I had... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 07-16-2010, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, I just had a jar of Kozy Shack chocolate pudding... Dairy stuff for some reason doesn't make me throw up! And don't ask about all that vitamin water I have been drinking... Yikes!
Our local supermarket has a two week special on LaBrea rosemary olive oil bread... I keep stuffing myself with that stuff... It is the other thing that won't revolve on me currently. It's so yummie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 12:11 AM

I can't believe all the posts about panera bread. I have to post my story. They just opened one in my town so I went to check it out. The menu says you can get half a sandwich and a salad, no price. So I ask the cashier how much the half a sandwich and salad costs. $7.29. So I order and my kids each grabbed a choc milk. She charged my card $13 and some change. So I asked her if the two choc milks were six bucks. She says oh no, you ordered this sandwich and salad, not that sandwich and salad. ARE YOU SERIOUS! Why, oh why would she not tell me my total would be more? So I ended up with a sandwich I didn't want and a salad I didn't want and she charged me a second time, assuring me that the first order was voided. I get my greek salad and for some reason they poured pepper all over it! I took one bite and started choking from the pepper. I brought it back and asked for a greek salad without pepper. Low and behold, no kalmata olives. What kind of a greek salad has no kalmata olives. So I look at the menu and it says they are supposed to be in there. At this point I just eat my food unhappily and leave. But that's not the end of the story, oh no! Two days later I look at my online banking and sure enough there is a $13 charge for panera bread followed by a $12 charge for panera bread. They charged me twice. So I called and told the manager what happened. She said I have to bring her my bank statement to prove that I got double charged. So I had to go to my bank for that because I don't have a printer. Drove to the bank for the print out then drove to panera to prove their mistake. At least they didn't put up a fight. They gave me my money back. As an apology they gave my kids each a choc milk. Didn't change my mind, they are by far THE WORST restaurant I have EVER eaten at. Consider yourself lucky if they don't have a location in your area.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#33 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 AM

I am on vacation in Canada and can't eat anything. It all makes me sick. No Tim Hortons! Waaaaaaaah.

I shouldn't read this thread, it is NOT making me hungry!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#34 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 03:27 AM

Trekking girl that sounds terrible, what an experience! They should have given you more than chocolate milk for your trouble.

However, the 3 locations by me are delightful

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#35 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 07:52 AM

I had nachoes for dinner the last two nights. Last night they settled great, tonight not so much.

Tomorrow's dinner, taco rice. Hopefully that settles well.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#36 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
I had nachoes for dinner the last two nights. Last night they settled great, tonight not so much.

Tomorrow's dinner, taco rice. Hopefully that settles well.
Your baby is going to be born with a sombrero lol.

#37 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 PM

I had a bagel this morning too, and I was actually able to keep it down! Woo hoo!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#38 of 41 Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 PM

trekkingirl, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at Panera Bread However, I have eaten there three times this week and it was perfect everytime.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#39 of 41 Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
Your baby is going to be born with a sombrero lol.
LoL, I love mexican food! I grew up in So. California and I MISS it so much.. Japan DOES NOT have good mexican food, if you ever visit here don't eat the mexican food they have!

Taco rice though is actually a Okinawan dish, its really good. I don't make it nearly as good as the places out in town does but with the pouring down rain Ill stick with my version.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#40 of 41 Old 07-18-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
LoL, I love mexican food! I grew up in So. California and I MISS it so much.. Japan DOES NOT have good mexican food, if you ever visit here don't eat the mexican food they have!

Taco rice though is actually a Okinawan dish, its really good. I don't make it nearly as good as the places out in town does but with the pouring down rain Ill stick with my version.
My dad lived in Okinawa for a few years during the Vietnam war, and as a Texas native he would agree with you, no good Mexican food in Japan!

Its funny because I am usually a Mexican food addict but in the last month or so it has become an aversion for me. I am hoping the second trimester brings a return of the yummy taco, burrito goodness!

#41 of 41 Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post
My dad lived in Okinawa for a few years during the Vietnam war, and as a Texas native he would agree with you, no good Mexican food in Japan!

Its funny because I am usually a Mexican food addict but in the last month or so it has become an aversion for me. I am hoping the second trimester brings a return of the yummy taco, burrito goodness!
There is a lot of good food over here so its not such a bad thing, unless you are pregnant and REALLY want some good Mexican food you don't have to cook. Its been one of the few things that have sounded good to me but its a lot of work to make it yourself (ok Im lazy when Im sick all the time).

Hopefully it passes for you! Both my girls I could take it or leave it. Mostly leave it. With this one it always sounds good but yea.. Hopefully we go back to the states soon, DH is talking to his command about seeing if he can get orders back to California, I told him if he does i already know exactly where Im going to go for dinner the night we get back. Theres this little Mexican restaurant right by the base that I love that I want to go back to.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page