Have you chosen your baby(ies) names yet ? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2010, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh. Willa. I forgot about that one! Love it.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyMcFluff View Post
We've a long ways to go, but our front runners are:

Girl-Zora, Cora, Willa, Verity
Boy-Asa, Jude, Nico, Matteo
We had Asa picked out as our boy name for #2, but we had a girl so we named her Aza (pronounced Aja).

I think we have one boy name, it's my DH's grand and greatgrandfather's name and I think it meshes pretty well with my girls' names so far. I'm still pretty clueless on middle names and girl names though... I don't love picking names for some reason.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 PM

Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 PM

Great names everyone, this is fun!!

We have also had names picked out for quite a while, since this is our first. I don't think names for #2 is going to be so easy, but here's what we have for this little one:

Thomas Jozef (said like "Joseph", it was our great Uncle's middle name)
Nick name "TJ"
Ayla (starting with a long "A" sound) Jane

We both really really like the name Liam too, but that will have to be boy #2 as Thomas is my husband's name (he's not a junior either, different middle name from his dad, but the 3rd first-born Thomas in the line)

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

Old 07-27-2010, 12:08 AM

boy:
Andrès
Xavi
Leonel

Girl:
Emma is the only one we have come up with so far...

sidenote: I LOVE the name Ruby, that's what we named our youngest

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM

We will be sticking to Portuguese names for our third, which is limiting, but I love the name discussion. I live in an area that I swear tries to out-do themselves on the creative names. I came up with a list for a friend a few months ago of boys names. Thought you girls might like to see some that I especially liked or found unusual.

Palmer
Oscar
Oliver
Milo
Jeremiah
Roan
Crosby
Eli
Parrish
Braden
Magnus
Iam
Jaxon
Miles
Phenix
Atticus
Stellan
Silas
Linus
Truman
Ezra
Coltrane
Kenan
Aslan

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM

We are pretty sure on a girl name but no thoughts for a boy yet. DH and I are both hoping for a boy. We don't tell. When I told DMIL what DS2 would have been if he had been a girl she said "OH, I knew a Dehlia and she was just horrible." I don't really need anyones input before we decide.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Possibilities so far are girls names:
Alice Barbara-Lee
Hillery Mae
or maybe
Hillery Barbara-Lee
Hillery Barbara Mae

Barbara is my Nana who I love so so much and was so amazing to us when we were kids. She's getting up there in years and I would love to honour her so I'm pretty sure if I have a girl one of her middle names will be Barbara.
My and my mom's middle names are -Lee so it would be cool to carry that on. I really like Mae, it's dh's grandma's middle name (actually it's May but I prefer the other spelling)

My other 2 kids have first names after our hometown- Trent is the river that runs thru it and Bridget, well, we were grasping and there is a big Bridge in town It was the only name we both liked so we made it work. The town, along with a few others has amalgamated into Trent Hills, so that's why Hillery. It's a very hilly place. OMG this is so cheesy! But I like it

No boys names yet. Names are soooo hard. We didn't decide on dd's name til she was 4 days old.

We won't decide for sure til the baby is born anyway, but I need to have some idea!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:58 AM

We had names picked out before we even found out I was pregnant.
For a boy we want to name him after my husband's grandfather. My DH is really really close to his grandfather and hes wanted to name his first son after him since he was a little boy so for a boy it will be Thomas B****** (excuse the blank-out but its my Grandpa-in-laws last name so I don't feel comfortable sharing it)
For a girl we like Annabella Lynn. Annabella just came to be as being a perfect name for our next girl (all our girl names have just popped into my head one day and they suit our girls perfectly) and Lynn was my mother's middle name so I would love to name a girl that. It will give her a piece of her Grandma that will be never be able to know.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe we should sticky this thread ? Otherwise I'm pretty sure another one of the same is going to come up again soon lol.

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Well, if it's a girl, a name popped up as soon as I saw the + on the test: Mireille. DH likes it and so do the boys, so Mireille it will be... Only thing is it's hard to say in english...

For a boy, I have NO idea, with 5 boys already, I'm starting to get short on boy names we both like!

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Has anyone else had a name picked for a long time, and now having second thoughts? We have had the same "girls" name in the running while both my boys were born. I had assumed we would still use the same girls name. But, now I am "hmmmm-ing"....

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
Old 08-03-2010, 01:55 PM

For girls, I like Norah, Eliza, Anya and Enna. Possible middle names are Charlotte or Carys, but I need to come up with a few more to throw around.

For boys, I like Ezra, Levi, and I love the nickname Wes, but I'm not a fan of Wesley or Weston, so I'm not sure that will work. No idea on middle names yet.

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by debra_lea View Post
Has anyone else had a name picked for a long time, and now having second thoughts? We have had the same "girls" name in the running while both my boys were born. I had assumed we would still use the same girls name. But, now I am "hmmmm-ing"....
well, when we had ds we had the name Finn Sparrow picked out for a long time but one day we decided to google it and it came up that it was the name of a famous race horse! I couldn't name my darling boy after a horse so we went with something else.
Our girl name has always been Imogen, but now that it's so popular I no longer like it And we are working on other names instead. Shame cause we had that one for so long but will never actually use it.

Mom to K and R

Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM

We are pretty set on Piper for a girl. I like Rosa for the middle name but dh prefers Mae so it will probably be Piper Mae. I also really love the name Raven but can't use it as our kids always have blue eyes and white blonde hair! I also like Francis (but calling her Frankie) but dh hates it.

We always have such a hard time choosing boy names. Dh doesn't like any of my favourite names and well, he doesn't really come up with his own ideas - he just says yes or no to whatever I come up with. (My favourites are Eli, Isaac, Israel, Zion - I'm not jewish, I just really like those names for some reason).

So far the front runner for a boy is Lani which is hawaiian for sky/heaven. But no ideas on a middle name. Ds's middle name is Wild so it would be nice to have something comparably fun.

I find none of our favourite names from previous pregnancies ever carry over. It seems like our choices are always very dependent on the "spirit" of the current pregnancy if you know what I mean? Names that fit the first time (but didn't get used), suddenly don't seem right anymore. Anyone else find that? It's ok, but it means starting from scratch every time.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
Old 08-03-2010, 08:58 PM

If we have a boy, he will be Landen Paul (Paul after my dad)

If we have a girl (fingers crossed ), she will be Noa Cassidy.

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakelly5 View Post

ooh, I LOVE your girl name mama!

Mom to K and R

Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 PM

No idea on names. Our daughter was nameless until after she was born. We havent even really discussed it yet. My dh is a III and he doesnt want to continue that tradition so we will need to figure out a boy and girl name.

Janette - Mama to Adrianna born 2.27.07 and expecting another 2.17.11
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakelly5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombrooklyn View Post
ooh, I LOVE your girl name mama!

Me too!!! My dd is Noa Sage. It's not very common.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg

User Tag List