Hypnobabies Support-In the home stretch - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I feel off the wagon for a little while but am back on with daily practice. How is everyone else doing?

I find the most challenging part is blocking out other noises. I am worried that this will effect my concentration during labour.

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#2 of 8 Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Hey...yeah the past two weeks I've been having a harder time remembering to do it every day.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself because I've been really irritable and I think it might have somewhat to do with the fact I haven't been relaxing.

I think I'll be ok with background noise when it isn't DS making it.... If I hear him I can't turn off KWIM.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#3 of 8 Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 AM

Yeah, I really need to get better at listening to it as well. Thanks for the reminder. (I might still be in denial. :lol)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#4 of 8 Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 AM

I only listen 2-3 times a week these days...though this is my second time through so I feel like this is good enough. I am going to start the second set of affirmations on saturday since I will be 37 weeks. I am rotating between Deepening, Fear Release and Painless Childbirth as the tracks I am listening to...the other ones just bore me these days LOL

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#5 of 8 Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 AM

I've been having doubts about how well Hypnobabies is going to work for me, because I always seem to fall asleep halfway through the Painless Childbirth scripts.  In a moment of doubt, I bought the Birthing from Within book on Amazon to supplement this.

I did Hypnobirthing the first time around and I don't think it helped at all.  Hypnobabies is going better, in terms of the "finger drop" technique being much more "real" to me, but after 20 hours of back labor the last time, I need to be sure I can cope with labor pains in an effective manner!

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#6 of 8 Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 PM

I've not been practicing my CDs much at all.  I love them (I often fall asleep half-way through) and think they'll work just fine, but I'm just not practicing.  I think it's partly because I'm tired of falling asleep during them...I still haven't figured out the finger-drop thing because of that, lol!

I think tomorrow I'm going to listen to a bunch of them, fast-forwarding through the hypnosis part, just so I can hear them and know what they are actually talking about (esp for finger drop!) and then it won't matter if I fall asleep during practice.

#7 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 12:52 AM

I ended up having to do this as well to master the finger-drop technique.  It's not really something I felt I had to be in hypnosis to understand.  More of an "a-HA!" moment and then moving onto the actual childbirth scripts, which I am still falling asleep halfway through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laerhk View Post

I've not been practicing my CDs much at all.  I love them (I often fall asleep half-way through) and think they'll work just fine, but I'm just not practicing.  I think it's partly because I'm tired of falling asleep during them...I still haven't figured out the finger-drop thing because of that, lol!

I think tomorrow I'm going to listen to a bunch of them, fast-forwarding through the hypnosis part, just so I can hear them and know what they are actually talking about (esp for finger drop!) and then it won't matter if I fall asleep during practice.

I'm Brooke!  I'm a breastfeeding advocate and IBCLC.  Homeschooling mama to my girls, Maiya (4/2009) and Jenevieve (2/2011) and my new baby boy, River (9/6/2013).

#8 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 AM

Well I will say this for Hypnobabies, when I thought my water broke I was completely calm and in control. I don't think I would have been so ok with early baby unprepared bags middle of the night run otherwise.

I gotta practice MORE....

I think it will work.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page