere were going to inflict that name upon their innocent babies.

#24 of 48 Old 07-08-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I'm home with DD today as she woke up with a tummy bug early this morning, so both of us are home throwing up today.. What fun. At least I get to sleep I guess.

My house is a disaster and my in-laws are coming (they are full-time missionaries in Guatemala) on Sunday, I'm not ready to have company at this point in time.
I had a horrible dream last night that my God Daughter was staying at our house and had a stomach bug and threw up on everything I owned, including my computer, my pillow and my dogs. Hope your day is going better than my dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post
They have a maternity shirt that says Renesme on cafepress. I about died. I remember when I read that book I was so upset at the name beacause I knew teenage moms everywhere were going to inflict that name upon their innocent babies.
Oh lord I hadn't thought of that but I bet you are right.

#25 of 48 Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post
Oh, I TOTALLY thought of that. From the moment they named that child, the book turned to crap. Just saying.

Yuck! Sorry about the stomach bug - that's the worst. At least you have company?

#26 of 48 Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Molly - and that must be stressful. I hate waiting. Hate it. I get so stressed out.

Also, I have no idea about anything twilight related. I think I'm too old.

Is anyone resting a doppler? I wish I could rent one locally for a few weeks...I'm starting to freak out, I need reassurance.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#27 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Also, I have no idea about anything twilight related. I think I'm too old.

Is anyone resting a doppler? I wish I could rent one locally for a few weeks...I'm starting to freak out, I need reassurance.
Ugh, I'm too old for twilight but it didn't stop my older friends from making me read it. It wasn't bad. I would have liked it better if I wasn't reading Anne Rice at 12, kwim?

I thought about renting one, but they are pricey. You can get a fetoscope for only $16 and they work at around 16 weeks I think? I'll have to see if I can find the link... DH says it'll just make me worry if I suck at finding the heartbeat though, so he doesn't recommend getting one.

#28 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 AM

well hi again everyone. I haven't been chatty, but as I am up in the middle of the night I thought I'd pop in.

Isn't pregnancy amnesia funny? Knock on wood I've never had morning sickness BUT oh my goodness does my immune system crash when pregnant, so I'm sick with my first (of many no doubt) pregnancy bugs. So I'm up sniffling, sneezing and sipping on a hot cup of peppermint tea to try to open up my sinuses to be able to breath enough to go back to sleep.

Molly I'm so sorry about that u/s sometimes I feel pretty happy to leave things be until much later. Apparently vanishing twin is much more common than previously realized (I guess partly due to improved technology). I couldn't help but feel sad even if I was blessed with a perfectly healthy happy baby still left in utero you know.

So sorry about the sickies lyterae hope they pass for you both quickly!

Michelle, I'll join you on the clueless on Twilight club

Bri, I'm with your hubby. It would be fun to have a fetoscope, but I'm just too obsessive. I don't know though, for $16 I might strongly consider one!

Well I'm down to the end of my tea, so I hope I can fall asleep quickly since I have to leave the house in a mere four hours for work tomorrow.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#29 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 AM

I hope you feel better soon. I think there should be some magic rule that mothers can't get sick. Ever. With anything. But bosses can't know about it.... Otherwise all those working mothers would lose the sick days they use for kid things and extra vacation.

#30 of 48 Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 AM

i am so not good at the weekly chit chat but i have to pop in once in a while.

Does anyone else still not feel confident in their pregnancy? I haven't felt like this is a healthy pregnancy from the get go and I don't know why. just can't shake the feeling.

We went to a party last night because my DH was being honored and I told his friend who was drunk and rambling, "finish your story or i'm going to puke on you" and he said "why? are you drunk?" of course I said "no, i'm pregnant!" I couldn't help it, it slipped!
He asks how far and I say 2 months (just easier the dealing with the week thing sometimes) and he says "well, that's not a sure thing"!

Comments like that make me feel even more disheartened about this pregnancy. I laughed it off but obviously it bothered me if I'm taking the time to type it out! LOL.

So what are you doing to keep yourself calm in this time before first appts and u/s's?
I just feel like there's nothing going on down there. I'm somewhat sick but that is no comfort to me because I was very sick after having my m/c and had no spotting or anything. It was gone for months before I even knew and had to have a d&c.
Got any reassurance?
With my son i used the mantra "if my belly is growing the baby is growing" but it feels to early for that (7 wk 1 d).

Mom to K and R

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page