January Chat.. - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 298 Old 01-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcs View Post

pixi! how do you go the grocery!? lol.   i think you are right- there is just no imagining the future.

Lol! Usually, one of us goes alone at night/evening. Our stores are just across the street, so we bring a backpack or a little wheeled bag or something. Because we basically just shop once a week.

We get a delivery on the door every week of organic fruit, veggies, eggs and such, so there's a lot we don't have to buy. We plan meals from that box for a week, and then shop what we need.

Anyway, new hospital trip today, continued headache, but pee was ok, BP a little higher than we want, !39/95. I have water in my feet and legs too. So it's looking more and more likely that we'll start the induction on monday.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 298 Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM

@ Mcs: Oh that stinks, I hope he can watch them still somehow... I totally ran into our trashcan last week, with our new minivan, with backup camera, but it was in the blindest of all blind spots. Luckily I was going like 2 miles an hour and the trash can is all plastic, so no scratches. I feel like my vision is totally impaired currently.

@ Trekking: Sounds quite exciting... I hope your DD will not need any bili treatments. DS was jaundiced a lot but it did clear up without any further intervention. His levels were at the upper limit on day 6 or so, but then we declined further testings and just watched his yellowness, which did go down daily, so we felt it was fine. he was a summer kid in central CA so we nursed outside a lot and had him in the sun. But I hear from DH's bay area family that the weather is really hot currently, so maybe you can take her out (I thought you were in the bay area)...

@ Jenne: What state do you live in? We delivered in a different city anyways so no ped, but nobody cared. The first ped was like whatever, the second tried to scare us into the vit K shot or baby will die, to which I said hm back home in Europe it's always oral drops and she backed off... Nobody put us under pressure. But in CA I only signed a waiver saying thanks, but no thanks, just like now in CO as well. Some states are a pain!

We have super warm weather today so we went to the park and I walked as briskly as my hip joints allow... DS had a great time playing, so this afternoon we shall be back outside to get things going. I'm scared that the u/s on Monday shows that the placenta gets older and older... Very scared. But good news is that Lowes was here today and carpeted the basement which will be turned into a play area, DS already enjoyed rolling around there with his cat. :) DH will organize all the storage stuff in the non-carpeted area and close off the wall under the stairs with sheet rock... And once MIL and her boyfriend come to meet the baby, they will help with electrical and such to put in more light and organize the playroom. I really like having that in the basement, just an area for all those bulky toys and space to run around.

#273 of 298 Old 01-28-2011, 02:52 PM

nia82~~ your basement sounds awesome! what a great space to have...and do so much with!

jenne~~i'm sure your phone is ringing off the hook! i'm not due until the end of the month and i've already got family checking in...sigh. i'm sure with your activity it's not too fun...i hope it doesn't stress you out! smile.gif

mcs~~sorry about the car! & nia82~~ glad your car wasn't hurt! i've got to say, at this point i'm much more comfortable with my driving than my husbands...or anyone else's for that matter. it's become more important to me in this later part of pregnancy that i drive! some protective instinct i think! :)

well, today is baby laundry day!!! at least i feel like i'm thinking of babe in a productive way! i'm actually surprised how much clothing/blankets we have...but between the showers and a couple of thrift store stops...i've got a couple of loads! it was fun taking the tags off and looking over those sweet little pieces! makes me wonder just who i've got in me! and the first is almost out of the dryer, so i'm really looking forward to folding and putting away!

yay for all the babies coming!!! 

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#274 of 298 Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM

update on Aubrey

I think when I posted last her bili level was a 17. We went and retested and it was up to 19.5. I talked to the pedi and explained that she was nursing well and wanted to retest in the morning. I thought she would be on the decline but the next test was 21. So we were back at the hospital for 24hrs of light treatment and just got back home. When we left the hospital her levels dropped back down to 11. Were going in on monday for more blood work and hopefully no rebound.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#275 of 298 Old 01-29-2011, 08:10 PM

Okay, so I'm getting a little closer to a place where I'll be able to write Elliott's birth story. But until then, I wanted to share a lesson learned:

I bought cloth postpartum pads from /homestead Emporium-- some are kind of splotchy dyed? I froze some with witch hazel. Anyway, my midwife went to check my bleeding about an hour after the birth-- I was on the second frozen pad-- and after taking a peek turned white and gave me the most intense fundal massage of all time. She was like, "YOU'RE HEMMORAGING!" so I suffered through her kneading my belly until she looked again and realized-- the pad was DYED blotchy red and purple- it wasn't blood! My pregnant brain thought the red ones would hide blood stains well- turns out they just look like you're bleeding when you're not! She felt so bad for massaging when she didn't need to, and I felt terrible for scaring the living daylights out of her. blush.gif

Mama to Iris, born 7/31/08, and Elliott, born 1/28/11!    Photoblogging a year in my daughter's life at iris365.wordpress.com and my son's first year at elliott365.wordpress.com
#276 of 298 Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 PM

this is my third try for posting...and so i'll keep it short to see if it works...

nosce---hugs for your yucky hemmorage scare and yucky massage! i'd have thought the same thing about the color pads... 

super glad all was okay!

okay, i'll write more later if this actually posts smile.gif anybody else have problems?

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#277 of 298 Old 01-29-2011, 09:10 PM

So, tonight we tried castor oil. In an hour I was on the pot throwing up and pooping. Contractions have been stronger but irregular so far. I keep telling myself that the statistic is 67% in *24* hours and not within the time period that the oil makes your digestive tract clear out. It isn't too bad I guess. I have a sensitive system anyway so I'm fairly used to this kind of action. lol.gif We've also dtd and more acupressure with some moxa. Oh, and the hypnobabies, "Baby come Out!" track. I guess if she is ready she will!

I'm not desperate to have her here but I really, really, really want to avoid a medical induction if I can and I'd rather not argue with the OB that is going out of her way to care for me at this point but she was very adamant about scheduling an induction if things weren't moving by Tuesday...sigh.

Nosce- Good advice on the pads! smile.gif Sorry for the massage!!! Yikes!
Trekking Girl- I'm so glad Aubrey is doing better! I hope those levels stay down, down!
ashley- Did you get the laundry done and put away? orngbiggrin.gif

Anyway, how are y'all tonight? Any fun baby projects in the works? Can you believe January is almost over?!?

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#278 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Jenne.....have you tried the old midwives way to start labor? My midwives in Europe told me to walk sideways up and down stairs as long as I could take it and that is supposed to open your pelvic region up pushing the babe down and in turn inducing labor. It worked for me anyway.

Trekkinggirl....are you keeping your babe at home in front of a window at most times during the day? This will help  clear up the jaundice.Old fashioned, but pretty much helps. Glad she is doing better!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#279 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

There is suppose to be a pressure point in your ankle that is suppose to induce labor. I don't know much about it but one of my Japanese friends was telling me about it when I was pregnant with DD2.. I never tried it but its there.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#280 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 05:58 AM

I think the pressure point is in the arch of your foot - at least, that's the one even my extremely mainstream prenatal classes mentioned.  (Inside arch near the heel)

Mother's Blessing today! 

And then nothing to do but wait...

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#281 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 AM

My doula said it's three or four fingers up from the ankle and you need to push really hard for a long time. She said most people couldn't actually do it to themselves because you need so much pressure.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#282 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 AM

Jenne - I hope things are gearing up.

Nosce - that sounds like a terrible lesson learned. Having suffered through some rather awful fundal massage myself in the past, I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that, especially due to an unfortunate colour choice!

I got my blood work back on Thursday and found out that my platelets are low again. With my first baby, I had low platelets in the third trimester and it became this awful stressful ordeal where we had to keep checking them and watching them continue to fall and wondering every day if I was going to risk out of homebirth. In the end, I had the homebirth but then I also had a retained placenta (hospital transfer and D&C).

My midwives this time have already been getting a little worked up about the retained placenta (even though I had no complications with my second birth AT ALL). And now with the platelets again, they're getting a little silly. They want me to start checking my platelets weekly and they want me to have a saline lock for labour.

Ugh. I'm so frustrated to be going down this path again when I feel totally confident that nothing is wrong. The falling platelets is normal for me for pregnancy and it doesn't mean I'm going to bleed...and I feel that I have no more chance of a retained placenta than the next person.

I'm planning to refuse the saline lock but I'm getting a little annoyed with being pressured to have it. I'm also feel stress that I need to have the baby soon before my platelets have a chance to fall too low and I'm getting more than a little freaked out that I'm going to go into labour when one particular midwife is on call. (They work as a team of 3 and 1 of them is just way too cautious - like notoriously so).

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#283 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 AM

I hope that you get the birth and teh midwife you want bluebird mama and that things go smoothly when the time is right. 

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#284 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 08:50 AM

Oh, Bluebird Mama! I'm so sorry about this stress! I hope that you are able to relax and enjoy the end of your pregnancy and am sending you lots of peaceful, good platelet count, and easy birthing vibes.

We are doing the spleen point (I think that is what it is!) that is on the inside of the leg about 3-4 finger widths above the ankle bone. DH presses with his thumbs or the ends of wooden spoons for 10 minutes each hour or so. It does bring on contractions for a little while.

I've also done some curb walking. In fact, my calves are sore from the curb walking I did on Friday night! I think this must be similar to the sideways stairs walking. smile.gif I just walk with one foot on the curb and one on the pavement for as long as I can stand it and then I switch. It is fairly brutal...kinda like step class only no break! It brought on some movement and contractions.

And I've listened (well, tried, I admit that I go into "very deep" hypnosis about 5 minutes in! DH said I'm not asleep since I come up out of hypnosis when it is over but I am snoring...) to the "Come Out Baby!" hypno tracks.

The castor oil wasn't too bad. I'm still loose and it did cause some bigger contractions but nothing has coalesced into full blown labor. I'm being patient though. If she is ready she will come. smile.gif I won't do more tonight since it can take up to 24 hours to work. And 67% success with it isn't everyone! smile.gif

I'm now trying to think about how to phrase to the OB that I hear her wanting to induce at 40 weeks but that I'd be much more comfortable scheduling it for 42 weeks. You wouldn't think 2 weeks would be that big a deal but since she mentioned in right off the bat I'm pretty sure it is a big deal to her. Trying not to stress.

Dh and I are getting ready to go to brunch! I'm so excited! I love Sunday brunch and with Dh's work schedule it has been over a year since we have gotten to go! We will take our crossword puzzles and maybe a newspaper and just wallow in each other, good food, and a restful Sunday morning!

Oh, and BabyGirl, feel free to come anytime you are ready! orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#285 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

bluebirdmama- I hope he/she comes soon and spares you to much more stress..

Jenne- if all else fails you can refuse induction if you feel its best.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#286 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 01:03 PM
mcs

jenne- i hope that your brunch was your last "before hospital" meal! it sounds like you are trying all of the tricks that you can....come, please, little baby, help your mama and yourself....

bluebird- i hope too, that you get the right midwife, at the right time, at home! what a lot of stress to add into your last days of waiting. hugs.

trekkingmom- I hope her levels stay down!

nosce- oh my, what a story! i guess neither of you will ever forget that lesson hard learned. ow-ouch, so sorry for you.

ashley- i too got a little extra swooning time in today when hanging up the last of the wool stuff i washed.....oh....

and.....we finally steamed the carpets!! they look so beautiful!

but, the smell of the soap was bothering dd1 all day (i didn't find it so strong and i am sensitive to that stuff usually,) and then we left to have cake at a neighbor's and she complained about being cold outside (really unusual for her) and then, after running and laughing on the walk over, once we arived she became very weird and clingy, and ended up vomiting. poor baby. so, now....all baby laundry- check. carpets- check. so on- check. but i want everyone to be healthy!

and, i need some sleep. i had major insomnia again last night and didn't go to bed until almost 5am! i blame it a little on my first trip to the library's english section and john irving. he is so easy to read, so hard to put down- i finished a whole book last night.....it was supposed to fill my "waiting" time up...oh well, now i will fill it with some sleep.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#287 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

mcs- I have problems putting a book down that caught my attention too. DH downloaded The Scarlet Pimpernel for me and I love that book. Only thing that kept me from reading all night is DD1 is being very clingy and wouldn't sleep without me cuddling her. I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon, you think shes sick or overexcited? DD1 sometimes gets physically ill from being overly excited about things.

I finally made the nail appointment for Saturday.. I just need to decide what design I want to get done. They use to have baby zoo animals as a design but don't anymore (I guess the person who knew how to do them left) so I need to figure out which one to get. DD1 wants me to get mickeys and Minnie's, DD2 wants me to get dolphins.

Anyone else having crazy birth dreams? In the last week Ive dreamed Ive: given birth in the car, given birth in the hospital bathroom, given birth but woken up pregnant again the next morning and given birth at home and my oldest DD caught the baby. Last night I had such a vivid dream I woke up thinking my water had broken! I panicked for a second because for some reason it hit me then I hadn't cleaned the kitchen the previous night (yea I know crazy thing to think about) then I realized wait, the couch isn't wet, neither is my pants or undies so obviously my water hadn't broken.

#288 of 298 Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 PM

Nesting struck hard today...I haven't had this much energy in months.  I felt a strong urge to clean and organize...vacuum, sweep, mop, do dishes, laundry, buy odds & ends.  I even had a strong urge to walk down to the ocean (not far from my house) which was very meditative and calming for me.  Been having BH contractions on and off the last few days...nothing regular.  The end is near...probably closer than I realize winky.gif

#289 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 06:25 AM

Jenne- Your OB might take it just fine, maybe.  With DD one of the first things my OB said was, "And when you get near your date we can talk about induction, in case you want family in town or anything."  I thought, "Oh crap!  JUST the opposite of what I want."  BUT I told him and I actually grew to really love and trust him and he never mentioned induction again after I told him NO! 

Might be getting some maternity pictures done today.  We wanted a sunny day though so we might wait until the end of the week.  Need to get in for a pedicure soon.  I don't like them at all but I love the results and not feeling yuck about my feet in labor. 

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#290 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 AM

Just got my hemoglobin count back and I'm within a hair of risking out of homebirth.  I'm not paying through the nose for that nasty Floradix stuff, so I've been doubling up on the dose of OTC iron tabs chased down with orange juice for absorption and a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses.  I'm currently cleared for HB, but if it drops when I get retested on Saturday, I'm out.  Happy thoughts for me?

The good news with this is that I have a lot of signs I might go into labor BEFORE Saturday.  On Friday, I was 4cm & 50% effaced.  Since then, I've had sporadic contractions strong enough to wake me up and keep me up in the middle of the night, and last night I had bloody show.  So, I have blind optimism that it will be a non-issue and I can stop these stupid iron tabs soon.

I had hardcore nesting instincts this weekend too. This weekend, I froze potstickers, meatballs, papas rellenas, and bread.  Not as scientific of an indicator, but it's all I got!  :)

MCS - I hope your DD is feeling better.  That is the pits when they feel miserable on top of the roulette wheel of "will I go into labor?!"  Also, I work at a library (albeit all in English) so I normally have like, 25 items out at a time.  It's like Christmas when the boxes of new books arrive here, but like you, I have a difficult time pacing myself.  The only help for me has been that I mostly read non-fiction, so it's not as difficult for me to leave a book.

Jenne - Congrats on the lovely brunch!  We have one place in town that does brunch, but they don't do it justice.  Your little slice of newspaper/crosswords along with brunch sounds HEAVENLY!!  I hope your natural inductions methods work and your birth only becomes as medicalized as it absolutely must be.  I am STILL pissed off about your experience at The Farm.

OkiMom - Let us know what you end up getting on your nails?  I thought about getting mine done since the weather has been so lovely here (highs of 72 and sunny!) but the designs at my local nail salon are more the flowers and dots sort.  Your choices sound fun!!!

BluebirdMama - I feel for you about the platelet issue.  I know they have to do the whole CYA thing, but I wish more professionals were able to take into account what is normal for each individual.  This is sort of the same way with me and my iron.  My iron always dips into the 9's by this time in my pregnancy, but I didn't have any extra bleeding with my DD, and I don't feel "low" this time.  Alas, same thing, can't convince them that I am fine!

SweetEleanor - If you get the maternity photos done, do post photos!  I love voyeuristically looking at all the delightful photos of the pregnant mamas here!

I'm Brooke!  I'm an avid knitter (ravelry:mamaaulait) and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my boy, River (9/2013).
#291 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM

hug2.gif mamas for you worried about getting the birth that you want...and feeling stressed you might have to compromise...that doesn't sound like fun at all...and i'm sure it's definitely not that pleasant when dealing with all the other late-pregnancy things! 

rainbow mandala--sounds like you got a ton of things done! i wish that fairy would come over here and sprinkle the magic dust on me! actually, everything's looking pretty good, but if i did have that cleansing energy, i'd love to give a good scrub to a few things!!! alas, for now, i don't have that instinct...just those thoughts! ha!

okimom--sounds like you are having lots of birth dreams! i know i'm waking up having had baby/or being pregnant dreams, but not so much birth...but i probably still have a month, sooo lots of time still!

i did get all the laundry finished! it was so much fun to fold those little socks and organize the little outfits. we actually don't have a lot of newborn size...but i'm thinking that's fine...we can always make a thrift store run when we see what we need more of when we see how big and who the babe is! :) what fun!

for all those book lovers...i feel ya! i actually just started reading more in the last couple of weeks. picked up my first fiction book last night (first in a long time) and laid in bed reading, sadly i learned a valuable lesson...that my hip hurts even more if i read in bed, then watch movie in bed, then sleep a full night on my left side....talk about pain in the ass!!! so, must limit time lying on left side! next time reading is sitting up in tailor position! but i did enjoy the book!

on a different note, my husband and i have both noticed the amount of time i've got energy to be up and about in the world is diminishing... i just get tired and ready to lay down...i think i'll increase my iron again...but i think it's just my body getting tired...and not really related to iron per se. i've been napping again this week, which hadn't been happening regularly. but, now it feels good....and if not napping just resting a few. i keep reminding myself to enjoy the last days of just taking care of me! 

better go, i've had problems posting and this is already long...

ashley

#292 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post

on a different note, my husband and i have both noticed the amount of time i've got energy to be up and about in the world is diminishing... i just get tired and ready to lay down...i think i'll increase my iron again...but i think it's just my body getting tired...and not really related to iron per se. i've been napping again this week, which hadn't been happening regularly. but, now it feels good....and if not napping just resting a few. i keep reminding myself to enjoy the last days of just taking care of me! 

Me too!!! I'm jus so tired & feel so lazy. Usually I am excited to be able to do things like grocery shop by myself and yesterday I did but it was such a chore!! I'm trying to listen to my body & just lay around and rest when it wants me to, even if I don't sleep but it's not always possible! Getting myself and the kids bundled up & walking ds to school is getting sooooo difficult! Anyway, as much as I hate feeling like a lazy sloth I figure I really could go into labour at any time now & if I'm not rested when that happens that won't be ideal!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#293 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks for all of your support ladies. I really appreciate it.

@aidenn - I'm sorry going through similar issues with your iron. How frustrating. I hope you have your babe before it becomes a bigger issue.

I just got off the phone with one of my midwives and I'm feeling better about things. We came up with a good compromise plan that involves checking the platelets regularly and only putting in the saline lock if the placenta hasn't delivered after 15-20 minutes. I think that's a fair plan that can make everyone happy. I hope the other midwives in the practice feel ok with that. I also raised my concerns about the one more cautious midwife and the one I was talking to said that she thinks it's important to come up with a very clear management plan that all 3 midwives feel comfortable so that continuity of care is not compromised depending on who's on call. I realize that's probably easier said than done but at least I was able to raise my concerns.

So curious about how things are going for Jenne and Pixi.... biggrinbounce.gif

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#294 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 PM

Me too! I'm back to needing an afternoon nap too! And just can't manage getting the kids in the car to go do errands either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobunny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybrook View Post

Me too!!! I'm jus so tired & feel so lazy. Usually I am excited to be able to do things like grocery shop by myself and yesterday I did but it was such a chore!! I'm trying to listen to my body & just lay around and rest when it wants me to, even if I don't sleep but it's not always possible! Getting myself and the kids bundled up & walking ds to school is getting sooooo difficult! Anyway, as much as I hate feeling like a lazy sloth I figure I really could go into labour at any time now & if I'm not rested when that happens that won't be ideal!

#295 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Anyone else having crazy birth dreams? In the last week Ive dreamed Ive: given birth in the car, given birth in the hospital bathroom, given birth but woken up pregnant again the next morning and given birth at home and my oldest DD caught the baby. Last night I had such a vivid dream I woke up thinking my water had broken! I panicked for a second because for some reason it hit me then I hadn't cleaned the kitchen the previous night (yea I know crazy thing to think about) then I realized wait, the couch isn't wet, neither is my pants or undies so obviously my water hadn't broken.

I had a dream last night that I had twins, except that I had only given birth to one of them and it was days later and I was waiting to go into labor to deliver the second one. It was very strange.

I am still fighting the cold that developed a few weeks ago, the cough will not go away and now I have nasal congestion to go along with it. I just want to go home and sleep for the rest of the week! DD turns 5 on Friday and she is terribly excited about it. This week is an insane dash to finish getting ready for baby and prep for her birthday.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#296 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Aideen- If I make it to my appointment Ill post pictures of the nail design (just excuse my ugly toes, Ive done ballet since I was a young child and my feet show it!)

Ashley- my first pregnancy I didn't have any dreams about birth, my second I kept dreaming I gave him at home in the bathroom (which is exactly what happened), this time the dreams are all over the place but I get some good laughs about them. I especially thought the one where I gave birth in the hospital bathroom because no one would listen to me about how advanced the labor was and there was so many women "in labor" who really weren't (In my dream it was Superbowl Monday and it seemed like there was 50 women claiming to be "in labor" chatting and all in the waiting area).. So I went to the bathroom because I thought I had to pee and my water broke, I couldn't walk because of the contractions so I ended up having him in the bathroom.

bluebird- Im glad you came up with a compromise.

lytere- Ive had a couple of twin dreams but nothing for the last few weeks. DH keeps asking what the likelihood of them "missing" twins in an ultrasound and I told him not happening.

My oldest is now insisting that the baby is coming on Sunday. I thought it would be fun to ask her and her response was "Sunday, right after Sunbeams" (Sunbeams is the name of the Sunday School class she attends).. Couple minutes later DD2 woke from her nap and I asked her and her response was "Sunday".. I didn't even know my youngest knew any of the days of the week. Ill laugh if he comes on Sunday.

#297 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 PM

So sleepy today! And still pregnant! smile.gif Let's see...we met the monitrice last night. We really like her. It is a good fit it seems. I had her check me because I'm curious...not because it means anything and I'm more effaced and actually dilated now which is cool. I actually wish I had a clear speculum and could do a photo each day showing the changes ala the cervix website that is up of a woman's cycle. I'm a geek like that though. lol.gif

Last night DH had a "date" with one of his friends to play Xbox online so I decided to find something to watch on netflix. Um. Yeah. I decided a movie was too long so I watched an episode of "The Secret Life of An American Teen." And another. And another. And another and stayed up until almost 2:30am! It is filth! Garbage! My brain has rotted! And I couldn't/can't stop watching. It is like a dirty train wreck...teens having sex with one another, the adults all having sex with one another...ewwww. And yet, I cannot look away. lol.gif

bluebirdmama- So glad you were able to come up with a reasonable plan! smile.gif

aidenn- Congrats on the bloody show! Here's to hoping you are snuggling your new addition soon!

okimom and lyterae- Also having strange dreams here...must be hormones!

cujobunny and ashley- hoping you get some rest!

For those in the central/southern/eastern US...maybe this big storm will usher in some labor? What do you think? orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#298 of 298 Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 PM

I'll chime in with my dream from last night, but really it was a nightmare! I was trying to walk somewhere...not even sure where...and it was late at night and there was like this carnival ride that looked like a car wash (weird I know) and it was broke down, so i decided to cut through it since going around the fence would take waay longer, but then while i was walking through the ride (like stepping over various gears and pipes and mechanical things) it turned on! and suddenly i was like trapped between some gears and a turning pipe was getting closer and closer and I was slowly getting crushed to death.  I woke up in a puddle of sweat! I kind of wonder if i was like lying on my back or something and my dream was giving me that crushing feeling so i'd wake up and roll over? Not sure but it was sooo scary!!!

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page