November chat--its where its at! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 81 Old 11-19-2010, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Glad you are all clear for the UTI. ;-)

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#62 of 81 Old 11-21-2010, 03:30 PM

well today I have a new complaint, third trimester woe. I was sitting in church right up front where the music was really loud. I don't know if Aubrey didn't like the noise or what? All of the sudden my rib cage in my mid back started killing me. Either she moved to an unpleasant position that is straining to my back or she kicked me hard enough to cause a bruise or something? I'm not even sure if that is possible but my back is so uncomfortable. Man the third trimester brings on all sorts of fun stuff!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#63 of 81 Old 11-21-2010, 06:36 PM

We have been so busy over here that I haven't been posting much! My youngest decided to boycott diapers so we are in potty training mode over here, which means multiple trips to the bathroom.. Shes also teething and going through a lanagage explosion all at once! Poor thing is really not happy right now. DH leaves next week for Guam again which means I need to do a follow up ultrasound (they "think" there might be a problem with the baby, I think they are full of it haha ok Im bad, Im just tired of the hospital right now) without him.. Hopefully i can find someone to watch the kids for me, otherwise they will have to come with me.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#64 of 81 Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 AM
mcs

trekkingirl- my little lady is also often in uncomfortable positions! this is my third, and i have never been so bothered before. yesterday, it felt like she left the "fetal position" and stretched out veritcaly- my ribs were feeling soo sore and i could not squat to pick things up, i had to go to my hands and knees!  today, things are feeling better, but i can't figure out what is what yet- as in, how she is positioned- but she is wild!

how is this for everyone? are the babies still moving a lot or are some staying mostly head-down?

another complaint is that i have a strage sore on my lip. i woke up sunday with a sore lip and thought that i had a cut, but you couldn't see anything. then, throughout the day, it started to swell into something like a blister. i put a warm compress on and a little puss came out and now, it has scabed over, but is still giant and it hurts! anyone heard of something like this before? i don't know if it is pregnancy related? i feel like i had herpes sores when i was a kid, but i don't think that is what this is.

and my last complaint is sleep! i have been having awful and unshakable nightmares that i can't fall asleep after. and then trip after trip to the bathroom.... i am thinking of getting a bed pan. lol. 

this week is (of course) thanksgiving, but (of course) not here. thursdays are "meeting" nights for my dh and he usually doesn't get home until around 8 or 9, but he is going to skip this week and i think that our landlord/lady will come up to eat with us. i am excited, but it is hard to feel really festive. i have been feeling a little lonely and homesick lately- i guess it might be a holiday thing. i am wondering if i should send the girls to kindergarten in the morning so i can get a lot done, or to keep them home for a more festive feel.

and then saturday is the first advent celebration at the girls kindergarten, and sunday dd2's 3rd birthday party. i am really excited for her b/c she is so excited. she has everything planned out- really sweet and funny, but i hope we don't let her down!

she is also incredibly sweet to the baby. she talks to her all day, like she is including her in what we do "baby? do you see this nice picutre that i drew? this is for you."  or, she will get a few coins from her purse and bring them to me "mama, here is a little money so you can buy the baby some new warm clothes." and then this morning, she woke up and she must have been dreaming about it, b/c her voice was still so far away, and said "babies can go to the playground too, but babies can't go to school. babies are too tiny for school." lol.

okimom- that is a big week for your dd! it is good, though, that you will have one out of diapers before the new arrival.

but, wait! i have one more complaint/question- my two girls talk sooooooooo much during the day (as mentioned above,) from the moment they wake up until the second they fall asleep again and it has been wearing me out! yesterday, my brain shut down a few times- i could just not hear them anymore. i felt like i was on sensory overload. and this happened to me too over the weekend too- we had breakfast w/ some friends and then went all together to a school christmas market where our kindergarten had a booth. i know that it is also a language thing for me- sometimes when too many people are talking, my brain is overwhelmed, but i really felt like i was in a fog- again like i had a sort of sensory overload. i was so happy when the other mother said that she could handle our booth alone- i was out of smiley-happy waldorf mama juice. my dh said that i had similar feelings last time too- anyone else??

and--my dh just called and said he found an envelpoe from the dr. that came last week, but he didn't see and they tested the cist they removed, and it was not a cist, but a non-dangerous tumor, and that they have to open up and take out more. i don't like it......

too many complaints today,,,,,

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#65 of 81 Old 11-24-2010, 02:14 PM

It's totally possible. When I was pregnant with my first, dh & I went to a concert. That night I had sooooooo much pain in one spot in my upper belly I went to the ER. I was in a small town hospital that didn't have u/s so they looked me over, decided everything was ok and told me to go for an u/s once I got back home (they were thinking maybe gallstones). When I got to the u/s the tech asked me "Is this where it hurts?" and I said "yes" she said "That's feet. The baby's kicked you and probably bruised your stomach!" WHaaaaa???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

Either she moved to an unpleasant position that is straining to my back or she kicked me hard enough to cause a bruise or something? I'm not even sure if that is possible but my back is so uncomfortable. 

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#66 of 81 Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post

another complaint is that i have a strage sore on my lip. i woke up sunday with a sore lip and thought that i had a cut, but you couldn't see anything. then, throughout the day, it started to swell into something like a blister. i put a warm compress on and a little puss came out and now, it has scabed over, but is still giant and it hurts! anyone heard of something like this before? i don't know if it is pregnancy related? i feel like i had herpes sores when i was a kid, but i don't think that is what this is.

It sounds like a cold sore, I get them from time to time when I'm fighting something else, and since we're pregnant our immune systems are a little suppressed, so if you had the herpes virus when you were a kid & it never goes away, that's probably what it is.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#67 of 81 Old 11-24-2010, 04:31 PM

Anyone else feeling nest-y? I've been doing more domestic type stuff lately, the house overall is actually starting to look a bit tidier. Today, for example, I cleared the clutter from the kitchen counter and scrubbed it, just because.

I have a lot of projects I need to get done in the next couple of months. Cleaning is probably just my current way of procrastinating, but it's far more productive than my usual procrastination!

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#68 of 81 Old 11-25-2010, 08:49 PM

not feeling too nesty lately but it has come in waves. Lately I'ld rather just sit around. Maybe it's the low back pain and the bruised ribs?

I thought my doctor was going to write me off of work after new years to start my maternity disability. I'm due Feb 2nd and I get four weeks before my due date. She said that's January 6th. So I guess I have to work an extra week longer than I thought. I have been really struggling at work and really trying to push on just a few more weeks, and now I have to add an extra week onto that. I was bummed. She also said there was nothing I could do about the bruised ribs and I need to just deal with it. I really miss my NP but she won't be back till next year she is out on medical leave herself. Sometimes I wonder about the OB I'm seeing?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#69 of 81 Old 11-26-2010, 12:42 AM

Newest word on our move.. We will most likely be moving sometime next year. Long story short instead of spending 2 more years over here they want us to spend 4 more.. I miss home, I really don't think I can mentally stand another 4 years over here so we will be moving sometime next year back to the states. DH thinks the most likely time will be around June/July since there is so much training going on in the beginning of the year his command would balk at him leaving before that. Of course, this is all assuming he will have his reenlistment approved which we still haven't heard word about. They are saying we should hear before Christmas. I did get reassurance from his Major and Coronal that he will NOT be going to Thailand in Feb like we thought he might he. They told me they would go one Marine short if they had to but he wasn't going to miss his baby's birth over training. So double YA! I know that baring him not being able to reenlist we should be here until the baby is a couple of months old at least and he will be here for the birth. That is one less thing to worry about.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#70 of 81 Old 11-26-2010, 01:34 AM
mcs

oki- that is great news! now you can can settle your mind (almost) and start to get ready for the baby, and the holidays, and just living. it is so hard to be in limbo.

trekkingirl- that is hard. and bruised ribs can really-really hurt. i hope you have this long weekend off and can sit on the couch- it is where you need to be.

nesting- yes. i have an urge to clean the carpets which is like an unquenchable thirst....and now that we have to drive back to sttuggart next tues for the sugery, we wont have time until after next week! i was hoping to have it done by sunday for dd's birthday party. but, i worked like crazy yesterday- cleaning, decorating, and cooking up a feast. i finished every room except for ours, which was kind of the drop-all spot for things i couldn't handle. i still have things to do to get ready for the party, but i actually need a break today. my body was sooo sore last night when i crawled into bed.

and though the girls were still tired from yesterday's visitors, i took them to kindergarten b/c.......it snowed! like, real, four inch deep snow! they were so excited, and i know that they will have more fun with the other kids than with slow-in-the-snow mama. it was such a beautiful drive and now i am sitting here, in a very quiet house, with a gorgeous view out the window and still a few hours of "me" time b/c everything is so clean from yesterday (which somehow makes things feel even more quiet).....i feel very nice. i might go get another slice of pumpkin pie.

#71 of 81 Old 11-27-2010, 09:18 PM

made turkey pot pie with my leftover turkey, how about yall? Any fab leftover ideas?

#72 of 81 Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 PM
mcs

you can't really find a whole turkey here, so i bought 3 drum sticks and made phylo turkey "packages." they were soo very very yummy- and not hard. you just cut the turkey into little chunks and mix in a bowl with brie cheese (also cut into chunks,) parsley, and a little cranberry sauce.  then you wrap it in 6 or so layers of phylo (buttered betwn) and bake till golden. we had more cranberry sauce for the side too....if you have more left overs, try it!

#73 of 81 Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM

So jealous of all the leftovers!  We went to my IL's on Canadian Thanksgiving last month, so we didn't get any. 

We're doing well here, preparations for the holidays are well in hand!  Got all the cards written out and addressed last night, so those will hit the mailbox soon. 

Baby is getting so strong!  DH had his hand on my belly after we woke up this morning and he commented on how active Baby seems.  He doesn't know the half!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#74 of 81 Old 11-28-2010, 03:43 PM

I have been craving brie forever but my doctor says no. OOOOH and blue stilton. And salame! I told DH that there is a Trader Joes a block away from the hospital and he better bring me a love offering of all the foods I did without to bring our daughter into the world. He raised an eyebrow at me but I was serious.

#75 of 81 Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Blah. My day is crap. DH is mad at me because I had literallly  no sex drive. I guess I hadn't even noticed... so he's mad that I don't respond much and never inititate. But it honestly hadn't occured to me that he would want to since I don't. Stupid, I know, but whatever. I just haven't thought about it. I am guessing it's the pregnancy. I'm uncomfortable, and my hormones are all out of whack. I just wish he wasn't so pissed off about it. And he doesn't seem to think I'll ever want to again and seriously said he'd leave me if I didn't have sex with him. irked.gif

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#76 of 81 Old 11-28-2010, 06:52 PM

I just replied to a thread in life with a babe about libido. It is definately an issue with many women in the child bearing years.

I sympathise with what you're going through although right now I seem to have the opposite problem.

Anyways what I suggested over there was that you try maybe watching some steamy movies. Not like full on dirty movies but just like some Skinemax late night or something like that. I bet your husband would enjoy watching with you. Works for me usually.

FWIW me and DH had a two week fight about DTD. He made some stupid statement that hurt my feelings. Stuff happens.

#77 of 81 Old 11-28-2010, 08:10 PM

Usually when DH is in the mood I'm not, if I'm in the mood hes not.. if we are both then the kids are up and running around.. I sympathize with you on that trouble..

I had a prenatal today, not surprising my 3hr Glucose test came back low and I was told to make sure I eat regularly so my blood sugar doesn't get to low.. Same thing as with DD1.. The baby is doing well as well.. It just hit me though how close we are.. I had to schedule the 34 week appointment while I was there.. that means that the only appointments left are the 34, 38 and 40 (if I get that far!) Wowzo, I didn't realize how close it all is!

#78 of 81 Old 11-29-2010, 01:30 AM
mcs

mrs. music- with my first dd i was crazy for dtd and my dh was so excited when i got pregnant again, but with dd2 i didn't even like to be cuddled. this time, everything feels more relaxed- i am going through ups and downs like usual, but the ups are very "up" and quite enough to keep the downs from feeling too low. last time, my dh thought that he was very understanding, but his "understanding" only lasted about 2 or3 days at a time and then we were back in the "touch/shrug/argue a little" routine. i hope that you can find a way to assure him that it is hormonal and not to do with him.

trekkingirl- i think (think) that soft cheeses are ok to eat when they are cooked. i am living under the european guise that everything is ok (though i don't eat the shrimp that i crave.) i actually don't know if they have the same guidelines, but sometimes ignorance is brie-and salami-bliss.

and....i have been scouting out vietnamese and thia restaurants around the hospital for after the baby is born. that is what i craved after both births before. and my dh knows that it is no joke! lol.

and.....trader joes....oh how i miss you! a few years ago, it was bought by aldi, which is a german grocery chain (they have some in america too,) and a few weeks ago i bought some pecans at aldi that were t.j. brand! dh is going to ask them if they can order other things too. our wish list will be long....and our neighbors will love us.

#79 of 81 Old 11-29-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Music View Post

Blah. My day is crap. DH is mad at me because I had literallly  no sex drive. I guess I hadn't even noticed... so he's mad that I don't respond much and never inititate. But it honestly hadn't occured to me that he would want to since I don't. Stupid, I know, but whatever. I just haven't thought about it. I am guessing it's the pregnancy. I'm uncomfortable, and my hormones are all out of whack. I just wish he wasn't so pissed off about it. And he doesn't seem to think I'll ever want to again and seriously said he'd leave me if I didn't have sex with him. irked.gif

Been there done that.  That's where DH was last time - convinced that I would never want to have sex again.  And very bitter that the 'sex fairy' hadn't come to visit us.  (To be fair, I get bitter about that too!)

But this time around he realizes that me being interested is not so far away, and the really good times are only a few years away.  I was shocked by how strong my sex drive came back once I weaned, and so was he - pleasantly so.

It's only a few years out of our whole lives and it's worth it to add children to our family.

And some time to focus on just him (intimately) without it turning into the full thing helps too every now and then. 

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#80 of 81 Old 11-29-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post

Been there done that.  That's where DH was last time - convinced that I would never want to have sex again.  And very bitter that the 'sex fairy' hadn't come to visit us.  (To be fair, I get bitter about that too!)

But this time around he realizes that me being interested is not so far away, and the really good times are only a few years away.  I was shocked by how strong my sex drive came back once I weaned, and so was he - pleasantly so.

It's only a few years out of our whole lives and it's worth it to add children to our family.

And some time to focus on just him (intimately) without it turning into the full thing helps too every now and then. 

i'm glad to hear you say that...actually, my husband has been very good (patient and laughing) about my absolute non-desire (very opposite of where i usually am)...we have taken to amusing him more, but even with that i felt more inclined earlier in pregnancy, now i just completely seem to forget that part of life exists! and though i do just seem to "forget" that that part of me even existed (it seems so far away)...i was wondering the other day to myself if it will ever come back. i'd really miss it if it doesn't at some point get to the enjoyment level i had before! :) so i was glad to hear you say that for you it did come back. it's really such an amazing thing the body, so i'll be looking forward to that day with a bit more assurance now! thanks for sharing! :)

btw, we're both just in awe that a new babe is being created in our lives and i do think this is played a big part in his and my patience...but sometimes we just miss other aspects of ourselves! :)

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#81 of 81 Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 AM

When he is feeling sad about it, I remind him that I miss wanting him that way.  But I can't help how I feel, and how everything feels wrong sometimes.  We do the best we can, and it will be history soon enough!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page