January Chat.. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 298 Old 01-13-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Its not the first time a package has gone missing. My inlaws forwarded a package to us (it was boots for my husabnd and the company doesn't ship over here so we shipped it to them and they shipped it over) and it didn't show either. They fell so bad about it, the are still trying to convince us to allow them to replace the boots but its not their fault people aren't honest. Its one of the things that I WON'T miss about living over here. DH is going to stop by the post office again today and if they dont' have an answer or the package hes calling amazon tonight. I feel a bit bad about it since its not Amazon's fault but its not ours either and the carseat wasn't cheap.

Jenne- I need to live near you, you can help me find a backbone. I can't stand confortation, which is funny since I use to be a Marine. I also went through the police academy but Im horrible about sticking up for myself. Just let me see someone messing around with someone else though and Ill step in. Ive stepped in between someone hitting his wife in the middle of the grocery store before, dumb I know but I couldn't help myself.

As for braxton hicks, only reason I know Im having them is if Im sitting with my hands on my stomach and feel them or my oldest points them out. I think thats why I realize Im having them this time compared to last time, DD1 loves to sit and feel the baby moves and will tell me if my tummy is hard or not.

I found a new way to get my to do list done.. make a list.. hand it to husband.. go take a nap.. wake up and its done.. To bad it won't work for everything but he told me he doesn't want me doing anything that I have to climb on something to do (Ive been having dizzy spells) or that I have to get down on the ground to do (hips are killing me) so it does make my list a little shorter.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#122 of 298 Old 01-13-2011, 02:04 PM

found out I'm borderline anemic at my home visit today. I ran out and got some floradix because I already know I am a heavy post-birth bleeder (and I have heavy periods as well). ANy ever used this stuff? did it help for you?

Since I am so close to birthing (36+5 today), my midwife wants me to take twice the recommended dose.

Okimom- I am totally in awe that these things can happen with the mail and you have to go figure it out yourself??!!!!

nia82- ya know I swabbed myself today (the way my midwife does it) and I didn't "wipe" with the cleaning cloth first. Now I am kinda paranoid, too! though I have never tested positive before...

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#123 of 298 Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So today at the grocery store while looking at lotion, my dear sweet darling 4 year old DD picks up a container of Cocoa Butter stretch mark cream and says "Here Mommy, you need this!"  ............... Thanks, kid. I'm hoping she just grabbed it for me because it was the brand with the silhouette of a pregnant woman on it, but it was still kind of a shot to the ego. irked.gif

nia-I'm 37wks today, so I'm not too worried. In fact, I'm thinking of making it a daily thing to see if it moves anything along!! Well, maybe just a nightly thing since I can't afford to sit around all day having BH and feeling really uncomfortable.

Heh, anyone else going back and forth between feeling DONE with pregnancy and then feeling not at all ready for what's to come after the pregnancy is over?? I cannot decide between the two. I'm driving myself a little crazy with it, haha!

Oki--at least Amazon is willing to work with you. I still can't believe the post office did that! Can you request that the post office not deliver the package and hold it for you? That way they can't deliver it to the wrong person or whatever happened?

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#124 of 298 Old 01-13-2011, 04:36 PM

3xmama--- that so made me laugh! i can see it being a shot in the ego though! thanks for sharing...i'm sure it was the silhouette of the pregnant woman...i mean i'm guessing your 4 year old isn't reading! :) btw, i'm also swaying between wanting the pregnancy to be over, and then on the other hand being completely content where i am...the wanting it to be over has just started though...so i'm not driven crazy...yet! :)

carriebft---i took double the dose in the beginning to middle of pregnancy when i found out i was anemic...i found it helpful, but i was also craving steak like crazy...so i'm sure that helped too! i haven't been taking it of late, but i still have it in the fridge and take it when i feel like i need it. hope you see the benefits soon!

better go, have to head to a meeting...but just wanted to check in. have a good evening ladies!

ashley

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#125 of 298 Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Its PO boxes so they put packages in locked boxes and the keys in your box. All it takes is for them to switch the key which I guess happens more than we think. I just keep telling myself it could have happened with anything. I keep praying that either they have it somewhere in the post office and just can't find it or the person returns it.

I'm not ready for the baby to come anytime soon. I keep telling him to stay in until Mommy is ready for him. Maybe he will be obstinate like his Daddy and be a couple of days late! haha I think I'm the only pregnant woman who WANTS to be late.

And because my husband won't let me tell anyone we know in person and I have to spill the beans to someone Hubby is being nominated for Marine of the Year by his unit. He doesn't want anyone to know though cause hes embarrassed. He doesn't do spotlight well.Im excited for him but I wish he would tell his mom and grandparents because I know it would mean a lot to them.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#126 of 298 Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 PM

okimom- Wow! That is a super huge honor! Just the nomination! Wow! I totally think he should tell! smile.gif

Um. Hello. My name is Jenne and I'm a hypocrite. I stole parking tonight. Yes. I stole parking. My BFF had a free night at a local hotel with a swimming pool adn invited us to come swim. So I did. Parking at the hotel was either $18 an hour! jaw.gif or $18 for overnight self-park. I wasn't staying overnight but I figured I'd be more than an hour. So, I self-parked. It was one of those deals where you pull the ticket, it marks the time, and the arm goes up to let you into the lot. So, we swam, got a bite to eat, and I headed out to come back home. I notice that there is a driveway to an adjacent building and go that way instead of to the pay booth. And the route around the adjacent building leads out to the road. I could claim I didn't know it would do that but truth be told I was hoping it would and then it did. So, I didn't pay for parking. That's stealing. orngbiggrin.gif No free samples of parking! orngbiggrin.gif H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E!

We picked up our van today. I think I'm in love. Wow! The ride was so smooth and nice down to the OB's appointment an hour and 15 away. The OB appointment went well. BP was 118/80 and I'm still 40% but soft, soft (last week I was firm)...and she didn't kill me with her rough manhandling this time. Midwife is the gentlest person I may have ever met. OB not so much.

3Xmama- It is funny you should mention the vacilating between being done and not ready. I was having some consistent pressure waves yesterday while out and I had to go to the car at one point for something and was sweaty, irritable, and having a pressure wave and thought, "Okay, when I get home I'm going to drink water adn lay down so this will stop! OR! I'm going to hook up the breast pump and get this going for real!" Then I had a little positive self talk about calming down and being able to handle what was happening. lol.gif

So, my sister-in-law who is "due" 1/15 is being induced tonight because she is "done". But I knew this would happen because when we saw them the first week of December she said she wasn't going to 40 weeks, she would be induced, because she was "done" already. (Can I say that I bet she winds up with a c-section for failure to progress or by her request?) I wish her all the best but it makes me *so* thankful that there are options available for the spectrum of wants and needs surrounding birth.

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#127 of 298 Old 01-14-2011, 04:02 AM
mcs

jenne- you are not a theif- they are! $18 for parking is robbery!

good luck to your sil....it is frustrating, but i hope it turns out well for the baby.

okimom- i know that my brother had a lot of problems with packages when he was in the military too- he was in misawa, in the airforce. i wonder why they can't get it together!?

and...congratulations to your dh! i hope he lets a little light shine on him! would it be terrible of you to tell his family?

carriebft- though my iron levels are fine, b/c i have been so tired, i started taking floridix last week. i don't feel like it is doing much of anything..maybe i will double the dosage too...and eat a steak!

nia- the prices are crazy! it explains why the second hand stuff is so expensive too. in ny, we had a church close to us that had a flea market every first sat. of the month- you could fill a bag of clothes for $3- and these were clothes from fancy ny'ers.....my poor 5 yr is running out of designer clothes! and i miss outlets too! but we do, do aldi, lidol, norma shopping for almost all of our groceries and lots of other stuff too- but it is hit and miss. my 3 yr sais that everything is from lidol. it is her favorite store- lol.

but, i solved the changing mat dilema already- instead of 40euro for the mat and 30 for each cover from the baby store, i bought a lawn chair cushion and pillow cases (really nice flannel)  from the thrift store and a wet mat thingy from norma......total cost........16euro! and it looks really nice.

and at the thrift store- while i was going up the stairs, i saw a man smiling at me so i smiled back and kept walking- then i heard him say to who ever he was with- did you see THAT belly?

i am not ready for the baby to be here, but ready to not be pregnant anymore. i feel more like a walking pot of symptoms than a real person. i feel like i need an unpregnant week to get everything in order....instead, dh is leaving on sunday till thursday for a field trip to a research library. and the week after that, he has an intensive week of training in switzerland. he will be able to come home, but not before the girls (and maybe me) are in bed. we are still waiting to hear if our insurance will ok the household help while he is gone. i have mixed feelings about it.....but he is really insistant.....i feel like he thinks that i am incapable- he says if we can have help, why not? i don't know if it is my hormones making me waver or if i am just too prideful in general.

in other news- i am going to have him give me a mohawk tonight. i feel like i need a little "punk" to give me a little more spunk- hopefully it will be better than the floridix. and i hope i don't look like too much of a pin head with my already small head and very big belly.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#128 of 298 Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 AM

I am so done with being pregnant this time, with all the pains and nausea, but not ready for DD to be born, kwim? I'm hoping to hold her in a little longer, so she won't be as jaundiced as DS... Please no weak latching issues again, it was a nightmare the first couple days after birth....

@ mcs: Wow how rude, people can be so mean. About the second hand fleamarkets - yeah my sister took me once to a Kindermarkt at a church and I was like WTH, people are asking for like 10 Euros for faded washed out yucky old kid's clothing?! I would be ashamed to ask so much for something I wouldn't even want to donate let alone sell. But then I saw my sister's Jakoo catalogue and was stumped by the prices.. I have no idea how they get away with charging so much for clothing, after all it's all made in China/Egypt/Pakistan too. My other thriftier sister found places like Ernsting's Family or other cheaper places that have well priced stuff for children. The other one hates Tchibo and says all their stuff is dangerous (apparently it has no Oekotex label)... Oh well. I just always bring stuff too, but my other oldest sister just moved to Shanghai so she's basically at the source of everything. She already went to "markets" where they sell Gymboree and other American name brands to the locals...

I put in the car seat into the van yesterday (what a pain, the new Toyota latches are terrible) and once I hit 37 weeks I'll put up the cosleeper... We also found out about an inspection that's going on in early February and DH won't be allowed to take paternity leave then, blaeh. He also has a thesis proposal thingie on the 4th, but at least the professors are flexible and would understand that he can't make it in case DD arrives...

#129 of 298 Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 PM

hey ladies

the month is almost halfway over and somehow I don't think I've posted to this thread yet? I'm usually so chatty! I have less than three weeks left till my EDD and I have been focusing a lot on my DH and my 7 and almost 4yo lately. DH has been on vacation since new years and he has been nesting like crazy. I get tired just watching him. He has just about everything set up for Aubrey's arrival with minimal help from me.

How's everyone doing? I really feel like it could be any day now. Lots of contractions most nights and gone by morning. It's exciting that some babies have already been born. I figured I would be one of the first because I'm due Feb 2nd. I guess I forgot to factor in twin births being shorter than singletons.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#130 of 298 Old 01-14-2011, 11:25 PM

SIL had her babe today around 1pm. I think she went in last night for the induction. My BIL says, "It only took 3 contractions to push her out! It was easy!" My DH now seems to think it will be that way for us. eyesroll.gif I'm glad that everything went well. I have seen just one picture and she is a cutie. Tiny though. 6lbs 4oz, 19inches. That's little right? For "full" term...

I've felt cranky and stir crazy most of the day but have gotten a lot done. I finished the baby quilt, decoupaged her inital to hang on the wall, did laundry, did paperwork, paid bills, had some quality time with DH (he was finally okay with it!!! Yahoo!) and ate...popped my back a little while ago and that helped some of what is going on but overall I just feel crappy today. Blah! Think I'll go watch a movie...

My Mom told me today she bets baby girl comes next Tuesday or in the following 5 days due to the full moon. I guess I'm term now (37 weeks right?) and it would be nice to meet her but I'd much rather have an 8 pound baby then a 5 or 6 pounder. Maybe a week or two doesn't make that much difference...thoughts? smile.gif Predictions on your own date? orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#131 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 04:12 AM

Jenne - that is hilarious about the parking!  But I actually don't think that's as bad as eating right out of the bulk bins.  Maybe simply because the latter is also unsanitary, lol.  But seriously, parking costs suck, and I'm glad you didn't have to pay, hehe!

That's cool that your SIL's birth was easy.  So weird to think of being induced simply for being "done" though.  My husband's co-worker did the same thing.  "I'm tired of this," and got induced.  Boggles the mind, really.  And yes, I'd say that's a pretty small baby!  One lady in my childbirth class had her baby girl, and she was that size when she came out at only 36 weeks.

I've heard babies gain about 1/2 lb per week, so two weeks difference in labor could mean a whole pound difference in baby's weight.  That's kind of a big difference, 6lbs vs. 7lbs, ykwim?  Unless I'm just like totally wrong about that, which is possible, as I can't remember where I heard that. 

My baby feels like he's dropped!  He's way low.  And 35 weeks today.  Like when I walk around, I can now feel him in my lower pelvis, my legs bonking him or something, and now I feel like I'm officially waddling!  He went head down at only 30 weeks and now he's possibly even already dropped?  Makes me wonder if he'll come before 40 weeks.  My husband is convinced baby will come early Feb, even though EDD's not until 2/17.  I'd been predicting 2/20 this whole time, and now I'm not so sure!  Hubby is thinking more like 2/3 (baby'd be 38 weeks).  Time will tell! orngbiggrin.gif

Happily married to my best friend, and nature loving mama treehugger.gif of one sweet boy (Feb 2011). femalesling.GIF

#132 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 04:45 AM

Jenne - I'm glad your SIL had an easy birth..especially considering that she was induced.   My DD was born at just over 38 weeks and was exactly 6lb 4 oz...we thought she was tiny then but now at almost 7 she is huge for her age.

I can't wait to be done!! I would like to make it until at least 37 weeks so he will be a better size but he is so low it makes walking (and everything!!) so difficult.  I was crampy last night and my lower back started aching...turned out to be nothing, thankfully!

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#133 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

SIL had her babe today around 1pm. I think she went in last night for the induction. My BIL says, "It only took 3 contractions to push her out! It was easy!" My DH now seems to think it will be that way for us. eyesroll.gif I'm glad that everything went well. I have seen just one picture and she is a cutie. Tiny though. 6lbs 4oz, 19inches. That's little right? For "full" term...

I've felt cranky and stir crazy most of the day but have gotten a lot done. I finished the baby quilt, decoupaged her inital to hang on the wall, did laundry, did paperwork, paid bills, had some quality time with DH (he was finally okay with it!!! Yahoo!) and ate...popped my back a little while ago and that helped some of what is going on but overall I just feel crappy today. Blah! Think I'll go watch a movie...

My Mom told me today she bets baby girl comes next Tuesday or in the following 5 days due to the full moon. I guess I'm term now (37 weeks right?) and it would be nice to meet her but I'd much rather have an 8 pound baby then a 5 or 6 pounder. Maybe a week or two doesn't make that much difference...thoughts? smile.gif Predictions on your own date? orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

My daughter was born at 37w5d (sure of dates) and was 7lbs 7oz. 

Who else is nesting? How on earth am I supposed to manage nesting and not totally exhaust myself? I even cleaned the BASEBOARDS today, I think the last time I cleaned them was when we moved in 3 years ago.I have this overwhelming desire to scrub everything down and make sure the house is spotless and bake and cook and get the baby stuff ready. This didn't happen with DD so it's a bit strange. I'm currently taking a break before I go get the vacuum out. I'm trying to decide if I want to vacuum the stairs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankful85 View Post

I can't wait to be done!! I would like to make it until at least 37 weeks so he will be a better size but he is so low it makes walking (and everything!!) so difficult.  I was crampy last night and my lower back started aching...turned out to be nothing, thankfully!

At 34 weeks I am getting REALLY uncomfortable now, I want to make it until at least 38 weeks though. I need to make it past the 5th of February (DDs birthday party) and then there is a conference I would LOVE to go to on the 11th and 12th. DH thinks if I register to go it will just guaruntee that I'm in labor and not able to attend.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#134 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Jenne-Glad your SIL had an easy birth and a cute little baby! That is pretty small, but personally, I think small babies are absolutely adorable. orngbiggrin.gif

Congrats to all of you who are getting so much done! DH got the carseats into the car the morning, so even though the seats haven't yet been checked by a tech, I feel so much better knowing that should we need the seats, we are ready to go! That was really the last big thing that HAD to be done before baby was born. Hooray! Now to get up the energy to finish going though some old clothes, wash diapers and whatever else is left on my to do list...Any of you nesting ladies want to head over here and help me out?! orngtongue.gif

Trekkingirl-My DH nested when I was about 15-20 wks pregnant. I so wish he would've waited to nest until now! Glad he's getting so much done for you!

Today I'm totally feeling ready to have this kid and take on the world! Yesterday, I cried because I didn't know how I was going to handle three kids (after being reduced to yelling at both kids a little before bedtime because they misbehaved/fought all day long, I couldn't even imagine adding a third into the mix). I will not miss these pregnancy hormones!! lol.gif

As far as predictions on when baby will come...Well, I'm convinced the Packers are going to make it to the SuperBowl for the first time in over a decade and I'm going to go into labor during the game! So that would be Feb 6th, three days after my due date. Anyone have a date they don't want to have their baby?? I don't want to have baby on Jan 21 & 22 because that's my grandfather-in-law's and FIL's birthdays, respectively. I'd like baby to have his/her own seperate day, kwim? (And for the record, I'd feel the same way about someone in my family.) I also want to avoid a Valentine's Day baby, for the same reason. I know baby and nature are going to decide what day is best, but I'm hoping a little mind over matter will swing things in my direction!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#135 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

I don't want this one to come before the beginning of Feb. I really want to get through DD1's birthday before he comes, I don't want her to feel forgotten because of  a new baby. Her birthday is the 29th so I figure after Feb 1st I should have had enough time to have a nice birthday for her and clean up around the house before he comes. Other than that I don't want him to come Feb 13th because its BIL's birthday.

I have no urge to do anything but Im forcing myself to.. Maybe if I get some stuff done Ill get more excited for the baby coming.. or not.

#136 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Just have a second...small babies scare the heck out of me! lol.gif So do toy dogs though so maybe there is some correlation. I'm not worried at all about having a 10 pounder...it is the idea of 6 or so that I find terrifying! Just so tiny!!! orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#137 of 298 Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 PM

I think I am okay with baby coming now. I'm 37w2d so still a bit early. Everything is ready for her and when I walk she feels like she is going to fall out.  At my OB appt a week and a half ago I was told she was 6.5lbs. Probably not but the OB felt my belly and measured and that's what she came up with.

I'm starting to think I might like her to come in the middle of the night so I can have someone just come crash at my house instead of having to watch my kids when they are up. DH wants to relieve the babysitter as soon as Aubrey is born so that might work. I know she will be here when she is ready. I'm anxious!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#138 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Id LOVE a small baby! My girls were bigger (8 9 and 8 4) Id love one around 7 1/2. Small babies are just so adorable!

Im totally not ready for the baby to come! Id be happy if he stayed in until 41 weeks.

#139 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 AM
mcs

my oldest dd was born at 40w3d (c/s, but i was in labor) and she weighed 6-6. small, but still in the range of "average"- and oh my! she WAS cute. she was my tiny little sprite, still is. little, but so aware and alive- not like a primi.  now, she is very average in height, but small boned and whispy...and still over-alert (she is talking a mile a min. and trying to fix a broken chair right now...lol)

my second dd was almost 8lbs and she seemed like a giant. she was so fat and round and squishable and loveable!

they were so oppisite, i can't wait to see how this little one will be......

but, really, i can wait.....dh left this morning and will be gone till thursday night. he told me last night that i would be doing him a huge favor by calling him to come home, but truely, i am not ready. i am very emotional right now and i kind of feel like i want to get over this bump and get to feeling "good" and ready instead of "lets get this over with!" ready.

we got a lot of things done before he left, but once again, the mess is left for me to clean. i shouldn't complain though, b/c i think it will make the week go faster and dear dh is no organizer.

also, i am feeling so often (irrationally) upset with him, i think it will be better to miss him instead.

gotta make some lunch!

#140 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 07:18 AM

MCS- I hear you on the irrationally upset with DH part!

Goodness, yesterday DH and I were having a conversation and in my head (thankfully I did not say it out loud!) I follwed up my question/response (which I don't remember!) with "@$$ho1e." Um. My DH is so far from that end of the spectrum as to be, on occassion, nominated for sainthood. He is a really, really sweet, nice guy. Seriously. I was so appalled by the thought! But still grumpy with him enough to think it and he hadn't done anything. Not even breathing too loud! lol.gif I'm not sure how he is putting up with me right now. I get cranky with him and he says, "Can I rub your feet?" or "Are you have a pressure wave?" or "Would you like something to eat? Have you had enough water?" He is just so confident that some external or environmental source is possessing me that he doesn't even hold it against me. Which just pisses me off! lol.gif Anyway, for the first time I understand the sterotype of the woman in labor saying awful things to her DH. I always thought it was from the pain of labor. Now I see, it is just hormones...or biology? Perhaps it is natures way of requesting alone time? smile.gif If I am awful to be around, people will leave me alone...right? Isn't that what other pregnant/soon to deliver mammals seek out? orngbiggrin.gif

Okay, gotta go find something to eat...I hope everyone has a wonderful day! orngbiggrin.gif

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#141 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 AM

well I was up most of the night with contractions that never went anywhere. Now all I'm left with is a headache from lack of sleep. My kids were bummed when I told them I don't feel well enough to take them to church. DH went back to work this morning after two weeks of vacation and has already texted  me three times. I think he misses me. Well I guess I've complained enough for one morning.

#142 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM

I had to laugh at this- I feel the same way! I go from being pissed that I'm home all day with the kids & don't have any help- dh is at work, my mom & MIL are 2 hrs away, then when someone does come to help all I'm thinking in my head is "why don't they just go away and leave me alone?" lol.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

Perhaps it is natures way of requesting alone time? smile.gif If I am awful to be around, people will leave me alone...right? Isn't that what other pregnant/soon to deliver mammals seek out? orngbiggrin.gif

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#143 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Jenne- I'm the same way at times with my poor Hubby. He tries to be nice and it just pisses me off more. Right now hes off to find something he thinks might settle in my stomach (morning sickness at 37 weeks, you got to be kidding me) but I know no matter what he gets its probably going to turn my stomach. poor guy! Last night I snapped at him because he brought me water when I was sleeping and accidentally woke me up putting it down next to me. I have no clue why he puts up with me at times.

Trekkin- I hope you get some rest today..

Got an e-mail from Amazon, they shipped me a replacement seat that should be here by Jan 24th. I just keep telling the baby to stay in there until I tell him otherwise! It worked with DD2, our camera battery ended up being washed so I told her she had to stay in there until the replacement battery came. She came 4 days after the replacement battery.

Anyone else thinking "what the heck was I thinking having another?".. I know it sounds bad and its a little late in the game but I sat around thinking about how crazy it is to add another to the mix right now. My girls are finally both potty trained and sleeping through the night. My oldest sleeps by herself (and even puts herself down) unless its to cold, which it has been lately. My youngest is just a ball of energy but is pretty self reliant. Ill admit it these two spoiled me. They rarely fight, help around the house, are smart as heck and easy to take care of. I rarely even have to make snacks because they just grab the premade bags I have in the fridge or a piece of fruit. I'm finally able to get things done and feel like I'm on top of the housework, I was even contemplating going back to school (online) before finding out about the baby. Now I'm going to add another child who is going to be totally reliant on me.. Eeeks.. I know it will all work out but honestly I'm debating whether Ive lost my mind. Yea, I'm just now thinking about this, I'm a little slow on things at times.

#144 of 298 Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Anyone else thinking "what the heck was I thinking having another?".. I know it sounds bad and its a little late in the game but I sat around thinking about how crazy it is to add another to the mix right now. My girls are finally both potty trained and sleeping through the night. My oldest sleeps by herself (and even puts herself down) unless its to cold, which it has been lately. My youngest is just a ball of energy but is pretty self reliant. Ill admit it these two spoiled me. They rarely fight, help around the house, are smart as heck and easy to take care of. I rarely even have to make snacks because they just grab the premade bags I have in the fridge or a piece of fruit. I'm finally able to get things done and feel like I'm on top of the housework, I was even contemplating going back to school (online) before finding out about the baby. Now I'm going to add another child who is going to be totally reliant on me.. Eeeks.. I know it will all work out but honestly I'm debating whether Ive lost my mind. Yea, I'm just now thinking about this, I'm a little slow on things at times.

I think this way at times. Mostly because this baby was unplanned. We weren't sure if we were going to have any more, dh was ready to be done but I had something holding me back from telling him to go ahead with a vasectomy- I just didn't feel done. So we did use birth control (condoms or sometimes just foam- ya that stuff doesn't work so well on it's own LOL) and I got pregnant.

It's only now starting to feel REAL and I wonder some days how I'm going to handle 3. My 2 do fight some, but they also play together quite a bit & love to help. My ds is quite self reliant, dd is just becoming so. She still wakes up once in the night but she goes to the bathroom by herself, she'll dress herself, she's pretty independent. I think newborns are kind of easy- it's when he gets a bit older & doesn't just sleep & eat. I especially kind of fear the summer when ds isn't in school anymore but at least then it will be nice out & we can go on lots of outings. Right now the days I get most anxious are the ones that it's really cold out or there's a lot of snow and it's a lot of work to get myself and the kids all bundled up then dd doesn't like to stay out long in the cold or I get uncomfortable standing or sitting, I can't really play with them & that's frustrating for me and them or I have to pee frequently so need to come back inside.

Come September both ds & dd will be in school full time so I look forward to having one on one time with the baby, even thought he'll be 7 months old, it will be really nice.

So all that being said, yes I do wonder "what am I thinking??" But for the most part I'm getting really really excited. Sad it's my last pregnancy though, it's been a great one, I know I'll grieve that part of my life being over after the baby is actually here.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#145 of 298 Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 AM
mcs

i wonder too, okimom. some days when my girls are really sweet (which they have been soo sweet lately,) i think "am i going to mess up this nice family i have made by adding the stress of a baby and maybe a sibling who doesn't fit as well??" and on days when they are not so easy i find myself thinking "what!! i can't even handle the two i have! what am i doing to us??" 

of course, i am also really excited to see how it all "works out" and what sort of little person we are bringing into our lives...really excited.

but, it is a *real person* with a *real personality*- it is a big deal, so i think that the questions are healthy. and, i am sure that after the babies come, we will have days when we ask ourselves the same questions again.

i had a terrilbe first night alone with the girls. first dd2 woke and was restless for an hour or so and then the cats woke me- i couldn't sleep from 2-6, when the girls woke up b/c i had the light on. i got them into my bed and cuddled them (and finally me!) back to sleep till 8 (really late for us.) i am dead right now, but can't fall asleep again! i have always been a chamipion sleeper- i don't think i have ever experienced this before. i don't like it. 

#146 of 298 Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 AM

I'M BACK! Did you MISS me??

haha. I was in Florida at Disney World and Universal Studios for the last 2 weeks. I'm happy to be home because the 12 hour days of walking around parks really did me in, but it was all worth it to see the look on ds's face as he met the characters (half of which he had no idea who they were but he LOVED them anyway).  By the last day at Universal Studios I actually rented a wheel chair because I felt I could not possibly walk anymore!

We had such a great time though! Here's a pic of me on the last day at the hotel:

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#147 of 298 Old 01-17-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post

haha. I was in Florida at Disney World and Universal Studios for the last 2 weeks. I'm happy to be home because the 12 hour days of walking around parks really did me in, but it was all worth it to see the look on ds's face as he met the characters (half of which he had no idea who they were but he LOVED them anyway).  By the last day at Universal Studios I actually rented a wheel chair because I felt I could not possibly walk anymore!

We had such a great time though! Here's a pic of me on the last day at the hotel:

You look fabulous and you are a brave woman! I can barely make it through the grocery shopping anymore.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#148 of 298 Old 01-17-2011, 10:21 AM

hollytheteacher--welcome back! it sounds exhausting, but fun...love the pic! 

mcs-- sorry you had such a rough night...there's nothing like being awake for hours on end in the night to throw off the whole day! hoping you get lots of good sleep tonight...and hopefully a good nap today. :)

Mama to  angel.gif(2/09) & angel.gif(6/09) & Phoenix Lucien 2/24/11 homebirth.jpg

#149 of 298 Old 01-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post

but, it is a *real person* with a *real personality*- it is a big deal, so i think that the questions are healthy. and, i am sure that after the babies come, we will have days when we ask ourselves the same questions again.

quote]

My Dad likes to say that having a child is the same as going down to the bus station and inviting a stranger to come live with you for the next 18 or so years and by the way you'll be happy to foot the bills. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post

haha. I was in Florida at Disney World and Universal Studios for the last 2 weeks.quote]

I did miss you but now I cannot speak to you! lol.gif Love Disneyworld! I am so jealous! We went there for our honeymoon and just had the best time ever. I'm so glad you had fun but also that you took care of yourself! Welcome home! orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Anyone else thinking "what the heck was I thinking having another? quote]

Well, even though this will be #1 this is pregnancy #3 and from time to time with this one I have totally had the, "We love our life! Why are we going to make it more complicated?" thoughts. Dh reminds me that it is too late. Not helpful precisely but he is so calm and "It will be okay," that it is hard to stay worked up. I think as a Mom there has to be the "responsible" voice saying, "What the heck was I thinking?" several time per pregnancy and multipled times a month during raising. Right??? orngbiggrin.gif

I was also up all night MCS. Contractions for hours, then throwing up, then nothing. Yahoo!!! I will be so happy when this week is over and I don't have to work so much! Sigh...7 more days...that's it!

Jenne

My first multiquote...it just seems messy and hard to follow... greensad.gif

02/11/2011   

#150 of 298 Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 PM

trekkingirl-DH txts me all the time from work. We've had a really good couple of months in our marriage lately, esp after the monster that is ppd was tamed with some help from Zoloft. So now we joke that we need to fight more so we miss each other less while he's at work. We pretend fight over the cats' names. lol.gif

Okimom-I ask myself what was I thinking about once every two or three days sometimes! 4 has been a hard age with DD and now that DS is finally old enough to move around and get into her toys and she gets into his and he wants to play with her but their playing type is so different because of the age gap...yeah...Sometimes I think adding another will be a good distraction for DS (evenutally) since they will be so close in age. Other times I think I'm nuts for trying to deal with another baby!!

Hi Holly! Welcome back! Glad you had a great time in Disney!

I had a prenatal today that went really well. MW said that baby has moved into the optimal position for birth! The head seems good and low (at least to me it does!) so that's also good news! The biggest trip of the appt was when we scheduled my next appt. Its the day before my due date! bigeyes.gif I'm something between YAY! and NO FREAKING WAY!! Can't believe I'm here already! I'm really hoping that that is my last prenatal appt! Going to try to start a DTD regiment and hopefully that'll help. DH shouldn't be to hard to convince of that. winky.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page