Its OCTOBER!!! chat away! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 10-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nia82 at least the weather in the bay today is worlds better than it has been in the last few days. The sun is shining and it finally stopped raining. A great day to fly, but by now you're probably already here!

MrsMusic I would love your sample and coupon for the floridex. I'll PM you if I can remember how, it's been awhile since I've used that function. Thanks, that is really sweet.

Anybody getting hot flashes lately? I notice on days that I work (5am shift) by the afternoon I am all rosy cheeked. I wish I had a cure, it's embarrasing. Any ideas what causes this?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#92 of 99 Old 10-25-2010, 06:21 PM

I've had a few hot flashes. There have been a couple nights that once the kids get into bed, I sit around in my undies next to a window. I'm just too hot otherwise!! I'm glad that's not been a constant thing, it normally happens when I do a lot during the day and get my body temp up. I think it has to do with growing a little heater, at least that's what I've always heard from my mom/aunts/grandmas!!

nia-Sorry to hear about your flight problems. That's a bummer. I hope it all went through ok in the end!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#93 of 99 Old 10-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Yeah, I made it in one piece! But it was very exhausting. Apparently Monday morning is the worst time to fly out of Denver - security was crazy! I avoided the body scanner and waited a tad longer in the line for the normal metal detectors... The body scanner uses low dose x-ray, I'd like to avoid that now...

#94 of 99 Old 10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
mcs

yes, this area is filled with ticks! i was never afraid of the little buggers before, but it seems everyone here has a lyme disease story and this spring, we had to check (and usually found) everyone every day.

oh california.... oh sunshine.... i wish we had a little more.

we went to a meeting/tour of our hospital last night and i am feeling a lot better about everything. the birthing rooms and the over night rooms are beautiful, they have "manditory" 24 hr rooming in (no nursery at all, but if you are really too worn out then one of the midwives will carry your baby in a sling,) they don't do the vitamin k eye drops- for anyone, it is standard to not wash the baby and to let you lift it yourself from the exit to the breast, and on and on. the chief dr, who worked in africa for a long time, even said that they deliver breech births all of the time!

i am feeling more ready everyday now...

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#95 of 99 Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post
yes, this area is filled with ticks! i was never afraid of the little buggers before, but it seems everyone here has a lyme disease story and this spring, we had to check (and usually found) everyone every day.

oh california.... oh sunshine.... i wish we had a little more.

we went to a meeting/tour of our hospital last night and i am feeling a lot better about everything. the birthing rooms and the over night rooms are beautiful, they have "manditory" 24 hr rooming in (no nursery at all, but if you are really too worn out then one of the midwives will carry your baby in a sling,) they don't do the vitamin k eye drops- for anyone, it is standard to not wash the baby and to let you lift it yourself from the exit to the breast, and on and on. the chief dr, who worked in africa for a long time, even said that they deliver breech births all of the time!

i am feeling more ready everyday now...
That sounds like a dream hospital

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#96 of 99 Old 10-27-2010, 08:09 PM

If I got to choose a hospital to deliver at, I'd choose one like that!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#97 of 99 Old 10-27-2010, 09:49 PM

mcs-- that does sound like the best hospital i've heard about...glad you are feeling better about it all!

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#98 of 99 Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post
, even said that they deliver breech births all of the time!
Nice. Even my midwife doesn't do them at home if she knows ahead of time. But a lot of her patients skip the optional 36 week position checking u/s that you're allowed, and then there's really no reason for her to say she can't.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#99 of 99 Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 AM
mcs

it does sound really great- it is hard, having birthed my other two in america, to imagine that some of it is not just talk or that i don't need to have a hard-set face when talking to them about "choices". but, they have some draw backs too- while they have mostly midwives on duty (also a dr, but no nurses,) b/c of insurance issues, you can no longer bring your own as a support person. the "doula" concept is not very well known here, they said they only know of one. and, they require intermittent fetal monitoring. they have the nice kind that you can walk around with, but i was hoping to skip it altogether. we will have a meeting with one of the midwives beforehand to talk more about everything and draw up a birth plan- i will ask more about it then.

in other news....i can't find the halloween costumes!! the girls were going to wear the same costumes that i made last year, but i can. not. find. them.
i am sure that i had a "brilliant idea" about where we would store costumes one day- to be forgotten forever after. i need to do an all out-empty-everything-search in the attic, but the thought is daunting. it is a huge mess up there.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page