would you get a vaccine while pg? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 07-11-2010, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wouldn't get it. During flu season (well fall thur spring actually) I take vit c, fish oil & vit d & wash hands well, I kept a bottle of hand sanitizer by the door and we cleaned hands as soon as we stepped inside. My ds had th H1N1 but it was mild, I didn't get it at all, I was taking care of him.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had H1N1, so has my hubby and both my girls, so Im not getting it. I was offered both the H1N1 and the regular flu vaccine when I was at the clinic the other day and I declined both. I get sick every time I get a flu shot so Im def not doing it while pregnant.

Honestly, we only got H1N1 because an acquaintance from my hubby's work came over while sick and passed it to us. If I had known he was sick I would have said he couldn't come over (he didn't tell any of us) since I avoid having sick people around the girls. We don't do public school, daycares or anything of the like so the opportunity for the girls to catch it (and thus me to catch it) is limited. I just practice good hand washing and a good diet and let my immune system do the rest.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page