Sudden painful cramping with no spotting/bleeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got hit with pretty intense cramping and it's still going on. I keep checking for spotting, but nothing. I've only had cramping with m/c, so I'm pretty freaked out. Could anything else be going on?

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hmmm, i've had some pretty intense cramping today as well. But laying down, drinking h2o and snacking has helped.
idk if there is anything wrong or not. the best i can think to do is relax and take it easy!

I hope you feel better soon and the cramps ease up!

Mom to K and R

Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Where is the cramping?

I've had some sharp cervix stabbing pains and some RPL pains that can get pretty intense... which are normal BTW.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Michelle, it's completely uterine and concentrated in just that area. It feels exactly like the very beginning of my m/c, except it hasn't escalated to full on contractions.

I'm going to my MW tomorrow to get a herbal tincture called "carry on.".

Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 PM

I had some pretty intense cramping around 6-7 weeks and it turns out it was from a very swollen ovary. My left ovary had swollen as a result of all the new hormones. It has returned to it's normal size (at around 9 weeks) and I haven't had much cramping since. Maybe that could be the problem for you too. If you have an ultrasound ask them to check for that.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:16 PM

You could try some crampbark or black haw tincture or infusion to stop the cramps. Is this about the time you miscarried? Sometimes our bodies remember and repeat. Take some time to relax and go inside yourself. Check out your uterus and ovaries by visualizing or feeling.
You could go get it checked out by a doc.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family4Christ View Post
Michelle, it's completely uterine and concentrated in just that area. It feels exactly like the very beginning of my m/c, except it hasn't escalated to full on contractions.

I'm going to my MW tomorrow to get a herbal tincture called "carry on.".
I hope it's just nothing but cramping and everything is fine.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

My last m/c was at 9 weeks and I'm 7 today.

The tincture I'm getting has black haw, wild yam and false unicorn, but I can't get it until tomorrow morning. I sure wish I could get it now. I'm really concerned, as I've never had cramping in a successful pregnancy. I sure hope everything is ok.

Thanks, Michelle!

Old 07-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Can you go in for an ultrasound? It might be good to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. I hope everything is okay. I'll be praying for you

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 PM

You might try adding Vitex (or Caste berry) to your tincture. It'll just steady your hormones in case the cramping is due to a drop in progesterone. Wild yam is great for cramps so hopefully that does the trick.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:39 PM

I hope it's nothing....but maybe you might consider "timing" them? I know when I had my m/c there was no bleeding until i basically had bloody show and then lost the baby...I had had hours and hours of regular cramping though that kept getting closer and closer together and got to the point of not being able to talk or move during them.

I'm sending positive wishes your way and thinking of you! Hugs!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Can you go in for an ultrasound? It might be good to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. I hope everything is okay. I'll be praying for you
Thank you!

I'll go for an u/s if I have to, but my OB is a long way from here and between gas and the copay, it's expensive.

Quote:
You might try adding Vitex (or Caste berry) to your tincture. It'll just steady your hormones in case the cramping is due to a drop in progesterone. Wild yam is great for cramps so hopefully that does the trick.
I have vitex in capsules. I'm not making the tincture, but I'm buying the ready-made stuff. Can I take the vitex along with it and if so, how much should I take?

Quote:
I hope it's nothing....but maybe you might consider "timing" them? I know when I had my m/c there was no bleeding until i basically had bloody show and then lost the baby...I had had hours and hours of regular cramping though that kept getting closer and closer together and got to the point of not being able to talk or move during them.

I'm sending positive wishes your way and thinking of you! Hugs!
Thanks! Well, they are pretty much all the time and not contracting in that sense. It feels like period cramps, more or less. When I had my 9w m/c, it started out like this, but then went to contractions within about 5 minutes, so I know exactly what you mean. I'm pay close attention to them and I will definitely take notice if they become such that I can time them.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:21 PM

((((HUGS))) I pray that it's not a miscarriage but just your uterus stretching and such.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family4Christ View Post
I have vitex in capsules. I'm not making the tincture, but I'm buying the ready-made stuff. Can I take the vitex along with it and if so, how much should I take?
Yes you can take the capsules, I take Vitex and Wild Yam daily and haven't had any negative side-effects. I'm taking 400mg of Vitex daily until 12 weeks. My naturopath doesn't recommend taking more than 500mg daily. This is the first time I've taken Vitex while pregnant and it seems to have made a big difference. I've had less spotting and I'm already further along than I have ever been. My fingers are crossed for you that everything turns out ok.

User Tag List