Can I confess?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And if you want to make me feel better, you can confess something too...

I do not take vitamins.

I have never taken them in all the pregnancies. I did try to take flinstones in the beginning of this one, but I was soooooooo sick they even made me feel like crapola. My iron is 14. Which is great especially for a twin pregnancy. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits, cereal and protein and milk, etc. I eat very well actually. I do drink emergen c regularly but thats about it. I know, I am terrible. But I had to confess. Because irl I would get chewed out by everyone if they knew.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#2 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think that's so terrible...especially since you eat a variety of healthy foods Some people think me planning a UP & UC is terrible, and last time I even got chewed out for not getting "proper prenatal care". That's their opinion, I don't let it bother me
#3 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 PM

Ooh, chalk another one up for no vitamins. I eat a variety of foods and I think that is good enough. My midwife in my first pregnancy actually advised me to not take prenatals under the idea that the sort from food were more easily absorbed anyways. She did have me fill out a food journal for two weeks to make sure my diet compensated for the lack of prenatals and she gave me the okay.

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#4 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM

I don't take them either. What makes me feel even MORE guilty? The fact that I intended to, while knowing that I hate them. So I've got tons of things in the fridge that I should take each day and they just sit. Every time I open the fridge it's like staring at wasted cash.

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#5 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 02:17 PM

As long as you are eating a healthy diet, I don't see the issue.

My confession...I've eaten soooo much Halloween candy in the past three days. I should have a perpetual upset stomach from it all! I think I'm going to have to have DH hide it from me tomorrow. I really need to cool it on the candy!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#6 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 02:27 PM

I second the Halloween candy. I have eaten so much I feel sick. And I feel compelled to eat more. I might have to start throwing it out.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#7 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM

I wouldn't feel guilty if you aren't suffering from it. I feel guilty if I miss a day because I know my iron is low, I'm tired all the time, and I don't eat as well as I should. There's a big difference there.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#8 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 04:54 PM

I drink coffee every day. When you wake up at 4am for work no coffee just isn't an option. I also sip off of DH's diet cokes.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#9 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 05:02 PM

Oh yes confessions.

I drink caffeinated tea everyday.

I love Diet Coke and buy my own.

I take sips from DH's beer.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#10 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 05:50 PM

i drink coffee everyday and have been eating way too much sugar, but i do take my vitamins and get my gallon of water a day .

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#11 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM

I have been having a grande peppermint mocha latte every day from the start of the second trimester on.

I also have probably overdone it on salmon and tuna (I try to stick to once a week but it sometimes is 2 or 3 times).

Oh and the last few days I've been having chocolate milk before bed.. Yum!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#12 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 06:06 PM

I take my vits about half the time. I always forget. The other thing, that's not so much a confession as a worry, is that I was trying to lose weight before i found out I was pg and I had developed the bad habit of drinking diet Pepsi (a big one) nearly everyday. Of course, by the time I found out I was pg, I'd been drinking it a while. It worries me so much, I'm afraid I've damaged my baby's brain in some way

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#13 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM

I confess-
I drink a glass a wine at least once a week.

I drink coffee every morning.

I had fast food this weekend because I was too tired to cook (and gave my twins their first Happy Meal and they LOVED it. )

I've had raw sushi twice last month (and it was delicious).

read.gifLibrarian, Wife and Mostly Crunchy Domestic Engineer. Mama to two little "birds"- ID di/di twin girls (3/09)twins.gif and a "fuzz" (2/11) babyboy.gif
#14 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 PM

A couple of times when I've gotten heart burn in the evenings, I've sent my SO out to get me some chocolate milk and I've had a glass. It helps a little bit.
(We usually have oat milk, or almond, sometimes rice, but I don't drink any of them.)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#15 of 23 Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM

Ooh, another one here for sushi. I can only eat about two rolls at a meal anyways, but I've not been skipping the raw fish. I didn't in the first pregnancy either.

My fast food admission is getting my daughter a McDonalds chocolate shake (well, we shared!) when we left her sippy of milk at home after a shopping trip.

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#16 of 23 Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM

I have a cup (or 2) of coffee every morning, and I have really slacked off on my workouts.

Those are my confessions.

Bad mommy. Bad.

Cami, wife to a guy and mom to some kids. Expecting someone new in Februrary!â¢â¢â¢â¢5â¢â¢â¢â¢10â¢â¢â¢â¢15â¢â¢â¢â¢20â¢â¢â¢25â¢â¢â¢â¢30â¢â¢â¢â¢35â¢â¢â¢â¢40
#17 of 23 Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
mcs

i didn't know that chocolate milk was a confessional food!

i havn't been taking my prenatals b/c they made me sick in the beginning and then i decided that diet was enough. but,,,, i am starting again b/c of my lack of energy.

and, i drink coffee almost everyday. it started out small (once a week..) but when you live with my husband, it is very hard!

i ate a lot of salami from the deli today. it was not that good, but filling, and i was hungry!

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#18 of 23 Old 11-05-2010, 06:18 PM

DDCC....

Another twin mom here who doesn't take her vitamins. I remember every now and then but that's it. And even then its just a flinstones with iron. My irons started off high, dropped and is working its way back up. So no biggies there.

(I'm also naughty and drink pepsi... i love it)

Mama to a zoo!
#19 of 23 Old 11-06-2010, 10:59 AM

I wish I could drink soda! I am a 1-2 can a day girl before I get pregnant and then the moment I get the positive through the moment the baby is out, I feel ill when it touches my mouth.

This is an old confession, but I feel totally guilty about it anyways. When I had my daughter, I was so excited I could drink soda again, I had 3 cans in one day and she was colicky for the next 3 days when she was such a happy baby before then. She was never colicky again, and I felt/feel terrible that my soda addiction caused her tummy upset at such a young age.

#20 of 23 Old 11-06-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenn View Post
I wish I could drink soda! I am a 1-2 can a day girl before I get pregnant and then the moment I get the positive through the moment the baby is out, I feel ill when it touches my mouth.

This is an old confession, but I feel totally guilty about it anyways. When I had my daughter, I was so excited I could drink soda again, I had 3 cans in one day and she was colicky for the next 3 days when she was such a happy baby before then. She was never colicky again, and I felt/feel terrible that my soda addiction caused her tummy upset at such a young age.
Hey, I just noticed that you live in Orlando! We are headed down there in January for a 2 week vacation. We are staying at Shades of Green (a military resort...my dad will be just getting back from afghanistan and so we are celebrating with a big vacation). I am not sure how i'll feel walking around disney world all day being 8 months preggo lol, but i'll def be lying by pool a bunch!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#21 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 09:28 PM

OT- Holly, you will love Shades of Green! I haven't stayed there yet but I go there every time we are down there to get tickets (military gets discounted rates). Its beautiful and relaxing. My in-laws live around there so we haven't had to stay in a hotel in a while, next time we are debating it just so we can get some family time without anyone else around.

Back on topic: Confessions- we ate fast food twice last week because I felt horrible and couldn't cook... I ate donuts right before my last appointment because I forgot that I had the stupid 1 hour test that day (umm, maybe thats why it was boarderline ). Instead of cleaning after my husband leaves for work Ive been going back to sleep and cleaning after the kids wake up.. I haven't worked out at all this pregnancy since I started getting morning sickness.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#22 of 23 Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM

I don't want to post my confessions someplace so public. But I have a lot to confess.

Re the vitamins, I take them really well some weeks, but most of the time I don't. I think that my body tells me when it wants them, and mostly it doesn't need them.

Heather, I never was much for working out. I collect excuses for not exercising.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#23 of 23 Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
Hey, I just noticed that you live in Orlando! We are headed down there in January for a 2 week vacation. We are staying at Shades of Green (a military resort...my dad will be just getting back from afghanistan and so we are celebrating with a big vacation). I am not sure how i'll feel walking around disney world all day being 8 months preggo lol, but i'll def be lying by pool a bunch!
Holly! I love to see people visiting Florida during the 4 months when it is pretty and stellar. You'll have lovely weather! Waddle away if you need to - no one at DW cares. They might even go out of their way to help you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page