~~~Aug 22 Weekly Chat~~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry okimom I hope that morning sickness passes quickly. I'm sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough. What a bizarre policy! Everyone has GBS at some point! That sucks, and I really wonder what is the point of a policy like that one.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#62 of 67 Old 08-27-2010, 09:16 PM

oh sorry for your loss Strong Mama but that job sounds sweet! I wish there were more work opportunities where we could take our children along!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#63 of 67 Old 08-28-2010, 01:15 AM

My surgical consult was lame. I got my instructions (same as any day surgery) signed my waiver and weighed myself (125lbs... I need to slow down!) and heard the heartbeat. I saw the doctor for like 10 seconds. I didn't have anything to ask him because he's not the one who'll be performing my surgery. My consultation was supposed to be Monday but apparently Dr. Jung will be in surgery that morning. So 6am I go in on Tuesday. I'm having general anesthesia rather than the epidural (I was happy to hear) so I'll have to stick around until 10am. But the procedure should be quick in and out in about 15 minutes. We'll do a follow up u/s either that Thursday or the following Tuesday. I see my midwife that Thursday anyway though, so she can get the baby on the doppler for me for some earlier reassurance if they decide to wait a week.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#64 of 67 Old 08-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
It isnt valid and I mentioned that and I got the "well its hospital policy" which means that I pretty much am stuck doing it. AMA isn't really an option over here since if you try it they will just do a medical transfer for you and then you are left without your spouse. Its happened. Its not a huge deal more annoying, like most things in the military. Likelihood is I won't make it in, for my first labor I was only at the hospital 4 hours, in a room for 3. I was in labor for 16 hours total but it seems my body goes from 7-10 cm in less than 10 minutes, the nurse checked me and I was at 6 then 10 minutes later the doctor checked me and I was at 10. My second I was in labor for about an hour and a half. Its ok, Im totally ok with being deemed a trouble patient. I was with my second (I wouldn't stay in my room and kept going and sitting in the NICU with my baby so they wrote on my chart I was a trouble patient and needed closer monitoring.. I don't like the L&D nurse I had) and it doesn't bug me. Im already going to tick them off because they hate women who don't let them medicate them so they can go on their merry way.
I had two military births and I was a trouble patient too. SO much so they had to have not one, not two, but three meetings with the hospital CO about our refusal of tests and vaccinations and all sorts of things. LOL I feel your pain. I solved the problem with the second one by having the baby in the car on the side of the road!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#65 of 67 Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Strongmama, sorry for the loss of your grandfather

Mrs. Music, I hop it goes smoothly for you! I have a good friend that gets the cerclage and it allowed her to have two full term births after a preemie and a late second trimester loss.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#66 of 67 Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM

strongmama, I hope you can find a moment to rest soon.

AFM, work started Monday and I am exhausted. I have 2 8th grade PreAP classes, two 8 the grade regular classes and one 6th grade class. This whole thing is annoying because I want to teach high school but I guess because my certification exam was 8-12 the district wants me to get experience everywhere. Can't wait til October when I get to move over to working with the high school AP, PreAP, IB, GT teacher. I am so tired when I get home everyday that even the thought of how much longer I have to do this (15 more weeks) makes me want to cry.

Also I suddenly have dry, peeling inflamed skin on my face. Great.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#67 of 67 Old 08-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendork View Post

Also I suddenly have dry, peeling inflamed skin on my face. Great.
i also suddenly had dry peeling skin on my face. i also had a small pimple and i hadn't had one of those in a long time... i hadn't been using anything on my face to wash or moisturize, so we'll see if the moisturizing cream is enough...

strong mama, sorry for your loss, much love to you and your family.

mrs. music, good luck on Monday...our thoughts are with you!

btw i definitely felt my first bit of "that's definitely movement", i was half asleep, but i'll take it!
ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page