November chat--its where its at! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, lame title but I've been up since 3am, got back to sleep at 5 and had to get back up at 6 for the school run so.....

How is everyone? I cant believe its November!! We really do not have long to go!! I am 24 viable weeks now with these twins and doing GREATABULOUS!

Feeling very very did I say very HUGE but otherwise doing great. My only
complaints are insomnia still, which is getting better really, and pelvic painand of course constipation. I am still very active and busy throughout the day. I am really nesting now, almost am done with my to do list(Ill post the rest on OKIS thread in a minute) but getting so excited!!!!

My dh got a job and is working long hours for little pay but it's better than nothing for now.
I know this month will fly by. Between all the appointments and thanksgiving, it will be Dec before we know it, than of course Dec will fly by!!!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 AM

Feeling great here. I love this part of pregnancy. Cute baby bump, lots of energy, good appetite, sleeping well, not too uncomfortable. Had a great halloween, went for a hike with the kids yesterday then trick or treating last night. It was cold in the evening but the kids were bundled up under their costumes so we had fun.

DH and I have booked a trip to Cuba for the end of this month. I'm SOOO excited! A little nervous to leave the kids, but they will be staying with DH's parents for a a couple days then with my mom for a couple days (they're in the same town). So ds will miss a week of school but they'll have a great time. I'll be more sad about leaving them once the trip gets closer but DH and I will have a great time, I know.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#3 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 AM

We had a lot of fun taking DS ToTing last night. He was a construction crane and my dh had made his costume out of boxes, paint, tape, spray paint, a styrofoam ball (wrecking ball) and it was soooooo cute (i'll have to post a pic later when I get them on the computer).

He got lots of compliments on his costume and had a great time.

Only complaint was that it started SNOWING brrrrr

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#4 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 PM

Another busy few weeks (I missed another Spotlight, oops) and here I am again. 25 weeks, and struggling with a lot. I'm not currently very happy with my midwives and it's spilling into a lot of my feelings about the pregnancy in general.

DS is down with an ear infection today, so we are having a quiet day at home.

I agree Holly, it's getting awfully cold!

When do you all plan to start the laundry prep? I have a lot of clothes and diapers that have been in storage, and I need to wash them before I use them. I'd like to do it now, but it seems way too early.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#5 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 02:39 PM

It started hailing last night here while trick-or-treating, crazy New England weather. We still had fun. Except now I am eating way too much stupid candy.

I am feeling good. Just really big and a little stressed about how big I am going to get. I'm getting tired of people's comments about my size already.

We are going to Florida for Thanksgiving. I am excited, but worried too. I think it's stressful to travel pregnant, especially with 5 kids.

I also have baby laundry to do and wondered when to start. Aside from buying pink clothes, a pink car seat & pink bouncer (All of which I really didn't need - but I am so excited to buy pink) I haven't done anything else to prepare. It still seems early.

Oh, and I am starting to slow down. I don't want to be, but my body can't seem to keep up with me anymore.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#6 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM

Snow already Holly?! Yikes! I love snow, but I'm glad it doesn't really start around here for another month.

I have to say I'm a little jealous of you ladies traveling south. I would love to get out into the warm and sun for a few days!

I should probably start pulling out baby clothes and diapers. That means going through my parent's basement and I'm just not ready for that. I'll probably wait until after the holidays before I even bother start doing that stuff. With DS though, I washed everything so early I had to re-wash it after it sat in the dresser for three months, lol!

I need to start planning DS's first birthday party. Its only three weeks away!! No idea what the theme should be, if anything....hmmm....

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#7 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM

3xMama, that's what I'm trying to avoid. With DS we were getting stuff for the whole last trimester (my stepmother loves to buy baby clothes second hand) so we were washing as we received. This time there is a lot of waiting.

We didn't get snow quite, but the weather was miserable last night for the trick or treaters. : Wet and damp and freezing.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11

#8 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 PM

so we had tons of trick or treaters last night! While all that was going on it was also the fourth game of the world series. I was updating all the parents out with their kids on the score to the game. San Francisco Bay has Giants fever BIG TIME! It was just really exciting when they won last night. My kids got tons of candy of course!

I have been spending some time over in the Birth And Beyond forum lately. Starting to start gearing up towards birth. On Thursday I will be third trimester. It's going to fly by with the holidays already in full force around here. Oh and day light savings is next Saturday. I hate it when it gets dark so early.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#9 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 05:04 PM

When does 3rd trimester start officially?

#10 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Well the website i'm looking at says 28 weeks= 3rd tri and that means i'll start third tri on Nov. 19!! That is crazy! I cannot believe how fast 2nd tri goes by!!! WHOA!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#11 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day, and saw I was starting the third tri. at november 14th with 28 weeks then. That's crazy to think about!
I'm 26+1 now. I'm glad I'm this far along.

I have PGP (pelvic girdle pain), which means I have to walk kinda slow, and can't walk too much. Yesterday I took it a bit too far and have been paying for it all day. Luckily I have my physio tomorrow!

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#12 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 PM

My kids loved trick-or-treating yesterday. After a few houses, even M got into it. He's kind of shy so I wasn't expecting him to get too into it. But as soon as he realized they were dropping candy into his bucket, he started running to the houses yelling trick or treat and thank you before he even knocked on the door. K was just as into it and good at is as you'd expect a 3 year old to be.

I'll be 28 weeks on Thanksgiving. It's my first big milestone in pregnancy, putting me further along than my first pregnancy. And of course, what pregnant woman doesn't look forward to a holiday about food?

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#13 of 81 Old 11-01-2010, 11:02 PM

my week by week pregnancy book says 27 weeks marks the start of the third trimester so I guess it depends on who you ask!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#14 of 81 Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Wow, really, third tri is so soon?! That means I'll be third tri on Thursday if you're going with 27 wks and in a week and a half if you go by 28 wks. I think I'll go with the 28 wk mark, I'm not sure I'm ready to admit that I'm in my third trimester yet...

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#15 of 81 Old 11-02-2010, 01:14 PM

it's amazing i'm at the tail end of the month...so i've got another 4 weeks before the 3rd trimester hits! it's going faster though for me...i just realized it's 3 weeks to thanksgiving and i've got to figure out what we're doing.

we've just decided on our shower date, i believe it's the 2nd january. my MIL & SIL will be in from france and they don't have that tradition so we're going to do it after the holidays, but before they leave on the 3rd. it's probably a little too close to the festivities of the season, but i want to share the experience with them. so i've got to prepare the list and get it off to my friend who will be giving us the shower. plus i've got to wrap up our registry. we are doing it on amazon, and it seems pretty convenient. even if we don't get much from it, it's good to have a documented places of what i must have, nice to have, etc. in one place.

i got to get moving for the day...but it's so nice to be growing with baby! wow. i'm just soooo ecstatic we're going to have a baby! it's been a long wait! it seems to be getting more and more real every day!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#16 of 81 Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
mcs

it is all beginning to feel very "real" to me too- and i am getting more excited everyday about my three girls. we still have a ton to do/buy, but i had a phone call today from a coworker of dh's- she wants us to come over later this week and look through her baby stuff! i feel like i won the lottery! plus, while we are here in stuttgart (visiting il's), we will go to some thrift stores.

we skipped halloween this year. i never did find the costumes and so my older daughter said that she would instead be the bird from Peter and the Wolf and we started to piece that together, but when i asked my (nearly) 3yr if she could plleeaaase be the cat also from PandtheW, she said "no, i will be lana" (the name she has given herself for the week.) i tried the "lana dressed as a cat??" angle, but there was no biting. so, on the day of halloween, i woke up sick in the night and dh had a terrible headache, neither of the girls mentioned it..... and so, we let it pass. i feel like a bad mama. next year. i hope in the mean time we will meet another american family, it would be more fun.

now, we are at my il's- stress. but, better than it could be.....

cuba! that sounds fantastic! have a great time.

heading south does sound like a good treat.

twinkle fey- what about the midwives? it is too bad that it is pulling you down so much. hugs.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#17 of 81 Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 PM

mcs: I'm feeling very... bullied and pushed around because of the 'BMI' thing they have going on right now - they have overseeing OB's they report to who are apparently throwing their weight around. I need to sort that out. It's really stressful to think about so I've been avoiding it.

#18 of 81 Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM

I went in to see the midwife today. Everything is still going fine. She decided to pull out the measuring tape to see how ahead I'm measuring. I'm as big as I was when I had my daughter, but I weigh a couple pounds less. (Though I've gained more weight since I didn't have the raging morning sickness this time) That's 3 weeks ahead. Not too bad. But it does mean the baby is constantly kicking my ribs and squishing my lungs so I'm always out of breath.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#19 of 81 Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Im so tired for some reason this week! Doesn't help both girls woke with fevers and coughing last night. Weirdly enough they aren't coughing nor do they have fevers this morning. So either its a quick bug or they have super strong immune systems (this wouldn't surprise me, neither gets sick very often and when they do its only for maybe 24 hours even when it knocks me down for weeks). I hope they sleep better tonight because Im tired.
I had an appointment yesterday at the OB. Not suprising the baby is measuring small. My babies ALWAYS measure small to the point where Im told Im going to have a small baby. DD1 they were predicting under 6 pounds and DD2 under 7.. DD1 was 8 lbs 9ozs and DD2 was 8lbs 4 ozs, no not small babies at all. They want me to go in for another ultrasound to check growth, I agreed to appease them and so that DH doesn't worry. He has a tendency to worry about EVERYTHING when Im pregnant.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#20 of 81 Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 PM
mcs

when i read the title for this thread, i can't help but finishing "two turn tables and a microphone...." any other beck fans with this problem? lol.

well, today i learned that "thrift" stores and "second-hand" stores are not the same in stuttgart. we didn't find any "thrift" today- things here were insanely expensive! on the up-side of the day.....my ILs watched the girls for us for the first time ever! they did not want to do it (they have totally forgotten what kids are and are afraid of ....we don't know what,) but dh pressured them and it turned out that they had a great time. i knew my girls would charm them! today was only for an hour or so, but maybe before the baby comes we could coax them into letting us go out for a night--- and even bigger schemes----maybe they will help us when the baby is born. or maybe i am dreaming. lol.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#21 of 81 Old 11-03-2010, 05:50 PM

well my 2nd trimester was rough only bc i had very bad allergies. i tried the neti pot but it did not help. way too stuffed up. i took my allergy med once in awhile when i was really bad. i am doing fine now with the cooler weather coming in. a few weeks ago we found out we are having a girl then shortly after that i finally felt her kick and she has not stopped. i wanted to see her kicks so i tried laying on my back sorta stretched out. i certainly did she her moving around. daddy got to see her a few days later. he loves to feel her kicks at night. she is very active at niight around 10-11. the only difficult thing i am experiencing is when i have to bend over or kneel down then get back up. where i work i do alot of up and down work. so everyone hears me grunt and groan. lol. i know she will be kicking alot harder as she grows, but i just can't wait to meet her.
#22 of 81 Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 PM

so I found a great thread in the homebirth section. It's actually a sticky. The one about what you wish you would have thought of beforehand at your homebirth. Really good suggestions there. Just thought I would share.

under homebirth helpfull resources sticky

#23 of 81 Old 11-05-2010, 03:41 AM

Can I vent real fast?
I am soo sick and tired of the medical care out here! I just got a call since i was within 10 of the "limits" of the glucose test I "have to" do the 3 hour test. I asked what within 10 was it was 130.. Hello, thats NOT FAILING? But if I refuse to do the 3 hour test im looking at having the baby in the NICU because of "suspected untreated diabitis" UGHS THey did this with the first one to only I was within 15. Second one I was at like 100 so they didn't mess with me then. Im SO TIRED OF IT!! Why can't they just leave pregnant women alone? I could see if I totally failed the thing to worry but if just about anything is a fail to them why even do the test?? Why just not say everyone fails we will treat you all like crap because we can. Im so tired of them finding something wrong at EVERY SINGLE VISIT. The one before Last one they tried to say I had boarderline high blood pressure because it was 115/70.. Umm thats not high or even close to it. Give me a break Im so tired of them! Last one the baby is "measuring small" so I "have to" do another ultrasound.. Im so tired of it.. I just want to go back to where I have more choices in medical care then between someone I can't understand and someone who wants to do test after test.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#24 of 81 Old 11-05-2010, 07:20 AM

Hello everyone, Happy November. I feel like its been a while since I've been on our club site. So busy this second trimester, but feeling pretty good. My pelvic pain has been staying under control. I'm 27 weeks 2 days (just had to look it up, I lose count!).

I likely have my final u/s today. A little nervous. A midwife told me this week that the baby is breech. And, although it is still relatively early, she said that if the u/s confirms I should start looking into ways to turn her. She said they have more success turning early than waiting a month from now when the baby is bigger. I've never had a breech baby, so I need to start some research.

I'm excited. Excited because the daily movement is really starting to make this all feel REAL. My kids are so fun right now. Halloween was wonderful and I can't wait for the upcoming holidays. We are all really looking forward to some exciting months ahead.

P.S. Did I mention that I have an out-of-control sweet tooth? My inlaws are in town, and between the wonderful treats they brought and halloween - well, its scary. I'm afraid I'm growing into whale territory and that I'm going to regret my choices when its time to PUSH!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#25 of 81 Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM

I have to share somewhere: It snowed a little today! I'm so excited, I love snow! Yay!

Heather-sorry to hear you have to do the 3 hr test. I had to do it with my last when it was just barely at the break off point. It was a real pain in the butt and added some extra stress that I don't think was necessary. Good luck, though! I'm quite sure it'll work out.

#26 of 81 Old 11-05-2010, 11:35 PM

Let's see...DH lost his job and our van broke. When I'm on my feet too long, I get braxton-hicks and they're NOT comfy.

On the up side, my hips have been hurting less since the baby moved up.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#27 of 81 Old 11-06-2010, 04:59 PM

my sister is gifting me a 4d ultrasound when she comes to visit. I will be 33 weeks then and the tech said that is perfect timing to get some really good pictures. I'm excited!

#28 of 81 Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 PM

I've been incredibly ridiculously tired the last 4 or 5 days. I swear I have the lamest dr. ever, but not too many choices here. Have my glucose test on Monday and another ultrasound because they "couldn't see the organs good enough." Hoping to find out the gender this time. My 4 year old cut off her and her sisters hair, which I am getting over but was really upsetting. We are possibly going to be moving back to the mainland about a month before baby is born, so stressing out about moving, having to find a new job, and maybe having to go back to work right away. On the bright side of things the baby is moving a lot now, still feels very low but it's kicking like crazy and the girls got to feel it for the first time. My 4 yo says it's a girl and it's going to be named Fluff.

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

#29 of 81 Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 PM

yesterday Aubrey Rose was so active that she was making my whole belly move. I called my kids over to watch my belly with me. They were totally blown away when they saw my whole entire belly move. My 3yo DS said wow mommy she's really in there! It was cool!

#30 of 81 Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post
yesterday Aubrey Rose was so active that she was making my whole belly move. I called my kids over to watch my belly with me. They were totally blown away when they saw my whole entire belly move. My 3yo DS said wow mommy she's really in there! It was cool!
That freaks my kids out! They used to like to feel the kicks but they don't anymore when they can see it LOL. They are still VERY excited tho, ds grins all the time and says "I CAN"T WAIT!" and dd tells me all the things she's going to do to help with the baby. Ds' face is right at my belly height so he's always walking up to me and kissing my belly

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page