What do you have left to do? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 213 Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Woohoo! Finally worked up the motivation to clean the minivan and install the carseat! And of course, since it was all piling up in the garage, I packed up a ton of things to go to the thrift store and have them in the car ready to give, and since there were 324345 pairs of shoes and coats in the car, I organized the closet after putting them back. All in my jammies, before breakfast. Go nesting urge!

-clean car and install carseat

-make room in freezer for freezer meals coming at the baby shower

-go to cloth diaper store and pick up a few more covers and some snappis

-pack a just-in-case bag for the hospital, even though we're planning a homebirth

-figure out what to feed the midwives/birth crew during labor and prepare as much of that as possible in advance

-pull cradle out of the garage, wipe down, decide if it's really that important to me to make a new sheet/bumper or if I can tolerate the ugly pattern that's ready to go, and then put in our bedroom

-order birth tub liner, figure out logistics of hose hook-up

-take last set of professional maternity photographs (it's so nice having a good friend that's a photographer)

-buy a mattress protector, decide which sheets to ruin

-replace batteries in baby bouncer

-freeze some postpartum cloth pads with witch hazel

-pick up remaining items left on homebirth supply list

-buy baby book, fill out more pages in DD's book

-wash and organize pump and parts

-do more squats as SPD allows, begin taking RRL in a few weeks

-put together tandem stroller once it gets here

-get out slings, wraps

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#122 of 213 Old 01-07-2011, 11:10 PM

cleaning

ordering carseats

picking up birthkit

Otherwise I think we have the essentials down.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#123 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 08:44 AM

uh, i havent done anything to prepare for this baby bigeyes.gif my sil dropped off some stuff, it's all in the garage still.

-clean carseat & base

-install the carseat & base

-set up the changing table & measure the shelves

-buy baskets for the shelves

-wash all the nb clothes and put them away

-pack hospital bag

-come up with a birth plan

-decide if we will use the crib, if so put it together, if not return it to sil

-buy diaper pail and a few other things

we have a chance of snow here tomorrow and if it does we wont be going anywhere so i told dh we should clean the house...we'll see how that goes.

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#124 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 02:18 PM

We've ben busy getting the house ready to put on the markert, so most (ok- all) of what I'm doing isn't baby related.  But next week we head up to my parents' and I'll be able to focus on baby stuff & settling in (temporarily) from there.

So far we've gone room by room:

Bedrooms: Washed all 3 bedrooms' walls, baseboards & chair rails, Deep vacuumed, organized closets, etc.

Living room: Washed walls,baseboards & chairails, cleaned fire place, deep vacuumed, cleaned furniture, removed family pictures & staged or sale

Bathrooms: Washed walls, baseboards, floors, scrubbed sinks, faucets, tubs & showers, organized cabinets

Front room: Washed walls, floors, etc; cleaned light fixture, staged for sale

Everywhere: Cleaned ceiling fans & air registers, Washed windows inside & out

DH is working outside today getting the last of the leafs up, edging, etc.

All that's let is the dining room & kitchen:

Washing walls, cleaning the stove, oven, fridge & microwave, scrubbing the floors, decluttering the cabinets, staging the dining room table. Cleaning out pantry.  Probably a few more things I can't remember.

Carpet cleaners are coming on Tuesday.

Lastly we'll be packing our clothes & DS toys to take with us.

I can't wait to be done with the house sale prep.  Now I'm praying that it sells fast!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#125 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Im so glad to see everyone being so productive! It almost makes me motivated to start. If my apartment wasn't like 40 F Id do something.. really I would. Right now Im thinking hot bath, hot cocoa and figuring out if I have anything long sleeved that fits since all my sweaters are dirty right now.

Last week I didn't get much done.. I went through the list and realized that its just not happening. DD1 has no interest in doing anything other than have me read to her, paint and play with playdough so no reason to try to do plans that are just not going to happen right now. DH says its kind of pointless anyway to start doing preschool, in 3 weeks stop for a month and a half or so, do it for another 2-3 weeks, stop for 4 months etc.. So Im going to get a boxed curiculum after we move (figured right now it would fit better for our lifestyle, three kids 4 and under is going to take up a lot of time) and try again in September. Hopefully DD's interest will be peaked when she sees all the books (shes a book lover, anything and everything) and I won't be so stressed with the move and all. I am still doing the activity kits but those are not hard, more a motivation problem and the file folder games. I did print out 10 of them and colored them (I dont' use colored ink since my printer goes through a LOT and its expensive), Im putting them together and then going from there. Have to find my double sided tape first.

This week Im concentrating mostly on the front area of the apartment, trying to get some resemblence of order before the baby. I've been slacking off in my cleaning and its showing. All my semi-annual cleaning stuff I do in January to and I want to get them done prior to baby. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as last year when half the house had mold issues. To dos for the week:

Kitchen:

Organize cupboards/drawers- 1/2 done

Spot clean walls- 1/2 done

Clean cupboard faces 1/2 done

organize baking cupboard (looks like a bomb went off in it!)

declutter for move

scrub floor- 1/2 done

wash inside/outside of washer and dryer

replace main light blubs, they blew and theres only one place that sells replacements thats of course only opened M-F 8am-4pm.

Living/dining room:

Dust TV

Fix zipper (first need to find one that would work to fix it!)

dust collectibles

clean china hutch

dust picture frames

wipe down window/runners

Re-frame marriage certificate

Frame discharge certificate (got my honorable discharge certificate in the mail the other day, want to frame it before it gets ruined.. I worked hard for that thing!)

wash rugs

declutter shoes, put box away where it belongs

spot clean walls

Hallway

Organize games

Neaten linen closet

spot clean walls

scrub floor

Baby/moving Prep-

call Amazon and have they resend the carseat if it isn't here by Friday.. Try not to stress about it.

Finish up the big sister gifts

Get the rest of the babysitter's thank you gift

wrap the gifts

Work on file folders, put together the 10 Ive already done and print/color 10 more- on hold, my laminator killed itself so it needs replacing. Im going to print out and color a bunch of them while waiting for the new laminator to get here.

work on activity kits- put together the 10 I have already brainstormed, think up and put together 10 more

Read the book on North Carolina I just got.. started, Im reading this in slow chunks, its one of the driest books Ive read in a while

Things to freeze: (Im making a double of all, freezing one and ones for lunch/dinner)

lasagna

jambalya

mex beef and bean cassarole

stroganoff

3 loaves french bread

vegetable soup

chicken tetrazini

cheesy chili tops

open faced pizza burgers-Friday

Chili mac- Friday

pizza pasta- Saturday

2 loaves regular bread (forgot how much the kids love homemade bread)- Saturday

Sewing things to work on this week or so:

nursing cover, hospital gown(printing out the pattern right now), travel jewelry case, red dress (almost done), purple skirt(almost done), start baby hat/booties, flower skirt, red nursing top (have to figure out if I have the fabric for it first), E's birthday (or travel) skirt and top, hair tie organizer for birthday, doll dresses/bloomers, purple top

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#126 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM

I've done something to get ready FINALLY!  I went shopping with my mom today and got a few more gender-neutral sleepers, hats, a big cuddly blanket, and a cover for the changing table pad.  Then I came home and ordered a carseat, stroller, and crib bedding/nursery decor.  Earlier this week, I sorted through and washed newborn and 0-3 month sized boy and girl clothes.  They are in drawers and the un-needed ones can be packed up easily after the baby is born.  I also went through the baby's closet, threw away some junk, and am trying to get organized.  DH is going to look at the closet with me tonight so we can figure out shelving for in there.

I can hardly wait to get all the stuff I ordered!  It's making it really real to me all of a sudden smile.gif

Now, if we could just finalize a name for a boy.........and pack the hospital bag!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#127 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 07:09 PM

I haven't posted here yet because I'm not big on lists but I only have one thing left to do. For some reason I can't seem to bring myself to do it. That's pack the bag for the hospital. I know there are things that I really would have liked to have last time.

Shower and bathroom items

my wig since I have alopecia and showed up in labor wearing just a scarf (which was really nasty from laboring in it)

a nursing pillow

some food just in case baby arrives after dinner like last time and I had to wait till morning to eat

some DVDs the hospital rooms have flat screens with dvd players but last time I didn't know to bring any

Ok I guess I just started a list.

DH has been nesting like crazy during his vacation this week. He set up the crib and changing table. All the diapers and such are stocked accordingly. The crib sheets have been washed and the crib is made (more for looks, we cosleep) He helped me wash and sort all the baby clothes and he replaced the knobs to DS's old dresser which is now stocked with baby clothes. I washed the covers to the car seats because I bought them early in my pregnancy and they were stored in the garage. We bought a new changing pad for the changing table today. All that's missing is the baby! I'm so gratefull for all the work DH has done because I am having a rough time doing anything without feeling winded. Plus I have been having prodromal labor for a while now. I'm due Feb 2nd so I only have less than four weeks till my EDD. Although my OB thinks I will go early. We shall see.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#128 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hospital bag?? Whats that?

Im bad about packing the bags because it seems so final to me (yea I know the big belly, constant kicking, shortness of breath etc should kind of give it away that Im due soon). I promised DH Ill remember to pack a bag this time, maybe I should write that down huh?

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#129 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 PM

A bag!  Yes.  This is a good idea.  Maybe I'll just do it one of these days.  Duh!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#130 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 08:11 PM

I have had a huge burst of energy this week as far as baby prep goes. It's really unfortunate that it irritates my SPD as much as it does though- DH hasn't been around much so I've found myself assembling the tandem stroller, dragging the hardwood cradle out of the garage, etc. What a double-edged sword- so nice to be accomplishing things, yet so painful to be doing them. I did decide to replace the cradle linens that my mom made in the late 70's. It wasn't as hard as I thought to do them myself, but that might have been partially because my daughter's doing an over-nighter at Grandma's tonight so I was able to think through the project clearly.

The first baby born in our DDC was quite a kick in the rear to keep going on this list though! Isn't this suddenly feeling REAL all of a sudden?!

-clean car and install car seat

-pack a just-in-case bag for the hospital, even though we're planning a home birth

-figure out what to feed the midwives/birth crew during labor and prepare as much of that as possible in advance- decided to make a soup and pasta salad and have trail mix out, still need to gather ingredients

-stock kitchen with labor foods for me like popsicles, frozen grapes, granola bars, lemonade, cheese

-pull cradle out of the garage, wipe down, decide if it's really that important to me to make a new sheet/bumper or if I can tolerate the ugly pattern that's ready to go, and then put in our bedroom

-take last set of professional maternity photographs (it's so nice having a good friend that's a photographer)

-pick up remaining items left on home birth supply list

-begin taking RRL in a few weeks

-get out slings, wraps

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#131 of 213 Old 01-08-2011, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Oh wow, I hadnt checked the group this afternoon (Ive been spending WAY to much time on the computer lately!) and didn't realize someone had their baby until you said something! Now this seems a whole lot more real to me. I was going to work on stuff this afternoon but for some reason my 2 year old has decided she needs to cry non stop since waking up from her nap. Eventually Im sure she will stop but I don't know if Ill keep my sanity!

#132 of 213 Old 01-09-2011, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, I'm forcing myself to be motivated tomorrow!! I'm starting in the kitchen since its been a while since I cleaned that area. Hopefully I can get the laundry done while I'm there too. Laundry is my arch nemesis. I would love a machine that I can put all our laundry in, come back at the end up the day and have nice clean folded piles ready to put away. Oh my dream world!! I put in red the things I want to work on tomorrow.

#133 of 213 Old 01-09-2011, 05:51 AM

Just a reminder to all who are planning to clean a car seat that you can't soak the straps, or use anything stronger than mild dish soap on them.  Check your manual and it will tell you the best way to wash and dry the cover (some can't go in the dryer) as well as the straps.  And double check that they are put back in the right way.  ;)  /PSA

I finally started buying groceries for cooking the food to freeze, and have washed all the receiving blankets and the sleepers.  I still need to clear all the junk out of the crib.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#134 of 213 Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Twinkle- where were you during my last pregnancy!! I didn't know that and ended up having to reorder straps and express ship them over here. They got here the day after I delivered so I was sitting in the NICU the day I brought her home adjusting straps. This time I told DH if I get the straps anywhere near water to throw something at me.. I can just see myself having a brain malfunction and doing the same thing over again.

Im going to try freezing a couple of meals today, we shall see how that goes. I have all the food to freeze, I just lack the motivation.

#135 of 213 Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 PM

grouphug.gif Sorry Okimom.  During your last pregnancy I was probably still blithely unaware of all carseat issues!  You wouldn't believe what my kid came home from the hospital in.

I think nesting is starting to kick in, I've spent all afternoon organizing toys!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#136 of 213 Old 01-09-2011, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like me.. I turned my oldest FF at 8 months scared.gif since I had never heard of extended rear facing.. I was told once she hit the upper limits of her bucket then I had to turn her, well she was/is a big kid! My youngest was RF until almost 2, finally turned her after she passed out from the heat of the car RFing, our car doesn't have ac vents in the back seat. I figured FF was safer than her passing out from the heat, specially since not going places in the heat is definetly not happening over here. This one DH said hes goal is to make it to 3 RFing, he wants to get a Radian when the baby outgrows the bucket and since they could almost still RF my oldest (shes a little over 40 lbs now) I figure it would get any baby up to 3.

Im forcing myself to be productive today! My kitchen needs me!! Im a little anal about cleanliness, I really dislike my house being dirty. My husband teases me because I scrub the walls twice a year and most people he knows never wash their walls. It needs some TLC since I haven't done any deep cleaning since last April when I came back from the states.

#137 of 213 Old 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM

Holy cow, nesting has kicked in full force. I went in the sewing room to whip up a simple cushion for DD's rocking chair and came out with an entire quilt top finished for the baby. bigeyes.gif DD never did get a chair cushion, lol!

#138 of 213 Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Here's what I can come up with so far:

-Pull out small size cloth diapers, wash and put away

-Find leftover newborn sposies for the first week

-Buy a few more small diaper covers

-Get newborn/0-3 mo clothes out of parent's basement

-Sort into boy/girl/neutral piles

-Stash boy/girl piles; wash and put away neutral

-Clean out bassinet (its currently being used to store photos and frames....)

-Repair bassinet

-Figure out if receiving blankets/small baby blankets are clean or if the cats have been using them as a bed; wash accordingly

-Ditto for Moby Wrap

-Decide about placenta encapsulation and prepare supplies if I choose to do it

-Make freezer meals

-Soup for during labor

-Soup for first week postpartum

-Make a few other midwife snacks for during labor

-Trail mix

-????

-Plan out first meal postpartum (probably eggs or something we usually have on hand, but I want to be prepared)

-Clean and install carseat

-Move DD and her booster seat into the back seat of the van

-Get carseats checked out at police station/fire station for correct installation

-Get van in for recall (not technically "baby" related, but I sure don't want to put it off any further or deal with it after baby is born!!)

-Pack a bag for DD & DS for while they are gone during labor

-Finalize plans on who is taking the kids once labor starts

-Buy small size pacis

-Buy nursing pads

-Make sure swing & vibrating chair batteries still work, install accordingly

-Write out list of things that need to be done once labor starts (pulling together clean jammies, hairbrush etc so I don't have to look around for them pp like I was doing last time!)

-Get together outfit for baby and put with birth supplies

-Wash all bedding inc pillows and mattress pad for co-sleeping (bassinet is technically backup)

-Put rail on bed to make sure it fits/works properly and get used to having it there

Um, all I have to say at this point is yikes. Especially since I'm sure I'll manage to come up with several more things that need to be done! Its definately long, but I like to have *everything* written down so that way I'm not blindsided by something. And crossing things off, even little things, is so satisfying! Well, time to get cracking!

Ok, well, it looks like I'm getting things done. A good chunk of stuff left is little. I think I'll work on the bassinet today, since that's going to be a huge PITA. Mainly because its being used to store unused pics and frames since IDK where else to put them!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#139 of 213 Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Maybe I'd feel more accomplished if I'd just quit adding more stuff to the list, huh? Why on earth I thought it'd be a great plan to start a baby quilt at 35 weeks I have no idea, but thinking back to my pregnancy with DD, I did the exact same thing around 35 weeks with her too! That one got finished, think this one will? I told the baby he has to stay in until I'm done. ROTFLMAO.gif

-pack a just-in-case bag for the hospital, even though we're planning a home birth

-figure out what to feed the midwives/birth crew during labor and prepare as much of that as possible in advance- decided to make a soup and pasta salad and have trail mix out, still need to gather ingredients

-stock kitchen with labor foods for me like popsicles, frozen grapes, granola bars, lemonade, cheese

-get out slings, wraps

-finish up the baby quilt before the baby arrives

#140 of 213 Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Im better at adding things to the list then getting them done. I still haven't finished the kitchen like I was going to yesterday, luckily all that is left is the floor then I can move on. I need to stop by the post office and have it out with someone there cause Im a little ticked. If the carseat isn't here by Friday I have to call Amazon and get it reshipped. Just remembered yesterday that I need to order a few nursing bras as well because mine as getting to small. I need to put that on the list. Im a little bit to big to run around without a bra on, it kills my back.

#141 of 213 Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 PM

Not only is Nov and December over, but we're a third of the way through Jan and I still have all this?!  At least I was able to cross off some things before moving it all to Jan, right?

A day later:

Look at me, rockin' this list out!!

Jan

• touch-up girls' dresser with paint before tossing/giving away paint
  • finish lining up child care for DDs at birth (serious commitments still needed)
  • line up new ped. (for "official doctor" paperwork stuff)
  • make list of birth equipment/supplies I want to have available (exercise ball!  back up doc at hospital contact made?)
  • have a heart to heart with my midwife about transfer fears
  • prepare ice packs
  • double check home birth needs (what am I missing from my box o' stuff?)
  • wash purple/fuzzy blankets and pillows at cleaners
  • buy under-bed pads
  • paint dresser
  • install car seats (creative thinking required)
  • pack up scrapbooking stuff/bookshelves, desk, and closet
  • move office/scrapbooking to the basement with sister's help
  • organize baby stuff: sort, purge, clean, and store/give away
  • wash clothes and diapers and put away
  • buy placenta print supplies
  • create announcements
  • make wipes solution
  • buy sleep bras (1 or 2; where the heck did they go?!)
  • order hypnobabies and get started! And keep with it!
  • line up housekeeping help
  • stock fridge with recovery foods AKA make sure grocery staples are in stock
  • pregnancy photos to commemorate belly; photographer hired, get her committed to an appt, and taken
  • pack up office stuff in closet and move it to basement
  • birth plan written (first draft) and run by midwives/back up OB review with DH
  • pack emergency bag  (if I pack it, I'll not need it, and vice versa!)
  • prepare dinners and freeze and/or premake portions of recipes resupply hamburger/onion mixture/soups I ate already, lol.
  • move baby stuff to baby's room/closet with DH's help, once he finishes the floor (when?!)

get started on baby book

• call list
  • paper over pages I won't use
  • fill in family tree/other info I can
  • do "letter to baby" scrapbook page

Feb

• continue keeping fridge stocked with favorite recovery foods
  • wait
  • assemble bassinet (waiting until birth for this easy task, so I have room around my bed to move/for the midwives to move in our teeny bedroom)
#142 of 213 Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 AM
mcs

laerhk- your list reminded me of a lot of things i had forgotten about....it is a funny thing that i havn't written a letter to this baby yet- i feel so connected to her. thanks!

my problem is that i am just tired-tired-tired. i have little nesting moments, but they are not enough to add up to really getting things done- more like just getting the normal stuff done. i had an appointment with the mw yesterday and she said that she thinks my body is really asking me to slow down...i said that i don't know how much slower i can go and she said "slower!"

so, here i am on the couch...writing in the "to do" fourm instead of "doing"

lol

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#143 of 213 Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post i had an appointment with the mw yesterday and she said that she thinks my body is really asking me to slow down...i said that i don't know how much slower i can go and she said "slower!"

so, here i am on the couch...writing in the "to do" fourm instead of "doing"

lol

At least you have a list to refer to now, right?  I'm thinking of how I can turn these things into even smaller steps so they will get done.  Example "touch-up painting dresser: take the can of paint upstairs.  Open and slap it on just before they go to bed.  Have DH take paint can out to garage to dry up. Dispose."

If I do one step every day I'm able, it should be done...by March, perhaps.  LOL

#144 of 213 Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 AM

Yes,  list will be good!

I got a gifted diaper bag in the mail yesterday, what a treat!  So now I have something to pack the hospital stuff in.  Nice!  Now...what to bring?!

Seriously, what to bring?  I think last time I brought a few camis and decent (dark colored) PJ bottoms.  Tea, snacks, baby clothes.  Was that it?  Oh, face wash and that kind of thing.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#145 of 213 Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

New List for January:

-Install Car seat

-Interview/hire doulas

-Write Birth plan

-Collect phone numbers for announcements, assign phone callers

-Sort out hospital logistics (ugh)

-Give notice to last daycare kid

-Get DH to burn DVD's

-Borrow baby monitor

-Pack hospital bags, plus DS's bag in progress

-Wash all bedding/clothes/diapers/receiving blankets 

-Buy Bouncy seat/swing

-Cook/freeze meals

-Pick names

-Figure out how to call long distance from hospital

Look!  I did something!  (Bff is also a tech and checked it for me)

Names are discussed and almost finalized!  (We pick several options for each gender and then see what the baby looks like)

Almost done...

#146 of 213 Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

mcs- take it easy! Yesterday I ended up sleeping all afternoon (DH was home with the girls so no worries I didn't leave them to their own devises) instead of cleaning/doing things like I should have been. Im glad I did to since last night I spent the night taking care of DD1. My body needed that sleep and Im feeling better today than I did yesterday.

Sweet- want me to type up my packing list? I warn you its a bit on the obsessive side. I don't know if Ill be in the hospital for 12 hours, 24, 48 or a week.. Last time I was there for 6 days since DD2 ended up in the NICU. I like things from home when Im away so I added on a few things most people wouldn't (like a small picture of the two girls, my own pillow/blanket, several pairs of PJs etc).

#147 of 213 Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Sure!  The best thing I packed last time was my RRL tea and a few others.  Made me feel like I was home.  Oh, own pillow, and the boppy of course.  I need a list!  LOL!

#148 of 213 Old 01-13-2011, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

I'm a list person definitely.. on the positive side I take my list with me and write down on it anything extra DH brings me (well last time I just made a list of everything since I didn't have a bag packed) so when I leave I check everything off and make sure I didn't forget anything. Better than a week later thinking "where did I put that.. oh darn I think I left it".

I pack 3 bags, a small one for in labor, a bigger one for postpartum and then another small one for coming home. With my first I sent DH back home with the labor bag after birth then he took all the postpartum stuff down when he brought up the coming home bag. That way we don't feel like pack mules (you know what I mean like when you need a cart just to carry everything). Luckily my family/in laws can't send me flowers or anything like that in the hospital so at least i don't have to worry bout keeping track of that..

Labor bag: (seems like a lot but it fits into a small carry on type bag-well except the birth ball)

Socks (couple pairs)

Rice bags

hospital gown

Camera with extra battery

extra camera (small cheap one for the nurses to use since they aren't allowed to use expensive camera in the hospital I'm delivering at.. to worried someone will get mad if something happened to it)

pen and paper

baby book

IPOD

IPOD Dock

Scriptures

Journal

My cell/DH's cell phones

chap stick

lotion

snack bag for DH

crossword puzzle book and regular book

Wallet with ID (yea, I almost forgot that once and at a military hospital they won't check you in without a military issued ID.. at least the ones Ive been to) cash and ATM card

hard candy

picture of the girls

brush and extra hair ties

slippers

birth plan with extra copies

birth ball with pump

Post partum (any doubles Ill take out of the labor bag before DH takes it down to the car)

Pillow and blanket

baby blanket (the hospital I'm delivering at is COLD, last time DD2 was wrapped in 3 blankets and her hands/feet were still freezing, I had thermals on, with a sweater over top, 2 pairs of socks and slippers and I was still freezing as well)

journal, baby book and scriptures

pad of paper, pen, calender

camera with charger

laptop with charger (not sure if I'm going to bring this or not, might have DH drop it by if I want to do something on it/there a long time)

nursing pillow

nursing pads (i have leakage issues before my milk even comes in)

nipple cream (can't use lanolin so I bring my own)

towel and toiletries including a toothbrush/floss

hairbrush and extra hair ties

lotion and chap stick

Socks (at least 3 pairs) and slippers

3-4 sets of PJs

laundry bag

big sister gifts

little brother shirt and pants (for pictures at the hospital with the girls)

snack bag for me (small items, they do provide meals and have fresh fruit/crackers/juice available at any time)

cocoa packets and herbal tea packets with a mug/spoon.

book, IPOD and IPOD dock

my phone and charger

wallet

nursing cover (just in case the baby has issues with distraction, DD2 wouldn't eat if there were lots of people around distracting her even as a newborn)

shoulder blanket/shawl (I get cold easily)

a couple of file folder games or other activities for the girls to do while they are visiting. They are still young so visiting a newborn isn't going to be the most exciting thing for them.. well at least DD2, DD1 will probably want to steal the baby and take off with him!

Coming home/diaper bag

car seat and car seat blanket

calender and copy of orders (we need to get his birth certificate and passport rushed so we need to prove we leave the island soon after the birth)

shoes for me

a regular outfit for me including old undies

coming home outfit for baby with socks/booties and hat

extra outfit just in case

diapers/wipes (shouldn't need them but with DD2 they didn't want to bring me any more diapers when we were checking out so I ended up using the ones out of the diaper bag)

pen/pad of paper

his little giraffe stuffed animal

#149 of 213 Old 01-13-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

I made the mistake of typing up all my to-dos on word pad.. Its 3 pages long.. I guess I should be averaging a page a week.. yea.. I'm going to just put it up at once instead of doing it weekly and then get done what I can. Some of it is stuff DH has to get done (deals with a lot of heavy lifting or being on the ground both things I can't do without a great deal of pain). Some of this stuff will be really easy to accomplish.. others will probably not get done. Bad part is I know Im forgetting things. At least this should keep me busy until the baby gets here and when he gets here Ill totally forget that I meant to do stuff before he came..

Cleaning left to do:
All AC vents need to be cleaned and filters rinsed out
Patio needs to be swept and scrubed (darn birds!)
Hall cupboards need to be reorganized.. again
Kitchen: DH: clean under all appliances, clean stove
Living room:Me: dust TV, fix zipper on couch, dust collectibles, dust picture frames, wipe down window/runners, re-frame marriage certificate, frame honorable discharge certificate, frame DH's reenlistment certificate, spot clean walls, clean off china hutch DH: wipe down ceilings, steam clean couches(almost done, finishing this week or weekend), scrub floors, scrub table/chairs, move furniture and scrub under,
Bathrooms: Me: scrub tubs/showers, scrub sinks, scrub toilets, scrub behind toilets, clean out medicine chest and other cupboard, wash shower curtains and rehang, scrub floors, spot clean walls DH: clean ceilings, get rid of mold
Girls room: Me: clean out closets, organize clothing, wash mattresses,    clean windows/runners  clean under beds/sofa, ,scrub floor,steam  DH: clean sofa
Playroom: organize toys/children's books/adult books, clean toy storage boxes, clean window/runner, wash rug  DH: empty, clean and reorganize closets, organize top cupboards, scrub floor, spot clean walls
Master bedroom: clean balcony and outside of window, clean inside window runners, organize drawers in dresser/nightstands, organize jewelry, trash TV (stopped working), put up blu ray player for now, organize clothing closet DH; steam clean mattress and rug, clean under/behind furniture, pull out desk, clean under and organize desk then put back,
Car: clean inside and out, oil change

Baby related to dos:

redo diaper changing area in bedroom, what we were going to do won't work.

set up a diaper area in the living room with diapers/extra clothing/blankets etc.

freeze pads for postpartum

start taking EPO probably next week or the week after

charge phones
charge laptop
charge camera batteries
stock fridge (first week of Feb)
install car seats, figure out what works best- waiting on the seat..
pack labor bag
pack pp bag
pack coming home bag
pack girls bags
clean pump

put all the bags and pump INTO the car along with the nursing pillow
finish big sister gifts and wrap
finish babysitter gift and wrap- just need to find lavender bubble bath, they were sold out when I went to get it.

put gifts into car
make a list of last minute things to grab, put on fridge so DH can help grab things when the time comes
put together nursing box
stock drawer in bedroom with water/snacks/nursing pads for middle of the night feedings

no circumcision stickers- need to make
draw/write to baby
set up bouncy seats and moses basket where they are needed

write up birth plan, make several copies, give one to doctor to put in folder
finalize and upload song list onto IPOD
wash baby clothes, blankets and carriers
charge my camera and one of the family cameras (yea, we have more than 1, we are a little picture happy over here)
find tripod and remote for camera and put them in the car- need to wait until after DD1's birthday
figure out and write down list of people to call after baby comes
stock up on household supplies
make birth necklace
make nails appointment for weekend I'm due (cause I like to risk fate like that), if I want to be really daring I might make a hair appointment for the same day.

figure out some fun things to do with the girls the week before I'm due (cause again I like to chance fate)
Take a last minute trip to library and stock up on children's books the girls haven't read yet
put a small trash can next to the changing area in the bedroom and another one in the living room for diaper changes
figure out a couple easy meals DH can make for the girls on short notice so they don't end up eating fast food while I'm in the hospital.- Im picking up a couple of frozen tv dinners and pizza for when Im in the hospital. Not the healthiest but DH gets really antsy when Im in the hospital and he can't be there so I want something super simple for him to make.

Non baby related things that need to get done before the baby:
clean out, change oil in and sell second car
take family pictures before baby comes
mail Christmas presents I haven't mailed yet
mail SIL's baby gift to her before she has the baby
mail birthday card to BIL
make/mail valentines day cards (DD1 wants to make her grandparents, aunts and uncles v-day cards)
design/make birth announcements
address envelops and stamp so they are ready to mail after we add the details and pictures

File taxes
register ID cards
get new licenses
Prep DH's uniforms for the board hes going on
smooth move workshop (January 24th)
work on moving notebook- need to wait until after the smooth move workshop
schedule TMO- need to wait until 60 days out
after scheduling TMO, sit down and make a moving time line so I have a vague idea when we need to get things done by-need to wait until after the smooth move workshop
Rehome fish
rehome bearded dragon
rehome Betta
open another banking account
(the one we have now is only over here so won't work stateside)
start coming up with a packing list
book any advanced reservations DH wants to do while at Disney
make a moving to do list since theres so much paperwork to do- waiting until after the smooth move workshop so I know what exactly has to be done
Order cross stitch kits for: new house project, MIL's mother's day present, MIL's birthday present and school room project (DDs picked out a neat ABC thing they want me to make for them)
scan old pictures
Sort clothing for clothing swap
register for clothing swap when the registry opens
finish activity kids (need 25 or so more)
Read all the North Carolina book

DD1's birthday prep:
To make:

birthday skirt/top
hair tie organizer

25 cupcakes (offered either cupcakes or a cake and she wants cupcakes)
picnic lunch
birthday dinner (need to decide what..)
To do:
get tickets for Rykuru Mura which is where she wants to go for a special activity
wrap last minute gifts, need wrapping paper
decorate house
get balloons

Sewing things to work on:

1) doll dresses and bloomers, 2) DD1's birthday outfit 3) hairtie organizer 4) stencil shirts 5) red shirt 6) flower skirt 7) purple skirt 8) purple top 9) red dress 10) hospital gown 11) nursing cover 12) diaper kit/bag for pads and cream 13) hygiene bag for hospital stay 14) bag for DS 15) shawl for me 16) knotty doll for baby 17) car seat blanket, 18) Lexi's travel outfit, 19) 3 kimono shirts 20) 3 kimono shoes, 21) travel jewelry case, 22) 2 crayon wallets, 23) carry on for Lexi, 24) felt kitchen top, 25) small art kit, 26) 20 luggage tags, 27) small first aid kits, 28) 2 picture books, 29) 2 family coloring books, 30) flower nightgown, 31) hooded towels, 32) felt travel board,

Things to freeze: meatloaf, chili mac, pizza pasta, mini meat pies(tomorrow), enchilada casserole(tomorrow), 6 loaves french bread(3 loaves tomorrow), 10 loaves regular bread, southwestern Shepard's pie, hamburger goulash, hearty macaroni casserole, creamy chicken casserole, chicken noodle soup, more chili, island kielbasa, 3 things oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough

Last minute things to get for baby:
postpartum belts
nursing bras
depends
pads
witch hazel

diapers
wipes

coming home outfit
last minute things for DD1's birthday
socks
receiving and heavier blankets
stickers for no circ stickers for diapers
IPod Dock

fabric for nightgown/buttons for nightgown
stuff for birth necklace
rest of babysitter thank you gift
cross word puzzle book for labor bag
birth ball

few toys to put aside just in case someone brings by a present for the baby and the girls start feeling neglected. If these aren't used Ill put them aside for the move

#150 of 213 Old 01-14-2011, 09:51 AM

I think I'm doing the last maternity shots on either Monday or Tuesday. Then I just have a handful of things to do!! Eeeek, we're getting so close!

-get out slings, wraps

-finish up the baby quilt before the baby arrives

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page