Anybody think you'll go soon? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After I hit 36 weeks we are cleared for our homebirth, I plan on being pregnant until at least 38 weeks though. DD's birthday is on the 4th of February and her party is the 5th. I'm okay with anytime after that. :)

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#32 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComplexOphelia View Post

Oh, gosh, I know.  I was really nervous at 28 weeks, but genuinely thought, "Ok, I'm going to be having this baby soon, so, all right," at that point.  Now as we come closer and closer to full term, I want it so badly - and it's actually within reach.  I'm having major anxiety attacks in a way that I haven't yet in this pregnancy, because I actually am believing that I COULD have a full-term baby, which I haven't believed at all through the course of this.  It's wonderful that at this point we're past all of the really scary preemie stuff, and I'm so grateful for that, but, of course, now I want more!  I'm okay not having the VBAC that I wanted, but I would be so, so happy to have a "take-home" baby.  And I'm 36 weeks on Friday, and my BP is still 120-130's/80's!  It's feels like so close I can taste it!

Ah, we're so alike sometimes, you know exactly what I mean! When he almost came at 25+6 weeks I was like "it's almost two weeks more than 24, almost three weeks more than 23 weeks, this'll be ok", and I was also very relieved to hit 28 weeks, big milestone. And then as I've hit 30, 32 and 34 weeks I've been more and more awed. (Every week, or every day, really, you know.)

And now, when I'm so close I so badly want a full term baby! When I had contractions every 2 min. last week and we thought I'd give birth that day I was like "It'll be fine if you come now, but, couldn't you just have waited a tad longer?" Now that I'm this far along, I just really want to reach 37 weeks! So close I can taste it, you said it. It really is.

Here's to full term babies for the both of us!

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#33 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I have had a feeling this one will be sooner than later, lots of pre labor signs so I'm just hoping to get to 37 weeks. Even if the baby is perfect we can't opt out and leave at 12 hours like we want if the baby isn't full term (we'd have to stay the 24hr at least)

I have had a feeling this whole pregnancy this baby was going to be in the 20's date wise, so...really that means early or 41 weeks...

I will be so happy when this is over, I've been so paranoid during this pregnancy, even now I'm still not really believing this is real. Going through IF with DS makes this baby almost seem magical and I'm still trying to wrap my head around a live baby to bring home (I haven't had loss, but fear it.)

Plus, I've had to take a bath the past 4 nights in a row to check for preterm labor, verse BH.... I'm so glad I know how to check my own cervix!

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#34 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Wondering even more what will happen--just got back from the MW where I was hooked up to a monitor for about 45 minutes, showing contractions about every 3-6 minutes. I'm 60% effaced, and 2 cm dilated...all of which would be alarming if this wasn't my 3rd baby :)  

I don't know, i feel weird today, was awakened at 3am with contractions strong enough to make me gasp, they lasted for 2 hours before I managed to fall back asleep.  And they've been coming all day about 10 minutes or less apart...but not getting noticeably stronger right now.

I'm only 34 weeks today, so eep!

Happy tattooed mama, madly in love with my 2 sons and my tattooist partner. Expecting darling #3 in 02/2011!
#35 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineEileen View Post

Wondering even more what will happen--just got back from the MW where I was hooked up to a monitor for about 45 minutes, showing contractions about every 3-6 minutes. I'm 60% effaced, and 2 cm dilated...all of which would be alarming if this wasn't my 3rd baby :)  

I don't know, i feel weird today, was awakened at 3am with contractions strong enough to make me gasp, they lasted for 2 hours before I managed to fall back asleep.  And they've been coming all day about 10 minutes or less apart...but not getting noticeably stronger right now.

I'm only 34 weeks today, so eep!

Eep! is right. Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but here's hoping that this is some prodomal labour and that baby stays in a little longer for you.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#36 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM

This is my first Post. EDD is feb 18th . But I feel huge and misable this is baby #4. I don't remember feeling like this this early. I sure hope I go soon. As soon as I hit 37 weeks in two weeks. It is hard for me to walk there is so much pressure on my lower stomach and bones I seriously waddle like i just wet my pants and have to pee every10 mins. I don't know how I could take much more of this.

#37 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Big hug Mimihol, that sounds miserable.  Hope you are able to put your feet up and relax some.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#38 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Mimihol- Welcome.gif Hopefully you can find some relief soon! Ive been having hip/back problems but they come and go so 90% of the time I can at least function.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#39 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimihol View Post

This is my first Post. EDD is feb 18th . But I feel huge and misable this is baby #4. I don't remember feeling like this this early. I sure hope I go soon. As soon as I hit 37 weeks in two weeks. It is hard for me to walk there is so much pressure on my lower stomach and bones I seriously waddle like i just wet my pants and have to pee every10 mins. I don't know how I could take much more of this.

My due date is feb 14th and i feel exactly like you do, I hope we both have some relief.

Mother to  Joaquin 10-13-00ribboncesarean.gif , Israel 9-5-2008 hbac.gif Judah 01-26-11hbac.gif Jax 01-26-11ribboncesarean.gif
#40 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 PM

I delivered on my due date with #1, and 4 days late with #2.  However, I feel like I'm going to go early this time.  I am 37 weeks.  I've never felt Braxton Hicks before, and I'm just feel SO uncomfortable!  I wish she would stay until her due date - my to-do list is a MILE LONG.

I can't believe how many babies have been born since I was last online.  Any chance we could have a list put up?

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#41 of 48 Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Welcome, Mimihol! I hope that you get some relief soon!

My EDD is 2/4 and I originally thought it would be neat to go until 2/10 which is my birthday but my BP has been creeping up and they found some protein in my urine yesterday so we'll see. I just want her to hang in there until at least 1/21 so we can get some more stuff situated and because I have been thinking of her as an aquarian. 

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#42 of 48 Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Is it a sign of impending labour if you don't want to leave the house or be responsible for anything except dessert and laying in bed?? If so, I must be about to go any minute. biggrinbounce.gif

Mimihol - I'm also in way more pain than I was with my other pregnancies. I'm having terrible SI joint pain and now in the pubic bone too so I can barely walk. I was 34 weeks yesterday and can't imagine having to waddle around like this for another 6-8 weeks. Sometimes I can only walk by leaning on the counters and walls in our house! I know bedrest is super inconvenient but I'd almost welcome it at this point. I hope you get some relief soon. I'll be thinking of you over the coming weeks.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
#43 of 48 Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 AM

Bluebird mama, we must be about to go into labor together lol.

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#44 of 48 Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 AM

It is wonderful to have your encouragement and support especially since many of you are in the same boat. I feel better already. I am taking it easy today and set my timer to do everything even 5 mins helps.

#45 of 48 Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM

Oh yes bluebirdmama, I must be ready to go at any minute as well!orngbiggrin.gif

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
#46 of 48 Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

OKiMom~ it sounds like we are due pretty much the same time! And I saw somewhere that one of your children's birthday is January 29...that's my birthday! My DH keeps teasing me about having a Superbowl party in the delivery room. winky.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#47 of 48 Old 01-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Baily- My husband is teasing me too!! He said hes going to cook the wings the day before so he can take them with him. I told him he brings food that smells good into the delivery room (especially wings which I love) I might have to go pregnant woman on him. He laughed at me, mean man! Im nice, I packed him a bag of easy to grab snacks, I just don't want anything that I can smell since my sense of smell is extremely sensitive. My oldest daughter's is the 29th of Jan, she keeps saying shes going to have her birthday and a week later baby brother is coming.. we shall see if she is right. Ill laugh if she is, she was right about me being pregnant (she guessed before we even told the girls), about the gender (she insisted it was a boy from the minute we found out) so we shall see if she is right with the baby's birth date. I honestly hope not, military people are crazy when it comes to sports since it connects them to home when they are so far away so giving birth Superbowl Monday (Sunday over there is Monday here) isn't something I want to do. I can just imagine how distracted all of them would be.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#48 of 48 Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM

I'm at 39 weeks tomorrow.  I went 43 weeks with #1 and 11 days over with #2, so I'm not planning on going early or even on-time.  However, I'm feeling some changes for sure: baby is definitely low, low, and I'm having regular BH even though I never, ever had them with the first two.  Still, I was 80% effaced and 1 cm dialated, could barely move with #1 for over a month, so it's not as if any of that NOW means anything, either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page