Post Your Intelligender Results Here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Post your Intelligender results here! http://www.intelligender.com

The Intelligender company says that the results for home use are 80% accurate, and that girl results are slightly more accurate than boy results. That means that 4 out of 5 of us should get an accurate result. Let's see what happens!

Post here when you get your Intelligender results, and post again when you find out the baby's sex (at u/s or at birth.)

korey
Intelligender says ; Baby is a
Intelligender was right!

homemademom
Intelligender was right!

Jenne
Intelligender was wrong!

Milly_P
Intelligender was right!

LSUtwinMama
Intelligender was right!

ombrooklyn
Intelligender was right!

nia82
Intelligender was wrong!

jacobsgirl03
Intelligender was right!

echospiritwarrior

Intelligender was wrong!

cate.dt
Intelligender says ; Baby is a ___

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#2 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 PM

I'm going to take it...have to wait 5 more days! :-)
#3 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM

Sunday will be the day... I bought it at Walgreens... Their claims are a little weird, cause it says as early as 6 weeks, but then in the fine print it says as early as 6 weeks into your pregnancy, aka 10 weeks.... The color scale looks a whole lot like testing for PH... I have some litmus tests leftover and will for fun test with the same sample to see if it's basically a PH test or more....
#4 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 02:17 PM

Yeah, just to warn you it is labeled as "for entertainment purposes only" and I'm sure it's 50/50 like anything else! I'm not going to do it because i dont' have any money to waste LOL. But I did do the chinses gender predictor and that says i'm having a girl. Last time it was right on my ds.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#5 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM

I bought it for fun, and evil me, to prove it wrong The Chinese thingie depends on the website - some said girl, some said boy for DS... They seem to operate on different calendars - which one was right for you?
#6 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post
I bought it for fun, and evil me, to prove it wrong The Chinese thingie depends on the website - some said girl, some said boy for DS... They seem to operate on different calendars - which one was right for you?
I think they are same it's just that what you are supposed to do is calculate your age PLUS 9 months because in Chinese your "birth day" includes your time inside your mother...so really since you were conceived. And i think some of teh websites just compensate for it so the person doesn't have to do the math or something LOL.

#7 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 02:49 PM

All the Chinese websites I visited asked for 'Mother's age at conception'.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#8 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
All the Chinese websites I visited asked for 'Mother's age at conception'.
Yes but that age in Chinese years is your age PLUS 9 months.

#9 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM

see here is the explanation...it is called the mother's LUNAR age:

"To use the Chinese prediction chart accurately you just need to know the mother's age at conception and the month of your baby's conception. These dates need to come from the Chinese Lunar Calendar and not the Gregorian calendar used in most of the rest of the world.

So, how do you figure out these dates on the Chinese Lunar Calendar to use it effectively as one of your baby gender predictors? Well to start with, the mother-to-be's age will start not at her birth date (as in the west) but at the date of her own conception. So you add 9 months to her age to begin with."

#10 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM

DDCC-

FWIW even doing the my age +9... it tells me my DD is a boy and my DS is a girl.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#11 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, cate.dt and nia82! I'm so glad you'll be able to tell us your results in a few days! It will be a lot of fun to compare the Intelligender results to the actual babies in 7 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Yeah, just to warn you it is labeled as "for entertainment purposes only" and I'm sure it's 50/50 like anything else! I'm not going to do it because i dont' have any money to waste LOL.
It's actually not labeled that way, although they do caution you not to get attached to the test result. The company told us today that the results for home use are 80% accurate, and that girl results are slightly more accurate than boy results.

I can understand someone not wanting to take it, but I don't consider it a waste of money at all. We had a lot of fun with it!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#12 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM

I wanna see some girls coming out of these tests (and u/s)!!!!

My last DDC like 70% of the group had boys! it was like the yr. of boys last yr.
This yr. I would really like a girl. It's my last shot. So maybe this will be the yr. when all the girls come out???

Mom to K and R

#13 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombrooklyn View Post
I wanna see some girls coming out of these tests (and u/s)!!!!

My last DDC like 70% of the group had boys! it was like the yr. of boys last yr.
This yr. I would really like a girl. It's my last shot. So maybe this will be the yr. when all the girls come out???
I hope you get your girl.

I have a strong feeling our bean is a boy. I have my twin girls and would love a little boy. Since this is our last baby, I really hope it's true.

I may break down and try an intelligender test at 10 wks... I didn't try one with my twins because I thought the test would freak out if I had B/G twins. lol

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#14 of 118 Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Intelligender was incorrect for me. I was very careful to follow directions (at week 12 btw), didn't have sex for 48 hours before taking the test, used the first morning urine, and spun the cup--didn't shake it then left it alone for ten minutes. It said boy but two separate ultrasounds at week twenty and twenty one show clearly defined labia.
#15 of 118 Old 07-07-2010, 01:20 AM

I think it actually does just test your ph balance. I want to do it. Just for fun. Is it expensive? I did the cabbage test last time. It was wrong.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#16 of 118 Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 AM

I did mine this morning and it said boy. I also uses a pH test trip on the same specimen and it was basic, the same color as the boy color. I'm pretty sure this thing is nothing more than a fancy pH test! We shall see!
#17 of 118 Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yay, nia82! I was going to check in with you and cate.dt this week!

So are you happy with the boy result, nia82? And may I ask, where did you get your litmus tests from?

I looked all over for litmus paper and can't find it anywhere! I remember using that stuff in grade school, and I swear it was a lot easier to procure back then!

The only PH stuff I've been able to find is (don't laugh) for pool testing and pond testing. (Okay, you can laugh, because I've been using them! Turns out my bladder is very hostile environment for koi. )

Anyway, my urine has been consistently acidic, and my Intelligender result was girl. MY SIL is 8 months pregnant with a boy, so I'm going to ask her to pee on one of the pond test strips (lol) and see if it comes up as a base. I'll let you know!

Even if Intelligender is a glorified PH test, I still had fun with it!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#18 of 118 Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Oh it was defnietely fun, but I doubted its reliability from the get-go, I just don't see the science behind it.....
We don't mind either gender, DH woudl like to have a girl too, but in the end, it doesn't matter!

My MD sister gave me those litmus tests 2 years ago. She actually gave them to me to test the pH of the vaginal discharge once a week towards end of pregnancy to detect a potential infection (it should be acidic, basic indicates infection). Oh and I used them to test the pH of the fluid that leaked when my water had broken to ensure it's amniotic fluid (it is super basic, and yese, it was my waters!), cause the obgyn insisted I must leak pee A reason not to see an ob ever again!

Urine sticks have a pH test strip area as well and I've seen them online in the US. She got me those as well since I get sneaky UTIs that don't show symptoms til it's full blown, so I test every other week or so.
#19 of 118 Old 07-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Acupuncturist: GIRL

Chinese Gender Predictor: GIRL

Intelligender (today): BOY

Dh doesn't believe any of them He thinks we are not having a boy or a girl! I think it is a girl but we'll see in a few more weeks.

I do think the intelligender was a waste of money. The little insert said it was 80% accurate...
Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#20 of 118 Old 07-17-2010, 06:54 PM

Just took the intelligender today and it is a boy The Chinese calendar also says boy. I don't care what we have (we already have two of each gender).

Oh, regarding Intelligender, I almost missed the instruction to immediately replace the little sticker on top of the hole after putting your urine in. Did anyone else overlook or almost overlook that?

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#21 of 118 Old 07-17-2010, 11:00 PM

@ hoemademom: I put it back on, but with a little delay since the syringe was hard to push and I created a little mess....
The Chinese thing, I finally figured it out, was right with DS, but this time it says girl, contrary to Intelligender.... We shall see...
#22 of 118 Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 AM

I think it will be neat to see how accurate these tests turn out to be. I can't justify that cost right now but it would be fun. I did do the chinese predictor here and I'm thrilled that it says boy! I wonder if this will agree with your intelligender results?

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#23 of 118 Old 07-18-2010, 07:16 PM

I'm 11 weeks today and took it this morning. I was planning to take it earlier, but I ended up having to take a business trip. The test says.....BOY! I'm not sure I believe that it's accurate, but it was a lot of fun!
#24 of 118 Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM

I have two good friends who invested in the intelligender, the only people I know personally who purchased it, and it was wrong for both of them. I think I will save my pennies.

We have two little boys and are hoping for a girl, as this is our last. We shall wait and see....

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#25 of 118 Old 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,
I put together a little "roll call" on the first post so we can see just how accurate Intelligender is for our DDC!

I was shocked by how many people got boy results! I know there's only 5 of us so far, but I'm the only one who got a girl result! FWIW, the company told us that it's more common to get a false boy result than a false girl result. I don't know if that's good or bad or neutral news for the rest of you ladies, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

If you already posted your Intelligender results, then post again when you find out the baby's sex (at u/s or at birth) and we'll see just how trustworthy the test is!

Everyone in the February DDC is welcome to play in our little field test!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#26 of 118 Old 07-19-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm not sure I want to know the sex, but for some reason I almost want to try this. Besides I saw they carry it at Target and it would be sooo easy to pick it up lol. It's not like it's a sure thing or anything, just for fun.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#27 of 118 Old 07-25-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

So...I have a little update! We had our NT scan on Thursday and, of course, we had the sonographer make her guess on the baby's sex!

She spent a good 10 minutes looking at the baby from all angles and, in the end, she said that her best guess was GIRL! And DP asked her if she actually saw the "three lines" that indicate labia and she said that she did. Of course, it's not definitive until the 20 week scan, but she told is that she's only been wrong 3 times in her whole career.

So now Intelligender says GIRL, the sonographer says GIRL, and mother's intuition says GIRL. We shall see!

I don't know what we're going to do if this baby turns out to be a boy because our families have already started buying us girl clothes. We keep reminding everyone to keep their receipts!

So...anyone else take Intelligender yet???

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#28 of 118 Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 PM

After mentioning the Intelligender kits to DH, he agreed it would be a fun idea and picked one up the other day to surprise me (along with some mint chocolate chip ice cream I'd been craving and a pot of Gerber Daisies- my favorites... he's such a romantic guy) lol

I plan to take it this Wednesday and will update here with the results... Can y'all sprinkle some boy baby dust my way? My twins girls need a little brother.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#29 of 118 Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

LSUtwinMama!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#30 of 118 Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Congrats on your pregnancies ladies!!!

I used inteligender when pregnant with Lilah, it said she was a boy even though I did everything right. It also exploded in my kitchen, and took the finish off my kitchen table. The makers of "Inteligender" had to pay over $600 to have my table refinished by a local company. Be careful, if one of my kids had been closer it could have put out their eye, or burned their skin or anything.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page