**WEEKLY CHAT**July11th - July 17th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another week has gone by mamas!!!! We are getting closer.

Any big plans for this week? Appointments? Birthday parties?

I have a midterm tomorrow, wish me luck!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 PM

good luck on your mid-term I'm sure you'll do fabulous! What class are you taking?

I'll be nursing the myself back to health from flu-like symptoms

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 07-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Good luck on your midterm!

We are back home this week after spending a week in our hometown, about 2 hrs away from here. Mostly we spent the time at dh's parents place but 2 nights we camped in a provincial park just outside of town. It was great, the kids loved it but boy was it HOT! We had a nice shady campsite though, very close to washrooms with full running water

I'm still feeling exhausted and nauseous alllll the time, can't wait for that to be over with! My kids have actually been really great about it, especially considering they don't know about the baby yet. Today I was walking around the house gagging as I was tidying up & making lunch & dh ordered me to go lie down in bed & took over. I went to bed and started crying, I'm just so frustrated with not being able to do much. My beautiful 5 yr old ds brought me a box of kleenex, gave me a hug, brought me my bowl of pasta and ran some cold water on a facecloth & put it on my forehead. He is the most awesome kid ever

Today is the last day of dh's vacation, tomorrow it's back to just me looking after the kids & the house.. well, lets be honest, I put every ounce of energy I have into the kids, the housework is definitely suffering but i don't care! Actually my MIL is coming over tomorrow, bringing lunch, watching the kids while dh & i go to my first m/w appt, making dinner then coming to watch ds play soccer. She, too, is awesome

Reaaaaalllly looking forward to hearing a h/b @ the m/w tomorrow!!!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:21 PM

Good luck on your midterm!!

echo - hope you feel better soon! take good care of yourself!

Amanda - you've raised such a sweet little boy! It's moments like that when it seems so worth all the hard times of parenting.

I'm 10 weeks today!! Hoping to make it 6 more weeks before telling anyone! I have a big week at work this week. I work part time, it averages out to 15 hrs/week but sometimes it is 50 hours a week and sometimes 2 hours a week. This week is going to be a long one, and I might be asked to take a short business trip...will have to ask MFM or OB about that so I'll be prepared if I'm asked. Not sure how flying would/could affect the baby. The girls have soccer camp which they are excited about. I have an interior decorator coming on Monday night...still undecided if it's worth it to hire someone when I could do it myself, but have so much going on right now I figure it's worth at least getting the consult and considering it.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:58 PM

echo - I hope you feel better soon!

Amanda - I know exactly what you mean, I feel useless at this point in time.

I screwed up my back throwing up today... I'm not sure what I messed up but I've got pretty much constant pain on my right side now. I think I'm going to have to make a quick trip to the chiro tomorrow morning before work.

The in-laws should be here today,with my husbands help we have the house clean and orderly again. All that is left is to sweep the kitchen and finish some yardwork.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 PM

nintendork- Goodluck on your midterm!

Feel better, echo! It always seems worse when you're sick and it's so hot outside... summer "bugs" suck.

Ugh lately I wish I could just throw up and feel better already... but instead I just feel queasy all day.

My follow-up OB visit is on Wednesday! I went 2 weeks ago thinking I was 6w1d (based on LMP, no clue when I O'd since I had an IUD in place at the time). Baby's sac measured 5w exactly so they asked me to come back 2 weeks later to check for hb. these have been LONG 2 weeks...

Our secret is pretty much out, DH can't keep his mouth shut at all. *finger crossed* that everything is ok with the baby since EVERYONE knows at this point.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

My midterm is in a class called "The Social and Emotional Aspects of the Gifted and Talented". It has been a very enlightening class.

Hope you get well soon echo!

Cujo you are a stronger woman than I to camp in the heat; glad your kids had a good time. Your little boy sounds gifted to me, what a compassionate little spirit.

Congrats on 10wks Cate! I will finally hit that milestone on Tuesday. When would you have to travel for work?

Ouch Lyterae, glad you can get in to the chiro tomorrow. A clean house the est feeling in the world isn't it? My husband cleaned up yesterday because we had friends coming over and I am loving sitting in the living room looking at the uncluttered floors.

Twinmama, my fingers are crossed for your Wednesday appt, although I think everything is going to go great!

AFM, I am still struggling with nausea and headaches in the middle of the day. I have hardly left my house over the last few weeks, I bet I will look like Golem by the end of the first tri.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 PM

nintendork - good luck on your midterm!

LSUtwinMama - I'm sure your appt. will go great - how does it feel to be 'out'?

lyterae - Sorry about your back. Hopefully it feels better soon.

cate.dt - Flying isn't usually a problem until the 3rd trimester. The changes in air pressure can cause early labour. Plus no one on the plane wants to deliver a baby who came early.

Cujobunny - Welcome home! I know exactly how you feel, I can't do anything either and it's SO frustrating.

echospiritwarrior - Feel better soon!

AFM - I'm making an appt. for tomorrow to go to the clinic for Diclectin. This is really getting ridiculous, I need to be able to function and eat enough for me and a baby, and that's not happening right now.

Also, I'm going to be 9 weeks tomorrow - I love how 'fast' the first trimester feels.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Another week has gone by mamas!!!! We are getting closer.

Any big plans for this week? Appointments? Birthday parties?

I have a midterm tomorrow, wish me luck!
Good luck on your midterm. This week I have an appt with the OB to talk about getting a cerclage. I'm a little nervouse... but it's the only way I'm going to get to 37 so my mw can attend my hb. Otherwise it's another run in the hospital and the nicu. This "weekend" (Thurs/Friday for DH) I am going to try to go wedding dress shopping despite my obvious belly. The LO will be about 7 months old when we have our for show wedding in Aruba next year so shopping will be interesting. My u/s is next monday so I am going to start the countdown... after that we're "coming out" about the baby. It's exciting.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 07-11-2010, 10:53 PM

Hi all! I haven't really been on the Mothering boards since I was pg with DS (he's now 19mos) but I just didn't feel at home anywhere else for a ddc, so i'm back, if you'll have me! I've been hanging out with the hyena girls and diaperswappers --> clothdiapernation.

We weren't really TTC, were going to start in August, but alas... NFP didn't work well for me and here we are BFP which is just fine with me although I couldn't enjoy margaritas or ice cold beer this summer as much as I wouldve liked.

The other thing is that when I was pregnant with Jameson I was constantly shopping and researching and this time... I know everything! Its so odd... I don't need to buy anything or do anything... just grow fatter... and sleep... I wish I could sleep for a week straight and wake up 100% refreshed.

J is still BF'g a few times a day a WOWSERS does that hurt, kind of hoping for baby led weaning/ dry up!

Sorry this is a long rant in response to lots of threads, etc.
I'm glad to be back here!

Lea RN, Wife to Josh (5 years), Mama to DS1 (19 mos)
Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LSUtwinMama, keep us posted on your u/s! I can only imagine how long those two weeks have felt!

nintendork and Twinklefae, I hope you get some relief from your nausea soon. It can be so debilating

Mrs.Music, about "coming out" about the baby. I feel like we're mostly out but we still haven't done the big announcement on FB. Our family, lots of friends, and half the church know, though!

LeaAline, of course we'll have you! The more the merrier

As for me, the zofran is still keeping my nausea in check, so I am able to eat and drink and not be overwhelmingly nauseated. I still don't have much appetite to speak of, though, so it's kind of a chore to find something that sounds good. DH is going to be out of town most of the week and I don't know how I'm going to manage first thing in the morning (before the zofran kicks in). On the other hand, DH has been so wonderful about doing everything that I can't either due to nausea or exhaustion. He picked up the house tonight and it looks so much better. I really start to feel smothered by a messy house. Oh, and I did do one thing productive tonight: I changed the sheets on our bed I'm excited for my u/s on Friday (8w3d)! Is the first trimester over yet???

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 PM

Yay for a new week! Nothing exciting this week...DH has a few extra hours off and I think we are going to try to hang crown molding in the dining room and get the extra boxes moved out of the baby's room.

Worst day for eatting ever--mashed potatoes, carmel popcorn (I did add benefiber to it...), and tombstone pizza. But no nausea surprisingly! We'll see how tonight goes!

Best of luck on your exam, nintendork!
ESW- Hope you are feeling better quickly.
Mrs Music- Good luck dress shopping!
lyterae- I've hurt myself pretty badly-subluxed ribs, torn bladder muscles and such--from throwing up. I'm so sorry! I hope the chiro helps!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 AM

I cried today when I drove up to Olive Garden, all excited about eating lasagne right now, lasagne I didn't have to shop for ingredients for or wreck my kitchen making, and there was a line out the door for seating. I did not stay because I didn't trust myself not to start knocking people out so I could get a table quicker. I'm not showing enough to get a pity bump in the wait line, I suppose. WHATever. Still upset about it.

MrsMusic, we have the same day for our appointments that will out us! A week from Monday for me, too.

I have to remember to listen to my body and rest when it wants rest. I had a two day long headache from hell over the weekend that just let up around noon today after pushing myself too hard on Friday. A wretched backache that turned tension headache that combined with a hormone headache...I begged god to kill me this morning. I took a (one, singular) tylenol at three different times when I couldn't take it anymore, and it made the pain manageable so I could function and eat or just to sleep a few hours, but otherwise...jeesh. I need to remember who's in charge now, and that little babe is quite a tyrant.

I am so frustrated with maternity clothes offerings in the stores. I cannot do regular length and shaped shirts anymore or I show. How weird is that, that I'm in maternity to hide my roundness. Anyway, all I buy is shirts, and I want sleeveless, relatively plain stuff...Old Navy and Motherhood's bra in tanks are way too thin. Who picks fabric that thin, I'd like to know? Don't they know your nipples darken and grow when you're pregnant? And if you nurse at all, your nipples are permanently pointy (mine have never calmed back down, a year plus after my youngest weaned). It's ridiculous, their design. I'm irritated. Target doesn't have much (I'm looking for sleeveless stuff)...I found a couple things at Gap maternity, but unless they're on sale, they're out of my price range. Gripe, gripe, gripe. Trying to find another pair of shoes with good arch support that I like the looks of, too. I can wear one pair of shoes that I own that don't hurt my feet, back, hips, etc. They're earth clogs. I'm mostly worried that they'll wear out and I won't have any backups! They're still in really good shape...it's been a rough weekend for my attempts at consumerism. Off to cry again.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresa View Post
I cried today when I drove up to Olive Garden, all excited about eating lasagne right now, lasagne I didn't have to shop for ingredients for or wreck my kitchen making, and there was a line out the door for seating. I did not stay because I didn't trust myself not to start knocking people out so I could get a table quicker. I'm not showing enough to get a pity bump in the wait line, I suppose. WHATever. Still upset about it.

MrsMusic, we have the same day for our appointments that will out us! A week from Monday for me, too.

I have to remember to listen to my body and rest when it wants rest. I had a two day long headache from hell over the weekend that just let up around noon today after pushing myself too hard on Friday. A wretched backache that turned tension headache that combined with a hormone headache...I begged god to kill me this morning. I took a (one, singular) tylenol at three different times when I couldn't take it anymore, and it made the pain manageable so I could function and eat or just to sleep a few hours, but otherwise...jeesh. I need to remember who's in charge now, and that little babe is quite a tyrant.

I am so frustrated with maternity clothes offerings in the stores. I cannot do regular length and shaped shirts anymore or I show. How weird is that, that I'm in maternity to hide my roundness. Anyway, all I buy is shirts, and I want sleeveless, relatively plain stuff...Old Navy and Motherhood's bra in tanks are way too thin. Who picks fabric that thin, I'd like to know? Don't they know your nipples darken and grow when you're pregnant? And if you nurse at all, your nipples are permanently pointy (mine have never calmed back down, a year plus after my youngest weaned). It's ridiculous, their design. I'm irritated. Target doesn't have much (I'm looking for sleeveless stuff)...I found a couple things at Gap maternity, but unless they're on sale, they're out of my price range. Gripe, gripe, gripe. Trying to find another pair of shoes with good arch support that I like the looks of, too. I can wear one pair of shoes that I own that don't hurt my feet, back, hips, etc. They're earth clogs. I'm mostly worried that they'll wear out and I won't have any backups! They're still in really good shape...it's been a rough weekend for my attempts at consumerism. Off to cry again.
Isn't the u/s just so hard to wait for? Nobody knows I'm pregant so I just can't wait to announce it everywhere. And shock the heck out of everyone.

I have a hard time maternity shopping too. I'm small. And not like freakishly small or anything, but they seem to think that nobody under a size 4(27) is capable of getting pregnant. So I have a heck of a time finding maternity clothes. Try ebay. They have a surprising selection. I bought some size 25 Joe's maternity capris and size 26 Lucky jeans for super cheap. I'm trying to find good summer shoes too... I usually live in flip flops.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 AM

Bri, I can't remember exactly where but it was a used market (CL, ebay, or maybe a forum marketplace) but I got several pair of decent size 2 maternity jeans for cheap.

Tresa, I'm almost crying reading your headache description. That was me last night. I wanted to be a goner if it wasn't gone by this morning. Thank goodness now everything feels like it's on the up and up now that my head isn't aching so. Hopefully I'll feel somewhat back to myself today. I think my DH is completely over being Mr.Dad pretty much around the clock.

Welcome Lea

I'm about to hopefully do my last salt water gargle that I'll need in a LONG while!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM

echospiritwarrior - feel better soon!

Tresa - I've so been there. The worst was when I made Chicken Korma, and I was so looking forward to eating it, and then threw it all up. I cried, I was so mad.

Mrs-Mama, I hope that I've got the nausea under control soon too!

LeaAline - Welcome!

Mrs.Music - Good luck with your cerclage - fingers crossed that baby cooks long enough to get your hb - and avoid the NICU.

It's raining here today, and I've got 6 kids in the trailer. Someone save me!

ETA: I live in my Birkenstocks - dunno what I'm going to do come winter!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Quick check in, we are back from our cruise. No one god sick or hurt (well, except I was sick) and we had some fun so it was successful! I still have our houseguests until tomorrow night and then hopefully things will go back to normal. I fell sick, sick, and sick. I did ok on the ship. I was able to get a nap everyday and I did my best eating. I am 9 wks today and I figure I have about 3 more weeks of this and I should start feeling like me again. Which does not seem possible since I have already been feeling like this for 4 weeks now. UUUGggg! I hope everyone had a good week while I was away!

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 AM

I thought this might be a good place to say hi for the first time. We're preggo with baby #3 and are due, I think, on the 26th of February. I found out we were expecting right after camping in Yellowstone and then coming to vist the inlaws for a few weeks. Though it's hard to be newly pregnant in a different house all the love from family has been a welcome gift as this was a surprise baby. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Oh, and we live near Ogden, UT. I'll have to figure out how to find a good midwife when I get home. We are not telling too many people yet as I had a mc the last time I was expecting.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

ETA: I live in my Birkenstocks - dunno what I'm going to do come winter!
I wear my birk gizeh thongs all summer and my birk-pro clogs all winter! Its great when REALLY preggers too, because you don't have to tie them! Although since DS was born I've bought BOGS and love them and alas they are slip on too for winter and keep me warm, toasty and dry!

Lea RN, Wife to Josh (5 years), Mama to DS1 (19 mos)
Old 07-13-2010, 01:39 AM

Can we talk about boobs?

Mine are heavy, full, gorgeous, getting attention. I have a face, hello!

They come and go in their intensity but their fullness is here to stay. When my hormones surge so do my boobs. I am a little bit astonished/offended by them tonight. And I feel like I want to wear a bra to bed.

There's nothing I can do...surrender, and quit griping because I missed having boobs...I can't find bras I like though. What are you wearing, is it good for more than a week (stretchy, give), how much did you pay for it, where did you get it? No underwire for me, if it matters.

Rethinking the post-babies boobjob I have talked about since they deflated.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Can we talk about boobs?

Mine are heavy, full, gorgeous, getting attention. I have a face, hello!
That's too funny as I'm feeling the same thing. Of course, I do get a good grin on my face when DH is talking to me and I realize that his eyes keep bouncing between me and my boobs. I've always been somewhat small (B cup) so having Cs so early is really exciting for him. He's happy with the old ones but would be fine with the new ones hanging around for a while.

Wife to Nate geek.gif
Mom to Abigail (Feb. 2011)  babygirl.gif

computergeek2.gif
http://takers401.blogspot.com/ 
Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
That's too funny as I'm feeling the same thing. Of course, I do get a good grin on my face when DH is talking to me and I realize that his eyes keep bouncing between me and my boobs. I've always been somewhat small (B cup) so having Cs so early is really exciting for him. He's happy with the old ones but would be fine with the new ones hanging around for a while.
hahaha my DH was just commenting and groping last night Poor guy, it was late and I have my first appointment with my MW this morning which is an hour's drive from here so I had to write him a rain check.

Wish me luck, I'm really hoping to hear the heartbeat today (might be a wee early but I'm feeling positive)!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
hahaha my DH was just commenting and groping last night Poor guy, it was late and I have my first appointment with my MW this morning which is an hour's drive from here so I had to write him a rain check.

Wish me luck, I'm really hoping to hear the heartbeat today (might be a wee early but I'm feeling positive)!
GL!! I really hope you hear a HB!!

hmmm, my cup is not really overflowing I mean they seem a tad fuller but not like with DS. Hope that's not a bad sign. Still early here too tho i guess.

Mom to K and R

Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 AM

I've actually shrunk, since I haven't been eating. But I went last night and got Diclectin, and OMG what a difference! I feel human today! Still a wee bit nauseous, but really, it's nothing in comparison.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 PM

I've shrunk too. I don't even fill out my bra anymore. Between the lack of calories, losing 10 pounds, and stopping nursing altogether, I'm really not surprised. I'm ready for them to come back, though...I've grown accustomed to having decent sized breasts over the past 5 years

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 07-13-2010, 06:22 PM

well no HB but it's still really early. She's got my edd on paper as 15 Feb (from LMP etc.) but everything lined up just PERFECT with the O date of 8 weeks today like I told her
We went ahead and scheduled the next appt for 5 weeks from now when I'll be 13 weeks just to be sure. It was so nice to see her and get well child check-ups for the girls that she attended when they were born. It's sooooo nice to hear such a genuine, loving congratulations! I'm so blessed! She's going to retire from midwifery before too long and I don't know what I would do if we chose to have another after she is retired!?

Oh and I AM feeling my fundus and not my bladder, but that's because I have a forward tilting uterus!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
well no HB but it's still really early. She's got my edd on paper as 15 Feb (from LMP etc.) but everything lined up just PERFECT with the O date of 8 weeks today like I told her
We went ahead and scheduled the next appt for 5 weeks from now when I'll be 13 weeks just to be sure. It was so nice to see her and get well child check-ups for the girls that she attended when they were born. It's sooooo nice to hear such a genuine, loving congratulations! I'm so blessed! She's going to retire from midwifery before too long and I don't know what I would do if we chose to have another after she is retired!?

Oh and I AM feeling my fundus and not my bladder, but that's because I have a forward tilting uterus!
I must have read your post like 10 times before it dawned on me that you were listening for a heartbeat, not looking for one. I was so freaked out that you were so casual about not seeing one at 8 weeks! I'm glad you had a great first appointment with all the bonuses.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Mrs.Music - Good luck with your cerclage - fingers crossed that baby cooks long enough to get your hb - and avoid the NICU.
Thanks.

Quote:
Rethinking the post-babies boobjob I have talked about since they deflated.
Nothing would make me rethink replacing these deflated water balloons... I miss boobies.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 PM

I am finally making my 1st appt this week.

Michele, wife to my soul mate, hero and solider, momma to
K-03/98, B-01/00, D-03/02, M-09/03, TL-12/04, TM-09/06, I-10/08 edd 02/02/11
Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 PM

Rant...

"Mind over matter", "mind over matter", "mind over matter"....if I hear this one more time regarding my morning sickness and nausea, I'm going to SCREAM! Um, if it were mind over matter, I wouldn't have been hooked up to an IV last week due to dehydration, and I certainly would have willed myself to get over it by now. The zofran is helping significantly but I still get (manageable) bouts of nausea and cooking a meal is still out of the question.

Tonight, my MIL told me that I will just have to decide in a couple of weeks to not let the nausea rule me anymore. I tried not to say anything rude, but I did have to slip in the part above about needing IV rehydration. UGH! I understand that if you've never had it this bad that you just can't understand, but goodness gracious, I'm not a faker and don't tell me that I am

End rant.

User Tag List