Mothering Forum banner

Not the dreaded yeast infection!!

392 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nia82 
#1 ·
The antibiotics for my kidney infection finally gave me the dreaded yeast infection. How are you ladies dealing with stubborn yeast infections and any good suggestions on getting rid of it and keeping it gone despite the fact that I'm going to be stuck taking antibiotics for some time?

#2 ·
I think I've spent more weeks in the last half of this pregnancy yeasty than not. It sucks. Naturally speaking, you can cut out sugar, make garlic suppositories and stick em up there, take a probiotic, put a drop of lavender oil in the seat of your panties, put a silk pantyliner in your undies, take baths with apple cider vinegar, eat more vegetables... My midwife gave me a huge list.

However, I've tried for the majority of 20 wks to get rid of them that way and they keep coming back. So I've moved to just regular over the counter yeast treatments- the three day variety. It works. It's safe in pregnancy, won't hurt the baby.

So I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend with garlic up your vagina. For me, at this point (and my situation is NOT the same as yours by any means) I'm all for using natural treatments when they're working, but if they don't, well, then hand me my freaking pills lol.

Hope that helps!

#3 ·
I had the exact same thing about a month ago. Kidney infection (because the urgent care doc didn't believe me when I said I had a bladder infection! "Go home. Your back hurst because you're pregnant..." grrr.) Anyway, I just went with the Monistat 3 day treatment and it cleared it up.

#4 ·
I had one around 16 weeks. I used the tree day treatments that are safe in pregnancy, I think it's clotrimazole if I remember correctly. It took care of it quickly. And I wasn't even on antibiotics, but sick forever and I guess candida took advantage of me then. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.