Riley is no longer Riley.....YIKES - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I just can't do it.  Maybe I just have to much time on my hands to think, but I just cannot name my son Riley.  I just cannot picture a 35 year old man with that name.  Yes, it would be so cute when he is a baby, but alas he has to grow up eyesroll.gif.  Problem is my kids call him Riley ALL THE TIME!!!!!!  Especially my 2 year old cannot seem to get that we are considering new names.  My husband said I can name him whatever I want (which is HUGE for my husband to say), but it is because he knows this is the last time we are doing this and it makes it special for me.  I just for the life of me cannot come up with anything.  Maybe I will have to look at him.  I want a name that "fits" with my kid's names, but even that is hard when you have 5 kids already.  I need some inspiration!!!!!!

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#2 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 AM

What about Ryland, with a nn of Riley?  You still get the cutesy name for when he's little, but he has a more substantial name for adulthood.

#3 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM

We don't have a name either.  But, the nameberry.com website is pretty amazing.  I have found the people on the message boards amazingly inspirational.  You can even give them sibling names and they will try to match.

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#4 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 02:49 PM

Riley is also an extremely popular girl name right now, not sure if that matters to you. We really struggled with a boy name. I hope that you find something that you like soon! 

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#5 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

What is it you like about the name Riley?

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#6 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Ryland

Rawlin

Rory

Riles

#7 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Ten years ago I named my son Ryley Storm.  I love the strong middle name, and the whole name fits him well.  I don't find it to sound juvenile at all, and he has an awesome deep voice.  That said, if it no longer rings true for you, you'll find another name!  He was slated to be an Oliver.  He wasn't when I looked in his eyes at birth.

#8 of 9 Old 12-20-2010, 05:25 PM

We changed DD2's middle name a week before birth. She was suppose to be Alexandra Lynn (Lynn after my mother) and then my husband asked if Id mind naming her Alexandra Glee (after his grandma). Since DH doesn't express opinions about names very often I agreed. Happened again this pregnancy only opposite. Baby was suppose to be named Thomas Hisgrandpaslastname our last name and I was thinking/praying about it and got an overwhelming impression I should include my grandpas last name and hynpnate the last names. Which is strange because I never thought that is a good idea (having a last name different in any way from the parents) but it was really a strong impression. I shared it with my husband who agreed with me and talked to his grandfather who was beyond floored that we would want to do that for him. So middle of October we decided on the name Thomas Douglas GILslastname-ourlast name. Two weeks later my grandfather passed away and this last week we found out his grandpa probably won't live to see the baby's birth since hes in the final stages of terminal cancer.It means a lot to the whole family that the grandfathers knew what we would be doing and that they were having a great grandson before it was to late for them to know.

All the names so far have really suited the baby. I can't imagine this one wont since the last two did. How bout if you don't know what you want to name him to wait for birth and see if you don't have a name come to you when you see him? Or look up names that you can have the nickname of Riley since your children seem so set on it.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#9 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 05:35 AM

A word of advice.  If you don't love it, DON'T DO IT!  We changed DD's name when she was nearly two.  Her name didn't fit her, I didn't like it, and it took a lot of money and hasstle to change it.  Just my two cents!

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page