Unique Baby Book/ Baby Memory Book? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I've been looking for *THE* baby book and have had no luck. I don't know what I want I just know I've seen a lot of books that haven't been the right one. nut.gif I don't want to do the box full of note cards, I don't want what the hallmark shop carries, I don't want a modern designed Etsy book, I don't want the "Guess How Much I Love You" or any other children's book themed (very hungry catepillar, winnie the pooh) book...I have literally spent hours on the internet all to no avail.

So...any ideas? sources? commiseration? orngbiggrin.gif

I just now thought that maybe what I wanted was something digital that I could then have printed off into a book (I hate my handwriting and can type fast and pictures will be digital...hmmm...) but would want something flexible. I see myself more as a milestones and "day in the life of" baby chronicler rather than "here's the front page of the newspaper (which we don't get ever) for the day you were born" and all of the "Baby's First Shots", "Baby's First Bottle" stuff won't be appropriate or used...

Does the ideal baby book exist??? orngbiggrin.gif

Help!!! orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 AM

Honestly, I haven't seen many (or, any!) baby books I liked either.  So, because I enjoy being creative (even though I am not a scrapbooker or whatever), I am going to make my own.  I'm going to copy the things I did like, and make some new pages of my own.  And I want to be able to add to it, so the best idea I've had so far is to make pages on computer paper, put them in page protectors, and put them in a 3 ring binder, to be his ongoing baby book.  I'm hoping it works out, I really haven't started yet!!

Happily married to my best friend, and nature loving mama treehugger.gif of one sweet boy (Feb 2011). femalesling.GIF

#3 of 8 Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 AM

#4 of 8 Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Two that I found online that seem nice are: http://www.aimeej.com/Luxe-Baby-Days-Memory-Album-p/ka-lx.htm

and http://www.ragandbonebindery.com/babybookbaby.aspx

However, they are pretty expensive and I don't like that I can't flip through them to see if they are really what I'm looking for before I purchase. Also, based on the website descriptions, neither seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#5 of 8 Old 12-06-2010, 01:14 PM

http://www.amazon.com/First-1000-Days-Baby-Journal/dp/157061508X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291666355&sr=8-1

Nikki McClure's First 1000 Days is an amazingly beautiful, open-ended messages-to-baby sort of book created by a local artist in my hometown. Her work centers on a lot of attachment themes- the pages are filled with beautiful hand-cut paper illustrations of dads babywearing, babies at the farmer's market, canning, and breastfeeding. It's my favorite. Everything she does is, really. We've got board books for kids, wall art, calendars, and this baby book. I'm madly in love with this woman.

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#6 of 8 Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 AM

I made one for this one. The other two I got generic ones. This time I wanted something special so I did a cloth cover for a composition book and Im making it into a baby book/scrapbook of his first year.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#7 of 8 Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good ideas! smile.gif I'm being really picky about this but I will probably wind up just blogging instead of having a baby book. It makes me sad. greensad.gif I love books and having something tangible to keep up with as a reminder seems like a good idea...there were aspects I liked about all the suggestions but nothing that seemed perfect. orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#8 of 8 Old 12-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

well you could always do the blog print out thing that was suggested the hard cover one is only 24.95 i believe and then you would have your something tangible. I think that's what i will do.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page