December chat; vents & encouragements & shameless plugs for support :) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 139 Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosce View Post

By the way, you've all seen that movie, BABIES, right?

I couldn't watch the whole movie because there seemed to be a theme of the parents leaving the baby or babies alone, one or more would start crying from being hurt by the other one or simply because they need their parents and then nothing would happen.  The camera would keep rolling, we'd all watch these poor babies crying and getting no attention and then the scene would be over.  I didn't understand the point of that...bothered me deeply.

#62 of 139 Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 PM

That bothered me, too. But just the concept of watching these kids grow over the first year was really neat.

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#63 of 139 Old 12-14-2010, 02:03 PM

I haven't seen the movie?

I wanted to share something funny that happened today at work. I was ringing up an older lady and she noticed I was only wearing a t shirt. She asked me aren't you cold? I said actually I'm hot. She responded with, "oh are you going through the change of life"? I'm 29 years old! I said actually I'm expecting. She says oh how far along are you? When I responded with 33w I notice the lady behind her totally sizing me up. She looked totally shocked that I could be that far along. I wonder if she thought I was lying. People are too funny!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#64 of 139 Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 PM
mcs

i've never heard of it- is it a documentary? we have a childrens book about a mother getting really angry at her daughter after the daughter has made a lot of trouble one day. i like the book, b/c it shows that the mother can also mess up, like the kid....but, then i noticed that in every picture of the girl causing "trouble" the mother is occupied with something else and i have to wonder....what if she were just giving a little more attention??

nosce- i think it is a really beautiful idea to do the photo/blog for a year. i love to look at picutures of our family- sometimes, when i am having a bad day, i look at our pictures and let the little lie of everyday-allyear beauty and happiness lift me up a little. my dh took weekly photos of my first pregnancy and i have to say that we laugh now- it is weeks and weeks of nothing happening- only the expression on my face showing that i think that my flat belly is growing. lol......but, the first year of life would def. be the most exciting.

in other news....i am tired. all of the time. i had an appointment with both my midwife and dr. today and had them test my iron. mw said that it was a little low, but that i should stop worrying about it- that i have two kids who have been sick for two weeks and am growing a baby and getting about with a giant belly. i wish that i could have had a magic cure, but i am almost as happy to hear that i am "normal."  i have been kind of hard on myself lately, feeling like i am not "strong" enough/am lazy......the big mother trap.

i also have an appointment at the hospital tommorow to meet with one of the midwives there and draw up a birth plan. i am excited/interested to see how it will go.

okimom- in america, you can buy nori sheets really cheap! we had a korean friend in ny who got our kids hooked on "kimbop" which is just rice loosely handrolled in nori (they can do it themselves.) it is a snack for a mama to feel pretty good about, but here...it costs a fortune! every once in a while, i splurge and buy a pack and we go "kimbop crazy."

i would love to see the felt rolls that you made! in the store, when i see felt food, i always think that i will make some.....but i never have.

off to bed b/c did i mention.....how tired i am?

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#65 of 139 Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 PM

MCS- Ive been tired 99% of the time as well.. I wake up ok but Im exhausted by the time my girls get up (I get up at 4am, except for rare occasions/sicknesses/newborns Ive gotten up at this time since I was 13, its just how my body is now) at 7. By noon Im struggling to keep my eyes open. Im thinking I might be low on iron because I usually am but the doctor didn't say anything last appointment after the blood draw. Of course I can't take that to mean anything, he also didn't realize that I was suppose to have a follow up ultrasound and was confused when I mentioned it. One time i would like to see the same doctor two appointments in a row, it might help things a little..

I don't actually know HOW to make sushi.. Maybe I should get one of my Japanese friends to teach me before I leave.

Anyone know how cold it gets over in the Carolinas? We don't actually own jackets (my girls have fleece ones that are either a fleece jacket or a light weight rain coat but I don't have one) so Im pretty sure that Im going to have to do some clothing shopping for everyone before next winter.. haha at least I have time. We have plenty of summer wear to get us through the hot and humid season.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#66 of 139 Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 AM

nosce--i loved the movie babies! rainbow mandala, i can totally see the part that was upsetting about the babies crying...and nobody responding...but i definitely wanted to go join the mother in africa after seeing it! and i thought it was really interesting even though the parents were very different, it's amazing how similar the babies are! going through similar stages, similar interests at different times. just totally fell even more in love with the ease of the african mom. it seemed like everyone else had other places to be and things to do...

on a different note, i'm in texas! my house is packed up and i've got a week with family (god help me!) smile.gif my sister gets married on sunday and my family's going to have a small shower for me on saturday...i'm really excited to be here helping my sis prepare for the wedding! 

i've taken back up napping...on the tired level. and this week i'm suddenly feeling the difference in breathing! i'll just be standing and suddenly be out of breath. i'm really watching my posture, and adding any extra space i can...but i think i'm just running low on room! smile.gif oh well. about 10 more weeks of growth for me!!! it's so fun to share my pregnant belly with my mom! i've missed that and am so glad she gets to see me pregnant before coming out after the babe is born!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#67 of 139 Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 PM

We can hang out! I'm going to disney at 34 to 36 weeks :)   Oh wait, you said "land" we are going to "world" lol  I keep joking that i'm going to need a motorized scooter because i am not going to be able to handle all the walking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

not a very chit chatty bunch are we?

I can't believe the decade is almost over.

I can't believe my pregnancy is almost over. 7 more weeks.

DH wants to take the kids to Disneyland for DS's birthday when I'm 36wks. DS's birthday is the end of Feb but DH thought we should celebrate before baby is here.

I'm way to frugal to enjoy disney so he suggested I hang with my sister who lives a few miles away. It's a six hour drive! Not sure how I will handle that but at least I haven't experienced any swelling this pregnancy. Financially it seems like a really irresponsible time to be planning a vacation. DH usually thinks with his heart and not his head though.

It's a good thing he's cute!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#68 of 139 Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM

I think if you get a wheelchair you can go to the front of the lines. Maybe I should check into that, LOL!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#69 of 139 Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM

If you have a wheelchair you do! and so does your party. My husbands grandma uses a wheelchair (mainly because shes one lazy lady, she doesn't even want to walk from the car to the trams to get to the park) and the best part about it was the little wait for most of the rides. Only ones you have to wait on is ones you can board through the normal boarding without clogging the entrances.. I warn you through its expensive to do that, you might want to look into one of the town rental places if you are serious instead of getting one at Disney. Especially if its going to be busy because they will run out of them.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#70 of 139 Old 12-15-2010, 08:45 PM

ashleybrook- that's what I loved about it, too. I loved watching the African mama taking time to just hold her baby and kiss his toes. Each moment seemed so sacred to her- there's a certain charm in an isolated lifestyle/culture- it seems like the faster life goes the harder we have to work to notice the small things. There were so many moments in the movie where it was almost eeiry how similar the babies were to every other baby I know. That's what always amazes me about babies- the way they all do the same things, just in their own unique style.

mcs- You know, doing this project with my toddler has really helped me! I did my best to take photos of ALL parts of our year- the sleeping peacefully AND the tantrums. So while a part of me feels guilty for snapping a pic instead of just immediately hugging my screaming child (which I did do .3 seconds after taking the photo, I promise!) I can understand why the BABIES people just kept the cameras rolling. And having all these photos of the sweet moments give me something to look at when we're having one of those days where she just seems to scream and scream. She also really made the leap from baby to girl in this last year. It's so strange now to look at the photos from January and February- she looks like such a baby!! So many changes this year- potty learning, sleeping through the night (FINALLY), daycare while I was in college, this pregnancy. It's neat to watch her change in the album.

I can't WAIT to do a first year set with my son- from his birth day to his first birthday!

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#71 of 139 Old 12-16-2010, 08:36 PM

I think that the BABIES people is actually just one person. All he did was film and i think it would have been less authentic should he have interfered...although I had questions when the Mongolian brother wheeled the little brother out amongst the animals...Man he had it out for that little brother.
#72 of 139 Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:

ashleybrook- that's what I loved about it, too. I loved watching the African mama taking time to just hold her baby and kiss his toes. Each moment seemed so sacred to her- there's a certain charm in an isolated lifestyle/culture- it seems like the faster life goes the harder we have to work to notice the small things. There were so many moments in the movie where it was almost eeiry how similar the babies were to every other baby I know. That's what always amazes me about babies- the way they all do the same things, just in their own unique style.

mcs- You know, doing this project with my toddler has really helped me! I did my best to take photos of ALL parts of our year- the sleeping peacefully AND the tantrums. So while a part of me feels guilty for snapping a pic instead of just immediately hugging my screaming child (which I did do .3 seconds after taking the photo, I promise!) I can understand why the BABIES people just kept the cameras rolling. And having all these photos of the sweet moments give me something to look at when we're having one of those days where she just seems to scream and scream. She also really made the leap from baby to girl in this last year. It's so strange now to look at the photos from January and February- she looks like such a baby!! So many changes this year- potty learning, sleeping through the night (FINALLY), daycare while I was in college, this pregnancy. It's neat to watch her change in the album.

I can't WAIT to do a first year set with my son- from his birth day to his first birthday!

Love this idea and wish I'd done it with DS - we've got a ton of pictures, but nothing this organized!  I'll definitely be stealing the idea for our little Eliot in February :).

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#73 of 139 Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 AM

Ahhh! I didn't know you were having an Elliott, too! How neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComplexOphelia View Post

Quote:

Love this idea and wish I'd done it with DS - we've got a ton of pictures, but nothing this organized!  I'll definitely be stealing the idea for our little Eliot in February :).

#74 of 139 Old 12-17-2010, 04:07 PM

We got a ton of pictures with DD1 but not that many with DD2. I hope to get more this time. 

#75 of 139 Old 12-20-2010, 03:03 AM
mcs

so, we are back from the birthday weekend and it was really really nice. my sweet dh even brought a cake to wake me up with in the morning. before we left, i was looking strasbourg up and found out that they have a huge christmas market (plural, really- they have 11 markets) with ice skating, and kids areas, and a giant christmas tree, and free concerts all over the city,,,,,ect. so, it was really exciting. sat. was really cold, snowy, and windy, but we bundled up and headed out. dd2 hates-hates-hates the cold though, so after a few hours of wandering around with a few warm up stops, she was done and we went back to the hotel for a nap, then headed back out in the evening to eat. we found a great resturaunt, but a slow one- we were there for almost 3 hours. romantic without kids...... but, really- they were fantastic and i splurgged and ate shrimp! it was all that i had dreamed of. lol.

when we walked up the stairs at almost 11pm i felt like i was going to have the baby- like my uterus was dropping out of me. and then, that night, i drempt that i had bloody show and a bit of my mucus plug in the toilet. in the morning i ran to make sure that it wasn't true.....it wasn't, but my body was soooo sore from walking and sleeping on a hotel matrass that we decided to skip the rainy weather and just head home.

and, i was really happy that we did b/c when we arrived, i called my mom's house to find my sister there and she told me that my grandma was very sick and would probably die soon. which she did, yesterday afternoon. she was very old and has been slowing down for a long time, and it seemed like she knew, in the morning, that it would be her last day. she died with all 6 of her remaining children around the bed with her.  she was the mother to 7, grandmother to 23, great-grandmother to...i don't know how many- ran her own store, cooked every meal, every day for my grandfather and uncountable sunday and holiday dinners for all of us.....she was really a storybook grandma with an overload of soft love and a freezer always stocked with ice cream. i come (obviously) from a huge family and i am feeling so strange and sad that i can't be with them. and while i am crying i am feeling happy too, that we have another baby on the way b/c suddenly it seems that i need to build up my own giant family. i want to have a christmas with a house as full as her's. 

she was also really funny- she had a brain tumor 15 or so years ago and just before her sugery, she said to the surgeon, "hey, while you are up there, would you mind changing the station? i am tired of hearing country music all day." lol. 

#76 of 139 Old 12-20-2010, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

mcs, sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Sounds like she was a pretty amazing lady and very loved.

My entire house is still fighting a virus. I am taking my 3 youngest back to the pedi today just to make sure they are still ok. It seems like it's been weeks since I have slept. I also have my 32 week check up today. I look forward to my appointments, except this time it's with a Dr because there is no mw in the office this week. I bet my blood pressure will be bad - although it's been great this entire time (I think I have white coat syndrome.) Other than that, I can't believe Christmas is almost here. I still need to get nursing bras.

Amy, happily married to my Sweetie Pie partners.gif, Grateful for all my Blessings, in love with my rainbow1284.gifbaby.gif

#77 of 139 Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM

MCS- Im sorry about your grandma. Its hard to lose someone you love.

mommy- I have major white coat syndrome, I can't stand seeing doctors. My blood pressure is always great and as soon as I get to the office it skyrockets. I just monitor my blood pressure at home and if its high at the office I insist they wait for 10 minutes then retake it without the machine (those machines hurt me pretty bad and cause my whole arm to go numb for 20-30 minutes afterwards so Im not a fan). After the wait and doing it manually its never high. The doctor I had last pregnancy just told the corpsmen to not take my blood pressure hed do it during the appointment and of course it was never high. To bad he left back to the states before I became pregnant this time.

#78 of 139 Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM

mcs sorry about your grandma. I had one like that too. I miss her dearly.

So yesterday I was having horrible crampy cervical pain and braxton hicks all day. Aubrey was twisting and turning so much that I couldn't help but watch my stomach wobble. I called the on call OB to let her know what was going on and she said I needed to call L&D. Well I called them five times and the phone just rang and rang. My DH was at work, I had both of my kids, and it was pouring rain. I could have driven over there to get checked out but it's all the way in San Francisco. 40 min away in good weather plus six bucks to cross the golden gate bridge. If they were too busy to answer the phone I can't even imagine how long the wait would have been with both my kids. I decided to stay home. I tried to email my doctor today to tell her what happened but found out she is out of the office till the 28th.  So I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do. The pain is a lot less today but I'm still getting occasional pressure and cramping. I guess they could be contractions but I don't really remember them feeling like this? Meanwhile I'm still working a physical job that requires heavy lifting. I kind of wish I was on my maternity leave already. Then I could just take it easy. Any suggestions? Or ideas as to what might be going on?

#79 of 139 Old 12-20-2010, 04:32 PM

I had something like that when I was overdoing it with DD2 and with this one. Generally meant I needed to slow down and take it a little easier (which is easier said than done). Ive been in a ton of pain lately that only stops if I lay down or sit down for a while and don't try to do any heavy lifting (like carrying 70 lbs of kids). If it hasn't let up by lunch time Id see if I couldn't get ahold of your doctor's co-workers/partners, she has to have someone who you can call while she is gone.

#80 of 139 Old 12-21-2010, 09:44 AM

mcs-- big hugs! it sounds like your grandma was a wonderful lady! what a blessing to be a part of a family like that!!! and it is exciting to think your in the process of creating your own! i send love to all your family as you transition! 

well, we're back in california...home sweet home! except my home is pack up and we were supposed to get the keys on friday to the new house (our realtor was going to get them for us)...and it's raining! :) did i mention my mil and sil had an 8 hour delay from the snow in paris so instead of them being at the airport when we arrived, we had to hang around and go back to LAX at 11ish last night!!! i'm glad i used to live there, my dh and i just went over to my friends house and we chatted a while, before i passed out on her bed for an hour! smile.gif i felt really bad for my MIL and SIL, my MIL is around 86, but she was doing amazing when they got in! wow. we're all just glad they made it...a lot of the flights had been cancelled.

so the plan was to move tomorrow, but we're just hoping to get the keys today or tomorrow! and the weather says the rain moves out on thursday, so hopefully we have keys by the time we have no rain!!! i definitely want to move before christmas if possible...who wants to be in a boxed up house with in-laws for christmas?! but i'm just trying to relax since these things are out of my hands at the moment! whatever is the case, it can't rain forever here in sunny southern california, especially since we're in the desert-like area! smile.gif plus it's probably a good thing that it looks like we'll all have one more day to rest and feel recovered from the travels! 

one last note...my sister's wedding was so beautiful, i couldn't imagine not having been there...and it was so wonderful to celebrate the arrival of our little one with my family and see them while i was pregnant! the last time i saw them when i was pregnant, i came home and we miscarried a month after, so it just really made it special to be able to see them while i am all round with a belly dancing with the little one!!! all for now! :) thanks for listening to all my news! there does seem to be a lot going on right now!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#81 of 139 Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm so so frustrated and sad right now.

The midwifery clinic in my area is falling apart, and right now the clinic is 'suspended' until mid January.  I have no care provider, so they are faxing my records back to my family doctor and I won't be having a homebirth as of right now.  It will take a miracle to put it all back together.

gloomy.gif

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#82 of 139 Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM

Ashley- hopefully you can get everything moved in quickly! I wouldn't want to be dealing with a move and inlaws at the same time either. Even though mine are pretty great at helping out (my SIL is already asking when we are looking at getting our household shipment back in the states so she can come help me unpack and get everything settled when we get there).

Twinkle- Hugs! I read your other post! I can't believe you have to deal with that on top of being this far along and the holidays approaching. I hope they get it straightened out soon so you can still have your homebirth..

#83 of 139 Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM

so I just have to announce that my DH actually cut and painted my toe nails for me. He is so awesome!

I spent this morning at the doctors office having all kinds of tests run to make sure all the cramping and pain I've been having isn't preterm labor. Everything checked out ok but the doctor I saw still decided to write me off of work a little earlier than planned. My regular doctor is on vacation so I guess I lucked out because we originally talked about dec 30 or Jan 6th.

The last few nights I have been woken from sleep with tightening pains in my lower uturus that have kept me up for a few hours at a time. Then I would get up at 4am to go to my physical job. That makes for one miserable mama. I'm really looking forward to some real sleep.

Anybody else having practice contractions?

#84 of 139 Old 12-22-2010, 08:37 PM

So many Braxton Hicks contractions over here....  I've been working in my booth outside in the cold, thankfully my dp has been helping wih set up and break down, but I come away every day tight as a fist and crying from exhaustion.  I can't wait to put it all away xmas eve!!!  I'm ready to rest.  My dear uterus can do what she will, it's just uncomfortable, not painful to me...

#85 of 139 Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 AM
mcs

trekkingirl- so happy to hear that all is well and that you get off of work early! horrah! i hope you get some sleep!

i have a lot of bx contractions too, but not painful.

twinklefae- that is horrible news! oh my. i wish-i wish i had a good idea or even some more comforting words. hugs.

ashley- well, i think that you are a miracle. if i were you, i think that i would be in total panic mode with all of that going on! i wish i could scroll up to your reply and see when you might move in, but it is too far back now- so, if it is this weekend- good luck! hope you get to spend christmas in your new house!

i should be doing a lot of things right now- just taking a break while dh has the girls at the store. i feel really unprepared for christmas- low on energy and wishing that i could be with my family- but, i am really relieved that we are not going to drive to my ILs, excited about some of the gifts for the girls, and hungry for all of the food we are planning! i wish i had done a better job with gifts for my dh.....especially after he made such a nice birthday for me.

dd1 was "mary" in the play at the kindergarten yesterday and she was soo sweet, rocking the little baby jesus. she will be (already is, but again) such a great sister.

ok, michelle- break over! back to work.

merry christmas!

#86 of 139 Old 12-23-2010, 06:15 AM

okimom & mcs--thanks so much for the good wishes! the move is on today!!! no more rain smile.gif at my regular eating hour (4am) i couldn't go back to sleep, so at 5 i got up and finished up the last of the kitchen! i'll take the three cats first...and go from there! smile.gif  so excited...thanks again for the good wishes, i really wanted to be in for christmas...so even though we'll still be unpacking, it'll be perfect! mcs-- not in panic mode, just ready! thanks though, your post gave me a smile!

have a great day ladies. i'm not sure if i'll have internet right away as it was the only setup i wasn't in charge of, my husband wanted to compare rates...so i'm not sure when we'll get up and going, hopefully soon! and if it's not up until later...MERRY CHRISTMAS! biggrinbounce.gif

ashley

#87 of 139 Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Make sure to lock the cats in a room! My family moved once and my brothers were in charge of taking in our (many) cats.. They left a few roaming who got out and got really scared because they had no idea where they were.. Poor things. My mother always brought them in in the carrier and left them in their for a couple of hours so they could adjust to the environment then let them loose in the bathroom until we were done moving in..

I have a house full of sickies over here. 3 time this month we all got sick, last time we were sick (other than me having morning sickness) was last year. Fun, the girls especially since they NEVER get sick and its making them crabby.

#88 of 139 Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No braxton hicks here! Perhaps a few twinges if I overdo myself, but nothing considerable at all. But I didn't have any with DS either.

Twinklefae, have you talked to your midwife directly to ask her about it? As in...what's the honest likelihood of your homebirth still happening? Are there any other local midwives that might take you on due to this sudden event?

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#89 of 139 Old 12-24-2010, 09:27 AM

I've been having full blown BH contractions lately. I mean, I've had them regularly, daily, since about 12 weeks, but now they're a lot more intense. Like, I especially feel them if I get the urge to pee (for the 32434645623346th time today) and don't immediately go running to the bathroom, my uterus squeezes down into a hard knot until I do. And of course, walking, and other times. But it's the verge of peeing ones that drive me crazy!

#90 of 139 Old 12-24-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep View Post

No braxton hicks here! Perhaps a few twinges if I overdo myself, but nothing considerable at all. But I didn't have any with DS either.

Twinklefae, have you talked to your midwife directly to ask her about it? As in...what's the honest likelihood of your homebirth still happening? Are there any other local midwives that might take you on due to this sudden event?

I haven't, I'm spoken to their receptionist.  It's pretty unlikely unless there is at least one other midwife in my area just hanging around certified waiting to be hired.  I don't know what speaking directly to my midwife would accomplish - they aren't allowed to attend my homebirth right now. There are no other local midwives.  When they funded midwifery, they also made unlicensed midwifery illegal (and I don't think that's a bad thing) and there nearest ones to me are at least an hour away with a busy practice of their own.

Right now I'm looking into hiring a doula.  The local hospital isn't bad, it's just not home.

Anyway, it's my birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to concentrate on enjoying the holidays and hope for a miracle, I guess!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page