September's almost OVER weekly chat!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post
It suddenly occured to me that I've never done the newborn at home thing before. I'm starting to wonder if it'll be much different. I am guessing just more tiring, since I'll be home with the baby from the get-go and have 2 small kids at home. But I've never done cord care, first bath, meconium diapers... I've never nursed right after birth. Strange. It makes me a little anxious. And this baby is going to look like a total giant.
mrs music that's really exciting! I bet it will be a healing eperience for you.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 PM

It is exciting.

So I was a little concerned because I'd gained quite a bit of weight so far (even though it still keeps me well within the normal range) and I guess I can stop feeling fat. It's because my fundus is measuring a few fingers ABOVE my belly button already. My midwife actually asked me if Sally (the u/s tech at the OB's office) made sure I wasn't having twins. My blood pressure was 90/52... so she said that's probably why I was a bit dizzy after doing the fair last weekend. My anatomy scan is on the 5th.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 PM

I'm 19 weeks and we had our anatomy scan on Monday. Didn't find out the sex - this hospital won't tell us, but we didn't really want to know anyway. Otherwise, everything looks great. The only sad bit was that the tech couldn't get any good pictures because baby was hiding with his/her face as far down as possible.

Feeling lots of movement here though it's still that kind of popping, flittering low down that actually kind of makes me feel nauseated. I'm looking forward to it moving up and feeling more like kicks. It's gotten very frequent though and I can see my belly move too. Ds got to feel it the other day and he got so excited.

We had finally agreed on a boy name recently but last week, dh came home not really liking it. Ugh. We'll see what happens. Funnily enough, he came home suggesting a name that I had loved in my first pregnancy and he vetoed back then. And now, I'm not into it anymore. I had been so relieved that we had a boy name picked because it was the only thing holding me back from genuinely not caring about the gender - we have a great girl's name picked but every pregnancy have found boys' names impossible.

My belly popped out last week and I've gained 6 Lbs in the last two weeks. I'm happy to be finally making the upward curve. I didn't eat much in the first tri because I felt terrible and I'm very thin to begin with. I'm always happy to gain weight while pregnant. And happy to finally be looking at least a little pregnant.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 AM

I finally look pregnant too. I hadn't stepped on the scale for a while so I was really surprised to see a 5LB gain. I had only gained 5 so far and am 22wks. So now I am up to 10lbs. Kind of weird how I doulbed my weight gain all at once?

DH has been on vacation all week and it has been overwhelming for me. We normally work opposite shifts while the other one parents. I guess in a lot of ways we live like were single. So when we finally get time together he is really clingy. He doesn't like me just doing my normal routine he would rather I be his sidekick. Being pregnant and working an incredibly physical job before sunrise is enough for me. It has been nice to have the parenting help but I just want to relax when I get home. I guess our dynamics are a little out of the ordinary.

We live this way out of neccesity not choice so I guess him missing me is part of what I have to roll with. It is sweet but I'm just pregnant and tired.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 02:18 AM

Could you get him to give you an hour to yourself each night to go take a bubble bath with a book? Then you can be all relaxed after your day of work and his clingy-ness should be less bothersome. I don't work, so I imagine how you feel is a lot like how DH feels about me.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM
mcs

trekkingirl- my dh works a lot and even though some days are hard and i wish i had him around, sometimes after he has worked a lot and then has vacation, i get overwhelmed. it is hard to have another persons energy around, hard to adjust the routine, hard to not be the only adult in charge. i bet that the military or sometimes-solo moms can really relate too. i felt a lot of guilt about it for a while, but talked to some other mothers who had similar feelings.

mrs. music- that is really exciting! the meconium diapers are not the most to look forward to, lol, but nursing after the birth ect... that is a fantasic feeling. i am happy that you will get to experience it. dd1 weighed 6-6 and the clothes i brought to take her home in were all so huge and hysterical. so, for dd2, i found an adorable big-primi sized outfit- she was a very pudgy 8lbs and looked equally funny squeezed into her little sweater suit. this time i guess i will take a few things with me....
twins?? how do you feel about that? does it feel like a real possibility?

bluebirdmama- i have never heard of a hospital that will not tell the sex- why is that?

no weight gain here which i can't understand. i feel giant. i brought home the scale from the lake and that might have been a mistake. i would have just assumed that i had gained a lot. maybe i will make a huge jump in the next week.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:37 PM

ugghhghghg..

Had a no good, very bad day.

Work was rough and tiring.

Then ds decided to slap me in the face when we got home.

We both ended up crying and it took 45 minutes of my DH talking to ds before he was ready to apologize and give me a hug.

I just want to sleep for a week

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 PM

So DH worked from Thursday at 6am to Friday at 5pm. Finally got home to tell me the news hes probably going to be gone half of Dec, half of Jan, might be gone all of Feb (yea, meaning I have no labor support), then most of March. Im not too happy right now but I know its not his choice in the matter. Im still pissed. I wonder if he even told his Colonel when I'm due, with DD2 he didn't want to rock the boat.. took me mentioning to his Col's wife for him to be released from the trip he was suppose to take in the end of October.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
ugghhghghg..

Had a no good, very bad day.

Work was rough and tiring.

Then ds decided to slap me in the face when we got home.

We both ended up crying and it took 45 minutes of my DH talking to ds before he was ready to apologize and give me a hug.

I just want to sleep for a week

I'm right there with you, I'm not sure I could think of a work week that has ever been as bad as this. I'm already dreading the fact that I have to return on Monday.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post
mrs. music- that is really exciting! the meconium diapers are not the most to look forward to, lol, but nursing after the birth ect... that is a fantasic feeling. i am happy that you will get to experience it. dd1 weighed 6-6 and the clothes i brought to take her home in were all so huge and hysterical. so, for dd2, i found an adorable big-primi sized outfit- she was a very pudgy 8lbs and looked equally funny squeezed into her little sweater suit. this time i guess i will take a few things with me....
twins?? how do you feel about that? does it feel like a real possibility?
I'm hoping to have this baby at home. When I went in to have each baby, I didn't bring anything with me, of course. So I knew what size to put them by the time they came home. K was finally 5lbs at 10 weeks old, so I brought her an adorable preemie dress (and blankets since May isn't that warm around here sometimes) and since M entered the world at 5lbs 3oz, after 2 weeks he'd managed to gain enough to come home in newborn. He only owned one preemie outfit. I'm planning on no preemie clothes at all this time.

I doubt it's twins. I've had 2 u/s and the tech is pretty thorough. I'll let you know if I end up eating my words after my anatomy scan on Tuesday though. I would have loved twins. This is my last pregnancy and I always wanted 4 kids. I'm probably just huge for no real reason except that I'm on baby #3.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:24 AM

for Holly

One of my SIL's had her baby yesterday! We were down cleaning out my MIL's basement (it got flooded in all the rain we have had) and so we got to see the baby.... GIRL! A new niece. We were all convinced it was a boy. Were we wrong!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!

User Tag List