Active Momma's! Time to check in! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you active ladies doing?

I have really slowed down the past couple of weeks. My runs have been slowly
cut from 5-6 miles to 3-4. It is hard for me to recover after the longer runs. I started switching it up more with cross training at the gym which is easier on my body. Still weight training 2-3 times a week at the gym too.

I am going to keep trying to keep up 4 miles runs with a 1 mile walk for another month or two.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#2 of 14 Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Still going strong here! took tonight off though

m, t, w, thurs-- I do Total Body Sculpt and then whatever extra workout I get when I am teaching martial arts for 4 hours.

Fri, sat, sun- TBS + 30-45 min walk each night.

I've maintained a lot of tone in my arms and legs but definitely not as much as when I was doing p90x and tougher workouts.

I have gained 15 pounds now which seems like a lot! but I feel like I must be losing muscle mass or something...

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#3 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 AM

Running is out for me these days--it truly feels like my pelvis will come apart. And I'm having stabby cramping pains after, so I've given it up in favor of walking. My plan is to keep up distance, and continue to weight train 2 times a week.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#4 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 AM

Ive been bad and haven't been working out much lately. Im still having morning sickness and any type of exercise makes it worse. Im going to start trying yoga and pilates and if I feel fine with those Ill add more.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#5 of 14 Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM

I'm *trying* to run 1-2x a week but I think I'm going to cut back to run/walks since my belly is feeling so big and it actually gets a little sore from the bouncing. I really hate the gym so I hope to continue run-walking for awhile.

I also do yoga 2-3 times a week and try to swim once a week. Basically I'm trying to do something every day even if it's a very low-key something.

Does anyone know a good place for a belly band thing to support your belly while running/walking?

bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.

#6 of 14 Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Finally getting back into yoga and starting pilates. Finally! Feels good!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#7 of 14 Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM

i'm doing pretty good...i'm still walking about 5 times a week... feel great when i do. and sometimes i'm adding a little extra uphill. my goal is by the end of pregnancy to have the big uphill at the end

as for yoga, i'm finding it extra easy to tweak myself, so i'm pretty low-key still. just 15-20 minutes at home doing whatever feels good. not too taxing...i've definitely lost muscle mass because i was doing much more intense yoga before. but, i'm fine with that...i feel like i'm still getting lots of benefits of the stretching, opening and relaxing.

also, when i teach yoga now, i no longer demonstrate i miss that, but that's definitely when i was tweaking myself the easiest... so, for now until the end, i think someone else is demonstrating and i'm the guide.

glad to still be active and feeling much better when i am!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#8 of 14 Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM

Ah! I haven't checked in here for a while....Still going, but slower and more in tune w/some virus that went through our house.
I do prenatal yoga 2x a week, prenatal pilates 2x a week and try to do some cardio at least 1 -2x. I've gained about 10 lbs and am 23 weeks. I really want to keep going, I feel like the baby is fine w/it.

I found myself looking forward to not being pregnant the other day and working out again/getting in shape (a shape that is not round and pregnant)I think I've officially reached the part where I don't feel as always awesome about my changing body but am def. looking foward to meeting the little guy.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
#9 of 14 Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 PM

i am still going to zumba 2x a week, sometimes 3x.

i love it. i didn't work out with my first pregnancy, and i have noticed a difference in how i feel. my back doesn't hurt and i feel like i have more stamina. i also haven't gained weight as quickly.

i hope to keep it up until i go into labor!

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .
#10 of 14 Old 10-11-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

I am dragging myself to the gym tomorrow. Upper body work out and hopefully 45 minute of cardio. I need to run! The problem is I do not have the energy in the evening. If I don't go during the day, it doesn't happen!

#11 of 14 Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl View Post
I The problem is I do not have the energy in the evening. If I don't go during the day, it doesn't happen!
me too! it has to be the morning...and even before the sun gets too warm otherwise...it doesn't happen!

have fun tomorrow am!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#12 of 14 Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I made it and had a GREAT workout. It works great for me Tu/Thu because my gym also has a homeschool PE class. SO my older two go there while my younger one goes to the kids club and I get to work out.

Tomorrow is my turn to walk the dogs so I am planning a 4 mile hill run.

#13 of 14 Old 10-12-2010, 02:59 PM

I'm so jealous of you running mommies...I ran the first few months but the heat got me and I know I couldn't start again now that the weather is cooler because my ligaments and whatnot would just not be use to it.

Today I did 10 min hip/thigh 10 min butt 10 min arms and then a 30 min walk with the kids in the sit n stand stroller.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#14 of 14 Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM

I'm so jealous of those of you who can run!
I'm not allowed to (high-risk pregnancy), and I miss it like crazy.
I swim, 2-3 mornings a week, but it's not the same. It's what I'm allowed to do though. And I walk every day. And do Yoga and/or QiGong every day.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page