**Weekly chat, Aug 8** - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 08-11-2010, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have lost my moby wrap! The last time I had it out was last Fall (a friend returned it after borrowing it) and now I can't find it. I've also lost the baby name book and DH was ready to start going through names.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#32 of 43 Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
no suggestions for what to get dh for our anniversary????? lol i need help!
What are his interests? Is there a class he'd like to take? Musical instrument he'd like to learn? Special event he's like to attend?

DH and I have pretty much moved past getting each other "stuff" for holidays and anniversaries, I figure he's an adult, he can go buy it if he really wants it... so we give each other "experience" stuff... Last year's anniversary we went to Anaheim to attend Blizzcon (we're both gaming geeks).
For his birhthday I signed him up for SCUBA lessons since he's always wanted to learn, and we took a vacation to Fl to dive when he finished.
He got me Indian Cooking lessons at the local university's "leisure classes" for my birthday. And this year we're going camping in the Ozarks for our anniversary.
None of those things cost a fortune since we budgeted and looked for travel deals and we have a lot of great memories.
Maybe there's something your DH would enjoy along those lines?

I had my 12 week OB visit today. I declined the NT Scan (even though I really wanted a peek). Baby was super cooperative with the doppler and had a nice healthy heartrate of 164. I was shocked to hear I'm measuring almost 16 weeks! Anyone else measuring large?
I know there is only one bean in there.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#33 of 43 Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtwinMama View Post
Anyone else measuring large?
I know there is only one bean in there.
Yes, I'm measuring about 16 wks as well. This is my 3rd baby, I have had an ultrasound and saw only one baby also. I'm 13w 3d today.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#34 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 AM

I get to look at the baby tomorrow and get some good prints. We're technically in there to do measurements, but it's our first real look at the baby. It was a small little blob last time, since it was still a bit early for an abominal u/s and they were only checking heartrate. Now we get to take a look at my cervix for surgery. And I need to remember to ask if I'll need help with the kids and housework after I get home and for how long. My OB is actually out of town and it's a "surgery day" so the other one isn't likely to be there, but I'm hoping someone will know or take a note down for me.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#35 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 02:56 AM

Holly, how bout a nice night/day out just the two of you? My husband is hard to buy for so I usually suprise him with some couple time even if its just a nice dinner after the kids go to sleep. November we celebrate 5 years and Ive never gotten him more than a card for our anniversary so Im no help.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#36 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Holly, my husband is very easy going and hard to shop for. Typically I make him something (this is last years "until death do us part" gift http://picasaweb.google.com/marzipan...14151710301474 ) or we surprise each other with tickets (ballet, concerts, sporting events) or a trip to San Antonio or Austin (both are close enough that it isn't terribly expensive). I can't wait to hear what you ultimately decide on!

AFM, I finished my class today! AND after 3 semesters and 7 classes I have a 4.0!!! I am having a hard time with my decision to only student teach next semester and not take any classes in the fall and spring. I am such a perfectionist over achiever that I feel like a failure for taking time off, but I know that this is what is best for my family and I will be grateful for the uninterrupted time we will have together in the Spring. Maybe I need to write that on the wall so I won't forget lol.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#37 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 02:13 PM

I am 15 weeks today! Belly is definitely popping out. Can't wait for my next u/s. I go at 18 weeks, although I'm tempted to pay the $100 to get a gender u/s next week. DH says I need to be patient (BLAH)! Driving home today and tomorrow - can't believe summer is almost over. Kids starting school soon....I feel like the rest of this pregnancy is going to fly by!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#38 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Nintendork, I love the till death do us part gift. So cool!

For DH on his birthday we went and saw the Giants. We got amazing seats right behind third base and their dug out! We were literally right there. A guy a few seats down got hit on the head with a foul ball because he wasn't paying attention.

Maybe tickets to the ball park?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#39 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 PM

I haven't taken my vitamins in 3 days and coincidentally the nausea is gone. I'm going to wait a few more days and then start taking them and hopefully the nausea won't come back. I was down 12 lbs from my pre-preg weight as of Tuesday. I'm still exhausted all the time, hoping that will hit the road in another week or 2 as well. Had my first u/s today, and heard the HB for the first time 2 days ago. So in love with this tiny little creature already I must have looked at the u/s pic 50 times today..

I have been showing noticeably for a couple weeks now. I'm in the annoying stage where maternity is too big and regular clothes just make me look fat because they don't fit. I wish I could wear leggings and tshirts every day, but alas I must go to work and since I work in an office, leggings/tshirts are a no-go

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
#40 of 43 Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 PM

I switched from my prenatal vitamin to a gummy one a day vitamin for 3 weeks and it helped a lot.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#41 of 43 Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 AM

My husband is soo cute. Its tradition he gets to pick the coming home outfits for the children. He gets so excited about picking the outfit, shoes, blanket etc that I don't want to ruin his fun so I agreed to it a LONG time ago (hes like a kid in the candy store I swear, he loves to look at each little outfit and decide which is special enough for his little girl (or boy if we ever have one) to wear home for the first time) before we even got married.
Well, we got a box and in it was a little boy outfit and a little girl outfit. I guess he found them on sale and "knew" it was the perfect outfit for the baby to wear home so he got one of each so we were covered with either a boy or a girl. He also ordered me something else which he won't tell but I have a sinking suspecion I know and if Im right Im going to strangle him. I told him it was to expensive and Id get something cheaper.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#42 of 43 Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM

My husband and I usually just go out to dinner for our anniversary. Well, actually we went on a cruise for our 1st and 2nd anniversary, but then came baby and now it's just dinner! Actually, TODAY is our 5th anniversary. We'll probably go out tomorrow night. There is a resturant about an hour from us that's on the bay and does dinner cruises and I think we might try that this year. Either that or Red Lobster. Because if I don't get some cheddar biscuits soon....

Hello, 2nd trimester!! Feels so good to reach this milestone. I'll really breathe easy once I (finally!) hear that heartbeat on Wednesday!

DD and DH are BOTH sick with the flu. DH still dragged himself to work (he has never taken a sick day, crazy boy. I keep telling him he doesn't get a medal. Anyway...) and I'm home nursing DD. I gave her motrin once yesterday, but I'm really trying to hold off today. She's pretty hot and very pathetic. I hate it so much when she's sick! And I'm really, really hoping I don't get whatever this is! Right now we're curled up on the couch watching Dora.

Anyone else feel like they aren't showing enough? I know in my head I'm being silly, but since this is my 2nd, I was expecting to show sooner. I'm definitley poochy at night, but definitely not really showing yet. I'm ready for a baby belly!!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#43 of 43 Old 08-14-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-molly View Post
DD and DH are BOTH sick with the flu.

Anyone else feel like they aren't showing enough? I know in my head I'm being silly, but since this is my 2nd, I was expecting to show sooner. I'm definitley poochy at night, but definitely not really showing yet. I'm ready for a baby belly!!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?
Sorry you aren't feeling well! Hopefully it passes quickly.

Some days I feel HUGE, others I feel like I haven't changed. It depends on the day. Today I really feel like I haven't changed at all. But I don't show quickly. With DD1 I didn't wear maternity clothing (except for military uniforms but that was only because I don't like wearing belts while pregnant) until at least 25 weeks. It wasn't really obvious until after 30. With DD2 I started wearing maternity clothing around the same time but it was really obvious. I just had big clothes since I hadn't replaced my post partum clothing from DD1 and it was 2-3 sizes to big on me pre pregnancy. This time my pre-pregnancy clothes still fit no problem so Im waiting until I can find some maternity clothes I like to start wearing maternity clothing.

Today (its Saturday here) we slept in, DH brought me breakfest in bed and then we made the mistake to decide to go shopping. I needed to pick up some crayons and markers for the girls since I was out and they were on sale. I didn't calculate in its the final payday weekend before parents have to turn the supplies in to the schools over here (they have open house over here before the first day of school and everyone turns in the supplies then) so it was a MAD HOUSE. They were totally sold out of markers and the pencils my daughter likes (shes picky and only likes one type of pencils). Then we were going to go grochery shopping but the commissary was out of carts and look kind of like an ant hill of people so we decided to come home first. Glad I did, went to the commissary over here and it was practically dead. Took less than an hour to do the rest of the month food shopping. Now we are going to go eat pizza and DH wants to see if theres a football game on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page