Who knows their baby is head down? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 62 Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post

Pixie- Funny you should say that. I have suddenly been getting a lot crap from my friends on facebook about both VBAC, breech, and home births. This whole pregnancy no one has said anything and then all the sudden BAM... ignorance everywhere. One of the things I was trying to tell them was that VBAC and breech births are normal everywhere else in the world and that our system in the US is actually waaaay behind other countries- and that our death rates were some of the highest for developed countries. I know it isn't their fault, but it gets me so angry. One friend freaked out and told me that when she had her c-section her doctor told her never to try a vaginal birth because she would bleed to death and the baby would die. WTF?!? But then I look like the nutcase when I say the OB was wrong.

Oh well! I hope your xray turns out good! And that your baby turns too!

Ah well, it's only ignorance. They don't know better, and they also get scared by docs/other people. So sad, really.

The maternal death rates, and c-section rates, in the US is scary though.

I'm not having the xray unless I have to, so I'm still hoping baby turns. I don't want to expose him to xray if not 100% necessary, as in, absolutely in birth and him still breech.

But thanks, and I hope your baby flips too, since yours have to for you to give birth the way you want *flipping vibes your way*.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#62 of 62 Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hah, todays U/S showed us he's back in vertex! (Left-anterior vertex even, so ideal, and the way he was before.)
He was breech last night when I went to bed, for sure, but he did move around a lot as I was trying to sleep, so that's why.

Yay! I'm crossing everything that he stays this way now.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page