birth preparation vitamins - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone taking vitamins specifically for birth preparation? Does anyone know the difference between Dr. Christopher’s Birth preparation and Polly Jeans Antepartum 5-week formula? Can anyone recommend one or the other?  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-19-2010, 08:12 PM

I'm taking 5W by Nature's Sunshine (I think that's the company name) beginning Jan 1.  It's supposed to help my body get ready, as it supports the glandular and female reproductive systems, with the idea that I might be closer to my guess date than I was with my first two (3 weeks late and 11 days late, respectively), just for my own peace of mind.

I'm also supposed to start taking Evening Primrose Oil (helps produce prostaglandins) for the same purpose.

Never heard of the other two preparations you mentioned.

#3 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 08:00 AM

I'm not taking a vitamin, but I will start drinking Red Rasberry Leaf tea (starting Jan 1). It helps strengthen the uterine wall, making delivery easier & speedier.

#4 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've taken Dr. Christopher's before the first time upon my midwife's reccomendation and the second time because I really (emotionally) needed to do something proactive to avoid going another week overdue... I haven't decided this time... I have always had speedy labors so I may just skip it, but I do know that 40 week feeling is not so hot either (and 41+ even less so...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mom of four with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on the way
#5 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 01:54 PM

I will probably start Gentle Birth (by Mountain Meadow Herbs) at 36 weeks, but I'm not sure yet.  I'll also be taking RRL and EPO as soon as I get them.

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
#6 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 05:32 PM

I'm thinking of taking evening primrose oil capsules again. I took them the last month with DD2 and her birth was quick and relatively easy (it was hard and intense but looking back on it and comparing to DD1's her birth was 100 times easier and DD1's recovery from birth was 100 times easier.) I'm debating stating on St Johns Wort either right before or right after birth, I need to do some research first, I have a history of depression and depression meds don't really work on me (they cause me to go even deeper into depression unless they are really powerful and those you can't take while breastfeeding) but St Johns Wort works pretty well for it.

I need to get better at taking my vitamins since Im terrible at it. They make me so sick still, Ive started taking children's chewables (without iron) because they are the only ones I can keep down.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#7 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

OkiMom--I have found that vitamin B12 complex is a fantastic mood lifter! Have you thought of having your placenta encapsulated? That is also great for preventing the baby blues.

Now I am looking at Gentle Birth rather than Dr. Christophers--has anyone used Gentle Birth?

#8 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 11:30 AM

Anyone know where one can get these in Canada?

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#9 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM

I haven't tried B12 but I will. With the move so soon (we are doing an international move 2 months after the baby comes) I don't think I could handle another thing and when I mentioned it to my husband I got a "thats disgusting why would you do that?". I don't know if its worth the extra stress.. Im hoping since Im in a much better mental place now (before the birth) this time Ill be in a better place after the birth..

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page