~~~Aug 22 Weekly Chat~~~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep on keepin' on, girls.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#2 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 04:58 PM

I hit the jackpot in maternity clothes today! I reponded to an ad on Kijiji (online classifieds) for some nice stuff- a few jeans, dress pants, skirt, 4 dresses & a bunch of tops for $60 and the ad said she had a couple bags of other stuff to throw in for free. Well it was all maternity stuff, as well as the items listed there were sweaters, yoga pants, dressy tops, everything. Some stuff not maternity but empire waist styles that will do great for now! I kept all the small size stuff and will pass on the rest to my friend who is also pregnant, 6 wks behind me and she is slightly bigger. WOO HOO!! I'm so happy to have some clothes to wear. DH and I are going out for dinner tomorrow night to a very fancy restaurant to celebrate our 7 yr wedding anniversary and I had NOTHING to wear! Also we have a wedding to go to in September not to mention Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas dinners, etc so this is ideal. I'm so happy to have all these clothes now, not had to break the bank and not had to continuously scour the thrift stores. Did I mention WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm 15 wks today, still not feeling a whole lot of movement. I get tired easily, my back gets sore but other than that, I don't feel pregnant. Don't even have any nausea anymore to remind me. Can't wait to start feeling regular kicks and bumps!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#3 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 PM

Tuesday will mark two weeks alone and the girls and I are doing fine (well my girls are sore, but DDs are great ). Looks like we're about to confirm an extension of his trip... I'm really not all that bummed. He's making good money (it's been a while, and hooboy with the midwife we NEED it) and we're already under way. I did say that he had to have his mother come down to be with our DDs (or take them) for the difference between his planned arrival and extended arrival.

I am SUPER DUPER nesty, like beyond belief. I'm not sure if it's the time alone without DH, or what but I've cleaned BOTH of his desks- yikes they were BAD, closets, the inside of the fridge and freezer, sorted paperwork, given away tons of crap, dusted and deep cleaned, done all the ceiling fans... I'm not complaining, might as well get it done while I can! I do housekeeping for others too, but I already told my clients that I'll be stopping around the holidays. I'm going to see if I can't make it until about Thanksgiving before turning in... it's just so much bending/climbing and reaching. I usually carry really HUGE too, so I think it'll just get to be too much around then.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#4 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 06:40 PM

I'm amazed at how heavy the babies feel already, I guess it because their are 2 , but it's just so weird i'm not used to feeling like this so early. I'm super excited about wednesday when we get to find out the genders, hoping for one to be a girl but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#5 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 PM

i'm so excited my nausea seems to be on the way out... i realized i spent maybe an hour feeling "uncomfortable" nausea (not even vomiting!), when before it was all day! yippee! i'm also a bit annoyed already with how much i have to eat! but the good news is, old foods are on the way back in! ate hummus again this week, beets, beef, sushi, loving the variety...now if i can only keep up with the hunger! and i'm focused on iron, as i was feeling lots of anemic symptoms, but in 3 days since i found out, we're starting to feel much better!
what else? i had an awful dream, the same theme as before, that i'm having twins and i won't be able to parent as i wish...nursing, homebirth, everything goes out the door. i don't seem to have fearful dreams about 1 baby, just twins...(we don't know what we're having we won't have a scan unless need shows up). i woke up with my heart beating outside my chest!
looking forward to feeling some movement, but we're just 14 weeks... so i'm patient!
btw, love, love, love the support this group gives! so glad to be part of the group!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#6 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 PM

Oh boy. A friend of mine just announced on FB that she is pregnant, due in april sometime. We haven't even announced our pregnancy yet, LOL....she's due 10 weeks later. I'm such a cynic but I always cringe when I read those status "so and so is growing a new person" updates when they are maybe 10 days pregnant. I guess I'm jaded.

Anyways, I am in full nesting/cleaning mode. My dh has a few weeks off between semesters and is scared for his life. I've had a list of crap for his to do for months and months and I hope it all gets done...(alot of it involves painting on a ladder which I'm not doing). Our house needs so much work which equals we need so much money to do it but sadly, our bank account disagrees....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#7 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 11:34 PM

i just realized that the May 2011 DDC will be up soon. How weird is that?

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#8 of 67 Old 08-22-2010, 11:44 PM

Michelle, if you saw me in person at just 13 weeks you would know why we need to tell a little sooner than after the main danger zone has passed. Of course I was nervous about having to 'untell' but I knew everyone would be supportive if it came to that. It is wild that May is just around the corner! It'll have been 6 years since we found out we are expecting our first!

#9 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post
i'm so excited my nausea seems to be on the way out... i realized i spent maybe an hour feeling "uncomfortable" nausea (not even vomiting!), when before it was all day! yippee! i'm also a bit annoyed already with how much i have to eat! but the good news is, old foods are on the way back in! ate hummus again this week, beets, beef, sushi, loving the variety...now if i can only keep up with the hunger! and i'm focused on iron, as i was feeling lots of anemic symptoms, but in 3 days since i found out, we're starting to feel much better!
what else? i had an awful dream, the same theme as before, that i'm having twins and i won't be able to parent as i wish...nursing, homebirth, everything goes out the door. i don't seem to have fearful dreams about 1 baby, just twins...(we don't know what we're having we won't have a scan unless need shows up). i woke up with my heart beating outside my chest!
looking forward to feeling some movement, but we're just 14 weeks... so i'm patient!
btw, love, love, love the support this group gives! so glad to be part of the group!

why would twins making nursing and homebirth go out the window???

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#10 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 07:41 AM

ashleybrook, the dreams are pretty vivid at this stage! Mine are starting to tip over into the R rated zone.

Michelle, I tell everyone before the pee stick is dry - if I lose a baby it's just as easy to say "I lost the baby" as it is to say "I was pregnant, and I lost the baby". I wouldn't want to grieve alone.

I'm off to the midwife this morning for my pap, but I should get to hear the baby's heartbeat too! 15 weeks this morning. One of my daycare kids just had a baby brother and is COMPLETELY into the heartbeat as a way to predict gender. He'll be dying to hear what the number was when he comes back. (I am on 'vacation' this week. We aren't going anywhere, but I'm staying at home and relaxing!)

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#11 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 AM

I techinically belong in this DDC I think, they keep adding a week to my pregnancy..lol still dont have a due date. So I am hopping between this one and march's. Im doing pretty good, feeling a lot better. I am scared with twins in me. I can barely clean and then I get BH, this never happened with singletons. With one in there I was lifting boxes and raking and painting and well you know, just being normal pretty much but with the two I am afraid of doing anything short of mopping and vaccuming. Even lifting the laundry basket causes BH I am going to talk to my visiting nurse today(i get one cos im *high risk* with the twins and my age. So free listens to heartbeats for me with her doppler every two weeks!

Poor dh, he has a list too lol He has been busting his butt. He redid our whole bathroom, ripped the nasty shower out, put a jacuzzi tub in, re did the cabinets, tiled the floor and painted, it looks so good. Now he has to build the nursery. My house is spotless now. He steamed the rugs over the weekend and I scrubbed cabinets and floors. Now he has to get the yards in order next weekend. I hit yard sales over the weekend and got some pretty good stuff. I spent 8 bucks. I am hoping to go every weekend to help get some of this stuff we need for the twins and save bucks.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#12 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post
why would twins making nursing and homebirth go out the window???
I don't know where ashleybrook is but here in BC, twins would also make homebirth go out the window.

Midwifery is regulated here and in many ways that's a good thing (it's covered by our medical system so it's free and it means that midwives can have privileges in hospital so in the event of a hospital transfer all you do is change locations and your care provider comes with you, no switching to the on-call doc etc., most of the midwives here actually do more hospital births than homebirths but all of them offer their clients the choice). The downside to regulated midwifery is that 10 years ago as they were going through the process, certain concessions had to be made in order to get regulated. So now there are rules that the midwives have to follow in order to keep the College happy including twin births are hospital births, meconium is automatic hospital transfer etc.

I am afraid of the work/sleep deprivation associated with twins primarily but to be honest, I'd also be devastated at how different the birth would have to be.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#13 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 12:28 PM

Things are going well here. I'll be 14 weeks this week and I'm starting to feel mildly less nauseous. I can also see some nesting starting to kick in. So far that just means that everywhere I look I'm overwhelmed with the feeling that as soon as I have more energy, I'm totally going to tackle that! I guess it's mental nesting at this point.

Ds has swimming lessons every morning this week and I'm still finding that packing up the kids to get to that is exhausting. By the time we get home, eat lunch and put dd down for her nap, I'm done for the day.

We're starting to get geared up for homeschooling to start next week. It'll be our first year and I'm both excited and nervous/overwhelmed.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#14 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM

chula13--- it actually wouldn't make homebirth and nursing go out the window, but that's my fear! i'm in california, so homebirth is doable! and i know i wouldn't want to do any other way but nursing, for ease as much as anything!... but, i do feel like the logistics part of nursing, baby-wearing and continuum parenting as i want to do is such an overwhelming thought, when i think of it with twins (no fear with 1 baby). at this point, i don't even know that i need to think of it, but it is apparently the big fear i have. i've actually done quite a bit of research, looking online seeing pics of baby-wearing, etc. in all my twin dreams it's boy and girl, and my dream was conjoined twins, which automatically switched us to hospital birth, nicu, no nursing, etc. now, that's not even possible to have fraternal twins conjoined, i know that...but fear pops up in interesting ways in dreams. as twinklefae said, very vivid. very scary.

on a different note, michelle, i'd have to say, i didn't announce to fb until i was 3 months, but all my closest peeps knew pretty soon after i did...having gone through two losses, i knew i would need support if i were to go through another loss. but i do think the further into it, the more support i'd need. so...when are you going to share your news? i do know we are all different, with different needs, but i do relate to your friend's excitement...even though we didn't tell, i truly felt i could have shouted it from the mountaintops and been so excited for everyone to hear! hehe. but i guess i still feel like that. even though i have a belly for me, if you don't know me you wouldn't know it's a pregnant belly...so last night i was asking my husband, how long do you think it'll take for people to know when they see me!?

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#15 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post
...so last night i was asking my husband, how long do you think it'll take for people to know when they see me!?
I'm usually 6 months along before I look remotely pregnant to other people. I always wish it was a little sooner.

#16 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 PM

Michelle - I've never gone through a loss but I imagine I wouldn't want to suffer in silence so I tend to tell anyone that I'd also be willing to also tell that we lost the baby. This means family and close friends, but I don't announce on fb until later and don't tell aquaintances until later.

We've always told our kids right away and I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that we lost this babe and the worst part was having to tell my ds. He was so heart broken (in my dream, as he would be in real life).

#17 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM

ashleybrook Thank you for answering me , I totally understand the worry. Hopefully we will both have wonderful homebirths with our twins.

I'm curious as to what you have been reading on twin babywearing, because I thought this would totally be a no go with twins.

#18 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 02:12 PM

I had a really really really bad morning - threw up in my hair, had the wrong time for my midwife appt. and had a short appt. and couldn't find parking and had to pay.

But it was all worth it in the end - I heard the heartbeat - 156bpm! It's been a little niggling fear that it wouldn't be there, but now I can breathe.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#19 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama View Post
I'm usually 6 months along before I look remotely pregnant to other people. I always wish it was a little sooner.
I am now at the stage where people glance at my belly and wonder but don't say anything. I can tell by the look in their eye

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#20 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobunny View Post
I am now at the stage where people glance at my belly and wonder but don't say anything. I can tell by the look in their eye
Depending on the person and what I'm wearing I've been getting questions asking if it's a boy or a girl...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#21 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 03:31 PM

chula13-- here's a link to a photo gallery that has pics of mama's wearing twins.
http://www.naturallyparentingtwins.c...l/image/tid/24
also, if you go on you tube you can find videos of mama's putting on twins, they seem to use moby's which look complicated, but there were some others too...i think i saw one using mai tei's when the baby's were a bit bigger... i can't remember exactly what i searched, but give it i try, i think you'll come up with some videos... yes, hopefully we'll both have great homebirths!!! i'm so looking forward to it...one baby or two!

twinklefae-- sorry for your morning, i always hated throwing up and having toilet water splash back on my face...but vomit in the hair is yucky, yucky... so glad you got to hear the heartbeat...i know that puts us on a high like no other!

bluebirdmama-- sorry about your dream, they can be so scary/sad. thanks for letting me know about 6 months, my husband said i'd probably be at least at 5 months...

Cujobunny & lyterae-- sooo cool!!!

#22 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post
ashleybrook Thank you for answering me , I totally understand the worry. Hopefully we will both have wonderful homebirths with our twins.

I'm curious as to what you have been reading on twin babywearing, because I thought this would totally be a no go with twins.
I found the moby to be the best carrier for my twins when they were little. Google moby twin holds and there are a few youtube videos that show how it's done. It does take some practice... DH and I practiced on stuffed animals before we were confident enough to try both babies at the same time.
My girls were preemies and I feel like the moby offered them the most support.
As they got older, I had one twin the hated to be restrained in a carrier (she's always on the move) and one that loved it, so I switched to a meitai for the twin that wanted to be held.

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#23 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 04:28 PM

Oh Sarah sorry for the icky stuff, but yay on that heartbeat! what an awesome feeling once you get to hear that heartbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama View Post
Wow, see and there I was thinking it was how closely my children are spaced, but ours are all about the same. With my first I didn't look anything remotely pregnant until 20 weeks, I look at 14-15 weeks the way I looked at about 30 weeks the first time. I also got HUGE with number two... I don't really want that again.

#24 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

I just got back from my 13 week appointment and was thrilled to hear the heartbeat!

Now that I'm in the second tri and I know it's still alive, I feel like this is really going to be a baby

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#25 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=bluebirdmama;15764700] I can also see some nesting starting to kick in. So far that just means that everywhere I look I'm overwhelmed with the feeling that as soon as I have more energy, I'm totally going to tackle that! I guess it's mental nesting at this point.

took the words right out of my mouth.

off to my third prenatal appointment. My first was with my reg NP. My second appt she was booked so I saw an OB. Went in on friday and my NP is on medical leave! Had to reschedule with yet another OB. I'm hoping to schedule an appt to find out the sex of the baby.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#26 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM

I haven't been posting too much lately. I had been feeling so lousy and felt like a broken record. I am 15w 1d today and I am starting to feel better. I would like the exhaustion to let up a little... But at least I'm no longer puking and if I do feel sick it's fleeting and less often. I bought a doppler. It was a total waste of $, but I'm still glad I did. I have only used it twice as I don't want to be too liberal with it. My dh couldn't come with me for any of my appointments so far, so it was nice to let him hear the hb, and the other kids too.
I am also looking very pregnant. I have to give everyone a disclaimer that this is #6 so please cut me some slack! I am tired of being told I am huge already. I haven't taken a picture since like 10w, slacker.
Oh and let me say I Can't Wait For School To Start!!! By the end of summer I am always worn out. I love my children more than anything else, but still! September 8 is my next favorite day.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#27 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Yay for hearing heartbeats! Sorry about the vomit in the hair twinklefae

I am an organizing and decluttering fired the past two weeks. I was burnt out from my big cross country trip so I have been sticking close to home and just cleaning and decluttering. I did not do enough of it prior to #3 and really regretted it because it took me two years to get everything clean and organized again. Not this time! I am tackling all the major hotspots in the house and have already given a trunk load of stuff away. It feels so good.

I had psd the last pregnancy as well and that made housekeeping impossible. Maybe I am paranoid about getting it again, hence the early nesting. I have been making weekly to do lists and knocking off quite a bit off. Only two things had to follow me into this week out of a list of 12.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#28 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 PM

Twinkle- Sorry bout the bad morning but at least it ended well!

As for showing, Im still at the "she looks fat doesn't she" stage. I mentioned I was pregnant to my hubby's old boss the other day and he was like "Really, I thought you just gained a few pounds" geez, thanks. It might be I don't like tight fitting clothing so Im wearing Large shirts that cover the belly but make me look bigger I guess.

DD1 is so funny. Shes been insisting it was either a brother or a brother and a sister since we told her I was pregnant. The other day I told her it might be a sister too and she responded "If its just a sister can we take her back and exchange her or get a refund?" This morning she told me the baby is Thomas, Thomas is her brother, if its anyone else she isn't talking to me (notice she said me, not the baby. Of course the baby will get all the loving because she can't help but love on a baby. She adores babies). I was going through the baby clothes I got at the clothing swap and she started putting them in rows, I asked her why and her reponse was "This is the order that Thomas is wearing them in"..
Yea, I love this kid. Nothing is ever dull when shes around.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#29 of 67 Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
Wow, see and there I was thinking it was how closely my children are spaced, but ours are all about the same. With my first I didn't look anything remotely pregnant until 20 weeks, I look at 14-15 weeks the way I looked at about 30 weeks the first time. I also got HUGE with number two... I don't really want that again.
Hmm...I always thought it had to do with body shape. I'm thin and tallish and have a long torso. I think there's just lots of room for baby and uterus to grow upwards before it starts popping out. I definitely notice a difference in my own body long before anyone else does. Right now I'm at that stage where I look very pregnant right after I eat because my guts have moved up and out.

#30 of 67 Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 AM

well my appt went good, other than sitting in the waiting room for an hour waiting to be seen. The OB I saw asked me why I haven't gained any weight. I told her I was wondering the same thing and hoping she could ease my worry. She measured me and said I was measuring at 18 wks. I'm 16w4d. So I guess the lack of weight gain doesn't seem to be effecting the baby. I get my anatomy scan next sunday and hope to find out the sex of the baby. I was surprised they are open on sunday. The OB said the heart rate is 140 and guesses it's a boy. I hope so!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page