Its OCTOBER!!! chat away! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 99 Old 10-02-2010, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, its crazily october, already!! I am 5 months with the twins. Monday, I go to have our genetic counselling(dh is an amputee from a birth defect) and we get another u/s...hopefully these babes will reveal themselves!! I have been shopping a LOT. Yard sale shopping that is. Slowly getting things I need. My sister is having me a shower in Nov and the church is too. So thats coollllllllll.

I am feeling pretty good. Just some upper backache. I had a cyst taken out thursday of my back and the dr gave me some lortab pain pills. I normally dont take them, but I cant take ibuprofen and starting hurting bad last night and didnt have tylenol so I took one and it really helped ALOT with my backache as well as the cyst spot. It feels so much better today too. I am HUGE already, to me, of course. I feel the babes moving all the time, they really like to move at 4am.....so I guess thats going to be their wakeup time.

How is everyone??

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 99 Old 10-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Well October-where did you come from?

Feeling pretty great, finally starting to look pregnant. Today I was at the hardware store and the clerk said-"oh, when are you due?" My first public questioning-made me feel great.

We are preparing for our first winter on the island-hence the hardware store visit. Getting things that we will need for the power outages, apparently it is predicted (by whom I have no idea) to be a cold and snowy winter.

Got some paint for DD and future baby room-Shea Butter which is a nice orange yellow. Going to start working on their room this weekend. Also planning a Thanksgiving next weekend for 15! So exciting!!!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#3 of 99 Old 10-02-2010, 05:07 PM

The twins are moving like crazy these days, i can't believe how much time has passed! I'm so excited for their birth, hopefully I'll be getting a video camera for Christmas so I can film it.

I have only picked up a few things for them, definitely need to get some more stuff. I'm having a small shower in November , so hopefully I'll get a few things I need then.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#4 of 99 Old 10-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Its midnight and I can't sleep ughs...

There was a Carters sale at the PX this weekend, 50% off all carters items so of course I got some. Technically I should have waited but I know so many pregnant ladies right now I know I will find someone to give any I dont' want to keep to. Didn't help my girls were with me so they kept on sneaking outfits in and I didn't realize it until I got out to the car and thought "wow that seemed high" checking the bag I realized why, sneaky little kids! Got to love them anyway, at least the outfits they picked weren't bad.

I picked up a changing pad at the thrift store as well since they can be hard to come by over here. DH is really adamant about having a changing table with this one, don't blame him since changing DD2 was interesting at times with DD1 trying to "help" me. He worries the baby might get hurt with all the "help" Ill be getting.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#5 of 99 Old 10-03-2010, 02:26 PM

THIS BABY NEEDS TO LEAVE MY CERVIX ALONE!!

I swear 95% of the movement i'm feeling is the kid jabbing me in the cervix...feels like someone scratching it from the inside and sometimes I swear that if i had had my fingers in my vagina i'd feel the kid kicking right into it!! lol.

It's such an intense feeling i literally go "ooooh!" and jump a little every time it happens which has been 89447938022 times today! lol.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#6 of 99 Old 10-03-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post

I swear 95% of the movement i'm feeling is the kid jabbing me in the cervix...feels like someone scratching it from the inside and sometimes I swear that if i had had my fingers in my vagina i'd feel the kid kicking right into it!! lol.

It's such an intense feeling i literally go "ooooh!" and jump a little every time it happens which has been 89447938022 times today! lol.
Oooooh, that's the worst, holly <----- that was the look I had on my face whenever DS would do that to me (which was quite often, starting about mid-second tri). It felt like he was using it as a trampoline!! I'm sorry you're having to go through that. Hopefully your baby will turn soon so you can get some relief

I'm doing really well these days. I just moved in with my parents to have their support and be near extended family. We're in Friendswood, TX (near Houston) and it's been enjoyable so far. After having lived in Portland, OR for a few years, the climate sure is a welcome change I'm still feeling a bit sad that my relationship with my baby's father didn't work out, but at least my son's father will be living nearby to help take care of him. I've had a lot of upheaval the last few years, it feels good to be settling in for awhile.

I found a midwife I really like here, I'm going to start seeing her next week. I'm still wondering whether or not there are two in there, maybe she can tell me without having to do an ultrasound but if it comes to that then I don't mind.
#7 of 99 Old 10-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Not much to report here. I am excited about the cooler weather. Except I need to think about getting a coat. I am feeling the baby move all the time now. Dh and the kids have felt it too. It's one of my favorite times of pregnancy. We are also looking into getting another vehicle. I'm sort of excited. We are looking at conversion vans. With soon to be 6 children - only 1 out of a booster/car seat, my beloved extended version Escalade is going to be too small. I do not want to drive a conversion van. But there is no bus for my kids in school, and we live a very busy life so I need something that my kids actually fit in. What does everyone else drive? Especially with a bunch of kids like me? I am very strict on car seat and booster seats. Anyone else needing a bigger vehicle?

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#8 of 99 Old 10-03-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post

I am there with you that feeling really makes me jump up. I also at times feel my vulva is swelled. This pregnancy really different from my last two.

I will also be moving to an apt. this month (how fun) for only 8 months!! Well that is hoping DH temp to permanent job because permanent. If it does then we will be moving again when the baby is around 4 months!!

I am also trying to wean my youngest in the next 2 months. I have no idea if my milk dried up as she still likes to nurse, but she eats alot too.

Oh we also got a new vechicle, well new to us, it is a 2006 Ford Freestyle. Three carseats will not fit in back of our 99 Nissan Maxima but to top it off DH now works 45mins to a hour away and we can no longer share the same car (he use to work only 13mins away). It is much easier with two cars now. As I needed to car 5 days a week to take DS to this parttime preschool(3 days a week) and then the other 2 days is his speech therapy. So I did alot of running up on down between dropping DH to work coming back home, getting the kids ready, blah blah blah picking DH back up from work.

Anyways I talked enough, I need to come here more often, been so busy looking for a temp apt. to move into.
#9 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM

DD2 liked to kick my cervix as well, ouch! This one prefers the bladder..

We need to look at vans if we stay out here. With 3 its either a van or a five passanger sedan.. But with the sedan we can't transport anyone else and we will run into the same problem we have now when we go camping or traveling, no cargo space. I just don't know if Im ready to jump into vans right now.

I have the 20 week ultrasound tomorrow, Im almost 23 weeks but it was the first time they could get me in. Dh is looking forward to finding out the gender. Im not looking forward to explaining to DD1 and DD2 if this ends up being a girl. They are both very adament they want a brother.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#10 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 AM

dex_millie, I drive a 2006 Freestyle, and loooooove it! I hope you love yours, too. I had to get a small pillow for lumbar support a couple months ago, I don't love the driver's seat for comfort and support especially, but otherwise, yeah.

Speaking of cars... I'm trying to decide who's going to the back row or if both kids are going to the back row when baby gets here. My oldest is completely carseat independent except for being able to unbuckle himself all the way, my youngest can buckle herself in if she's not wearing too many clothes on any particular day (straps get tighter when Ms Fabulous has on a poofy skirt and a sweater and all kinds of fabulous wear when the day before her seat was adjusted for shorts and a t-shirt). So in theory I could take out one middle seat and have that as the passageway to the back, put baby in the middle row where I could see/reach her.... I have time, I know. Just trying to think ahead to prepare the kids.

I think baby chilled out for a few days last week and took some time to grow, did a lot of sleeping. I hardly felt her move at all, none of her appreciative dancing after I feed her or give her caffiene...she's back to her regular self lately, which is nice. I need reassurance! I think babies in utero aren't that different from babies on the outside except there are no diapers to change, you have free use of both of your hands, and you don't have to be one step ahead of the upset baby or face a crying meltdown. Yes, pregnancy is much easier than babydom.

Mommy to ds (4.5), dd(3) and growing a little Valentine's Day babe!
#11 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM

I was feeling a lot of uncomfortable kicks in my cervix too. Although I think baby finally turned because now I feel them near my ribs! There were a few times where I actually yelled out because that kick to the cervix just caught me off gaurd.

DH finally went back to work today and I am so happy to be back to the routine. I guess I'm set in my ways, LOL.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#12 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 PM

I don't even want to talk about all the stuff I need to get before this baby gets here. DH finds out the sex tomorrow. And we leave for Vegas for the weekend on Thursday morning. The kids will be staying with my mom and grandma.... I hope they can handle it. They NEVER keep them on the schedule and so they tend to skip naps and stay up several hours late and become hellish little monsters. Good luck to them. I tell them EVERY time the kids stay the night to just follow the rules and they'll be fine. Oh well.

DH felt the baby move last night. He said it felt like I had a chicken bone poking out at him. And then said it was kinda creepy and reminded him of alien.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#13 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Tresa, how do your children behave when sitting together? Mine would be upset if I moved her away from her sister (they pass drinks/snacks/toys/books etc back and forth) so if it was me I would move them both back to the back so they could be together. Then put the baby in the second row so its easier to get her in and out of the car. We are talking about a van right now, the girls are neither car seat independant but Im probably going to put them both in the back and then the baby in the second seat that way 1) they are still together I don't have to hear them yelling for each other and 2) I can sit with the baby on long trips or if he/she is particularly fussy. The only problem is DD1 and DD2 are both asking if the baby can sit between them or they can play with him/her if she/he gets fussy. So I have to explain why they can't (even if it was a possibility, I don't trust the baby next to them, I can see them trying to give him/her a cup or food if he/she is crying).

Anyone thinking of hiring a housekeeper for right after the baby's birth? Since it seems like DH might not be home Im debating pricing one for once a week for a month to do the main areas Im worried about (kitchen, bathrooms, living/dining room). I don't know if I want to since Im not a fan of people coming in and being around me right after birth. I have a low tolerance for others, just ask my hubby.

One last thing, the Holiday Helpers thread is up and running! Be sure to stop by and check it out. Its making me want some gingerbread men and egg nog with snow outside and a fireplace inside. Oh and some Christmas music/movies. I love Christmas time!

#14 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorthmama View Post
We are preparing for our first winter on the island-hence the hardware store visit. Getting things that we will need for the power outages, apparently it is predicted (by whom I have no idea) to be a cold and snowy winter.
Where did you live before coming to the Island? We moved here from Vancouver two years ago. We definitely do seem to get a fair amount of winter storms. I didn't know this was supposed to be a snowy year.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#15 of 99 Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM

I had a m/w appt today and got the results of last weeks ultrasound- baby Marvin is looking totally healthy, and looking like a BOY!

Sorry to hear about all of you with the cervix kicks, I'm getting rib kicks mostly. Makes it difficult to sit in a vehicle, if I'm too erect baby kicks me and jiggles around in my ribs so I have to recline the seat. I know that happened previously too, but I'm only 21 wks, still a long time to go! Baby is all over the place though, lots of bumps and kicks now.

So happy he's looking healthy! Starting to get really excited about this baby! Also a little sad because this will be my last baby and it's going by so quickly

Now I can start going through the clothes I have though and see what I need. Also today we got dd a boxspring & dh had acquired another bedframe from work so now we can do underbed storage for both our kids- big kid toys under ds' bed & baby clothes under dd's Baby will sleep in our room until he's ready for a big bed (so at least a year) then we'll have to figure out what to do with all the kids!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#16 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
mcs

i am happy to have never experienced a foot in my cervix- it sounds terrible. i can't believe though, that i didn't have it with dd1- she was transverse with one foot towards my cervix. i guess i can list that as one lucky thing from an unlucky pregnancy.

i don't think that we will be getting a bigger car- i drive a citron picasso, which is, a bigger midsized car (kind of a size specific to europe,) and my dh drives an old vw gulf. the baby will, i guess, have to go between the girls. i worry too about over-handling/over-helping in the back seat. we will have to see how it goes. the citron is a great car, but terrible in the snow- i wish for that reason too that we could get another- they don't really do a lot of snow removal here. you are expected to have good snow tires and be a good driver.

i have been wondering how to make our bedroom situation work once the baby comes. right now, the girls share a twin size bed in a small room adjoined to ours- separated only by a curtain. we have enough space in our room for a crib (we are going to try to have the baby in a crib for the first part of the night, though it has never worked before..) but the noise worries me. i don't want the girls to wake up all of the time with the baby.
it might be that the baby and i end up in the living room (where we have a twin bed as a "day bed") but i really don't like to use the living room in that way- i think it would mean chaos and confusion and never a real nights sleep. the other option is to give up on having a living room and stick the girls in there- i feel bad that they are in such a little bed. but, then dh and i would have no privacy at all for the evenings.
i just want my own house!!!

someone mentioned that they feel like their vulva is swollen and i feel this too. i feel loose, like i need to do more keegles- or like the baby will just fall out. i don't like it.

trekkngirl- yea! for the old routine!

okimom- yea! for a boy! i'll say it here b/c my connection is so slow.

also, through our insurance, we will be eligible for some help around the house. i am not sure for how long or what duties they do. i hope for cleaning. i worry about lack of privacy too- i hope that i will be able to let go a little and accept the help- that can be hard for me.
and- another boo for the military for not providing something for new mothers with husbands gone!

and congratulations cujo on the boy!

bluebirdmama and cujo- which island?

mrs. music- have funnnnn!

i scheduled another sonogram to find out the sex. i have always been a little leary of u/s so i am surprised by myself, but i have to say- not knowing is just driving me crazy. i wonder how so many of you choose not to know! am i lacking a sense of adventure or patience or both?? lol.

i kept the girls home from kindergarten today b/c they both have colds that just keep getting worse. i gave them a little water to wash gem stones in and suddenly, i hear a lot of water being poured- i better check out the situation.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#17 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 PM

just made my very first do-it-yourself gauze wrap! It's a 5.5 yard purple gauze, 24 inches wide that I bought and cut from Joann Fabrics. I love the color and I'm excited that the new babe will have something I made!

I figure this wrap will work well when we travel to central america and deal with the heat!!

I wrapped my 2 year old in a back rucksack carry and a cross carry and they both worked well

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#18 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM

carriebft, pics???

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#19 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Normally I'm not a whiner but I'm really sad that my family is lame and that I don't have more friends, I'm going to have the world's smallest baby shower, i feel like such a loser

#20 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 03:59 PM

http://yfrog.com/jnpict00681j

quick pic!

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#21 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM

really pretty shade of purple =)

#22 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula13 View Post
Normally I'm not a whiner but I'm really sad that my family is lame and that I don't have more friends, I'm going to have the world's smallest baby shower, i feel like such a loser

I have no family in this area...and i feel like I can only get really close to a few people. I have a lot of moms I know from moms groups n such but not to the level that I would have them at a shower or over to the house outside of playdates, kwim? I know how you feel HUG!

#23 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM

sounds like we are in the same boat , thanks for the virtual hug

#24 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Our ultrasound was this morning and everything looks great.
My placenta is posterior and far away from my scar, baby is measuring right on for dates, and we have a thumb-sucker this time around! My scanner has officially died, so no pictures yet. I'm going to have to either take pictures of the pictures or scan them at work.

The midwife emailed and she received my bloodwork today and everything looks good. Good day.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#25 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 PM

chula making friends as an adult has been tough for me too. With my last pregnancy I didn't have a shower but I did register at target. I really felt like a loser when nobody bought a single thing from the registry. I guess that's part of the reason I don't really want to have a shower.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#26 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM

So I had my u/s this morning. I didn't find out the sex! The tech wrote it down and put it in an envelope for DH so he knows. He says he's glad we had her write it down because he had NO IDEA what he was looking at when she peaked down there, and she did it so fast it was a blur.

Anyway, baby looks perfect. Everything is as it should be. S/he kept their hands over their face most of the time, but we did get a face shot. Baby is head down already, and facing my back, which explains the near rib kicks. I imagine there will be lots of rolling around for at least another few weeks though. S/he weighed in at 13oz, and the heart rate was 146bpm.

Chula- I know how you feel. I have a few flaky family members and like ONE female friend. And my dear SIL moved to Lacey. (which is a bit of a drive)

#27 of 99 Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 PM

i appreciate all the understanding and sympathizing ladies and though I'm sad that you are going through the same thing, I have to admit it's nice to know I'm not alone.

#28 of 99 Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention the important detail that my cervix still looks PERFECT. Good thing. I'd hate to think I gave up routine marital relations for nothing.

#29 of 99 Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 AM
mcs

great news mrs. music! that your cervix still looks good.

lyterae- happy for your good day!

friends are a problem for me too. we have just lived in germany for 1 1/2 years, and here, in this village/region, for 1 year. my german is ok, but to have an intimate conversation can still be strenuous- i feel very isolated sometimes. i finally asked one of the moms from the kindergarten if we could get together to talk about how the dr/midwife/hospital system works (we get together occasionally with the kids, but never alone) and it was really-really nice. and she speaks english well, so we spent 3/4 of the time in german, but when it was rough for me, we could switch.

i was supposed to start my german course last week, but they didn't have enough students for my level, and it was canceled. but, now i have registered for the level under and i start tonight.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#30 of 99 Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
chula: s I didn't have any friends with my first baby and I didn't think there was any way I would get everything I needed. My MIL threw a mail-in shower for me and asked people I didn't know (but she knew) to send stuff. I got what I needed, but it was weird to get stuff from strangers. And my MIL is super-proper, so Thank You cards were a must... it's hard to write thank you's to strangers.

Mrs. Music: Glad to hear the good news!

We drive a 2003 Odyssey (sp?) and we like it (lots of cup holders... I love that). The only thing that is annoying is that it was in an accident before we bought it and one of the side doors isn't sealed properly, so it's noisy.

I'm 20 wks today. Starting to feel more movement, but not much. What I do feel is muffled, so I am assuming my placenta is still anterior. I have the big u/s next week. I went to an ICAN meeting last night and it was nice to talk to other women about VBAC and c/s.

Wow. That was a jumbled paragraph! I don't think I am totally awake yet... :yawn

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mommy to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), and two angel babies. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page