stretch marks!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I knew it was going to happen but I am still shocked to see them!!
#2 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 10:45 AM

I'm sorry. I have no idea how I got the lucky roll of the dice but I *knock on wood* haven't gotten any on my stomach, through 2 60#+ pregnancy gains. Although I have some faint ones on my boobs from getting GINORMOUS.

Do they itch? I've been trying to be good about using lotion on my skin, it's like sandpaper---so dry.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#3 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 10:48 AM

That stinks :P I've noticed that a couple of my old ones are starting to become a little more noticeable. With my other pregnancies I didn't get any while pregnant, they were caused by the stretching and pulling during my c/s's. Don't think I'll be able to avoid getting any this time lol.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#4 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM

i haven't noticed any new ones...just the ones from my mast pregnancy stretching out again. sort of like a balloon that was all stretched out, then deflated, then blown up again?

yeah. like that.

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .
#5 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 AM

None for me yet..gained 45 pounds so far. My boobs have a few silver ones from my pregnancy 17 years ago though. Hoping to escape them with this twin pregnancy!! yeah,r ight!!!!! LOL

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#6 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

These are huge and purple.

I think I am just prone to them. I got them all over my hips when I grew my hips (and it wasn't fat, just getting normal hips), and all over my breasts when I got breasts as an adolescent. I remember the ones on my hips itched and burned. These ones don't itch at least.
#7 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 02:41 PM

I don't have any new ones, but I can def see all the ones i got with ds. I didn't even get them until like the last week of pregnancy last time but i got a ton!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#8 of 17 Old 10-23-2010, 12:54 AM

i don't see any...but i've definitely had an itchy stomach the last few days...i've been putting on extra olive oil. i can feel the skin stretching... we'll see if i get any. my mom didn't get any, but i think i've already bypassed her in pregnancy weight gain...i don't have any from any other time in my life...but i'm going to be far bigger than any other time in my life

we'll see...

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#9 of 17 Old 10-23-2010, 11:45 AM

None here yet, but I'm sooooo itchy that I feel like it's just a matter of time (although maybe I'm wrong and they're unrelated). Raw shea butter's been helping me a ton with the itchiness and I'm hoping will prevent some stretch marks, but I know it actually won't prevent anything .

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#10 of 17 Old 10-23-2010, 03:39 PM

I got horrible stretch marks with my first pregnancy. Last go around I didn't really get any new ones and the old ones didnt get any worse, so here's hoping that's in store for me again. I also think I'm prone to them. I got a few in college when I gained the freshman 15 which was def the most weight I ever put on that was nothing just excess. So 30+lbs of baby definately did me in!

Kelley, my skin always gets itchy this time of year. For me it has nothing to do with stretch marks and everything to do with dry winter skin. So here's hoping that's all it is for you, too!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#11 of 17 Old 10-23-2010, 07:22 PM

I not only got all my stretch marks from 30 weeks on last time, I got the PUPPP rash with it. (More likely in a situation with rapid increase in stretch marks)

No new ones, but I've still got lots of extra skin to get through yet - I'm still -10lbs from the first trimester.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#12 of 17 Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 PM

I'm actually due in early March, no new ones yet so far at 20ish weeks...with my first I didn't get them till 35 weeks and just got a couple...with my second I got a lot, and earlier...weight gain was pretty parallel both times. My tummy, and actually the rest of my body is really itchy though....I did use the Mustela tummy lotion the first time and not the second because it is so pricey. This time I am using it again in case it helped me avoid the stretch marks. Don't know how much I've gained but at least 15 probably more. I gained & lost about 50 each time.
#13 of 17 Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM

I didn't get any with my first until about 35 weeks. I got one tiny stretch mark and thought, "Well, this isn't so bad!"

And then the next 4 weeks happened.

Mine still aren't terrible, but I love the PP's comment about a balloon being stretched out, deflated, and stretched again. I agree with this 100%!!

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#14 of 17 Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Mine are PURPLE! I just picked up some Palmer's cocoa butter and it is really helping, I wish I had started using it sooner.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#15 of 17 Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 AM

I don't have any on my belly yet... and I can't tell if I have any new ones on my thighs or butt, since that's where they were last time. But I imagine it can't get too much worse there so I'm not too worried about it. They fade and DH obviously loves me anyway since they were there when he met me! I'd really like to get lucky and not get them on my belly though. The most I've ever weighed was 155, and I'm expecting I'll get past that by about 5lbs this pregnancy. We'll see how it goes.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#16 of 17 Old 10-29-2010, 03:38 AM

lol... i thought i was getting away easy with my first reallly nothing till the the last three weeks... and then pop tons of little ones all over.. and i means tons...

I haven't noticed any new ones yet but the old ones are getting noticable again

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#17 of 17 Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 AM

In general alot of people conclude that creams don't work. They do indeed work, consistency however is the key. People are too anxious all the time and stop using a product after a short time if they don't see quick results after days or a week. Only with chemical peels for acne does that happen. I had success with Ecel Skin Care's all purpose cream, good for scars as well. 

They have a store on Amazon which has the best prices. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page