Have you chosen your baby(ies) names yet ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey !

Just curious... have you chosen (or are you debating on) your baby(ies) names yet ?

Our choices are....

if we have its going to be William and Étienne

if we have its going to be Charlie and Chloé

if we have its going to be William and Charlie

Any others ??

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#2 of 49 Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 PM

We've chosen, but we're not telling.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#3 of 49 Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 PM

It will take us months. We haven't even discussed names yet but we will nail them down before the birth.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#4 of 49 Old 07-25-2010, 10:47 PM

Boy name will be Merrick - I want Edward for a middle name, but DH wants George :yuck:

Girl name is way up in the air - I want Lucia Hazel Ann, Lucy for short, and DH wants Alice or Molly.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#5 of 49 Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 PM

I (think) we have a boy name. Not sure yet for a girl.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#6 of 49 Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 PM

I really like Charlie for a girl, very cute Coco

We picked Reed Kylie for a girl and might go with Sebastian Henry for a boy. We are still waffling on a boy name but there is time.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#7 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

We february gals sure do have good taste !

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#8 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 12:20 AM

For a boy we have William Oren (both of our maternal grandfathers names, not so hot on Oren, but hey, it's a middle name) nn - Will

For a girl it will most likely be Charlotte Grace, nn-Charlie (hey, great minds think a like)

Charlotte has been my favorite name forever, but DH totally nixed it last time. He is however, CRAZY over the nn Charlie, so I've already gotten him to commit.

Guess we'll have to wait until February to see if it's a William or Charlotte!

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#9 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 12:45 AM

We have and we're not telling!

But I really want to share w/someone and you all are the safest so...

Girl-Alara True (pronounced like Lars not Laura)

Boy- Jakob Eli-Cain
#10 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 AM

For a girl we have Piper. I want Rosa for the middle name but dh wants Mae. I'll probably settle for Mae.

So far the only contender for a boy is Lani and I'm not sure either of us is really set on it. Will likely be months more searching for a boy name. So hard for us every time. Still no middle name either.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#11 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 AM

We will be naming this baby after my mom, who died when I was 16. Her name was JoAnn Marie, but she went by Jo a lot of the time.

Joanna Marie

or

Joseph Wesley nn Joe

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#12 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post
For a boy we have William Oren
For a girl it will most likely be Charlotte Grace, nn-Charlie (hey, great minds think a like)
LOL thats really funny ! They are great names

Coco
xxx

#13 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM

Alexandrea I think for a girl
Sebastian for a boy maybe

While we have forever I want to have them set by sept/oct

Michele, wife to my soul mate, hero and solider, momma to
K-03/98, B-01/00, D-03/02, M-09/03, TL-12/04, TM-09/06, I-10/08 edd 02/02/11
#14 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 AM

i think we have our boy/boy names picked out. if its girl/boy or girl/girl, we are clueless!! we didnt commit to dd's name until the delivery room though, so it may take us a while to figure these ones' out!

~ sarah
#15 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 AM

We haven't even started talking about it yet, I think that once we have our first appointment it will feel more "real"... If we have a boy his middle name will be Andrew.. beyond that I have no idea.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#16 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 AM

we love to play name games for months! it took forever with my son (Kingsley Sparrow) but i think it's one of the most exciting parts about pregnancy!
We are bouncing around a lot right now so nothing is certain. We also fall in the camp of not telling until the babe is born and we look at it and KNOW for sure that that is in fact their name.

Mom to K and R

#17 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 11:51 AM

I think Miranda Eowyn for a girl. When my son was in the NICU, I loved being able to read him books about his namesake (he's Peter Gwydion, after the Lloyd Alexander Prydain Chronicles). I took a lot of heart in his namesake being someone brave, too - silly, but I'm a book nerd and it was comforting! So, I would love having Eowyn somewhere in her name, as I think Eowyn (from Tolkien) is one of the most kickass awesome women in literature. My husband is a Shakespearean scholar, so it's nice to have a name from Shakespeare (Miranda is in The Tempest), too, and I think Mirah is one of the prettiest nicknames ever. I think DH would really like Rosalind, though, so maybe she'll be Miranda Rosalind. Augh! I don't know!

For a boy, we like Colin, but don't know about a middle name yet. I'm reading a lot and hoping to find some inspiration. If we can't find anything, maybe Colin Ballantine (Ballantine is my Mom's family name). But, I'm hoping for a girl anyway, so maybe it won't matter . Teehee!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#18 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 PM

We aren't telling...but, like fairymom, I think its safe to release here....

We have 2 boys (both with Portuguese first names, and family middle names) and I still like the girl name we have had on the back burner. Our doctor is 95% sure this one is a girl- based on the "nub shot"!

Mara Floriana (middle name after my husbands grandmother)

If it is a boy, I have NO idea.

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#19 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 PM

For a girl, we're going with Lucy (no middle name yet), but it's still open to debate.

For a boy, Colin Thomas. Named in honor of DH's older brother who passed away when DH was in HighSchool, and Thomas in honor of my dad.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#20 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM

We're thinking and playing around with names. But we won't decide until baby is born. We have to see if the kid actually suits the name we pick out before we decide 100%, and that won't happen until birth.
But our names have to work in English, French and Norwegian, so it's not the easiest thing anyway. We need some time.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#21 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 01:06 PM

We've had names picked out for years, literally. We always have names picked out before we even get pg.

Boy- Isaac Dakota
Girl- Rachel Kathleen

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#22 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM

Since we're talking names, can I get some opinions?

I really *do* love Charlotte, but lately I just keep thinking about Violet (especially since she's a Feb baby!).

Violet is a little less popular than Charlotte, which I like and it's got a spunky quality to it that I also really dig.

Are there any nicknames (other than Vi) that are associated with Violet? DH is a huge nn person, so I have to love the nn as much as the given name.

I love names!! Let's hear some more!

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#23 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 01:16 PM

we aren't telling IRL, but i am so glad i can say them here

for a girl: Victoria Zoe nn Tori
for a boy: Henry Steele

We liked the meanings of both Victoria and Zoe...Victoria means victory and Zoe means eternal life...we pray she would find both in Jesus.

And we just like the more old-fashioned/vintage names for boys...so we liked Henry, and Steele was my great-grandfather's first name and my uncle's middle name. And out DS is named Samuel Ezra, which is also kinda vintage.

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .
#24 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Well...Charlotte is my daughters name so I love it. I too have been thinking a lot about Violet too though. My list looks like this:

Girls:
Dorothy
Thea
Kate
Maddy (Madeline)
Violet
Olivia

Boys:
Oliver Charles
Benjamin Charles

FWIW PLEASE don't pick a name you don't LOVE. Why? Because we named our daugher Allison and I didn't like it but agreed. Two years later I still didn't like it. We had to pay a lot of money to get it changed but we did it! She will always be Alli to us but her full name is Charlotte. Speaking of which...I need to get down to the SS office and change it there.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#25 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 PM

As for a nn for Violet, DH said "Purple". Dork!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#26 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 02:31 PM

I know of a little girl who is called Vivi - would that work as a nn for Violet?

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#27 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM

I was going to put Vivi...but also Lettie, Leta, Viola, Vila, Viley...I guess I think that you and DH are going to call baby lots of cute nn things

We are still struggling with a 2nd girl choice but here's what we have so far:
Girl:
Audren Livia Marie
Ruby ????? ????? (DH really likes Charlotte, I'm not sold since it is so popular, I like Violet but two color names seems weird to me, ack! Ruby is my Gramma's name and I always thought I'd name a little girl after her but my cousin named her kid's middle name after her and now I feel like I'm just following coattails...angst! )

Boy:
Liam James Joseph
Eli Andrew Zion (Dh isn't sold on Zion but I am and he hasn't come up with another choice so...)

I could talk names all day! Mamas, you all have such lovely names and choices!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#28 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM

I LOVE Ruby. Plus it's a family name. Very cool. If we hadn't named a dog Ruby I would be all over it!

#29 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
if we have its going to be Charlie
The first time I ever ran into a girl named Charlie was at the daycare I worked at for a couple years. She was the cutest, spunkiest girl. Her mom was/is so obsessed with clothes.... one day Charlie would come in with a frilly pink dress on and the next she was in black/rocker/punk clothes. I kept telling her mom that if I got pregnant anytime soon I was buying Charlie's entire wardrobe. LOL! I don't know why that made me think of it.... I'm really missing my daycare babies and mourning that I'm not going back to work for the daycare in a couple week (I originally just took the summer off but recently decided I wasn't going back because I got another job that meshed with my ds's school schedule better)

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#30 of 49 Old 07-26-2010, 04:47 PM

We've a long ways to go, but our front runners are:

Girl-Zora, Cora, Willa, Verity
Boy-Asa, Jude, Nico, Matteo

ETA: I'm also really trying to talk dh into Beatrice/Beatrix for a girl. I've loved it forever. He keeps hollering "Aunt Bea!!" every time I say it, lol

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page