Not sure what to think (spotting and yeast infection - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

I've had a yeast infection for a few days now. I have only treated it was garlic (orally only), so I'm put nothing in my vagina.

Last night I went pee and noticed a tiny spot of something on the TP. So, I put a square of TP slightly in my vaginal opening and left it there and checked back in 30 minutes. When I took it out, the spot reminded me of what a paper towel looks like if you dab a tiny bug bite with dry blood on it. It happened 3 times and nothing since then.

I haven't scratched a ton, so I'd be surprised if I was bleeding from the yeast infection. Though, that type of spotting sure doesn't seem like it's from my cervix, as it was just a dot and didn't wipe.

Thoughts?

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't worry too much as long as it doesn't happen again (and if it does I would call your midwife/doctor just to see what they think). Even scratching there once could have caused that, as well as sex. Yeast can make the already sensitive girly parts even more sensitive and a little friction can cause slight bleeding.

Are you taking the garlic raw? How much are you taking?

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 PM

You don't have to scratch to have bleeding from a yeast infection at all.
The skin gets really irritates and inflamed and anything, just rubbing together can cause spotting.
In all honesty, I'd skip the garlic and get some real medication if you're already spotting from it. I only get these when pregnant and this time around it's been HORRIBLE. I asked around here and was told to try yougurt suppositories which I did for almost 10 days and the yeast infection in that time got SO BAD it was unreal, totally bleeding and raw. I ended up on 2 cycles of prescriptions drugs to clear it up.
I'm all about using natural remedies when possible, but it didn't work out for me. I did get a drug that is only 1% and a 7 day treatment. it's less strong and I try not to insert the cream WAY up there. It worked finally.

Good luck, they are horrible.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 AM

hope your feeling better soon.

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

Old 09-30-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mamas!!!

Well, my vulva was bleeding last night. Sheesh, I've never had a yeast infection like this. My friend and former MW had a 7 day treatment she gave me, so I'll start that tonight.

I also was positive for nitrates on my pee stick, so she gave me a few more sticks to retest. She mentioned that vaginal beasties can do that when there's no UTI. All I now is I've been contracting for 2 days and I'll sure like to get rid of this junk.

Thanks for replying!!!

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah

User Tag List