What's your baby set-up? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

See, I used disposable wipes for poops and cloth for pee.  Well, after she started solids.  Before that cloth are easier for sure.

Eleanor- Mama to Awesome Jacksonblueman.gif (1.0) and Rad Alli dust.gif(2.0) King Julianecbaby.gif (3.0) who was released to rave reviews in February.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 PM

I think I'm going to have DH side-car the crib, all of the baby "stuff" is in my closet. There is a set of stackable drawers with clothes, a rubbermaid bin with the  blankets, etc.. The baby clothes that are gender specific are in the basement boxed up according to size, so that all DH will need to do is go and grab the box labeled either girl or boy for 0-3 or 3-6 , etc.. I just don't have room upstairs for any of that.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#33 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 PM

In our diaper area I have diaper cream (theres only a few types that the girls could use and they all had to be ordered online so waiting until they had a rash and getting the cream wouldn't work for us), wipes, diapers, burp clothes, some hand sanitizing sheets (for friends who change the baby cause washing hands was to hard last time), wash clothes and lotion.. The lotion is for me though since my hands have been drying out and it just happens to be a convenient place to store it that the girls won't get into. I also have changes of clothes and blankets there since my kids love to pee/poop out of their diapers, I figure this one will be the same way. Its easier not to have to get up in the middle of the night and go into the other room to get an outfit change and I won't put the baby back into an outfit thats wet or poopy.

Ive never used baby powder.. I don't even know anyone who has except my father when I was a kid. He was shocked and dismayed when he realized I wasn't using baby powder on my oldest.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#34 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 04:19 PM

The hand sanitizer and lotion are a great idea!

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#35 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 04:27 PM

We have a small (around 800sq ft) house as well, but 3 bdrms, so the 2 kids rooms are tiny. Right now the set up is bassinettte in our room (which is quite large actually) although I most likely will cosleep it's good to have a backup. Under the bassinette are 2 large baskets with prefolds in one & fitteds & covers in the other. The cloth wipes are just on top of one pile & theres some sposies in there too for the first few days.

Baby's clothes are in dd's room- she has a closet with a nifty organizer in it so she has the bottom 2 racks and baby has the top rack with sleepers & gowns on it. Onesies are folded on a shelf in that closet. Under her bed are storage bins that have the little outifts but I figure most of the time for the first few months he'll be in sleepers anyway. I only have 0-3 months out for now, but I have clothes up to sz 6 in my basement all sorted by size so when a kid grows out of their current size I can easily grab the bin & swap them out.

I used an organizer like this from IKEA for diapers when dd was a baby I'll probably get a couple more. They don't take up much space but give a lot more storage- actually I have seen some at the dollar store that are 3 compartments long & I could stick some in corners of my house & put whatever in there.

Anyway, that's the setup for now, we will revisit as the baby gets bigger & depending on what he's like - strict cosleeper, or crib in our room, eventually bunk beds in ds' room probably...

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#36 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 AM

I got my repair kit a while back (though we never had tilting issues anyway and have used it for three kids!). I will use the repair thing though as an extra precaution. did you try calling them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComplexOphelia View Post

We still have an Amby, but they never sent us the repair kit after it was recalled!  Now we're looking for a new co-sleeper, which totally stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post

Amby bed in our room for first 6-8 months and then crib in guest room until ready for big kid bed (around 2.5) then its off to room sharing with the other kiddos! (unless we move)

I have a drawer in my dresser with the 0-3 baby clothes and the 3-6 in the drawer under the crib ready to go when we need them.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#37 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM

YOu have to sign up for the kit on the website iirc...it is just a plastic tube with a pin that holds the thing in place.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#38 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM

We never had any issues using it with DS, but now I'm nervous to use it without the repair kit.  We did email and call at the time of the recall and didn't hear anything, so I'll try again now.  I'd love to not have to buy a new co-sleeper, and we loved using the Amby! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post

YOu have to sign up for the kit on the website iirc...it is just a plastic tube with a pin that holds the thing in place.

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#39 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 07:26 AM

We fall pretty heavily under minimalist.  We had a pack 'n play for DD when she was little, but she rarely slept in it and never played in it, so we sold it.  We cosleep on a queen and a full pushed together on the floor (we live in a 970 square foot house, but it's 2b/2ba, so the bedrooms are good-sized!).  DD sleeps between DH and I so she can snuggle with whomever is currently in favor.  The other bedroom is currently more of a playroom with bookshelves of toys and the like.  We figure we'll buy them a Kura bunk bed from Ikea in about a year, so if cosleeping gets too crowded, we have other options.

I organize their clothes like smeep does - we have a dresser that was mine when I was a baby with 4 small drawers, two big ones, and a kids closet.  They share the closet for fancy hanging-up clothes, and they each get two small drawers (one for tops and one for bottoms of their current size).  One big drawer is divided in half for bath towels and pajamas.  The other big drawer is divided in half for "next size clothes" for each kid.  We also have a big tote in the garage for each child with storage bags for each size of clothes in each, for what they'll grow into.  We buy 90% of their clothes at thrift shops, so we buy quality items in sizes that could fit them in the next 3 years and just put them in the storage bins.

We do diaper changes on one side of the bed, with a 18"x18" cloth tote holding diapers and wipes and the wetbag and accessories organized in Ikea drawer organizers.  I may have to add another tote now that the kids are both in diapers though.  We'll see.

I'm Brooke!  I'm an avid knitter (ravelry:mamaaulait) and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my boy, River (9/2013).
#40 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Also near the change table, I keep pins/snappis, baby towels, receiving blankets, diaper cream, cloth wipes (we use baby facecloths - they are cheap, everyone buys them for you at a shower and they work great) peri bottle for water - I'd be really leery of solutions, they made my kid break out something terrible.  That's about it.  When he got older I kept the BB little potty on the floor next to it, since he peed every time I took off his diaper anyway.

I'll have to take a pic once we get the crib dressed - the room looks really cute right now!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#41 of 42 Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 AM

Im so glad to read about families sharing rooms.  We only have 2 bedrooms on our main floor.  We have a finished walk out basement but Im not seperating any of us from the almost 4 yr old and a newborn.  I need to figure out where to store baby boys clothes.  I know at first he will be sleeping in our room.  We'll set up the pack n play which we used for the changing table and to store diapers when my daughter was a newborn =X.  Maybe we will actually use the basinet part for a baby to sleep in this time.  We'll see how it goes.  Once he is bigger I think we will do bunk beds in my daughters room.  She has a very nice full size mattress so maybe one with a full bottom and a twin top.  We have a crib too which she never used and converts to a full sized bed.  Once she is older and old enough to be alone upstairs or downstairs we will set her up in her own room again.  Anyway... I still need to figure out where to stash baby clothes and diapers. 

Janette - Mama to Adrianna born 2.27.07 and expecting another 2.17.11
#42 of 42 Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 PM

what i've done is put newborn-3 months in her dresser than placed in a tote under her sisters bed more clothes. half of the tote is 3-6 and the other is 6-9 months. once i feel she is grown out of most of her dresser clothes, i'll switch. i may save some for if i have another lil girl and send some to my SIL who is due in April. my drawers are catagorized as : diapers, onesies along with socks and bonnets, pj's, tops, bottoms, lastly matching outfits. hopefully that will work.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page