Week #1 of bedrest done - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So last week I ended up in L&D in preterm labor.  The first medication they tried did not work so I ended up on Mag for 12 hours which really stunk, but the contractions slowed and finally stopped.  I was sent home on bedrest:(  Then this week I went in for my NST and failed it and they were talking about possibly having to deliver yesterday at 32 weeks, but baby passed a biophysical profile, so sigh of relief I am still pregnant.  We are crossing our fingers for 3-4 more weeks.  I went on a little tour of the NICU yesterday just in case, and I am trying to mentally prepare myself for whatever might come.  This has been a horrible pregnancy, but my papers for a tubal are signed and I am trying to just enjoy what will be my last pregnancy as best as I can.  I will be so happy to have this little guy on the outside where I have so much more control over what is going on with him.  Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-17-2010, 02:29 PM

Oh, Alicia, huge, huge hugs.  I'm so sorry.

DS is a 28-weeker NICU veteran, and we actually stopped at our NICU yesterday to say hi, because we love them so much there.  Our neonatologist was talking with us about being at 32 weeks and how easy our stay would be, if pre-e happened again and the baby would have to come out now.  He said there is a huge difference between babies born before and after 30 weeks, and anything after 32 weeks is AWESOME.  This isn't to say, "So you're silly for being worried," because of course you are worried - the idea of having a premature baby is so scary.  But, take it from my experience - medicine is so amazing these days, and babies are so much tougher than you'd think.  I never thought I'd say it, but there are absolutely days when I wish that my son (who weighed two pounds and was about as long as my hand when he was born) had come with a mute button and an off switch.  As I type, he is running around the house yelling his ABC's at the top of his voice (a favorite pastime around here).

Be as good to yourself as you can.  You and Riley are going to do amazingly well, I know it.  I'm thinking of you both and sending peaceful vibes, Mama.

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#3 of 7 Old 12-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Hugs.. I hope he (or she) stays in a while longer! Take it as easy as you can.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#4 of 7 Old 12-20-2010, 02:19 AM
mcs

rest rest and stay in touch. thinking of you...hugs.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#5 of 7 Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 AM

Been thinking of you and hoping all is well.  Also hoping you have some good magazines!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#6 of 7 Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all!!!!  I have snuck out a few times, but I can tell you I pay for it.  I went with DH to take the kids to see Santa and I was MISERABLE.  It is amazing how quickly those contractions rear their ugly head.  I am realizing for everyone's sake it is better I just stay home because I just become a ROYAL P.I.T.A....LOL.  I do have a bunch of appts this week and will try to coordinate the last of the Christmas shopping with those in small chunks....past that I am finding out that the cooking channel is a lot of fun to watch, and I have found a new obsession with watching Criminal Minds on tv.  I need a good book to read though:)

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#7 of 7 Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 AM

Hard stuff mama.  Hang in there.  Not long now!!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page