What do you have left to do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figured it was about time for a pregnancy to do thread.. or maybe its my obsessive list making type A personality . Either way, what do you all have left to do? Im making a full list in the next week or so and then I will post it up.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#2 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well what we have left to do is:

paint the girls new room and put the curtains up and new carpet down. dh just got through sanding all the sheetrock and priming it so its now ready to paint. then i can starting setting it all up nicely.

need to stock pantry and household items up with paper towels/toilet paper/paper plates things like that so that we will be stocked up when the twins get here.

need to pack bags for hospital, doing this at about 30 weeks just to be on safe side

need to get both cars oil changed and tuned up

need to straighten out carport. it just got cleaned out good about a month ago, but when dh started working on the babies room he left junk laying all in the carport now so it need re tidying.

thats about it. of course we still have things we need for babies, but we are waiting until the showers are done(we are having a few showers thrown for us) before we buy anymore. we have the basics(bassinet/clothes) so at least we need are the car seats and diapers.the rest of the things such as swings and stroller can come later on. i have carriers too.

i love to do lists! I am very organized and am proud that i have accomplised so much around the house since i have been pregnant to have my list this short now!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#3 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 AM

Hmmmmm I think all I have to do is wash diapers and install the car seat. Also MIL has some clothes that were given to her for our baby so I'll go through them when I get them & wash any and put them with the ones we already have. I'd like to make some more meals for the freezer too, right now I have about 10.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#4 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Hmm...I haven't "done" anything yet...maybe I should start thinking about that huh??

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#5 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 AM

~ sarah
#6 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 AM

We haven't done anything for this baby at all.
We are still working on home renovations since we moved into our inlaws house last year which needed a lot of cosmetic work. Emphasis on A LOT.
We need to buy bunk beds and move the boys out of their toddler beds/crib and into the bigger of the 2 small bedrooms. Paint their new room.
Get the carseat/pack and play/other newborn stuff out of the attic and cleaned up.
Get out the 0-6 month clothes, washed and put away in the baby's closet.
Wash diapers and get them ready.
Obviously install car seat, near the end, need to decide how we are configuring three car seats
We've got to get to IKEA at some point, and before this one comes we need to paint the laundry room and a few other assorted things around the house.
I don't really need to buy anything for this baby, although we will get a new high chair but not for a while.
I'm more focused on doing stuff around the house, since we've been here a year and it stresses me out to no end that things still need to be done (it's so sucky to have to fixc up a hosue with such a pittance of spending money)

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#7 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM

Go through baby clothes and see what we have and get those organized.
Set up crib - won't do until around 34wks if things are looking good
Pack hospital bag - same as above
Move DS3s clothes to the big boys' dresser or find a different dresser for the babies.
Set up who is going to watch the boys when I'm in the hospital
Get baby shower invite lists to my mom and mil

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#8 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 PM

• Finish prepping prefolds
  • Buy diaper covers
  • Organize the dresser to fit two sizes of clothes (one for Mai, one for Jeni)
  • Install carseat bases
  • Finish painting that silly livingroom wall
  • Buy a few more onesies at the thrift store

One thing I really like about having the kids close together is the simplicity of handing down/sharing things. I only got rid of a handful of things after Maiya so I don't have to shop (I hate shopping) for Jeni.

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#9 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM

• Put together birthing supplies
  • Order birth kit
  • Pull out the clothes/blankets from the basement. Wash and sort
  • Wash covers for the carseat, swing, baby chair
  • Organize freezer and plan out freezer meals
  • Finish organizing garage - not baby related but something I want to have done before he arrives!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#10 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 PM

Done:
-Assemble Crib
-Repaint the dresser
-Sort out baby clothes
-Get change table
-Sort out diapers
-Get car seat

Still to do:
-Wash all bedding and dress crib (mostly for show, so I want it to be pretty.)
-take off closet doors and have parents spray paint them (they volunteered)
-Acquire the rest of the baby clothes needed
-Wash everything (car seat cover, clothes, diapers, towels)
-Install carseat
-Buy odds and ends for homebirth stuff
-Deal with Christmas
-Cook and freeze dinners
-Buy breast pump

: I keep panicking because I feel like there is so much still to do!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#11 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Um...I haven't even thought about what needs to get done yet. Maybe I should do that?

I guess since DS is so young yet (11 mo) that pretty much everything "baby" is still out. I think we'll just need to pull out smaller clothes and the small sized diapers. Oh, and I need to pull together all the homebirth stuff. I think that's it? Though maybe I should sit down and really think that through lest I get to 38 wks and panic!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#12 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 03:02 PM

It still feels too early for me. I did buy clothes, after 4 boys she needed them. I also got a pink car seat & bouncer. I need to get out the rest of the baby stuff; play pen, bath and wash everything. We co-sleep so I don't need to set up a crib. Although my youngest will need to relocate to his big boy bedroom and out of our bed. That is usually a smooth transition as my dh will sleep with him for the first 6ish weeks after the new baby comes. Pack a bag... I know there's more.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#13 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 04:15 PM

1.I have to get birthkit and other birth supplies ready
2. i need to get some more clothes cause i'm not having a shower
3. i need to figure out where the twins will sleep since i'm so used to cosleeping, I'm assuming I'll need to by a crib to side car since we only have a full size bed.
4.i want to make a playlist for the birth
5. figure out the diaper situation, I think we are going with service this time.

I think that's it , since I'm a sahm I figure bottles and pump can wait till after babies are here. i still have nursing bras/shirts. I bought a wrap and my mom bought swings.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#14 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 PM

November:
-pay 500 of homebirth fee
-begin hypnobabies

December:
-begin to gather birth supplies
-purchase kit
-pay another 500 of homebirth fee

January:
-deep clean room
-pay last 300 of homebirth fee
-cook freezer meals:

1 tray lasagna- half veggie/ half meat
1 tray enchiladas- half veggie/ half meat
2 pizza doughs
1 container minestrone soup
1 chicken pot pie
1 container tomato soup-- items for grilled cheese in fridge!
2 smaller containers of meatballs- 1 to use for subs, 1 to use for pasta
1 container marinara sauce

first few days of February:
-clean house!
-organize room for new babe and her things!

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#15 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 PM

November:

Finish uploading digital photos to Flickr
Order glass cover for dining room table
Fix water filter faucet
Organize play room and closet
Redo sleeping arrangements for DS and DD

December:

Work on DS's baby book
Focus on holidays

January:

Finish organizing house
Finish DS's baby book
Finish stockpiling household items
Put meals in the freezer

Laura, married to Daniel 12/16/2000
Claire b. 6/29/06 and Andrew b. 4/20/08 and #3 due 2/8/11!!
#16 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Hmm...I haven't "done" anything yet...maybe I should start thinking about that huh??

(Well, most of the diapers are in the house, a boppy, and a few pieces of clothing, but it really feels like nothing since I got it all and there's so much left.)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#17 of 213 Old 11-01-2010, 10:02 PM

I've only done one thing, but it's a big one: DD has moved out of the crib, out of the nursery into the toddler bed and into big brother's room. I still need to move her stuff into the now-shared bedroom, but at least she's content to sleep in there

What do I have left? Well, other than moving DD's stuff out of the nursery, I need to figure out and purchase nursery decor, get newborn diapers out of the attic/wash/dry/put away, get newborn and 0-3 clothing out of the attic/wash/dry/put away, and buy a new carseat. It doesn't sound so bad, actually, since we have everything we need (except new nursery decor). Just gotta start working on it!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#18 of 213 Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I started my list last night and there is SO MUCH TO DO its a little overwhelming. Doesn't help Im dealing with sickies over here, my kids aren't feeling well. DH is talking about taking 4 days off of work this month and doing most of the list except the final cleaning so I don't have to worry about it. Doesn't help that we STILL don't know where we will be living (or in what country we will be living in) when the baby is born and won't know until the end of November/beginning of December so I might get all this done and find out we are moving in a couple of weeks. Ok, back to making the list then Ill post it. Maybe we can all motivate each other to get things done..

Oh I don't wash clothes/diapers until I hit 36-38ish weeks. I don't have a history of preterm labor so Im not worried about it and if the clothes sit around for any more than a couple of weeks I feel like I need to rewash them.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#19 of 213 Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Ditto.

Left to do:

Pick out a name
Buy disposable diapers and wipes for the first few days
Research and buy cloth diapers and cloth wipes
Buy some onesies
Buy a bunch of receiving blankets
Buy a couple of those soft stretchy blankets
Buy a carseat
Buy a couple of nursing bras

I'd put pads on the list but I already have to wear those for bladder .. problems .. due to MS. Might get a pack of disposable Depends underwear for overnight with the lochia, though!

Um, I think that's it, and we don't have any leftovers from our last baby (6 years ago). We're really minimalist, especially about baby stuff. Our babies pretty much live in onesies. We throw a blanket over them if it's cool outside. The climate here is really warm (read: inferno most of the year)... highs in Feb are usually upper 70s or low 80s.

We use receiving blankets for all kinds of stuff.. burp cloths, quick cleanups, as a portable changing table, rolled up for head support in the carseat, tucked into the carseat for extra warmth if needed, extra coverage while nursing in public, etc., etc.

I don't babywear because I've tried it repeatedly with two babies at various ages and just could not get it to work. Maybe I have the wrong body shape. It's just 1000 times easier for me to carry the baby around (in arms when he is little, on my hip when he's bigger).

Oh and about the disposables... I've never used cloth diapers before and 1) Want to wait a few days after the baby's born to try to get the hang of it and 2) would rather be able to just toss anything that's got meconium on it!

One thing that isn't on the list that we did actually buy already -- a reusable (cloth with waterproof backing) incontinence pad thing for the bed. It's super-absorbant, about 4' by 4' and holds 800 CCs. I would have *KILLED* for something like that (had no idea they existed) when DD was little. Lord knows how many times I had to change the sheets because our little co-sleeping baby's diaper sprung a leak, my boobs sprung a leak, or the little one spat up all over the place. Maybe I should order a couple more... I only paid $4.50 for it.

--K

Edited to add:

Oh yes, one more thing. Finishing with transitioning 6 y/o DD into her own bed. She's a cuddlebug AND afraid of the dark so it's been a little tough. We're compromising by putting a second bed into the master bedroom so I can still snuggle with her before she goes to sleep, and she's not "alone in the dark" (nightlights don't count for this kid.. if the sun is down, she does NOT want to be alone).
#20 of 213 Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Yikes, reading all these lists is really making me realize that I have a lot to do! Like... everything.

This month we're going to get out all of my LO's baby clothes (he's 2 now, so it's been packed up for awhile) to clean for the new babe. That's as far ahead as I've planned!

Christine, DH: Scotti, DS: Logan (2) - Baby #2 EDD: 2/13/11!
#21 of 213 Old 11-03-2010, 03:25 PM

I've got tons to do. I haven't done anything, but we're looking at possibly moving before Christmas, so I really don't want to get everything done and ready just to have to pack it all up, move and do it again. I'll probably get a car seat and start assembling HB supplies, but thats going to be about it until we have a better idea of what's going on.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#22 of 213 Old 11-03-2010, 03:27 PM

Gosh, there's so much left to do!!

I still need to:
finish snapping up the dozen diapers I just sewed
sew 2 dozen sz small diapers
knit 2-3 more pairs of NB longies and matching hats, plus a couple of cardigans
pick out a name
buy a carseat, clothes, and a breastpump.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#23 of 213 Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
mcs

also just about everything...

during this weeks vacation i want dh to put up the larger bed in the girls bedroom, look through the baby stuff dh's coworker has offered, and talk to my mom about what i left at her house to send to me (it was only a few months ago, but i forget!)

and then (depending on what comes from the coworker),,,,
we need a moses basket
a crib
a new sling (couldn't find mine in america!)
an ergo infant insert
a warm winter suit for the baby
onsies
diapers
wet pads
sheets
diaper changing mat
to freeze some food
to figure out who will watch the girls while i am in labor
a car seat
one of those play things for babies to lay under
a boppy
a pump and bottles
wool pad for the moses basket/floor
a bouncy chair that hangs (this can wait, but i loved it with my dd2)
burp pads
start practicing for the birth (bradley)

oh my. that is just off of the top of my head. instead of thinking about all of this- i have started to put some things together for a children's book, started planning a christmas party for the kids from the kindergarten, spent a lot of time on the internet, read a few books, and generally avoided reality!

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#24 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 12:36 PM

Gosh, I've been in denial. I've been trying to slowly knock things off the list but never really sat down and thought through everything that needs to be done.

We've painted the nursery, dug out DD's baby clothes and washed them, bought, prepped, and put away newborn diapers and woolies, found a bouncer and swing on craigslist and put it in the kids room, and pulled out the crib linens. DD never did sleep in the crib, but I have hopes that this one will at least for half the night or naps. I've been bugging my DH for months to get the crib out of storage and bring it home and he hasn't.

Bring home crib and dress it

Research birth pool rental

put together homebirth kit

nag friend-of-family birth photographer into really committing

install second carseat

pre-register at hospital and pack just-in-case bag, maybe -- are homebirthers doing this?

Dig out all the nursing bras/pads/postpartum pads

dig out burp cloths/make more...

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#25 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 PM

I am in the haven't done anything yet club.... I probably would be working on getting some stuff done, but we are going to move back to the mainland at the end of January so we're going to have to wait til we get there to start getting stuff ready. And then the to do list will be huge, like find a place to live, find a dr. who will take me last minute, get baby gear.... Oh boy.

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

#26 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosce View Post
pre-register at hospital and pack just-in-case bag, maybe -- are homebirthers doing this?

I am.  I would hate to have to transfer and deal with running around packing and registering while in an emergency type situation.  I am writing a birth plan as well for the hospital.  JIC.  I like to be prepared. 

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#27 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 02:36 PM

I have some herbs and supplements I need to order now to start taking in the third trimester, beyond that I'm hoping to wait until after Christmas to really set-up all of the baby items and order my birth kit. I guess we'll see how it goes. I need to make the final list of what I need to do, but I'm currently worrying about addressing the Christmas cards and doing the shopping...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#28 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM

That's my feeling as well. While I'd love to be so confident as to think an emergency wouldn't happen, the reality is that it's something you can't predict even in low risk pregnancies. I'd like to have as little panic over the transfer as possible, and if having a bag ready and registration already filled out would reduce the stress level, I don't see how that's asking for trouble. I totally spaced on the birth plan though- probably because the hospital I delivered my daughter in laughed in my face when I presented one. "Murphy's Law!" they sneered. "You'll get the emergency c section!" GEE THANKS, GUYS.  angry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosce View Post

I am.  I would hate to have to transfer and deal with running around packing and registering while in an emergency type situation.  I am writing a birth plan as well for the hospital.  JIC.  I like to be prepared. 

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#29 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 PM

Let's see.  Crib is on its way, first outfits bought.  Babies room (really a nook in our room) is painted and curtain hung.  Friend brought over a glider.  Love it but need to re-cover it.  That's about it!  Need to:

-Get car seat for baby (and pump from same friend)

-Get car seat (narrow) for DD

-Get arms reach co-sleeper

-Make wrap and sling

-Buy diapers and other assorted things but...there is a shower being planned now so IDK what to buy.  I guess we'll wait unitl after Chirstmas to decide?

I am getting excited though.  Can't wait to put the crib together, even if he won't sleep in it for some time it will make his *room* feel nice and cozy. 

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#30 of 213 Old 11-14-2010, 11:49 PM

I thought I was so on top of things but now that I think about it I've got 3 months left to do a lot of stuff.

- finish cleaning out the babies room

- make room in our room for the co-sleeper

- get homebirth supplies

- get infant car seat

- get supplies for encapsulating my placenta

- finish as much school work as possible

- apply for EI

- make and freeze dinners

- plan blessingway

- get a couple nursing tanks

- get EC supplies

- hire a doula

- get baby towels

There are probably a ton of other things that I need to do but those are what come to mind right now. So much to do!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page