Well I thought my water broke... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So seriously I would have bet money.

Last night around 1 I felt..wet so I went to the bathroom, when I sat down I have a huge gush that I couldn't stop and went on for a long time (I'm sure it wasn't terribly long but I was a bit freaked out)

We didn't have anything ready, I'm just 35 weeks. I got everything ready for DS and the hospital bag (I was pissed that I had just ordered a new MP3 player for the birth and its not here yet, I packed CD's)

I went upstairs and felt like I had to pee and then got another gush I couldn't stop, so I felt down there and it felt like it was coming out of my vagina, I caught a palm full and it was clear, dumped it on the pair of white undies I had put on after I wasn't sure the first time and there was no odor or color.

SOOOO I'm thinking gosh my pee is always neon (from vitamins) this can not be pee.

2:30am we drop off DS, get to hospital by 3:15 (really nice drive that early in the morning BTW no traffic)

The ran three tests, The intern that was there (MW was with another labor person at the birth center) Try to check my cervix and low and behold she couldn't reach, Seriously she was trying so hard and couldn't have possibly gotten higher in me, didn't hurt and was really really funny. All negative.

Anyway, talked to my MW, she said that sometimes depending on the babies position it can lock urine in the bladder and when the baby moves it will come out in a gush that is clear odorless urine (I guess because its been trapped?). She said it happens to a lot of women and its worth getting checked.

So I'm not crazy...I am really glad that this wasn't it because its still early..

We got DS back and home by 6:10 long night, Dh at least slept from 9-1 with DS before all this (I haven't been going to bed until like 3 so I can try to sleep...silly pregnancy insomnia)

Anyway that was my night. Anyone ever heard of this?

Oh and yes when I peed at the hospital it was neon...

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#2 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Something similar happened to a girl I know.  She got to the hospital and she said they looked at her like she was crazy because her cervix was high and closed and her fluid levels were normal.  That's so frustrating!  Sorry about the long night mama!  

Wife of the husbandit and mommy to the wonderful G-Mack, born 1/30/2011

#3 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Thats crazy, I never heard of that! Hopefully your little one will sleep today so you can recover from your long night.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#4 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 PM

This has happened to me.  Full on, peeing.  Except my pants.  To the point where I need to change them immediately.  How. Um. Sexy. 

Clear, odorless.  Add in the lack of normal urinary control for me while pregnant anyways and you have yourself one hot mess.

Sorry you had to go through that.  You might grab a box of liners or something if it gets worse.  :(

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#5 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Yikes! I've never heard of that before, but I guess it does kinda make sense. Glad that all is well though. Did you manage to get any sleep today?

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#6 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM

I wonder if it has something to do with the G spot? I have heard that a G spot gush is urine but it is always clear and odorless. I thought my water was leaking yesterday but the ph strip showed 4.5 which is normal and not amniotic fluid. I'm sorry for the false alarm but at least babe gets to bake awhile longer. Hang in there! I hope you were able to sleep today.

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#7 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post

This has happened to me.  Full on, peeing.  Except my pants.  To the point where I need to change them immediately.  How. Um. Sexy. 

Clear, odorless.  Add in the lack of normal urinary control for me while pregnant anyways and you have yourself one hot mess.

Sorry you had to go through that.  You might grab a box of liners or something if it gets worse.  :(

Wow I'm so sorry. I was confused and I was at least on the toilet....

I have noticed that recently my kegals aren't working when the baby is in certain positions, well they slow down the flow but don't stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

I wonder if it has something to do with the G spot? I have heard that a G spot gush is urine but it is always clear and odorless. I thought my water was leaking yesterday but the ph strip showed 4.5 which is normal and not amniotic fluid. I'm sorry for the false alarm but at least babe gets to bake awhile longer. Hang in there! I hope you were able to sleep today.

Jenne

Yeah, Dh and I wondered the same thing as I do have that ability and the second time it happened I put my hand into my vagina and felt the rush of fluid....So I'm thinking maybe that's what it was...or both

I don't know....

I did get to take a nap with DS, but again tonight can't sleep (fourth night in a row)

I'm so glad the bean is cooking a little longer, I'm just not sure how I'd know if my water breaks before labor starts... 

Where do you get ph strips?...might be worth getting some.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#8 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 AM

yup drove me crazy running into the hospital.

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#9 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 AM
mcs

wow! i would have thought it was my water too! i am happy, though, that the baby has a little more time.

i hope you get some sleep soon. i've got the insomnia this week too......i am a zombie mama without any night time drama.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#10 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 AM

lol.gif "Zombie mama without any night time drama." lol.gif

I couldn't find ph strips at the pharmacy so I bought a pack of the vagisil test kits which are essentially way over priced ph tests. BFF convinced me that "why stop now?" with the expense of TTC (bag.gif I'm a several times a day ovulation and pregnancy test taker when TTC bag.gif) and that it was much cheaper to pay the money for the tests than to go to the doctor. smile.gif Plus I just wanted to know right then! orngbiggrin.gif

I hope y'all are able to get some sleep soon...

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#11 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM

My MD sister got me some pH test strips... Mcs, in German pharmacies you get those cheap. I have no idea where to get them in the US, I bet online though, they have urine sticks online too (got those from my sister as well). When DS's water broke I caught some in a plastic jar and tested it, was super dark blue basic pH value so I knew what was going on...

OP, wow I had no idea stuff like this happens.... Crazy!

Edit: Ok quick google search shows pH strips cheapo at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/PHion-Balance-Diagnostic-Strips-90-Count/dp/B000VRU4US

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page