~~September 5th Weekly Chat~~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
I just made my ultrasound appointment and the first available appointment wasn't until the 5th of October. I know it would probably bum out a lot of people but DH gets home on September 29th (or 30th) so he can be there during the ultrasound! Hes going to be so happy when I tell him, he was really upset about missing it.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#32 of 42 Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 PM

oh joy okimom! that's wonderful My mid term sonogram won't be until about that time or possibly even mid-October. My MW likes for her clients who do choose them to go on the later side (22ish weeks) so that things are just a little more visible.

My husband unfortunately will not be around for mine he'll be back this Saturday but leaving next Sat after he went over his long term plans for this project I had to fight off a bit of a depression, so I wasn't very chatty (if you don't have anything nice to say...) However, the rain finally stopped, I got of my patoote and enrolled in ten weeks of prenatal yoga, arranged for a babysitter the weeks that I need one, cleaned my house, cast on a baby-sized sweater and feel much better about it all. One. day. at. a. time.

Today I got a job twice a month teaching spinning at a local alpaca ranch/LYS weaving studio!!!! WOOHOO!!! Now I have to figure out how to formally teach others (I'm self taught) eek I'm really excited at the same time though

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#33 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 AM

sweeteleanor my kids are the same ages as yours. Pretty close anyways!

I can't wait to look pregnant. I am 19wks now and still look like I did before baby. Mind you I normally look a few months pregnant naturally. I guess that's why everyone says they can't even tell.

Baby has been moving a lot and kicking really low. I get strange sensations from whatever it is that she is doing to me. Then I feel anxious if everything is ok.

My DH is spending the weekend at a lake three hours from here for a bachelor party and I'm a little bummed because my birthday is on Monday. At least he will be back for my birthday.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#34 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 AM

So we have triplets trekkingirl! I like the ages my kids are. Closer would have been good too but I like that I feel like each of these monkeys got a little them time before the next party crasher showed up!

Okimom! My sister, also on Oki, had to wait FOREVER to get her ultrasound. She'll be 22 weeks when she goes in on the 20th. Yikes! She misses her midwives so very much and is scared of Lester. Hello?! I had a baby there, I know how it is. But there is a baby at the end and that's what matters, right? Glad your DH will be back.

My man leaves soon for a deployment. Sucks bad. Le sigh. Le cry. We'll make it through though. We have to!!! LOL!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#35 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM

I've decided to put off my ultrasound til closer to 30 weeks to get a more accurate view of the placenta. And because the idea of an ultrasound scares me witless, for absolutely no reason.

To all whose husband's are away. That sounds hard.

I'm in the opposite boat - DH's hours are being cut back as the cold weather sets in so I wish he would go to work!

I'm finding this pregnancy to be very full of aches and pains - BH, Round Ligament pain, random pain.

I love red meat usually, and am completely put off by it this pregnancy. (I'm kinda hoping that means girl - with DS I CRAVED steak big time. Rare steak.)

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#36 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl View Post
Not much chatting going on this week, eh?

I am craving meat like you wouldn't believe. I can't get it out of my head. It is driving me nuts.

If this keeps up I will be sneaking out of the house and eating it in a dark alley somewhere so no one can witness it.
Me too! I haven't eaten meat in some time but I can't stop thinking about a cornbeef and cabbage meal. Like in my crock pot all day long-smothered in mustard. MMMMM... See there I go

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#37 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 PM

actually cornedbeef and cabbage sounds really good. I made that a few weeks ago. Although I like mine with broth like a soup. I think most people ditch the broth?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#38 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
mcs

though not a vegetarian, i don't usually eat a lot of meat. but, while pregnant, i have also always craaavvvedd it.
also on the food topic (one of my favorites at the moment,) today our bakery had onion cake for the first time this fall (they only make it on fridays in the fall.) my dh has been on a mission for me- going to all of the bakeries around that are owned by this family and asking when they will make it- trying to build up the idea of demand. lol. but, it worked! my true hearts desire was to have it with pumpkin soup, but that didn't work out today. maybe next friday.....

yes, for the hugs to mama's who's dh's will be away. my dh has to take classes once a month for the weekend and i am feeling sad about that.... i think you are all very brave.
but, i am happy for your good news oki mom!
and, yours too echo- i am happy (and impressed,) that you are finding your way up and over the news so quickly.

my ultra sound is on the 20th. i can't wait to find the sex!! i havn't had any trouble seeing before, so i hope that it will go well this time. we have a boy's name and i have a feeling, but i know that i don't "know." i will be excited either way, but my dh and dd1 are both convinced that i have my heart set on another girl. strange.....maybe they just both really want a boy.

i still need to figure out the birth system here/ find a new provider, but it is hard b/c i still hope that we will buy a house and a lot depends on where it is. at the only certain centrally located hospital, your provider doesn't come for the birth- you just use what ever dr/midwife is on duty. this seems soo bizarre to me. i got a number for a midwife who speaks english really well, and though i know that she can't work for me, i am hoping that she can help me sort things out.

and, speaking of houses- we will look at another on tuesday. i am really excited- from the outside dh and i both really like it. only still wondering how it is on the inside and if we love the location. but, unbelievably, it is in our price range with a little left over for repairs (it was built in the 1700's and i am sure is in some need of updates)

i had a crazy cleaning urge today and the house looks great, but my lower back is really really sore and i had some weird cramping from the lower back down to my rectum. i think i will take it easy tomorrow.
our landlord/lady are out of town and we have full use of the back yard- i think it will be the day to take real advantage of it.....except for a kids flea market in the morning.....

off to see about convincing dh that i need a back rub.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#39 of 42 Old 09-10-2010, 06:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I (of course) haven't been able to reach DH since making the appointment so he doesnt know yet. From last time I talked to him things just aren't going right with them right now so he has had a bad couple of days.
Sweet- Lester is getting BAD. When I was there last I had a room with vomit all over it, the NICU nurses threatened to tell CPS that I was refusing to feed my baby and have her taken from me if I didn't give her formula, the C-Section rate is at like 25-30 percent. I know like 1 other person from the 20 I know who gave birth over here that had a vaginal birth. She was told they didnt care what she wanted though and she could just shut up when she told them she wanted to hold the baby after she was born. That place really is scary. I really don't want to give birth there again but the thought of giving birth at a Japanese hospital is just as scary. 1) they dont' speak English, 2) they don't believe in exclusive breastfeeding and 3) you have to stay there 5 days and they don't allow rooming in. I wish homebirth was an option

My 21 month old is driving me BATTY. DH left 2 days ago and she hasn't slept in longer than 20 minute stretches since then. She keeps waking up screaming for Daddy and takes forever to go back to sleep. I feel bad for her but its not like this is the first time hes left. Since she was born we have been away from him almost 10 months (between trips Ive taken and trips hes taken) of the 21 months of her life. I would think she would be use to it by now. I really need some sleep.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#40 of 42 Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 PM

OkiMom- My sister follows the blog, and I think goes to a natual family group on Oki, with a lady who did a hb with a midwife! I think...I'll check....

That being said she is going to Lester so IDK if it's all that easy or possible. I am so sorry about Lester. I got out w/o a CS but JUST barely. It was close but they said that I might need one and so I shoved, I mean SHOVED him out. Motivation squared. Oy.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#41 of 42 Old 09-11-2010, 06:13 PM

My stepdaughter had her son yesterday , so therefore I am now a stepgrandma. i have my next appointment on the 22nd and haven't got my bloodwork done yet oops, so I have to do it this week without fail.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#42 of 42 Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post
It's my son's 2nd b-day today. Anyone else have kids close in age like this ? I'm a little worried how he will react to his new baby brothers.
My 2nd and 3rd are roughly 16 months apart. There wasn't any sibling issues until...well now! DS1 is in a hitting phase.

When DS2 was born it was confusing for him being so little but he didn't have a negative reaction.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page