Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New England
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I switched at 28wks last time. But it wasn't too hard because the midwife I switched to I'd actually been in contact with since before I got pg, she was just waiting on hearing if she would still be covered by my insurance so I was seeing an OB nearby.
And this time I am going to try to switch clinics now. I've already had to be switched once when they found out it was twins and the midwife group I was seeing couldn't take me anymore. The hospital I'm delivering at has some public health clinics around the area and so I've been going to one closer to me so I wouldn't have to go all the way to the hospital for all my appts, but after today's appt I will not go back to that clinic. The dr that I have seen for my last two appts knows nothing about twins, couldn't answer my questions or even do an u/s properly and I wouldn't even trust him if I were low-risk. Plus I waited over an hour to be seen. So even though the hospital is further away I'm going to call and ask if I can be transferred to one of the high-risk OBs up there that I've heard good things about.
I'd say if you are unhappy with the care you are getting and have the chance to switch to better care than do it.
bf-ing, family bedding, head-mostly-in-clouds mama to one awesome big boy (08/08), one angel (01/10), a crazy little boy (02/11) and two neurotic cats. New arrival in June?!!! Raising kids bilingual - EN/SP.